Completed Book One. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
He looked at his friends, the noble folks of the city.

"Lord Nosdyn, we are doing everything you've decreed of us my lord. Please show us what we can do end poverty." The woman who was the leader of the noble body said calmly.

Nosdyn rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "There is a way." He suddenly said. He eyed the woman before him. "Bu we need to combine our forces together and our resources from my castle and your city." Nosdyn said. "The people who truly have nothing...they are welcome to live with me and my wife at our castle." He said calmly. "I can grant them all a safe haven and a purpose. Nobody should suffer in poverty." Nosdyn said calmly.

He was trying to assist them with how they ruled.

The authorities agreed to his statements and propositions. They had basically accepted him as their liege lord a long time ago, meaning they were a vassal state. So they accepted his propositions and they reached a consensus on how to handle this situation.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
They'd concluded the meeting. He looked at Anya calmly. "There is a matter I have to take care of before we return to our castle." He said to her and Conrad. "I won't be long I promise. Stay in Lady Ellsa's house." Nosdyn explained.

He made his way towards the slums unafraid.

They need a light to show them the way. Skotadi suddenly said.

He saw how many there were living in run down houses, impoverished...but the noble folks were trying.

It was difficult to completely be rid of poverty. He wanted women to be leadership body of that city from the very beginning.

He walked up towards a poor girl, about Ilia's age. "You." He told her calmly. "Gather your people I have a proposition for you all." He said to the woman calmly.

He looked at them all, the city's impoverished and poor.

Am I doing the right thing...? Nosdyn asked himself. Is this morally correct? He had no answers, he only knew that they could not be allowed to remain poor. He walked over towards their leader, the woman he'd spoken to first and ran his hand gently through her blond hair. "I trust you all." He said to them quietly.

"I was like you all once." Nosdyn explained. "If you all want a purpose, come live with me in my castle. You'd be safe and protected and some of you might join my ranks." Nosdyn explained to them. He waited to see what their leader, the blond, would say to them. "Whats your name?" He asked of her.

The ones who stayed...Nosdyn would respect their decision.

He was not a conqueror, he wants to be viewed as a Hero always.

He took Kria's hand at that point. "All of you place your hands on me, we're going to go get my wife, the Lady Anya as well. Then we are going back home." Nosdyn explained calmly. He had a purpose. The ones who stayed would continue to be helped, by Nosdyn and the leadership body of the city. The ones who agreed to come with Nosdyn would join the ranks of his Castle.

He shadow stepped the large group towards Anya's location in Ellsa's house. He looked at his wife and their son. "They are coming home with us." Nosdyn explained to Anya, sounding fiercely determined.

The ones who agreed to come with Nosdyn and Anya were promptly given adquate housing in Vampire Lord Nosdyn's castle.

That night...He was wandering around the castle by himself and he noticed the blond, Kria by herself. He frowned at this and walked over towards her, stepping out of the shadows.

"You're by yourself?" Nosdyn asked.

"I want you to speak to an old friend of yours." Nosdyn said casually. He took Kria's hand gently in his own hand. "Walk with me." He said calmly and when she agreed, he would take h er to the library where Lady Illia awaited.

"I want you to speak to an old friend of yours." Nosdyn said casually. He took Kria's hand gently in his own hand. "Walk with me." He said calmly and when she agreed, he would take h er to the library where Lady Illia awaited.

Ilia was much different than she had been a long while ago. Not only did she wear a steel collar and black clothes that barely concealed anything, she seemed taller and healthier. Ilia saw Kria she beamed. “Kria!”

The blonde found herself trapped in a hug. “Ilia?”

“It’s been a while, how are you?”

“Good. What are you doing here?”

“I’m one of Master Nosdyn’s women, something you may well become. You’ll wear a collar like us if that’s going’s to happen.” She said gesturing to her own. “Don’t worry about it though, you decide when it happens.”

• Love
He saw the two women reunited. He had intended for women to rule the city that him and Anya had built. He knew, maybe from being a Blue Orc, women made better leaders.

That was why in his inner circle there were mainly women. He would trust them with every decision he had to make that affected their growing community. He watched them interacting. Nosdyn had an idea. He walked over towards Kria and Ilia. "Teach her how to read." Nosdyn suddenly said. Lady Ellsa would have wanted them all educated...

Nosdyn was a good man at heart, and even in his union with Skotadi...he had retained those qalities.

"i will help you every step of the way. Lady Ellsa taught me the symbols too. She taught me how to read and write." Nosdyn explained to them both. It was a good chance to get his head cleared.

He watched the proceedings very carefully.

Ilia was a natural leader.

She instructed Kria in a very patient sort of way, showing her the words and symbols.

Nosdyn watched the entire proceedings. But once they were well into the nights, Nosdyn knew he had to return to his woman, his wife. "Keep instructing her." He told Ilia. "I will return here tomorrow night and we will go over what has been taught. I must return to my wife and son." He told them both, then shadow stepped.

He manifested in his bedroom. He walked over toward Anya and sat down. On their bed. "They are fitting in well." He explained to Anya. "Ilia teaches them how to read and write." He folded his hands beneath his chin for a moment looking at his wife and son. "Maybe I"m fighting a lost cause, trying to solve the human poverty." He knew many races lived in their city.

He sighed...he felt a little tired.

• Yay
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
“Poverty itself cannot be defeated. You can only lessen its effect.” She said to him, setting Conrad in his cradle. “Don’t think about it too hard. I know something that will take your mind off of it.”

She pulled a short leather buckle strap out and tightened it around her neck. She crawled across the bed and kissed him. “Let’s distract you for a little while.”

• Love
He obliged.

When she moved towards him, he held her leash in his hand firmly and kissed her deeply. His desire and passion for his wife had never once faded.

"Maybe not a while...but for a few nights. Let's just be with each other. We both earned it." Nosdyn said and kissed her happilly.

He nodded towards Velera. "Good." He told Velera. "Some good news since our battle with Grendric." He refused to call the coward who ran a lord. No lord runs...

He looked at Anya at that point. "I will return." He kissed her passionately and went with Velera to the master library. A part of him was eager to see what Kria had discovered....

They were eager students of knowledge, the entire group of them he'd brought back.

He would make sure that the ones who stayed behind would be taken care of well...they were trying. His people were trying really hard not to be like The Empire and rule with an iron fist. Nosdyn did not want that at all. A short while later, he'd chosen to walk towards the library with Velera. Before he entered the library he turned to look at Velera. "Something needs to be said." Nosdyn said to her before all other matters were would be taken care, if he could not let the dilemma between Velera and himself sit. "I need a word with you first. I want you to hear me out."

She had suspected that something like this would happen. She didn’t think he was going to punish her, but with Skotadi in there it wouldn’t surprise her as much as it would have a few months prior. She dropped to her knees and kept her head down with her eyes squeezed shut, “Please don’t be angry with me Master.”

• Love
As a show of comfort to his instructor, he ran his hand gently through her lovely red hair.

He nodded. "I am not angry but me and you have to return to the same page." He said calmly. "You once spoke to me about choice." He told Velera. "You should understand I have no choice about Skotadi. I have been trying to prove to you that it's at least a situation I have some control over, it is symbiotic." He said calmly.

"I want you to trust me again completely. For us all to work as a team you have to put your feelings however personal, of Skotadi aside. I am trying to learn to control it much better." He explained carefully.

Watch her reaction carefully. Skotadi whispered in the back of his mind.

The tell tale sign that he was in communion with Skotadi made Nosdyn tap the side of his head again it was a brief amount of pain. "Can you put your feelings of Skotadi aside for me? I need all of my soldiers working at their best judgment capacity always." Nosdyn explained.

"Thank you Velera. That means a lot to me. Let's go see what Kria has found." He kissed her forehead very gently as a showing of trust.

He held her hand at that point and they went together to see Kria's finding.

Kria was basically shaking with excitement, Ilia shaking her head amusedly. Kria said to them, “Master Nosdyn, Mistress Velera, come in, I have something most intriguing to show you.”

She brought them to a table with a number of books opened to very specific pages, each referencing a ‘grove of stones’, and each explaining that it has historical significance and magical significance. He would notice that Kria was wearing a leather collar, not the steel ones given to the vampires in his inner circle, but definitely there to prepare her for one.

• Love
But Nosdyn would not force Lady Kria to wear an iron one...it would have to be her individual choice. Nosdyn was not a dictator...he did not rule with an iron fist. There was a reason he trusted women's judgment in power always. It was an almost amazonian style society.

His mind cleared. The child speaks the truth. We engineer a Grove of Stones here on the castle grounds. We have already done a considerable amount to weaken Lord Grendric's influence over us. There should be time he is recovering from the injury and shock we gave him. Skotadi explained.

Nosdyn touched the side of his head, his head hurt as always. Each time Skotadi communed with him, there was a price to be paid. Nosdyn recovered a moment later. "We can build one here on the castle grounds. I will see to it construction begins immediately." Nosdyn said calmly. "We have to hide it somewhere to make sure that Grendric won't attempt to destroy or find it." He looked at the Lady Kria and smiled, licking his lip. "You have done well young one."