Completed Book Two. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
He looked at her calmly at that point, the momentary discomfort was gone. "What do you want to do tonight?" He asks her plainly, they were immortals and had all the time in the world...

“What we do every night.” Was her answer.

<==========>
The former mayor had been executed, as expected. And the cult was serving it’s purpose, they were useful pawns, and stupid ones. They had no idea that they were being used. But this time, Conrad wasn’t the target, not the immediate one anyway, no, the main target now was Nosdyn and his wife. And the mystery enemy was ready to move forward.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
He could not sleep...

He never sleep...

What was the difference between waking and dreaming? He often wondered.

He stood up after giving up on feeling rested that night. He kisses Anya's forehead gently then gets dress and proceeds to wander around the castle seeing what adventures he could get himself into that night...

• Yay
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
That night he’d hear the new Lady Ellsa sobbing quietly, trying to keep it low, but not low enough to hide it from his vampiric hearing. He’d find her curled up in the far corner of the room, hiding between a dresser and the wall to its side. She was facing the wall and sobbing into her arms.

It had been some time since Nosdyn had seen her, Tia and Ilia having been taking care of her to make her more comfortable. But now she was alone, left alone so that she may sleep, but instead she cried.

• Love
He entered her room and grabbed a chair so he could sit in front of Lady Ellsa.

"My friend." He says to her calmly. He leans forward toward her. "Why does the lady cry, what troubles you?" He asks of her, he needed to know if she could be reached...if he could in fact save her.

He could only imagine the Hell this woman must have been through.

He just wanted to help her if he could, in any way.

He looks calmly at her, his eyes were hidden so it was always difficult to get a read on his emotions...but he was calm and sincerely worried for the woman.

He awaits her response. "I'm sorry for what they've done to you." He tells her.

• Yay
When he came in her sobbing quickly ceased, and she just sat there shaking. Then he asked why she cried, and though she was still quite unsure of him, she knew that he meant her no immediate harm, and not wanting that to change she answered, “m-memories. And nightmares.”

• Love
"Can I help you heal and recover from that?" He asks of her sincerely. They were far more alike than they both realized. Nos had been harmed physically by the slave drivers most of his life...she'd also been harmed and tormented in many different ways. Maybe in some ways not repairable ways. But he would damn well try. He gets up and sits in front of her, no lust is present. He simply wishes to help her...he had to set that one matter correct. And save one more soul...

“I don’t know.” She said, afraid. She really didn’t want to open up to anyone, because her old master had forced his way into her and stole all of her. She didn’t want to open up for fear of that happening again. And she shook as he approached her, but it was clear to her that there was no lust in his eyes. She wouldn’t shrink away from him if he touched her shoulder or head. If he were to go just a bit further, she would throw her arms around him, bury her face in his shoulder and sob freely.

• Love
He understands, having a tremendous sense of empathy.

The blind Vampire takes a chance on it all and suddenly embraces her. It seemed like a logical thing to attempt for the poor broken woman. He holds her extremely close, for hours and lets her let it all out. He holds her surprisingly gently in his strong arms. "Shhh..." He begins. "I'm here for you you can count on that." He tell her. It devastated him that shed been treated in such a horrible way.

After several long moments she calmed down, her breathing slowing down and her tears stopping, his shirt now soaked in tears. She pulled away momentarily to say “thank you”, then she put her head back in his shoulder, and she just stayed there for a while, before too long he’d discover that she had fallen asleep.

• Love
He picks her up and places her in her own bed. There he watches over her not saying a word until she wakes up on her own. He watches her patiently he would stay with her until she begins the long and hard road to recovery. A part of him felt responsible for what was done to her and others like her. They'd done that to hurt them...to hurt him.

He sighed at that point but watched her very very carefully.

He wanted to make sure he could help as many as he could he knew he could not save all of them The Empire was too well organized by that point...but he would damn well try.

• Love
She slept for a long time, as though she hadn’t slept for days. And she woke up a long while later, to see him there watching her. She sat up and said quietly, “how long did I sleep?”

• Love
He watched Lady Ellsa the entire time. "Approximately two blood phials full of length of time. So in other words half of a day." He says to her with a small smile.

"You needed a good sleep." He told her carefully.

"Me and my people are leading a rebellion against the empire." He explained to her, was probably a bit of information overhaul but he had to explain what they were doing. "Its how I was in a position to rescue you from that damn mayor." Nosdyn explained calmly. The Mayor still pissed him off, and he was likely not acting alone...he was too well trained and organized.

"I just want you to know you're safe here." He told her. "I want to save as many as our people from their clutches as I can." He sighed knowing he fought a defeated war.

"The man who hurt you...was killed by my hands." Nosdyn told her. "I thought you should know this."

• Yay
She looked down at her lap, looking conflicted. She looked as though she wanted to say something, but was hesitant to do so. In the end she just said, “thank you. Your kindness is appreciated.”

• Love
He could tell there was something else...but he did not press or pry.

They'd made far too much progress to have it be tossed out the window now.

He looked at her and nodded. "If you need me to stay here for a while yet, I can do so. I have no other pending matters." He said calmly to her. "Im glad I came by and saw to your needs." He tells her quietly.

“No, it’s fine, you can go if you want.” She said. “But you can stay if you want too. It’s your choice.”

When he finally did leave, she’d go to the small balcony her room had and closed the doors behind her. “Master, I.... I don’t think I can do this.”

“You don’t have a choice.”

“Master please, please choose someone else. I can’t spy on someone like him. Please.”

“You will do this slave. Or it’s back to the pits with you.”

She was quickly silenced by that threat, then hugging her arms she whimpered, “yes master.”

• Love
He left with a heavy heart.

He knew she'd been likely broken by her situation and might never fully heal.

He went to go elsewhere...he felt like there was something he should do but decided against that, instead he goes to where he always went to when he felt down about something he could not control. He went to his library where the lovely librarians awaited him.

He looked for Lady Tia, she always livened up his night. She'd immediately be able to tell that something concerned him though...

Tia saw Nosdyn come in and immediately loosened the front of her top for removal, which is what usually happened when he came to visit. She came down from the second floor of the library via a wooden spiral staircase, and there she saw his expression, and knew he wasn’t there for entertainment.

She approached him with worry. “Master? What’s wrong?”

• Love
"I need your counsel Lady Tia." He sits down in front of her. "There will be time for other matters...later." He promised. He didn't know where he should begin. "That Mayor was not acting alone." He began.

"I can't quite put my finger on it, but things have been off...I'm not sure if it's me being paranoid or not." He said calmly to her. "The new one, Lady Ellsa concerns me. I want to help her but I feel that she can't fully be trusted...she's holding something back." He tells Lady Tia. "You've all been doing well to keep an eye out on things for me."

"I need your counsel Lady Tia." He sits down in front of her. "There will be time for other matters...later." He promised. He didn't know where he should begin.

“OF course Master,” She said pulling him over to one of the many reading tables and sitting down with him. She smiled when he mentioned other matters. “Delayed gratification always feels better in the end.”

"That Mayor was not acting alone." He began.

"I can't quite put my finger on it, but things have been off...I'm not sure if it's me being paranoid or not." He said calmly to her. "The new one, Lady Ellsa concerns me. I want to help her but I feel that she can't fully be trusted...she's holding something back." He tells Lady Tia. "You've all been doing well to keep an eye out on things for me."

“She has been rather distant, and her recovery levels, while insistent fluctuate a little too quickly now that you mention it. And it does indeed seem like she’s hiding something, but at the same time I think it’s more that she’s afraid of sharing and less intended deception. Perhaps if we can get her to open up a bit more we can get her to trust us with what she’s holding back. But it may not be something she wants to talk about, it may not be malicious at all but rather something she’d just rather not say. She has been through a lot after all.”

• Love
He nods considering her wise words. It was why he preferred women in charged of matters...

He looks at her for a long moment. "You know...I can't help but think that somewhere down the line I mis stepped or over looked something." He tells her. "But it's probably just again, me being over cautious about matters. I can't help but feel a storm is coming and I love you all too much place you in any further harm. If worse ever comes to pass, you know the contingency plan is in place." He tells her. "We get Conrad to a safe location and I am willing to sacrifice myself to buy you all your escape route."

He hated having to think like that, but there were too many enemies now moving against them all. There were forces that wanted to do Nosdyn and his people, his wife, great harm.

He was worrying about what their enemies were ultimately plotting and scheming. "I miss it you know...the miner's life. Working long hours, working with my hands. I miss that." He was crying by that point. "I wish things could be simpler."

He nods considering her wise words. It was why he preferred women in charged of matters...

He looks at her for a long moment. "You know...I can't help but think that somewhere down the line I mis stepped or over looked something." He tells her. "But it's probably just again, me being over cautious about matters. I can't help but feel a storm is coming and I love you all too much place you in any further harm. If worse ever comes to pass, you know the contingency plan is in place." He tells her. "We get Conrad to a safe location and I am willing to sacrifice myself to buy you all your escape route."

She looked down at her hands when the contingency plan was mentioned, she didn’t like it much. “I hope it doesn’t come to that Master. And if I remember correctly, I believe Conrad is leaving us before too long. But in any case, it’s far better to be too cautious than not cautious enough.”

He was worrying about what their enemies were ultimately plotting and scheming. "I miss it you know...the miner's life. Working long hours, working with my hands. I miss that." He was crying by that point. "I wish things could be simpler.

She touched his hand. “I know you do Master, and someday you’ll be able to go back to that. And We’ll be there with you Master, keeping your home clean, and your meals ready. Until then, just try to be happy with what you have now.”

• Love
Again there was that discomfort there when talking of Conrad...the son he had to watch from a distance.

He hoped the boy could understand his why...why he was watched from a distance, it was to protect him from getting harmed.

Nosdyn had learned from that failure with Lady Morgana, he knew there were many people who lacked honour.

And saw things differently than him and his people did.

He looked at his own hands for a few moments. "When things have a semblance of normality to them..." He grins... "I'd very much like to take a few nights and take over a mines or two." He grinned fully by that point.

He nods towards the Lady Tia. "I am trying to just be grateful. We started from nothing and ended up here. It's not a bad trade off at all." He tells her. "Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if things turned out differently back in the mines than they had, back with the first rebellion." He says calmly. "I know we can't change anything but sometimes I wonder." He ran his hand through her long hair at that point.

He looked at his own hands for a few moments. "When things have a semblance of normality to them..." He grins... "I'd very much like to take a few nights and take over a mines or two." He grinned fully by that point.

“As in you’d like to take the mines by force and run them?” She asked. “It’s quite the idea.”

He nods towards the Lady Tia. "I am trying to just be grateful. We started from nothing and ended up here. It's not a bad trade off at all." He tells her. "Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if things turned out differently back in the mines than they had, back with the first rebellion." He says calmly. "I know we can't change anything but sometimes I wonder." He ran his hand through her long hair at that point.

She closed her eyes and hummed happily as his hand stroked her hair. “You wouldn’t have me for one. And that would definitely be less than ideal.”

• Love
He nods, suddenly appearing quite jovial he was a big Blue Orc after all. The idea of taking over a mines or two was quite a welcome one.

He looks at Lady Tia. "Thank you. I can't stress this enough you ladies are the reason I retain some level of sanity..." He chuckles at that. "But yeah taking over a few mines might be a good boon for our own resources production. Also...I have a few contacts."

He nods, suddenly appearing quite jovial he was a big Blue Orc after all. The idea of taking over a mines or two was quite a welcome one.

He looks at Lady Tia. "Thank you. I can't stress this enough you ladies are the reason I retain some level of sanity..." He chuckles at that. "But yeah taking over a few mines might be a good boon for our own resources production. Also...I have a few contacts."

“Then it is a good goal to pursue.” She said stroking his hand. “Feeling better?”

• Love