Private Tales Coasting Along

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
As Ana began to speak Acteon felt a pang in his heart. It was not about the whole issue of marriage but rather at the level of thought Ana was putting into the idea of marriage and children and the fear it brought her. The idea of their curses passing on and how it might effect their children. But he also knew that if they did pass their curses down their children would have the advantage of parents who could teach them how to handle their curses. They would not be left alone to figure it all out.

Acteon shifted how he sat so he could better make his next move. His arms stretched out and wrapped around her. He pulled her to his chest and rested his head on top of her own. It was the fullest embrace he could offer her. His hands rubbed her sides gently and he just said in as soothing of a voice as he could manage, "Ana, stop worrying. It will be alright. No matter what our children will have us. They will never be left alone to deal with their curses the way we were. We can not let fear stop us from having a family either. It is too important to the both of us to deny ourselves."

The Allirian just held her after that. His eyes closed and he began to feel his energy dropping. He was tired. Not just physically but emotionally. So much had happened lately. It was one event after the other pushing him to his limits. And now he was nearly out of energy to keep going on. He would need to rest, truly rest, soon or he might never be able to move again.

Yet he could not stop and rest. Not while Ana needed him. Not while she panicked and feared what might happen to children she was not even close to having yet. Perhaps this is what it meant to get close to someone. What it meant to let them inside of your heart. He did not know. All he knew was she needed him to comfort her and he was going to see she got it.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Reactions: Andromeda
Ana's breathing was erratic and when he pulled her against him he would no doubt have been able to feel and hear the rapid pounding of her heart. His words did nothing to soothe the sudden flood of thoughts running through her. In fact, if anything they drove them on. The way he spoke in her mind sounded like he had already decided that this was going to happen. No, that wasn't true, he had said she hadn't needed to give him an answer just yet. Right? But how soon would he want one, demand one? Clearly he thought these things needed to happen soon.

And if she did, then what? How many kids? How would they raise them when she had to be near water? What on earth would they think knowing their mother craved the flesh of men every few days? Oh Gods was she going to be the cliche in the songs she sung about the parent who lied and said they were away on business trips when truly they were doing something sinister and dark?

"Is it hot in here? It's hot in here," she exclaimed suddenly and sat back up, scrambling onto her knees to undo the smaller top windows and then leaned her arms against the pane to then put her chin on top of it so she could hang her head outside and get some fresh air on her face.

• Yay
Reactions: Acteon Cass
Ana began to panic even more. She was spiraling further and further and further out of control. Acteon's words and actions meant to calm her had only made it all the worse. Soon she was pushing herself away and opening up windows. She even looked as if she might try to crawl out the narrow space that her hips were too curvy to fit through, assuming she could get her chest through it first. Wonderful assets for the bed and bench but terrible ones for the window.

Acteon was beginning to panic himself. What was he to do? He did not know. How could he calm her down? He did not know. Was this all his fault. Yes....

The Allirian took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. There was only two things he could think of to make this situation better and so he was going to have to do them both. He stood up himself and went over to where Ana was at. He picked her up and tossed her over his shoulder like a sack. Carrying her like a princess would not work here. She would struggle far too much and his leg was not the most stable still. He carried her over to the bed.

"Ana calm down. I will go get you some hot tea and a bottle of something strong. Going to give you some time. Know you do not want to be around me right now. I am sorry for that. Just do as you please and do not worry about children or marriage or the rest. I told you I can just arrange it with someone else so we can continue to just enjoy what we have now without worrying about the possibility of marriage or kids with each other." Acteon said to her in as calm of a voice as he could manage.

"Now please stay here. I did when you asked me to." Acteon said before smacking her rump hard and laying her down on the bed. He moved to the door ready to do as he had told her he would do. Tea, liquor, and time. Hopefully that would help her calm down a bit. If not, well he was out of ideas.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Sweet salty air. She breathed it in in greedy gulps and it helped a little to ease her mind but now it stirred another need. The drums of the sea that were a constant in her mind grew louder and she contemplated for a moment leaving to go for a swim. If she did, however, she was not entirely trusting of herself to ever come back. Ana's eyes closed and she took another breath focusing on the smell and the sounds from outside. And again. And aga-

"What the fu-" Ana found herself plucked from her perch on the window seat and then thrown like some peasant wrench to be manhandled over his shoulder. It was instinct to squirm like it had been on the island when he had picked her up and covered her mouth. "Put me down," she demanded over the top of his words, a frustrated noise coming from her throat. She continued her demands to be low down even as he spoke; she refused to be treated and spoken to whilst she was in such an indignant position.

It was the smack on her arse that finally got her to shut up before she was unceremoniously dumped on the bed. Her cheeks were flushed from anger and humiliation and she gave him a small narrow eyed glare as he retreated, arms slowly folding over her chest. He better damn well bring the good shit after that.

• Yay
Going down the stairs, being careful not to lose his footing, Acteon limped his way to the bar. Louisa of all people was there still and seemed to have picked herself out a new target. That was good for Acteon although maybe not for the new guy. Depended on what she was going to do to him. He walked up though and explained how Ana was still mourning and needed some space. He asked for her to get some mint and lavender tea, to help her nerves, and also the best bottle of her favorite stuff. Then he tossed what was likely far too much of a payment and wandered his way on outside.

The night was not as chilly here as it was in Alliria this time of year. Neither of the places were as chilly as some places he had been though. It felt good. His gaze went up to stare at the stars and the moon. The scene of the lights in the black sky made sense. They were familiar and real and constant. They were unlike his emotions. Why could he not control himself or how he felt? They were his emotions after all.... And so his mind wandered to thoughts of Ana and how he had failed her tonight.

The Allirian just roamed about seemingly at random, because it was. He just picked to go where he felt like and soon enough found himself back at the tavern. He did not know how much time had past. Perhaps an hour. Perhaps more. All he knew was his own feet had brought him back to her. Was this truly what he wanted? Did he want to be with her that badly? She had told him herself they had only met last week and yet he felt the need to be with her. He let out a sigh then limped his way back in exhausted.

Acteon was careful on his way up the stairs and the sound of his bare feet might be muffled or might be loud right now. He was not paying attention to it. Slowly he opened up the door to their room and entered. "I am back."

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Ana didn't move from the spot she had been placed on the bed for a long time. Her mind was still reeling about the many different paths before her her life could be about to take. A soft knock at the door drew her out of the daze and she stood up to go and open it. For a moment all she could do was blink at the assortment of drinks.

"Well your gent was right, you look like shit," Louisa barged in past her in the bustle way most tavern women seemed to have. Another slow blink and Ana shut the door. "He said you were feeling a bit glum after the set so I thought I'd come and cheer you up, ya know, girls slumber party like we used to do?" Ana couldn't help a small little smile that appeared on her face. Louisa walked over and sat on the bed with a tray and patted the space beside her and Ana dutifully came and curled up beside her.

"Ah sweetheart, it's going to be alrigh'," Louisa gently stroked her hair with one hand as she created a blend of drinks into one glass with the other then passed it to her. Ana sipped it and Louisa made herself one too. It was beginning to worry her that Acteon hadn't come back but he was probably out clearing his own head and he had asked her to stay put till he came back. So she would.

The next few hours passed by in a blur of drinking and talking like she had done when she was younger. Louisa was about five years her senior and Ana had known her since she was a kid - her father had often left her with Louisa when he wanted a night to himself. In a way it felt like Acteon had done the same. She couldn't say she blamed him and it definitely helped to ease Ana's mind back from the brink.

When he finally returned both Ana was asleep with her head in Louisa's lap. As he poked his head round the corner she put a finger to her lips and then carefully eased herself out from under the younger girl.

"She was in a bit of a state so I slipped her something to send her to sleep," she said softly. "Do you need anything for your leg?"

• Yay
What Acteon walked into was a scene of a sleeping Ana and a Louisa who was trying to keep her that way. From the looks of the drinks he had been gone for awhile, or maybe the two just drank like thirsty fish. He did not know but figured it was the first. His leg was incredibly sore by this point and so when he moved the limp was very noticeable. Gently he closed the door behind him so it would not make noise.

"Just needs time." Acteon whispered back to Louisa as he looked at Ana. "How was she before she fell asleep?"

The Allirian was very worried about the siren. Without even thinking about it he found himself limping over to the bed and sitting down easy onto the edge. A hand came to rest on her and he just took everything in. The smell of the drinks was a mixture of alcohol, medicine, and tea. It reminded him of the Guard hospital back in Alliria. Some patients got tea, some got tea mixed with medicines, and some got booze just to shut them up. Perhaps Ana was all of them.

"Be best I sleep on the bench tonight right?" Acteon whispered to Louisa as he continued to look at Ana. He felt he was in trouble right now if not by her but by himself.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Bless
Ana made a small noise in her sleep when he touched her but otherwise she made no movement, so deep in her sleep was she. Louisa suppressed a small laugh, Ana would never forgive her for calling her cute, then returned her attention to Acteon and his questions.

"She was just a little stressed," the tavern owner began to quietly and slowly clean up the discarded bottles and glasses from the best and pile them back onto the tray. One of these involved prizing Ana's fingers from a teacup. "Losing the crew... I think she's just had the rug swept out from under her and she's questioning what she wants to do with herself now. She'll get there in time," in truth Ana hadn't told Louisa the full story when it had come to Acteon and what he had proposed, it seemed a personal matter not to be shared. Louisa gently stroked the girls hair out of her face with a smile then stood up with her tray. "She cares about ya, I think you'll be alright in the bed. She should sleep through till morning now."

And with that she quietly slipped out of the room and let them to it.

• Yay
The Allirian just nodded to the Cortosi woman as she spoke. His focus was entirely on the sleeping siren. He found the two of them alone once more in the room. A kiss was given to her cheek and then he gently got up. There was something he needed to do before sleep took him. His body was nearly done and the likelihood of him waking before her were about as good as his chances of getting her to agree to bed him while signing marriage papers and disavowing piracy.

The man looked for paper, ink, and a quill. Thankfully he managed to find all of it in a desk and so began to write out a letter. When he was done he dried the ink then folded the paper and wrote Ana on one side in big letters. He stood it up where she could easily see it and her name was facing the bed. Hopefully she did not miss it by some great miracle. Then the human stripped and slipped into bed with her. Arms wrapped around her and her pulled in close he joined her in sleep.

When Ana woke she would find that Acteon was still sleeping with her in his arms. She would have no trouble getting out of them and getting herself out of the bed. He would not stir once although the lack of her scent, warmth, and form so close would cause him to frown and roll around a bit to find a comfort not possible without her.

If she opened up the letter she would see it read:

Ana,

I am sorry for the trouble I caused you. It was shameful of me to bring you so much sorrow. There is no doubt in my mind you will wake before me and be reading this letter so now is the perfect time for you to leave if you wish. I understand why you would wish to and will not bring you more trouble by trying to find you. I will not and can not bind you to me anymore than one could hope to control the tides and conquer the waves.

Before you leave however I do wish to tell you a few things. Your performance last night was the loveliest I have ever seen. I have been to many places around the world and to many courts as a sellsword. None of the greatest minstrels and bards have half as lovely a voice as you nor can bring out half as much emotion with song alone. I also thought you looked more beautiful than the moon last night. And lastly I hope you found some peace with Louisa after I left to walk and clear my head.

I know you must hate me now but I wish you the best.

To the most beautiful jewel in the sea,

Acteon

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Ana did indeed wake up first though she chose for a moment to lay there and enjoy the warmth of Acteon against her back. A soft sigh. Her brain felt foggy too so she allowed the moment to go on for longer than she normally would, especially with her stomach grumbling the way it was. She was reminded of the fact she hadn't eaten much dinner last night. She drifted back into a light doze then woke a while later as the sun fully entered their little room. Ana pressed her face into the pillow with a small whine of complaint before finally relenting and wriggling out of the bed.

That was when she caught sight of the letter.

Curious she opened it, read it, then read it again.

Her eyes moved to the sleeping man beside her and then she tore the letter up quietly, stood and used it to start up the fire once again. It was chilly in the room away from Acteon's embrace. Once she was done building it up she popped down to steal some porridge from the kitchen and returned to the room. He was still asleep so she quietly took one of the furs and blankets off the bed and set herself up over on the window seat to watch the port come awake. It would be some time before it was bustling, pirates were notorious for sleeping in. Currently it was the fishermen and those who lived in the port town who were meandering about.

• Yay
The Allirian rolled around in bed uncomfortable after Ana had left. The sun was finding a way to always be in his face. His arms felt lacking without her body to wrap around. He felt cold but not because of the room. It was the fact he was not feeling her warmth directly against his own. Her scent was gone and now all he smelled was the scent of linens with a bit of her own sprinkled on top. It just left his restless after the letter he had left her. His sleeping mind and body just knew she had heeded his words and left him behind.

But eventually his eyes slowly opened. Mind hazy, eyes blurry, and limbs lacking energy he slowly awoke. When things finally settled and he could get up he found himself a bit confused. He swore he could see Ana sitting on the bench looking out the window. That could not be. She had left. Her scent was blown on the breeze to his nose. That mix of salt and coral. It was her. She was here.

Acteon got himself up. All he had on was his underwear. He limped over to the bench. A hand was placed on the back of it so he could relieve the pressure off his injured leg. Eyes originally looking out the window came to settle onto the siren. He just stared for a moment then finally found his voice. "Good morning Ana. Why are you still here? Were you not going to leave to your next gig?"

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Ana was watching a particularly interesting fight between a woman and one of the fish mongers on the street. Without the window open she wouldn't be able to hear what they were saying but she was enjoying making it up in her head anyway. The woman was in fact his wife, Ana determined, and she was demanding answers about the young woman he had just been flirting with. The man was denying everything of course, but he did look panicked as she picked up a tray of fish and threw it on the ground.

She was so engrossed in her morning programme and eating her porridge that she didn't actually notice Acteon had got up. As such Ana jumped a little when he spoke. She spared him a look then went back to watching her new favourite show and putting another spoonful of breakfast in her mouth.

"My next gig is with your relatives, when are we leaving?"

• Yay
So Ana told Acteon her next gig was with him. That was not what he meant and she knew it. Did she? He looked over at the table, saw no letter, then looked around the rest of the room. No letter anywhere and the fire was going. Yes, she knew. The siren sitting on the bench was being difficult and stubborn. Why did she always have to be so much trouble for him all the time?

The Allirian sighed a bit then said to her, "Try not to wiggle too much." He then picked her up and sat on the bench where she had been. She was deposited directly on his lap and his arms came to be wrapped around her. He held her there and just looked out the window. What was it that had her attention so much? All he saw was the dock and people running around it.

"What were you looking at Ana?" Acteon asked having given up on trying to figure it out. She would tell him and not be difficult about it right? He doubted it. She seemed to be in that kind of mood right now and he was just going to cuddle with her since she chose to stay. Maybe next time she had a chance to run away she would take it.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Ana made a faint noise of protest when he picked her up effortlessly and set her back down on his lap but she didn't take her eyes off the argument in the street.

"Look, the fish monger and the woman," Ana leaned slightly closer to the pane of glass so he could see better over her shoulder and to where she was pointing almost directly below them on the street where the market was beginning to pick up the pace as more of the population of the sleep town awoke. The woman had trashed two trays of fresh produce now and had one fish in her hand and she was waving it in his face. "They've been arguing for a while. I think it's his wife. There was a pretty young girl there a moment earlier who I believe is his bit on the side and the wife has just found out. She's creating quite the scene," the excitement and amusement in her voice was evident. Ana lived for arguments between lovers; it was the stuff of songs.

She nestled back against his chest and brought her feet up to rest just in front of where his knees were on the bench. Before he had woken she had dressed herself in her travelling dress one again and the well made skirt puffed a little about her in this position.

The woman threw the fish at the man.

"Acteon if you ever write me a letter like that again I will do more than burn it," she didn't take her eyes off the performance below them. "If I want to leave it will not be with the rising of the dawn, not with you. And I do not hate you in the slightest. Hating you would be easier," she turned slightly now to give him a look, a small crease forming between her brows.

• Yay
The bit of time on the bench was pleasant enough. Ana had submitted to the cuddling and told him about the people she was watching. Her story seemed close enough, although it was not about him having an affair with a young woman but a young man dressed as a woman. Rather odd. Perhaps he was an actor? Some places still held onto that old tradition after all of no women on stage. It might be something Ana would enjoy hearing about....

Then Ana made her threat and even gave him a creased brow look. He almost wanted to laugh at how adorable the action was despite how upset he knew she was at him. But he had managed to not crack a smile or laugh at her and kept a straight face. A small victory to be sure. Now he just needed to get a response for her sorted out.

"So if you do not hate me it must mean you feel the opposite emotion of hatred for me. You must deeply, deeply not hate me." Acteon responded with a slight smirk making it through. He could not help it. The desire to tease her even in such a serious moment was so overwhelming it might as well be a need. Unlike when she was sad her problem was entirely him so he felt no need to panic and get protective.

"Say it for Ana. Say exactly how you feel about me." Acteon said as he lean down close as if to kiss her but stopped just shy of it. It was clear from his face he was very much enjoying himself right now teasing her. It was likely to get him slapped.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Ana's frown deepened, and deepened again at his teasing. This was not the time, she wanted to say, even if at the same time it made her want to laugh. He was an impossible man and frustrating and at the same time she wanted to kiss him she wanted to slap him. The siren settled for a huff that blew a strand of hair from her face and folded her arms over her chest, leaning backwards so that he could not kiss her even if that had been his intention. This was a serious conversation and she would not be distracted by him.

"You said you didn't need your answer right away," it was a response to his desires to hear her say what he wanted her to say but it was also half a question. A question that might get lost. "In truth, when do you need my decision by?" her face softened a little when she asked the question.

• Yay
And as the human teased the siren she was as difficult and stubborn as ever. He had avoided being hit this time so progress. The way she huffed and blew back some hair while leaning away just made her look more adorable to him, and she was lucky he had not said so. Her folding her arms over her chest just brought more of his attention to that area. Was she trying to tempt him or was it just instinctive for her to do so? As much as he might like to press his luck he had to have some self control right now. She was angry with him and trying to be serious. Least he could do was do the same.

As Ana spoke Acteon just smiled to her. So that was what was on her mind it seemed. He placed his hands over her rear as he said, "You are correct, I do not need it right away. As for when I need it...." He had to think over that one. Knowing what he needed to do and having a plan already in place were different things after all. His revelation had only come last night while he was sobering up a bit from his drunken state. When would be a good time for all of this?

"How about after we visit my relatives and if not then then when you come to Alliria?" Acteon said as if not sure it was the right answer. "That should give you a few days to weeks to figure this out. Although you have longer than that in honesty. I will not be looking for potential marriages until after we have begun to reclaim what it our's and are a presence on the Allirian market again. That is when I will need to truly be looking to marry. Either to you, my heart, or to a likely stranger who would provide a helpful connection."

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
The deadline seemed to extend as he spoke. From a few days, to a few weeks, to possibly even a few months. Ana wasn't sure how long it would take him to re acquire all of the lands and things he was referring too for she did not know the extent of his families wealth. It eased the frantic rising pulse of her heart though as the extension was presented once then again. The more time she had the better in her mind. He had been brutally honest with her and she felt she owed him the same. Taking a deep breath she wrung her hands together then started.

"I have... had a lot of time to think and whilst I do not have an answer for you yet... I know I couldn't just be a mistress, to you, if you married," she swallowed. It was hard for her to even say it. Though he had been in her life such a short time she struggled to think of him not in it. "This decision will be if I marry you or if I," she took a breath. "Or if we part ways. I know you probably do not think as a pirate I have high morals but I couldn't have this with you, whatever this is, and be happy with knowing you had a wife and children at home. I know you say that you doubt it would be full of love but you do not know and I wouldn't be able to be there... knowing that I wasn't even giving you the chance to see if you could be happy in that life."

• Yay
As the siren began to speak it only caused the human's heart to sink. For him having her in his life was something he could not give up on and would not give up for anything. It did not matter if she was his wife or a mistress so long as she was there for them to continue whatever this weird, confusing relationship they were developing together was. But she wrecked this desire of his completely. It would be marriage or nothing for her and he already knew her views on marriage. While the chance for this to continue was there the odds were against it. And he was all too aware of this fact.

It took him a bit but Acteon eventually managed to say, "I understand." That was all he could manage. A chance meeting lead to them together like this but it was likely her desire to be free that would see them permanently parted. What could he say against it? It was the best decision for her. Marriage was a contract in his people's eyes and in her people's it was a prison. How could he expect her to agree to imprisoning herself for any reason? He would not allow it for himself so she had no reason to do so for herself. They just seemed so destined for tragedy to him. One he did not know if he could recover from.

His hands still firmly on her ass the Allirian just was stuck in his own head now. His eyes seemed lost. They were. Deep in his own mind he was trying to work out how this all could work out. He wanted the best outcome. But none surfaced and his face and eyes showed this. He looked like a man sinking below the waves and drowning in his own pessimistic thoughts.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Cry
"Please don't look at me like that," Ana whispered and cupped his cheeks with her hands, her own mirroring that sadness in his eyes. "We still have time until I have to make my decision. I just... with you Acteon I cannot stand by and watch another woman be with you," her thumb gently ran down his jaw and she leaned forward so that their foreheads were touching. She would excuse where his hands were for now even if it was a serious conversation; it had the bonus of keeping her in the right position so she didn't have to use her own muscles to do so. For a moment all she could do was shut her eyes and stay there like that with him and then very slowly she leaned down and pressed her lips to his. It was a soft, hesitant thing. Full of the sadness she felt but also the desire for this not to end.

• Yay
Acteon listened to Ana and his first thought just slipped out of him in response. "Why do you need to decide? It sounds like you already have your answer Ana."

He pressed his forehead into her own and closed his eyes as well. This closeness was what he wanted most. It was more than that. It was something he needed. He had felt isolated despite others being around him for so long but with her he did not. How could he ever go back to the isolation?

As their lips met Acteon responded with the same sort of feelings. That sadness mixed with desire. But it began to change. More and more his desire, his need, for her began to strong. A hunger began to drive his kiss. Close. He wanted to be close with her. This whole business of the serious discussion had put some distance between them and he wanted to shorten it.... No it had not distanced them. The talk had revealed the distance that was already there. And it only drove him to wanting her more. He wanted to connect and grow even closer. So he allowed his desires to take over. He had been thinking enough already. It was time to let his emotions have their day.

The Allirian pulled Ana closer to him, getting more of a feel of her rear in the process. His kiss became more passionate and hungering. It was equal parts lust and love or rather how the two were apart of one another and fueled the other into growing stronger. He was ready for more than what they had had up until now. He wanted to know more of her and while their discussion had gotten them both to more understanding it was time he find out other things. He wanted to know what she felt like. He wanted to know what it was she would do if his hands were on her ass and his lips on her lips. Would she allow them to continue or would she bring it to an end? He had to know and so pressed on clearly having no intention to stop.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Ana could feel his need and it would be wrong of her to say she didn't feel it too. After being rubbed raw with her emotions and actually having the strength to talk about them instead of running she wanted to forget them now; like a reward. Her hands slid from his face to around his neck as he pulled her closer and his kiss grew more demanding. She knew it was probably not the best for them to do this, not when it might all end in heartbreak anyway and this would only make things more complicated. That in itself was confusing for Ana; a tangle in the sheets was usually the least confusing part of a relationship. Her breathing hitched and her heart rate grew quicker as the kiss grew deeper.

"Acteon," it was a plead, an apology, a demand and a caress all in one. He seemed to understand her breathy word against his lips though and soon they were on the bed and giving in to a very primal need.

Ana curled her arms around her pillow and buried her face into the soft feathers, breathing out a soft sigh. It felt like the band that had been growing taunt inside of her had snapped and now her body was limp and tired. It took a lot of effort to open her eyes even half way to glance across at the man beside her and offered him a hazy smile.

"You didn't answer my question about when we're going to your relatives by the way."

Last edited:
  • Yay
There was nothing Acteon would deny Ana. All of him was her's. His mind, his body, his heart. She had it all and he had made sure she knew it. Her plead, her command, her apology, her caress of saying his name had told him everything he needed to know about how she felt. And he would do the same for her. But not with a word. She was a singer and siren. Her voice was her identity. He was a fighter and a wolf. Certainly both liked to howl and bark and bay, but they were both known for their actions. So Acteon did not respond with his voice. He responded with his entire self. He made her and her joy the focus. Anything and everything he could do was done so long as she desired it. And in the end he strived to make sure she knew when he said he wanted her to be happy he meant it.

Instinct and desire faded as exhaustion took over. Acteon had not held anything back from Ana since before even their most primal connection. Every thought he had was shared. Every emotion he felt was directed to her. And now he had used up the last of what energy he had left in him since diving with her in his arms into the ocean. He was spent and felt at peace. He felt right and whole when he should have felt empty and alone. His gaze was on her face, or what he could see of it, as she spoke.

"Certainly not right now. I for one am drained." Acteon said to her in an exhausted voice. Then he chuckled a bit. "Hope you are happy Ana. You got everything from me that I can give. Can not even think straight now let alone move."

The Allirian took in a few deep breaths to try and regain himself a bit. He had never felt like this after. Before he always felt sated and the same kind of feeling he might if he had won a sparring match or a decently big bet. But with Ana it was utterly and completely satisfying. It made him question why he had waited so long to give up on that last shred of distance. He had wanted to connect with her and he could certainly say they had now.

"Ana, you have my heart. Please do take mercy on me." Acteon said to her as he laid a hand on her arm and squeezed gently.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
"Mm," Ana could offer no more than that when he spoke and buried her face further into the pillow with a soft sigh. She didn't feel like setting off on a journey now either. They had spent the morning and early afternoon in bed and she had no intentions of breaking the streak now. It was the first time in days that her brain wasn't working over time trying to figure out her emotions or what she wanted to do when she figured them out. For the first time in days she was at peace.

As he spoke his final words and gave her arm a squeeze she reluctantly left her position to move against him instead. She just wanted him to stop talking because when they started they would go back to where they were before this and for a moment or two longer she just wanted to forget about that. There was no ifs nor buts nor maybes, just the moment.

"Ssh," a soft press of her lips to his collarbone before she rested her head on his chest and closed her own eyes.

• Yay
An amused snort escaped from Acteon when Ana had left her pillow to turn him into one only to shush him. It was time for them to rest it seemed and he was not going to complain. He just wrapped his arms around her and gave her a squeeze. A kiss was laid on her head then the Allirian closed his eyes again to join her in the land of dreams.

The greenish blue waves crashed into the side of stone. Boats of all sizes bobbed up and down coming and going in every direction. A hand came to rest on his shoulder. He looked up. A beautiful Anirian woman stood there smiling down at him. Acteon was a small child. She was his mother. No words were being spoken. It was only soft touches and gentle looks. They were watching the ships in the port of Cassica again. His mother loved to see them. Be it in Alliria or Cassica she always found an excuse to watch the ships. She never had the chance to back in Vel Anir. The city was land locked away from the sea. Away from freedom and independence. So back to the ships and the sea Acteon turned his attention as he and his mother just enjoyed this little pleasure of theirs for a bit longer.

How long had Acteon been asleep? He was with Ana the last he remembered and had her in his arms. Passion lead to passion and then into dreams.... Why had he dreamt of his mother and the sea? It was unlike him to dream of anything but the wolf and the moon since his curse. Even before then he had rarely dreamt of anything but what he wished to be most or relived the worst times of his life. Peaceful and nostalgic was foreign to him coming from sleep.

The Allirian laid there and just tried to get his bearings about him. His mind was still a haze and his body still did not wish to move. Rest still eluded him. Rest that he desperately needed. Was Ana even still in his arms? He was too hazy to tell. Perhaps when his mind finally cleared and the remnants of his dream had faded back into memory....

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay