Completed Book One. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
At that point, a Vassal stepped in.

"My Lord Nosdyn a parcel has arrived for you." He handed Nosdyn the parcel and held it for a moment, before unwrapping it.

His expression suddenly became very grim. "Oh no..." Nosdyn said softly. He'd received the worst possible news he ever could have received.

In their constant fighting, he'd kept in touch with the fortress that was formerly theirs.

Primarily he would always check on The Lady Ellsa.

But time passed, he grew older...Ellsa and his former soldiers were also aged by that point. But that particular letter made his stomach sink.

"Lady Ellsa is dying...I am being summoned by the other fort to go pay my respects." He looked at Velera calmly for a moment. "This is something I must do but I will inform Anya myself." Nosdyn himself had placed their former fortress under a complete no approach law. But for him to be summoned directly, he knew the matter was serious. Nosdyn cried before Velera. "I have to go at once. See to my son and Lady Anya this is a personal matter." Nosdyn explained.

Velera looked at him with sympathy. She nodded, “I’ll take care of them, I promise you that they will be safe. Go to her, she needs you.”

Velera went to Anya’s and Nosdyn’s room, and sat down off to the side. Anya stared at her, “where’s Nosdyn?”

“He told me that he would tell you when he got back.”

He used the shadow movement that night to approach the fort when he could.

He stepped out towards the front of the fortress, it had come such a long way by that point was a well sized city. He saw guards patrolling, they'd not seen Nosdyn in a long time by that time. He nodded towards the guard. Him and Velera had prepared. He'd had plenty of blood phials to drink from. He could hear the words and whispers of the night guard.

"It's him...the Vampire Lord..." Some of the guards were talking with themselves.

Nosdyn wore ceremonial garb for that situation. He walked over towards a soldier. "Show me where the Lady Ellsa is." He asked in a very respectful way. "I have been summoned."

"My Lord, you're not going to like the news she is dying." The Soldier told Nosdyn.

"I stood away because of matters. But I am here to pay my respects." Nosdyn explained.

He was guided to the hospital that held his former love. Pangs of pain in his heart, he recalled the night he saved Lady Ellsa at the beginning of their rebellion. He saw nearby that they'd constructed a statue in his image to honor him. He knew they all had gone different paths.

He arrived at the clinic where Ellsa was dying..

As soon as he arrived some of the workers he remembered, others were new additions. There were medics and soldiers alike. Nosdyn saluted to his kin...he considered them all family.

"Show me where is Ellsa." Nosdyn said calmly.

He was taken to her room. He immediately felt a pang of sorrow and pain from the life that was left behind...she'd grown old. She was sick and dying.

"Leave us." Nosdyn commanded to the medic team. They were left alone and he sat down next to her bed. "Gods..." Nosdyn cursed. "I'm so sorry this has happened." The blind Vampire Lord said calmly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellsa looked up at him. “It’s good to see you again Nos. How long has it been? A year? Two?”

She coughed, badly. She had been this way for weeks then. “I can’t remember the last time I saw you.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
"Please forgive me...I knew the fighting would never stop. I could not place you in harm's way." He knew the truth, it had been at least twenty years. But he went with what she said. "Less than a year." He lied in a good humored sort of way. He took a damp warm towel and placed it softly on her head. Nosdyn was crying by that point. "I could not ever give you a child..." Nosdyn knew that was one of his biggest regrets he kept inside. He had to send her away so she could live her own life and he could not give her a child.

"Do you remember that first night at the mines still...the night I saved you?" He was crying freely for his friend by that point. "I am so sorry I stayed away things got so crazy."

“Don’t apologize Nos, you’re here now. And I heard that you have a little baby boy now, congratulations my friend, I’m glad you could do it with someone. Do me a favor Nos, name me the boy’s godmother, at least so that I might have some connection to your family.” She said, then coughed again. “Don’t cry Nos.”

He couldn't help himself. He tried to be strong but she represented his one failure...

Then as they talked his mind cleared for a moment.

You can turn her... The Darkness called to him from within.

He listened to what was being said then he looked at his friend and former companion. "I will do as you ask, you will be Conrad's godmother this I swear to you. I won't fail you again." He held the pain in his heart from not being able to keep her close...she would have been killed by any of their enemies.

And again a moment later. You can turn her...

But at that point his friend, the Lady Ellsa passed. He closed her eyes with his large hand.

Don't show weakness there are those who would stab you in the back for showing weakness. The Darkness said.

I'm not like you. He challenged the Darkness back.

A moment later he stepped out of the room to the waiting medics. Tears were freely flowing down his face. "It is done. She has passed. I wish to be there for her funeral." He told a female medic.

He walked alone at that point and took one of the phials from his pouches, he drank it and satiated the thirst within. He felt agony in his heart from the loss of his friend. The funeral would be a few nights later. He noticed one of the city folks looking at him, a woman. She walked over towards him.

"May I have a word with you my Lord?" She asked politely of him.

The question raised his eyebrow for a moment.

He looked at the lively young woman for a moment. She was delicious looking. But there were rules in place, a code he followed. He looked at the young woman. "Are you certain this is what you want? There is no going back to how you are now." Nosdyn explained, if she was certain he would be willing to turn her.

He was a good man at heart, and he had a code he would always follow. He wanted people to respect him. He looked at the girl. "Take me to your home and we'll do it there." He said. "But only if you're sure."

“I’m sure. I don’t have a homer though. Why don’t you take me to your castle for the transition? It’s safer and let’s you do it far more privately.”

"You have no home." Nosdyn's heart sank.

"Do you know me and the Lady Anya were slaves also at one point?" He asked of her. Gods I been away so long...I can't allow this to ever occur again. The Vampire Lord was serious for a moment, but the expression on his face passed quickly. He looked at her. "I been away too long my lady,. forgive me for that. But i will agree to turn you. I understand what you are going through. I was there I also started with nothing." He offered her his hand to take. His large, meaty hand.

"What is your name young one?" He asked of her.

A thought occurred to him.

"Did you know the lady Ellsa?" He asked of her. It was a small city but possible that she was related to Ellsa somehow, and thusly connected to him directly She would be his responsibility from then on.

He pulled her closely to him in an embrace. "The funeral is in a few nights. I have requested to be there but there is time for me to turn you. The ritual takes a little time and I must train you correctly." He suspected Ilia was related to Ellsa somehow...fate had brought them together. He would always believe in fate and destiny.

"I am going to use a technique to step through the shadows with you and transport us back to my castle." Nosdyn explained. "It will feel weird, but I won't let go of you the entire time. I promise you." He made them, the poor of their city his responsibility. He performed and stepped through the shadows with her, holding her close to his heart the entire time. Lady Ellsa...I promise I won't ever fail again. He thought to himself as he shadow stepped with his companion back to the castle.

• Yay
Reactions: Velera
"Did you know the lady Ellsa?" He asked of her. It was a small city but possible that she was related to Ellsa somehow, and thusly connected to him directly She would be his responsibility from then on.

“Not really. I knew of her. I know she was your lover a long time ago, and that she lead us when you left. But other than that, no.” She said.

He pulled her closely to him in an embrace. "The funeral is in a few nights. I have requested to be there but there is time for me to turn you. The ritual takes a little time and I must train you correctly." He suspected Ilia was related to Ellsa somehow...fate had brought them together. He would always believe in fate and destiny.

"I am going to use a technique to step through the shadows with you and transport us back to my castle." Nosdyn explained. "It will feel weird, but I won't let go of you the entire time. I promise you." He made them, the poor of their city his responsibility. He performed and stepped through the shadows with her, holding her close to his heart the entire time. Lady Ellsa...I promise I won't ever fail again. He thought to himself as he shadow stepped with his companion back to the castle.

She was held close to him, his huge form dwarfing her own. “I’m ready.”

She wasn’t ready. When they arrived she was off balance and took a moment to regain it, and was dizzy, almost nauseous. “Nevermind. I wasn’t ready.”

• Love
He chuckled in a light hearted way. But he held her close, he knew the effects of the shadow movement affected some mortals differently. He held her strong to his person that entire time until the effects subsided. "We are going to do it in my master bedroom." He said calmly to her. "From then no you will be welcome as a member of my castle." He was laying down the rules to her. "I have to explain many matters to you these we will do over time. I don't want you to feel overwhelmed at all." He knew what it was like to be so desperate from having nothing, having no purpose at all. I am going to make my presence known in that city now. I should not have stayed away so long.. He thought to himself.

A short while later. "Traditionally the ritual is performed with witnesses. But since I have grown to like you, and the people who normally would observe. Are not present in the castle right now. Meaning my wife and my instructor." He was a Blue Orc Vampire.

He held her close to him. The entire time. "I want you to feel comfortable. I am not taking I am giving.' He explained it to her, how he did things...how he operated. "When I bite you you will see things...things from my thoughts. Other places, friends and family long gone. But do not let this overwhelm you. The transformation is an on going process." He held her close and suddenly bit her...his only second sireling his wife being the fitting first one.

She listened closely, making sure to absorb all he had to say. Then he explained he had two others. Then she was bitten, other than the pain she expected it felt quite good, almost euphoric.

He took an athame, a small ritual dagger and slit his forearm for her to bite. This woman who had noting was giving herself to him and their cause...

So he was going to make the process for her as smooth as possilbe.

"Drink." He commanded in a gentle sort of way. And helped her drink of his blood. He was used to having been fed on from his two women. He didn't mind by that time in his life he could understand the euphoria she felt.

"I am giving you your purpose." He said gently to her, there was a kind way he was saying that to her. And he held her close as she drank his blood.

She drank his own blood gingerly, accepting what he offered, no, what he commanded she take. His command was swiftly obeyed. And a third vampire was added to his inner circle, a fitting servant for him and his women. She blacked out soon after, not for longer than a half hour, long enough for the other two to return and see the new addition, to which Anya cocked an eyebrow. “I see you have a new friend. Just how many pets do you need?”

• Love
He smiled at Anya as she arrived. "There's a problem back in our old home." He explained to her the situation. "They placed a false hierarchy. There are groups of people who are suffering and in extreme poverty. I didn't intend for this to happen." He sighed at that point. "We have to do something but it won't be right away." Nosdyn said and motioned for her to join them in his bed.

"The funeral is two nights from now. Lady Ellsa is gone." She knew Nosdyn, she would be able to see the tremendous pain in his heart from the loss of his friend. Vampires, the emotions were much more augmented, much more severe. He viewed it as a personal failure that he'd not been there for Lady Ellsa. He'd not been there for them all...his people.

"They placed a false hierarchy.

Anya was visibly enraged by this. Currently breast feeding Conrad, blood not milk, she could only do so with her face. “For what purpose?!”

"The funeral is two nights from now. Lady Ellsa is gone."

Her face softened into a sorrowful expression, “I’m sorry Nos. We’ll accompany you to the funeral, at least I will.”

• Love
He nodded towards her as their new friend, his child from the slums slept. On their bed.

He patted Conrad's head gently rubbing it as the little one fed. Nosdyn was an excellent Father despite everything.

He was having a hard time processing the fact the the city had gotten so corrupt by that point. He knew he would have to do something to change things...but what? He didn't know.

A solution beneficial to his people would present itself at some point.

He sat next to Anya as she fed their child...a Pure Blood Vampire.

It somehow was fitting that they had come full circle in that way. He found it all so very interesting to think about. He noticed his friend Ilia was stirring. No...not a friend...his child. His sireling. He rubbed Ilia's hair as she awoke very gently. He looked at Anya. "Her name is Ilia. There will be a time when we have to save our people from the growing corruption there. I didn't intend for that to happen." He sighed. I didn't intend to stay away so long...

(I had assumed she’d be another one of his bedmates.)

Ilia was a peaceful sleeper, despite the changes she was undergoing. And despite her slightly dirty appearance she was quite attractive, with long black hair not unlike Anya’s. She was well built but slender.

Anya watched Conrad as he suckled.

“I look forward to speaking with her, and moreso to save our old friends.”

(In due time.)

He nodded towards them both and rubbed his hand gently towards Ilia's hair as a show of comfort. "Are you thirsty?" He asked of Ilia. He would take great care in raising his sireling correctly. His Fatherly instincts kicking in as always.

He needed to know something. "How many are in your slums?" He asked Ilia, he had to know how many were poor and suffering. He had to do something about that. From Ilia's thoughts and his connection he had to her, he knew there was a very serious situation there in the place they had once called home. i will have to talk to their leadership and set them back on a correct path. He telepathically told Anya.

• Yay
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger