Completed Book One. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
“You don’t understand Master. There already is one. It’s not far from the grounds but it’s not close either. The real problem is finding it and getting it to do its work. It’s supposed to amplify a vampires power. The more stones there are, the more you power is amplified. But the problem is that each stone needs a human sacrifice to work, a full human’s worth of blood for each stone. The criminals should serve that purpose if you’re willing. But I did want to make sure you knew before we did anything.”

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. It is away from the castle grounds. What if Grendric styles while in communion with this artifact? He thought carefully about what was being said. "It is a variable but we need an edge here." He looked at Kria, Ilia and Velera carefully. And nodded.

"It is a chance we have to take." Nosdyn said calmly, his mind was working, his powerful tactician's mind. Grendric was not as strong as he thought he was...they just needed an edge.

We've already lost so much... Nosdyn suddenly thought to himself. Velera would be able to hear his thought through their connection.

He sighed. He was just a little tired.

He listened to Kria, trusting the woman's judgment. They had not known each other that long, but he trusted Ilia and Kria with his life.

He looked at the three of them at this point. "We will see this relic out." He commanded. "Velera you stay behind and watch Anya and my son. You know the decree. Make sure no harm comes to them ever."

He looked at the two young sirelings. "Come with me, we have to gather some prisoners."

"We will see this relic out." He commanded. "Velera you stay behind and watch Anya and my son. You know the decree. Make sure no harm comes to them ever."

Velera nodded meekly. “Mistress Anya will probably leash me like a dog in your absence. I doubt she needs protecting. But I’ll be there.”

"Come with me, we have to gather some prisoners."

“But Master we don’t know where it is. And we need to wait for the harvest moon before it can be preformed.”

• Love
"I know someone who knows where it would be." He tapped the side of his forehead gently.

I am going to need your help my Master. He mentally whispered to Skotadi.

What benefits you also benefits me. Skotadi said in an almost kind way. We have a mutual enemy so we must conquer that false Lord together.

Nosdyn tapped his forehead in pain. That time it was not pain...it was agony.

That was the first time he had felt such a migraine headache when speaking to Skotadi.

"He agrees to help us find this relic." Nosdyn suddenly told the three of them.

The three of them nodded. Velera returned to Nosdyn’s chambers where Anya was with Conrad. She was correct in thinking that she was going to be restrained. The other two followed him closely and would mark the grove’s location on a map.

(Got to go for a while. I’ll be back later.)

• Love
At that point, Nosdyn tapped the map for a moment. "leave that behind I have a better way to find the grove." He said calmly. He moved with Ilia and Kria towards the prison chamber, there were many criminals from the land held and used as feeding tools mainly. Nosdyn felt sorry for them really.

But they needed three volunteers according to what Skotadi told him. Skotadi would guide their way.

Once the proper relics and criminals were gathered. He had them all place their hands on his powerful flesh.

He shadow stepped with the whole group, but he allowed Skotadi to do his thing.

There we’re a total of five stones in this grove of stones, more could be added with the proper magic and work. They needed five criminals for the sacrifices if they were to use it a time it’s full capacity. The collared women and five other vampires who handled the prisoners all shadowstepped to the grove of stones, where a ring of five, tall stones with intricate knotwork carvings were inlaid, and chains hung from their tops.

• Love
Suddenly...

"I...Ive seen this before." Nosdyn said. The stones, had a glow about them his eyes could see. Skotadi I have seen this before...what does this mean? He asked his master.

Skotadi replied. You are ready to defeat the false Lord. You complete the rite with your concubines and you will have the answers you seek. I promise you my child.

When Skotadi spoke, the headache was always present.

Once it subsided he looked at his companions. Even the criminals. "I know how this works." He trusted his instincts. "We may yet win the day." He looked at the criminals for a moment. "If you lot trust me, we might not have to kill you entirely." Nosdyn explained. "Some of your blood is required to fuel the engine." Nosdyn explained. "If you assist me willingly here I will pardon your crimes in my lands myself. You will join my ranks. There was one woman who was very pretty and two men. They soon agreed to assist. Under lord Grendric's rule they had all been treated like garbage.

(Was hoping you would just roll with it but it's okay I'll post the sequence in a moment.)

The stones were glowing with power immediately upon Skotadi and Vampire Lord Nosdyn's presence. They hummed to life. Nosdyn looked at Ilia and Kria. "You have the tools we have prepared?" He removed his shirt portion of his ceremonial attire.

The women present would immediately find him attractive.

He looked at the chosen. "I won't address you as criminals anymore because you volunteered for this." Nosdyn explained. "Should you three survive the rite I will welcome you all in my ranks personally you will become my sirelings. But only if you survive." Nosdyn explained there was a chance of failure.

"Ilia and Kria as the ritual requests stand next to me, exact opposite in the middle of the ritual location." He commanded in a very serious tone of voice. He then looked at the chosen criminals. The stones in the grove were already glowing with tremendous power. Forbidden power. Nosdyn would use every tactical advantage to defeat their enemy.

The stones glowed with power blood from all of the participants was needed to power the engine.

About half way during the rite, something very interesting happened.

For a brief moment because of the power of the grove...Skotadi himself was able to manifest before the group that was gathered.

Skotadi assisted the gathered in a surprising display of trust and compliance.

Something inside of Nosdyn's DNA was sparked. Something ancient...something primal...but would it be enough to defeat Lord Grendric?

When they all awoke, Skotadi was back within Nosdyn's blood. He turned each of the three criminals turned allies. He turned the woman first.

"You are all pardoned." Nosdyn was not sure what the grove had done...but he hoped it would be enough.

The two men were assigned to be the spymaster and lawmaster, one being head of intelligence and the other handling matters of law. The woman, as usual, was collared and made into one of his many concubines. She was of course happy to be there after Nosdyn gave her the usual treatment.

• Love
"I'm glad I was able to turn you." Nosdyn explained to Xella. "Your sister was very important to me." He said calmly. "I am also glad i was allowed to pay my respects given how things are now...me being a Vampire." He was sitting on the bed with her.

"I want you to know I loved Ellsa deeply. Maybe more so after I turned." He explained. "It pained me so much to see her suffering in the end. To know I had been away so long."

“She forgave you Nos.” She said calmly. “She had always forgiven you. She even moved on, found someone else after you released her.”

She snuggled into him. “She was in a very similar position to this with her lover actually, a fellow woman it was. Each of them took turns holding the whip, I actually stumbled upon their shenanigans a while back. You planning on doing the same to me? I hope so. Anya told me some rather enticing stories.”

• Love
He chuckled momentarily. "There's a reason I have women in positions of power. And it's not just that. You are a brilliant woman. So was Lady Ellsa. She taught me and many others how to read and write." Nosdyn explained to her. "I want you to know I saved her that night of the mines. The night everything changed for me. I was ready to give my life for the miners." He explained to her. It seemed like so long ago by that point the night at the mines the night the slavers rejected his offer....the night it all changed for them all.

"Xella I made sure women were in power in the city. I love you." He said to her. Vampire emotions were different, and he sighed happily at the woman's presence. He looked at her heat signature the entire time seeing her emotions changin.

Vampire emotions were far more honest than Mortals.

Than Humans.

He knew she meant it. "Thank you for all you've done." He told Xella. "We are going to get along nicely." He said with a grin and proceeded to kiss her deeply.

The woman who'd been forgiven for her crimes felt compelled to walk up to Nosdyn who studied alone in the master library that night. She wandered up towards Nosdyn and she looked good she agreed to an iron collar.

Nosdyn look up from the book he was reading and looked towards the woman. "Is something on your mind?" He asked of her. They were all preparing for their eventual second battle against Grendric. He watched the woman calmly. "You haven't told me your name my child." Nosdyn said quietly and with an audible tone of respect.

• Yay
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
“It’s Tia. My name is Tia, Master Nosdyn.” She said, her hands crossed in front of her. She, as all his women had, was collared, as instructed by Anya. “I just came to thank you. I don’t know if you were aware of the circumstances of my life of crime, but you pulled me out of it, and now you’ve give me a new life, and I just wanted to thank you personally. Also, the two others that were turned with me wanted me to thank you on their behalf for the same reason. They are conducting business, and helping to organize some of your duties for you and are a little busy at the moment, so they couldn’t come themselves. They told me to say that if you don’t approve of this they will cease to do so. That’s what I came for. Should I tell them anything in response? Or do you have other uses for me?”

• Love
Nosdyn smiled at the fiercely inquisitive woman. "Tia." He said her name out loud. "I know you can understand how I do things and how I operate. The nature of you and your friend's crimes were very serious. But you volunteered for the rite in question that day. I took it upon myself to completely pardon you and your friends because of that. That's approval always. You have my approval if you need to hear me say it. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you Tia, the way of life." Nosdyn said calmly he ran his hand through her hair gently.

Hair, he'd always liked hair of all sorts. The gesture he did with women towards that comforted him, and he was sure that most women would not understand the gesture, and why it mattered. It was one of the teachings of his people. Anya had been right. Several Blue Orcs had indeed been turned and conscripted by Grendric so his people were not all lost. He spoke to them periodically.

Now, in regard to Tia he could not help himself. He was so proud of the single unselfish deed her and her companions did that day. He kissed her deeply.

• Yay
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
The petting of her head was unexpected, but not unwelcome. She listened to him closely, understanding his words. She understood that he approved of her companions’ help. And she nodded her understanding, and stayed until she was dismissed. She wasn’t dismissed.

No, she was restrained and taken like every woman before her to don one of Anya’s collars. It was pleasant.

• Love
They kissed long and warm. They shared that night right in the library.

When the next night had come. Nosdyn had his arm wrapped around her waist calmly. He never slept. It still surprised some of his concubines that he never slept. He simply watched Tia sleep on the ground, He'd made a make shift bed for them with his clothing. It was comfortable. "You sleep deeply." He told her calmly.

“And you carry a lot of rope around.” She said without a sheepish smile. “Do you keep it on hand for emergency pets you find lying around?”

• Love
he held her close. He was a warm and caring individual.

He chuckled at her question. "Something like that." He explained to her. "Anya probably explained to you that I have appetites. But it is all right. I wanted to give you something nice that youll always remember and can always depend on." He told her.

"You don't have to feel desperate or alone anymore." He had studied her background from when she was a criminal in his jails. He always liked her and saw a potential there. A potential for redemption.

She was definitely comfortable there, even or perhaps especially since she had her am she bound behind her. “Thank you, Master Nosdyn. I appreciate your kindness. But next time we’d do this. Feel free to be rough as you want.”

She had been among bandits with similar tastes, and she had been with a number of them. She was no stranger to this kind of arrangement.

• Love