Completed Book Two. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
He left her bound there, naked and immobile. She and her fellow concubines were often left like this, to project exactly what their place was. She was always completely humiliated by this, and loved it, and usually spent a full day before her Master chose to free her from her arousing torment,

Anya and Velera were asleep, still bound firmly. And Conrad slept one room over in his own bed. The young adult boy had claimed a woman of his own, and just as his father did, marked her with a collar. The two women were subconsciously aware of their Master’s return, and each leaned into him when he laid back down.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
He could not sleep but he tried his best to spend his time constructively.

He kisses both of his women on the top of their heads.

At that point he lays with them, in their arms.

He always wondered what sleep felt like...

He recalled something Velera once told him. Vampires don't really dream... He noticed that his women slept very peacefully in his arms. He was happy about that. There was a knock on his door the next night, one of his vassals came with a message. Nosdyn looked at the vassal, this one was a male.

"My lord it's the mayor of our city he demands an audience." The vassal said calmly.

"Demands...?" That raised an eyebrow. He immediately got up. And got dressed in front of them. "Lady Anya I Must take care of a matter. I will be back soon."

He nodded towards the vassal. "I'll go see him immediately." There was irritation in his voice and he shadow stepped to their city...

He folded his arm across his chest and listened...any hint any clue...

He saw The Mayor, there was an armed entourage with him. Not a good start to whatever The Mayor wanted. "It's awfully late is it not, Mayor?" Nosdyn asked of the man.

He was looking at the Vampire. "I've come to speak with you will you listen, or have more of your whores speak in your place?" The Mayor had venom in his voice.

Nosdyn raised his eyebrow. "Get to the point."

"We've come to take your women from you." The Mayor suddenly said.

Nosdyn looked at the heat signature of the man. "No." Nosdyn said calmly, he remained calmly. "This is how you seek to gain favor with us? I was a fool to allow you to be placed in power." Nosdyn said. He was remaining surprisingly calm.

"We know your power is based on..." The Mayor began.

Bullshit.

Nosdyn acted and had his hand wrapped around the man's throat. He'd had enough. "You come to my house, insult me and my way of life then make threats?" The guards of his court were all over the entourage but would only kill when ordered to. Nosdyn looked into the man's eyes...his soul. "You represent everything I hate in men, in my own kind. I'm a man but I wanted women in power, women in charged. You're a puppet mayor, and you will soon be replaced." He threw the mayor to the floor hard in a show of strength. "IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE that you need to demand, or are we done now?" He looked at his guards. "Release them and let them go home." He showed tremendous restraint.

The Mayor left swearing the whole way home with his tail between his leg.

The same male vassal walked over towards Nosdyn. "That was a tremendous amount of self control my lord."

"Damned Mayor. Xella would not have stood for that." He sighed and sat on his throne. Now he was too worked up to go back to sleep with his companions...but he knew deep down something else was pulling The Mayor's strings...

The mayor returned to the city and spoke to his commander, a man, standing in the dark, shrouded by it, and clad in a long black, high collared cloak. At his side was a long, shallowly curved saber.

“He reacted as expected my lord. He’ll likely be by soon, and will find your trap waiting in my chambers. And I’ll probably be put in his prisons, or just cast into the wilds.”

“And you know what to do in case of either, correct?”

“I do my lord. All preparations are in place. We are ready to move on to the next step.”

• Love
It was a thinking man's game.

The Mayor was a wake up call...there were forces moving against him now.

He spoke to his companions at length...he knew what needed doing. This was a personal matter. He made sure Lady Anya and Velera could act in his place.

He took a final look at his gear to make sure he was ready...The Mayor was a wake up call.

The same thought occurred to him again. He is not acting alone... He was very likely walking into a trap but he was prepared to fight and die for what he believed in. He considered that carefully as he kissed Conrad good bye. "I must go now Lady Anya but you know what to do if worse comes to pass." He was prepared to die for his beliefs.

He did something different...he knew he could have shadow stepped right at The Mayors house but he decided against that.

He shadow stepped OUTSIDE of the city to throw them all off. He folded his arms across his chest and looked at the sleeping city him and Anya had built. There was a corruption growing within that city now.

He either would prevail once more or die trying. A female guard looked at Nosdyn. They nodded to one another with respect. "The Mayor is waiting for you my lord." She said.

"I know." He said to her. It was clearly a trap but he was prepared...

It was not the trap he’d be expecting. Not the most immediate threat, and certainly not an overt attempt on his life. Four of the city guard accompanied Lord Nosdyn as he approached city hall. The Mayor would be found in his chambers, writing at a desk, several letters addressed to various people. One was a group of slavers, whom he was apparently working with and supplying with weapons and resources, and even helped them establish a safe house on Nosdyn’s lands.

In addition to this, he’d find under the floor, a woman. Bound hand and foot and gagged. She looked malnourished and was clearly abused, thanks to the many bruises and recent whip marks on her butt and thighs. She was also blindfolded, and she shied away in terror when she heard the hatch open, whimpering, begging for mercy.

• Love
He observed carefully and attempted to call off the guards that were around him...they would not be needed. "So I am summoned. You're in league with the enemy." He sighed. "I can tell there is no way to resolve this peacefully is there?" Nosdyn asked.

"Before anything is decided though I must ask...you know we started a rebellion against these people. The slavers you're now in league with." Nosdyn paused looking at the woman. He would try to rescue her. "I had a feeling you were not acting alone." He said calmly. He looked at her for a moment, then looked at The Mayor. "State what you want." He said calmly to that man.

"Before anything is decided though I must ask...you know we started a rebellion against these people. The slavers you're now in league with." Nosdyn paused looking at the woman. He would try to rescue her. "I had a feeling you were not acting alone." He said calmly. He looked at her for a moment, then looked at The Mayor. "State what you want." He said calmly to that man.

“I want you and your wretched kind out of this place, you may have started out benevolent but your kind are nothing more than monsters, creatures born from evil and nothing else. I am not the only one. They wanted vengeance, and they wanted Your wife’s leash in their hands, not yours. So we agreed, and I supported them, and they sent me that little morsel as thanks.” He said equally calmly. “I want you dead, your women gone and your clan destroyed.”

• Love
"See there may be a problem with that request." Nosdyn grinned, he had a cocky expression on his face. On this, before his enemies where it all started....he could be a huge jerk to them and not care.

"We started this city to be rid of the very corruption you now speak of. It is not me and my people who are the bad guys here. We ruled peacefully and fairly until you came along." He looked at the woman again, the sight disgusted him seeing her in such a bad state. He suddenly attacked the mayor. One way or the other it would end that night either in his favor or not. He lunged for the man's throat if he got it, he would snap the man's neck. He'd been spared once...never again.

They were in league with the enemy and Nosdyn was alone.

The mayor sidestepped with surprising speed and brought out a dagger he had kept hidden, and drove it towards Nosdyn’s unarmored gut. He was however seized by the guards and put in chains. The guards held him firmly.

“Your judgement my lord?”

• Love
He'd been prepared to die...

He was willing to throw it all away for the people and the city he loved.

This man...this false mayor had threatened his way of life...the very thing they sought to protect and thrive.

He walked towards the poor woman who had been abused, he picked her up and suddenly hugged her. "You're coming with me. We've got to clean you up." He said calmly. He was not a conqueror...he left that role to the slavers and their ilk. He looked at the women guards. "Clean this city up." Nosdyn said calmly. "I am not a conqueror. Let your laws dictate what happens to him." He said to the female guards calmly.

Anyone else would have rightly acted with the man's death but he had principles and a code he stood for. He took his woman off the ground hugged her tight, holding her close. "I'm taking you back to my castle. You'll be safe there."

Only two of the four guards were women. And the two that were assisted their male counterparts in taking him away to the city’s prisons. The slave, still bound, gagged and blindfolded, couldn’t see him, but knew that he was not her former owner, and through her frightened shaking nodded. She was going to go with him, she didn’t have much choice.

• Love
When they arrived at the castle...Nosdyn unbound her and cleaned her himself.

He explained to Lady Anya and Velera all that had transpired. And why he was not fit to lead.

Even though he'd made a tremendously good decision in assisting the city and getting rid of the corrupt mayor...

He knew he'd grown weak and soft in old age.

That was not the mark of a leader...he decided to focus on one matter at a time, and that was cleaning and getting the woman proper attired. "State your name my friend." He tells her calmly.

When they arrived at the castle...Nosdyn unbound her and cleaned her himself.

She was silent and fearful the entire time he was there, she didn’t dare run, she didn’t dare fight. She simply cowered away while she felt his hands cleaning her. Once she was clothed she clutched her elbows tightly, trying to make herself seem small.

He explained to Lady Anya and Velera all that had transpired. And why he was not fit to lead.

Even though he'd made a tremendously good decision in assisting the city and getting rid of the corrupt mayor...

He knew he'd grown weak and soft in old age.

Anya listened and she and Velera both said simultaneously, “you’re wrong Nosdyn. You are far more fit to lead than anyone else here, it is only those who believe themselves unworthy of ruling who truly are worthy of it. And you have proven time Andy time again that you are fit to lead.”

That was not the mark of a leader...he decided to focus on one matter at a time, and that was cleaning and getting the woman proper attired. "State your name my friend." He tells her calmly.

She was trying to keep away while not looking like she was trying to run, and keeping out of sight while not looking like she was hiding from him, despite that being exactly what she was doing. Then he addressed her and she shrunk even further, “My name?”

• Love
It was then he realized the nature of the slaver's crime. "Ill give you a name...Lady Ellsa. After someone from my past." The kind hearted soul explained to her quietly. "You're with friends here we will treat you well."

He clenched his teeth hating all of it...maybe it was better if he vanished for good.

He listened to Lady Anya's counsel but much was on his mind and heart. He felt as if it had all slipped through his fingers...

He looked at Lady Ellsa calmly. "Nobody will ever hurt you again. I was once like you." Nosdyn said to her that point. "I also started as a slave miner...It's why they fear and hate me. We lead a rebellion in the mines and maybe we never stopped fighting somewhere along the way...I just wanted peace." He told her calmly.

"How many of you are there in that state...?" He was openly crying at that point. He'd failed horribly.

It was then he realized the nature of the slaver's crime. "Ill give you a name...Lady Ellsa. After someone from my past." The kind hearted soul explained to her quietly. "You're with friends here we will treat you well."

She looked down and nodded, her only response was, “yes master.”

He looked at Lady Ellsa calmly. "Nobody will ever hurt you again. I was once like you." Nosdyn said to her that point. "I also started as a slave miner...It's why they fear and hate me. We lead a rebellion in the mines and maybe we never stopped fighting somewhere along the way...I just wanted peace." He told her calmly.

"How many of you are there in that state...?"

She was calming down slightly, hearing that they were enemies of her former captors. But she still felt threatened. “I don’t know. Please, don’t punish me.”

• Love
He sighed...it was then he realized the nature of his failure.

He'd always hold himself accountable more than anybody else. He looked at her. "You are safe here. I promised. You can stay in this chamber. I was once like you." He feared the slave masters too so long ago...when it had all started for them.

Nosdyn took his leave and isolated himself to personal study chamber. The door was locked...he never locked the door.

He'd failed...miserably.

Anya, knowing what he was doing and where he was, shadowstepped into his study. “Nos? I know you blame yourself, but you shouldn’t. Trust me Nosdyn, you have nothing to be sorry for no reason anything you are guilty for. So please, stop blaming yourself and start holding the people who are responsible accountable. And start fixing the problem.”

She knelt down in front of him, “Nosdyn. Master. Please. Heed me.”

• Love
It had been a few nights...he needed to be by himself.

He cried the entire time and he looked up towards Anya. "I tried so hard to be vigilant and spare our people this very fate. I know that he made the decisions himself and we cannot force ourselves on anyone by our code....but it hurts Anya." He told her truthfully. "They've grown in strength right under us and placed agents within the city walls." He knew the severity of what they were dealing with at that point.

"I just needed time to think and to mourn....they are being treated like we were Anya. Only far worse the one I saved is afraid of us..." He was in deep anguish.

Not about the situation but the fact that everything had gotten so downhill.

"I have...I have failed us." He said finally. "We started off in an attempt to liberate our people who were being abused by the empire's power and authority against us. We started off fighting for freedom."

"But now...they are being treated worse than we ever were. What do we do Anya we can't stop a whole Empire by ourselves." He finally said the why of what he was feeling. Their enemy was far too organized and had been seeded in their ways for far too long.

He was not wrong. The woman he saved was afraid of them...that broke his heart and made him see his failure right in front of him, plain as night's moon.

"You tell me Lady Anya, my wife, what do we do now?" When their city had grown so corrupt.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Master. I feel as though we haven’t been hard enough on these criminals. We need to hit them hard. No more long range guiding. I know that you don’t want to be a conqueror, but that’s city is yours and the people know it. If you go in with your army and clear the streets of criminals and start taking direct charge, they’d see you as hero, not conqueror. And you being more directly involved in the government would help to permanently destroy corruption and crime.” She said calmly, “you won’t be a conqueror nor a dictator, you’d be a benevolent lord who takes care of his people.”

• Love
He nodded. He was listening to her words...it was despair he felt.

But she'd always served as his guiding light in the darkness.

"I...I'm sorry to have worried you my love. I just needed time." He said calmly. He wiped the tears from his eyes. "We've already lost so much." He began. "What if we move into the city directly...? Abandon this castle and take the city over ourselves." He said calmly, trying to shine on to her idea. But he felt broken hearted, the woman he'd saved was afraid of them.

"I name her after Lady Ellsa...I think she would have been proud. This new generation of slaves aren't even given names." Nosdyn sighed, but he felt better. He just needed time.

He stood up at that point. "How soon do you think we should take command of the city directly?"

"I...I'm sorry to have worried you my love. I just needed time." He said calmly. He wiped the tears from his eyes. "We've already lost so much." He began. "What if we move into the city directly...? Abandon this castle and take the city over ourselves." He said calmly, trying to shine on to her idea. But he felt broken hearted, the woman he'd saved was afraid of them.

“I’m not saying to abandon the castle. I’m saying take control of your city.” She said. “And I say we move in for the formerly Mayor’s trial, and you have your soldiers take the place of the local guards, and when he’s sentenced, which will be death for his crimes, you hold the sword that cute his head from his shoulders.”

"I name her after Lady Ellsa...I think she would have been proud. This new generation of slaves aren't even given names." Nosdyn sighed, but he felt better. He just needed tim

“Ellsa would have been proud.” She affirmed. “And she’d have loved to meet her.”

• Love
Nosdyn considered what she was saying.

"He threatened to take you away from me you know." He said calmly. He wanted her to know the full nature of their altercation. "The guards who were loyal to us intervened and saved my ass. He was going to kill me, I was prepared to die for all of this." He explained to her. "They know far too much at this point about our inner circle and how we operate. I detect Lady Morgana's hand here someplace."

He was probably being paranoid but there was no way to be certain she hadn't sold them all out.

He nodded. "We are in agreement...it's better to act than not to act in any event." He said calmly and hugged his wife tightly. The very idea of losing her was far more than he could ever bare for himself.

"I was scared Anya..." He told her. "He knew how to evade our techniques this won't be easy."

"He threatened to take you away from me you know." He said calmly. He wanted her to know the full nature of their altercation. "The guards who were loyal to us intervened and saved my ass. He was going to kill me, I was prepared to die for all of this." He explained to her. "They know far too much at this point about our inner circle and how we operate. I detect Lady Morgana's hand here someplace."

Her shoulders lowered, “Nosdyn.” She hugged him. “There is nothing that would take me away from you. Nothing. Those guards aught be rewarded. I need their names, and I’ll see each of them promoted personally. And I agree, Morgana has something to do with this, I doubt this will be the only thing she’s behind.”

I was scared Anya..." He told her. "He knew how to evade our techniques this won't be easy."

“Agreed, but nothing worth doing is easy. And it’s fine to be scared, good even.” She said. “I love you Master, so do Velera, Ilia and the rest of your concubines. You have us.”

• Love