Completed Book Two. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2578

Many Years Later....(this thread is done now.)

The Vampire Lord's castle: Nosdyn.

It was an impressive structure made by an enemy that was defeated many years prior. Nosdyn now resided over the castle and the vampire clan that was associated to it. He sat on his throne.

He was reflecting on the past.

The inexorable past that lead him on his long and hard journey...

It had all started with a rebellion in the mines.

One battle after another had him grow in influence until he and his rag tag army won their freedom.

But the freedom came at a steep price.

They'd all lost many allies and friends along the way had won new allies, and had gained new enemies in the process.

Vampire Lord Nosdyn was blind, but he'd acquired a different method of seeing.

He sat there watching allies from the city delegate. There was a man and a woman, a descendant of Lady Xella who'd perished during the attacks at Lady Morgana's hand. He'd been weak then. He would never make that mistake again...

"My Lord....we need more resources. The poor are becoming bolder and we lack proper funding..."

"Enough." Nosdyn said he was angry. "Bring your poor to me, offer a choice to them. They can live at my castle where they'd be free or further suffer in poverty. Poverty should not exist in my city, Mayor." The man had been elected into power...Nosdyn also had not wanted that.

"But my lord...we need more..."

"Coffers I left at a surplus long before your tenure here, mind your place. You represent the reason I wanted women in charged." There was a problem in his city...men were getting bold and attempting to usurp power.

He would have to take control at some point.

"Is there any other matters that need delegation?" Nosdyn asked.

A woman representative, someone who was a descendant of Vampire Lady Tia walked up to him and whispered. Nosdyn saw the annoyance of The Mayor. He let it slide, women had more authority than men in his eyes. 'That will be all then." At Lady Anya's tutelage Nosdyn had grown his edge...it was a gradual change, done over time.

He'd learned who was more trust worthy than others....

He'd learned to trust his wife's word.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Yay
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
Nosdyn’s family had grown, his concubines had given him more children. Tia and Xella having been in his inner circle, consisting mostly of women, all of whom bore seamless, sheening steel collars marking them as his alone, and a few men, who were permitted to claim their own women. Anya remained his primary wife, and had borne him a single son, Conrad, who was now nineteen years old. It had been twelve years since Morgana had threatened his life.

Anya hadn’t taught her husband to be hard of heart, she simply advised him as she always did and explained her reasoning, which slowly made him think similarly as he desired to. She didn’t try to control him, no he was her husband but he was also her lord and master, she owed him her obedience.

“Nos, women are just a susceptible to corruption as men.” She said calmly, “see where corruption is, not where you think it will be.”

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
He nodded at her advice calmly.

He'd considerably grown since Lady Morgana's betrayal...he operated and did things different.

"Sometimes it's difficult because I can't see emotion on people like you can." He was blind many hints of emotional changes in body language and the like were gone on him since he became blind.

But he took her advice to heart. "I know...it's just that new Mayor rubs me the wrong way." He said with a small chuckle. Lady Velera walks up to the two of them at that point. Nosdyn nodded at her with profound respect.

"That matter you had Tia's Granddaughter looking into...checks out." She told Nos.

Nosdyn nodded. "A storm is coming." Nosdyn said to his women.

(Tia’s granddaughter would be his granddaughter, since the women belong to him and no other.)

“Something I should know Master Nosdyn? Or is it something you’d rather I stay out of?” Anya asked. “The mayor is a bit of a pain, but there is no hard evidence to suggest that he’s corrupt, and our spies report no log irregularities, no coin disappearance and no misuse of resources so far as we can tell. I say we turn him, make him one of us. Once that’s done he won’t be capable of being corrupt, and it would bring him more firmly under your control Master. Or I could turn him, or Velera perhaps. Tia is our treasurer isn’t she? Have her turn him, that way she’d be well placed to oversee all of it.”

• Love
(Yeah I remembered)

"This is not their Mayor...though he does attempt to misuse city gold. That's why I don't like him." Nosdyn explained he kept careful tabs.

"This has to do with their poor. Some of them have chosen to join some sort of a cult that has sprung up recently. I am concerned about this matter." Nosdyn explained calmly.

There was a clue somewhere with that cult...but for now he didn't have anything to act on so he let it be.

"But yes. Tia and Xella's descendants I respect a lot they have maintained constant sigil around our city. Xella's loss still hurts me to this day. I wasn't there to defend her." He sighed. But they'd been away on a serious matter. Xella had been amongst Nosdyn's vassals that were killed by Lady Morgana.

"This has to do with their poor. Some of them have chosen to join some sort of a cult that has sprung up recently. I am concerned about this matter." Nosdyn explained calmly.

“Oh, this. So you’re saying that we have no information on this cult? Perhaps we can send one of our spies. And we’ll find out where they operate and what they want. If they can be saved or not.”

Velera came up beside her Mistress, who gave her mostly bare backside a quick, harsh smack. “Keep that up Velera, where we can see it.”

Velera, blushing, obeyed, “sorry.”

Then she turned back to Nosdyn. “We have a spy who’s in a good position to infiltrate, a former criminal that they know we held. He might look like he’s trying to seek sanctuary.” She kept glancing nervously back at Anya. “If this meets your approval, Master.”

• Love
"Let's hear their story first." He wasn't keen on male vassals but some were good.

His mind was considering Lady Morgana's betrayal a lot those nights. So he'd have to be far more careful and less impulsive. He nodded towards Lady Anya and Velera and kisses Anya deeply.

No moment like the present.

Once he was done with the kind gesture he looked at her for a moment. "Your new dresses are quite alluring I must say." He smiled. "Let's hear what this man seeking asylum has to say, present him before our court." Nosdyn said calmly.

• Yay
"Let's hear what this man seeking asylum has to say, present him before our court." Nosdyn said calmly.

“Oh, I apologize, I suppose I didn’t speak clearly.” Velera said meekly. “I meant that one of our spies could go to them, under the guise of seeking asylum from us, and report back from the inside.”

Velera smiled when he mentioned the dresses, though they hardly counted as dresses since they covered next to nothing.

Nosdyn nodded he'd just been a little tired.

"That sounds like a good plan." He said, he was admittedly a little bit distracted and he wanted to call in for the night. It had been quite busy that day and he was feeling a little bit overwhelmed...but handling it well.

"Sorry I misunderstood I just been having to handle a lot. Trying really hard to make up for past mistakes." Nosdyn explained. He was trying to push himself a lot harder than he would have in the past.

He decided to call off the rest of any of the meetings for the night and went back to his master bedroom with Anya and Velera. He looked at them both calmly. "I've been weary...I'm trying to make sure I do right." He said to them both. "The Mayor we can let him operate as is for now our allies we have in the city keep a close eye on him...I don't trust him though. He incorrectly uses city funding." Nosdyn explained. "But he was elected by their own processes so we must abide for now." He didn't like it but he was not a conqueror.

He wanted his people to respect him...perhaps there in was his greatest strength and greatest flaw.

"That sounds like a good plan." He said, he was admittedly a little bit distracted and he wanted to call in for the night. It had been quite busy that day and he was feeling a little bit overwhelmed...but handling it well.

"Sorry I misunderstood I just been having to handle a lot. Trying really hard to make up for past mistakes." Nosdyn explained. He was trying to push himself a lot harder than he would have in the past.

Anya looked at him concerned. “You shouldn’t push yourself so far Master. If you are tired rest. I implore you, do not stretch yourself too thin.”

Velera showed her own concerned look, and her but snuck in a little. Anya, without taking her eyes off Nosdyn nor changing her expression, struck Velera’s backside a second time. A yelp followed and she returned to ‘proper’ poise.

He decided to call off the rest of any of the meetings for the night and went back to his master bedroom with Anya and Velera. He looked at them both calmly. "I've been weary...I'm trying to make sure I do right." He said to them both. "The Mayor we can let him operate as is for now our allies we have in the city keep a close eye on him...I don't trust him though. He incorrectly uses city funding." Nosdyn explained. "But he was elected by their own processes so we must abide for now." He didn't like it but he was not a conqueror.

He wanted his people to respect him...perhaps there in was his greatest strength and greatest flaw.

Anya nodded her agreement with everything he had said. “Wise choices Master.”

Anya slipped a finger under Velera’s collar and pulled her along, “now please, allow us to help you relax.”

• Love
He nodded calmly...but there was a concern on his heart. "Not tonight." He told his women quietly. It was not like him to say no like that. "Tonight I want to just be....as it was before. Let's just lay here a while without a care in the world." He said calmly. He was a simple man...simple men wanted simple pleasures.

He was happy in their arms though.

He simply would lay in the bed with them the whole night....but there was a growing feeling of dread in his heart. A distinct danger was growing beneath their fists. He would have to keep a close eye on that situation...the cult represented something bigger and far more dangerous.

He would not be caught off guard again.

Anya was a little disappointed, but she would obey her Master’s command. She did secure Velera’s arms behind her, she was not to touch Nosdyn, he would have to touch her. Anya followed a similar rule, and even had four steel bands enchanted, two at each wrist, to above each elbow, and they’d attack to one another when they touched, and would only be released by Nosdyn’s touch. These never left her arms. So, she and Velera were properly bound, and laid with their Master.

“If you only wish to cuddle, then who are we to refuse master? But at least let us be reminded of our place.”

• Love
He did as she decreed and kissed them both deeply...

His arms were wrapped around the two of them.

The next night...

Nosdyn found himself in the master library. There vassals had grown because Nosdyn was taking in the poor and impoverished, turning some of them himself or letting his other vassals turn them.

In that way they had grown...there was a network of spies in place but that admittedly made Nos uncomfortable.

He wanted to be transparent to his allies...

But that was at Lady Anya's recommendations and so he abided.

He was an avid reader....he enjoyed that though he was blind he could still read some of the books with his capacity. He'd learned and adapted in some ways.

Lady Tia saw her lord, she was with several others of the librarians...they were all vampires.

"Still can't sleep?" She said softly to her master.

He nodded. "Lady Tia I am hoping you are well in this fine night."

"There's a clue hidden in this library someplace. As we've suspected a cult has sprung up in the city...so far they have not taken arms against us but they are following a god I have no knowledge of." Nosdyn explained to her calmly. "There has to be answers here for us someplace. We can seek it together."

He looked at her calmly. "Insofar as sleep...medics never gave me an answer. I just simply can't sleep." He said calmly. "Just one of those things that simply are the way they are. Fetch me that tome over there, the one about old gods. A passage there interested me." He told her.

She moved to obey, the sway of her hips having been perfected under the harsh whip of Anya, meant to arouse and please their master. She returned with the book and laid it in front of him. “Anything else... interest you, master?”

• Love
"Your companionship for tonight. There is research that needs to be completed." He said, there was a time for work and a time for play...he knew.

But at that point he was sincerely trying to get some work at least partially. "But don't worry Lady Tia there will be other nights for us. I promise you." He said to her calmly, with that he began to read to her in their vampire's language.

He was interested in learning more of the old gods...particularly the race Skotadi and the other brethren of his kin belonged to. In his research he'd found there were many different beings like Skotadi...they acted through their Vampire's blood.

This deserved monitoring and proper planning ahead. He continued to read softly to Lady Tia, his voice was deep and accented. He was quite pleasant to listen to.

He was reading particularly hard in regards to all the matters of the Old Gods and the Old Ones...

• Yay
Tia listened closely and took notes, making sure to keep particular information in mind. She put down useful information such as strengths and weaknesses. She also made sure to keep her notes as detailed but short as possible.

• Love
He noticed it was late that night...but for the most part no sunlight ever touched the nocturnal kingdom.

He'd made some modifications to the castle to insure that.

He sat down after a while in front of Lady Tia. "You know...the dress is quite fitting of you." He complimented her...he could just make out the dress with his heat vision. He looked at her calmly. "I appreciate your help in all of this...I been troubled by matters of late. My mistake put my son and family in danger." He sighed thinking back to Lady Morgana's betrayal. He knew she was out there somewhere likely planning his downfall.

He hated it.

"I swore to Anya and all of us that I would never fail again." He held her hands gently. "We lost many allies in that battle...it weighed on my heart." He explained.

"I swore to Anya and all of us that I would never fail again." He held her hands gently. "We lost many allies in that battle...it weighed on my heart." He explained.

She hugged him reassuringly. “Everyone makes mistakes, and your position just makes them look bigger. But you’ve taken steps to improve and you’ve made less of them Andy even revealed a number of subterfuge that were unnoticed up to then. Don’t let it bother you, it’s over, and we’ll take care of her betrayal soon enough Master. Please, don’t blame yourself.”

• Love
He felt comfort when she hugged him.

"I've been trying. For the sake of all of us...It has been a difficult task from the beginning rising to this leadership spot. But I have been learning form all of you." He nodded there was a determination on his face. "We will be all right I agree."

"I have been taking Lady Anya's lessons far more seriously." He said carefully. He looked at her and ran his hand through her black hair. "I thank you for what you've always meant to me. I'm sorry about Lady Xella she meant a lot to me too." Nosdyn explained. "She was related to Lady Ellsa." He explained.

"But I digress." He smiled softly. His hand on the small of her back as they hugged. "I am glad you are here now though."

She hummed as her hair was stroked. “Are they even lessons? I thought she just advised you on certain matters. I didn’t realize she gave you outright lessons.”

She hugged him more tightly, “I’m glad to be here Master. Now please get some rest, you’ve been working far too hard of late.”

• Love
He nodded. "Yeah...you're not wrong by the way. It's difficult for me to really state how I am feeling at points I have always had problems communicating certain things. Preferring to let my actions speak for me. But of late I don't know." He looked at her.

"Besides we can rest right here on the library floor as we've done so often in the past." He said with a sly grin. "But yes let's rest here for a good while we've both done good work." He readied his ceremonial garb on the floor nearby preferring to be skyclad for his women.

He laid down with her.

Yes they’d done it a number of times. In fact, the cuffs that Anya had commissioned for herself were commissioned for the rest of the women as well, and several anchors throughout the citadel were laid into the walls, ceilings and floors for their ‘activities’. Tia was taken as all of Nosdyn’s women were, roughly.

• Love
That night he stayed up with her...his arm wrapped around her waist.

He kissed the top of her head gently.

He stared at the ceiling of the library for a long time.

He knew he was cursed because he could not and would not sleep.

He often wondered what it would be like...sleep.

He kissed the top of her head once more and stood up gathering his clothing...he would return later in the week for more studies. He gathered his clothing and put everything back on.

He returned to Anya and Velera...and his son.