Completed Blackstone Deep

“The thought of it was scary when I was younger but death is death. My smart mouth will likely get me brutally murdered, but 200 is a nice goal.” Syvis responded to him.

"Maybe, maybe not." He said simply. "Who knows, maybe you'll have a castle to hide in."

His quick movements surprised her and her breath caught in her throat. There was that coming to regret her choices. She finally let out her breath and gave an evil little giggle.

“Maybe it is enough, maybe it isn’t” Syvis was giving him vague answers on purpose. She didn’t want the ball to be even remotely in her court anymore, he’d already pinned her she was at a loss. She reached her head up to the best of her ability where his face was and whispered close to his lips “I admit defeat.” Her eyes turned dark, before she finally went in for the kiss.

"Do you n..." He didn't get to finish, cause she kissed him. This was happening a lot it seemed. Now, what she meant by she accepted defeat, he didn't entirely know. It could mean any number of things. But he was going to go with the safe option, and just kiss her back a little more aggressively than before while keeping her immobile.

• Yay
Reactions: Syvis
A castle to hide in rang in her ears. Maybe he was being subtle maybe she was reading into it. She didn’t know nor did she care and same feelings went with her blush.

Syvis accepted his kisses and returned them. Finally she broke away, “what was it you were going to say” she breathed. “Something important?” She was also secretly using this as an excuse to catch herself and her breath.

A castle to hide in rang in her ears. Maybe he was being subtle maybe she was reading into it. She didn’t know nor did she care and same feelings went with her blush.

Syvis accepted his kisses and returned them. Finally she broke away, “what was it you were going to say” she breathed. “Something important?” She was also secretly using this as an excuse to catch herself and her breath.

He rolled his eyes, "not terribly."

He got off of her and let her sit up. "I was starting to ask what exactly you meant by that but as I said, not critically important. So tell me, what kind of adventures have you had Syvis? Anything interesting or fun to note? Any politics, intrigue? I do love a good tale."

She looked a little dissatisfied and she sat up beside him.

“Well one time I robbed from your uncle during a war. He locked me in a dog cage. He isn’t my biggest fan after that, I suppose it’s because I spat on his sword and called one of his accomplices a mangy mutt. She wasn’t horrid actually vaguely pretty. I robbed a few banquets to help fellow Elven travellers, I’ve also stole from a dragon, accidentally fed multiple people to a beast of some sorts and on top of that robbed my father blind after he kicked me out. I suppose that’s an interesting tale. He kicked me out at eighteen and well I just couldn’t accept that. So I left and came back a month later broke into his house and stole family heirlooms. I eventually returned them anonymously of course but I don’t know, I was just angry. You don’t kick your children out over skills you taught them. How about you? Any fun tales?” She looked at him.

She had no specific tales to tell, most of them shed a negative light on herself. Most of what she had done was wrong and deep down she knew it but she’d continue on just the same.

She looked a little dissatisfied and she sat up beside him.

He noticed her dissatisfaction, and grinned, so in order to reassure her he gave her thigh a pinch.

“Well one time I robbed from your uncle during a war. He locked me in a dog cage. He isn’t my biggest fan after that, I suppose it’s because I spat on his sword and called one of his accomplices a mangy mutt. She wasn’t horrid actually vaguely pretty.

He chuckled, "yes, well, I doubt the fort had a prison in it, so that was the next best thing. As for the woman you mentioned, I'd imagine she's Kyla Scathach, I don't know if he's proposed to her yet, but on my last visit he did tell me that he intended to. Yes, I imagine you insulting her definitely pulled the wrong string with him."

on top of that robbed my father blind after he kicked me out. I suppose that’s an interesting tale. He kicked me out at eighteen and well I just couldn’t accept that. So I left and came back a month later broke into his house and stole family heirlooms. I eventually returned them anonymously of course but I don’t know, I was just angry.

"You had a right to be if you ask me." He said grimly. "Do you know what his reaction was? Or did you just disappear for a little bit?"

How about you? Any fun tales?” She looked at him.

She had no specific tales to tell, most of them shed a negative light on herself. Most of what she had done was wrong and deep down she knew it but she’d continue on just the same.

"Oooooh, um. Okay, so I was with a mercenary group for a short while, a total of fifty including myself. And we besieged a local lord just for the hell of it. So I used my wily charms to ah... convince one of the female guards to let me in. I tied her to her bed, which she was happy about by the way, then opened the portcullis." He recounted. "Not many other tales really. Just wandering."

Her eyes went big. “I suppose if I ever ran into them again that’d be extremely awkward. I called, the woman, Kayla a string of not so great names. She wasn’t a horrible woman when she wasn’t talking about feeding me to vampires or dogs but apparently I wouldn’t be good vampire food so here I am.” She leaned into him.

“No. I haven’t seen him in seven years. I’ve just wandered and messed around, stayed inn to inn. I miss him but I doubt it’s a recoverable relationship. I stay away from my own people because he’s too many connections, I miss my homelands, I miss my people, I miss a lot of things. Yet without being thrown out on my ass I’d experience nothing, I’d wed a self obsessed noble and my soul would slowly die. Everything’s a blessing in disguise you know?” Syvis said with a bittersweet smile. She didn’t look at him as she talked like she normally did but rather stared straight ahead. That bread wasn’t very filling and her stomach felt empty but she’d be okay.

Syvis made a face at the mention of the female guard and just responded with a hm noise. She wasn’t always a jealous type, but she couldn’t help herself right now. Maybe it was the lack of a decent meal and being imprisoned that was causing her to act up but regardless. “Wandering seems fun especially as someone alike to yourself. Like a playground almost.”

Her eyes went big. “I suppose if I ever ran into them again that’d be extremely awkward. I called, the woman, Kayla a string of not so great names. She wasn’t a horrible woman when she wasn’t talking about feeding me to vampires or dogs but apparently I wouldn’t be good vampire food so here I am.” She leaned into him.

“Ah, then she was talking about Kerberos, his three headed dog. Yes I’m familiar with that ball of fluff. And I disagree, I think that you would taste absolutely delicious.” He said with a vaguely evil cackle, giving her neck a teasing nibble as she leaned in.

“No. I haven’t seen him in seven years. I’ve just wandered and messed around, stayed inn to inn. I miss him but I doubt it’s a recoverable relationship. I stay away from my own people because he’s too many connections, I miss my homelands, I miss my people, I miss a lot of things. Yet without being thrown out on my ass I’d experience nothing, I’d wed a self obsessed noble and my soul would slowly die. Everything’s a blessing in disguise you know?” Syvis said with a bittersweet smile. She didn’t look at him as she talked like she normally did but rather stared straight ahead. That bread wasn’t very filling and her stomach felt empty but she’d be okay.

“You don’t have to talk about it you know, if you don’t want to. If this is uncomfortable you can stop.” He assured her, hugging her a little closer.

Syvis made a face at the mention of the female guard and just responded with a hm noise. She wasn’t always a jealous type, but she couldn’t help herself right now. Maybe it was the lack of a decent meal and being imprisoned that was causing her to act up but regardless. “Wandering seems fun especially as someone alike to yourself. Like a playground almost.”

He noticed her expression and said, “Don’t worry. She’s got nothing on you. Besides this was a couple years ago. But yes, wandering is fun, it’s not boring at least, but it can Ben tiring at times.”

„I‘m okay.“ she said wholeheartedly „I’ve just never really talked about it before. A lot of first steps, but you know baby steps. Anyways I don’t want to bore you.“ she looked up at him and smiled.

Her face got all happy like a jack’o lantern when he reassured her. “That’s good that it was a few years ago. I have to agree about the wandering part. Having a home would be nice, with silk pillows and a bed that you know is great without the fear of it being not worth your money. Plus I could actually hire some help to cook for me again which would be nice indeed. Oh and a closet.” She was rambling but she didn’t mind she was actually getting kind of excited like a little one in a sweet shop. It was weird to get excited over having a closet but so many nice dresses were expensive and or annoying to haul around.

„I‘m okay.“ she said wholeheartedly „I’ve just never really talked about it before. A lot of first steps, but you know baby steps. Anyways I don’t want to bore you.“ she looked up at him and smiled.

He nodded, "alright. You aren't boring me. I simply thought that perhaps this was difficult for you to bring up."

Her face got all happy like a jack’o lantern when he reassured her. “That’s good that it was a few years ago. I have to agree about the wandering part. Having a home would be nice, with silk pillows and a bed that you know is great without the fear of it being not worth your money. Plus I could actually hire some help to cook for me again which would be nice indeed. Oh and a closet.” She was rambling but she didn’t mind she was actually getting kind of excited like a little one in a sweet shop. It was weird to get excited over having a closet but so many nice dresses were expensive and or annoying to haul around.

Her happy expression was great. "Well if I ever get that castle I'm after, I'll be sure to make some room for you and your belongings."

Her rambling was cute, and he couldn't help but chuckle at it. "And I'll make sure to have a double wide bed, so you can cuddle up when you visit."

• Popcorn
“Very nice of you to offer me room in your castle, but I fear you underestimate how many gowns I’ve in my possession.” She laughed. Syvis was happy, it made her cheeks rosy and her eyes light up.

“I’m hungry.” She blurted out. Syvis knew there was nothing Conrad could do yet she still said it. One question had been burning a hole into her brain though.

“So, you say your uncle owns this place. Why didn’t you just tell them? Get them to send a letter or something and he’d bail you out, wouldn’t he? You were just at the right place at the wrong time. I’m sure he’d understand.” Despite all of Syvis’ experiences she’d never been in one like this, and her naive side was showing; also known as the she’d only grown up powerful so one strong worded letter from her got her out of nearly anything. She wondered if she had any connections in the area.

Even though her cell contained fine company she was bored. She needed something to do, somewhere to go, she’d never just sat idle before. Maybe these were times she should relax in but she just couldn't. She was too full of energy. Like popcorn before it combusted.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Conrad
“Very nice of you to offer me room in your castle, but I fear you underestimate how many gowns I’ve in my possession.” She laughed. Syvis was happy, it made her cheeks rosy and her eyes light up.

He booked her on the nose. "And I think you underestimate exactly how much room there'd be. Do you usually blush this often. It's adorable."

“So, you say your uncle owns this place. Why didn’t you just tell them? Get them to send a letter or something and he’d bail you out, wouldn’t he? You were just at the right place at the wrong time. I’m sure he’d understand.” Despite all of Syvis’ experiences she’d never been in one like this, and her naive side was showing; also known as the she’d only grown up powerful so one strong worded letter from her got her out of nearly anything. She wondered if she had any connections in the area.

"He is the Duke yes, but I doubt these pictures would let us send any letters, it's against protocol, too much risk of information being smuggled out somehow. They take no chances." He explained.

The patrol passed, it had been half an hour. He looked to her and said, "looks like it's time to go."

• Smug
Syvis’ face deepened as he pointed out her blush. “No. Only for you I suppose.” She said tongue twisted as he booped her nose.

“Makes sense about the letter I suppose. Still obtuse.” She didn’t agree with that policy but she supposed it made sense. If she was personally locking people in cells she wouldn’t want info getting out either.

At the words “go time” her chest bubbled with excitement. She reached into her key’s hiding place. It was her baby’s showtime. She got up and scampered across the floor to the door where she looked to either side of their door the best she could. It looked empty. Praise be to her tiny arms as she reached though trying not to touch the silver. She’d had a reaction to a necklace as a kid and wasn’t going to risk ruining her arm, or hurting it for that matter. She inserted her key into the lock and turned it to the left. The lock made a scrape click every thief loves to hear. She lifted up her shirt bottom exposing a toned midriff for a split second as she used it as a glove to urge the heavy door out of its place. She was as quiet as possible but the door inevitably started to scrape the floor. It had a familiar scooch in the floor so she spat on the floor and hinges and started moving it again, the noise dampened substantially. She was very experienced in creaky doors.

“Well. Here we are.” Syvis whispered as she moved out to the side. She’d let him go first because sadly if there was an off chance of a lone dragoon Conrad would be more naturally equipped to handle them then herself. “Go first.” she continued in a hushed voice, as she waved her hand in a go go go motion.

Syvis’ face deepened as he pointed out her blush. “No. Only for you I suppose.” She said tongue twisted as he booped her nose.

“Oh,” he said with a smile, “now doesn’t that make me feel special.”

At the words “go time” her chest bubbled with excitement. She reached into her key’s hiding place. It was her baby’s showtime. She got up and scampered across the floor to the door where she looked to either side of their door the best she could. It looked empty. Praise be to her tiny arms as she reached though trying not to touch the silver. She’d had a reaction to a necklace as a kid and wasn’t going to risk ruining her arm, or hurting it for that matter. She inserted her key into the lock and turned it to the left. The lock made a scrape click every thief loves to hear. She lifted up her shirt bottom exposing a toned midriff for a split second as she used it as a glove to urge the heavy door out of its place. She was as quiet as possible but the door inevitably started to scrape the floor. It had a familiar scooch in the floor so she spat on the floor and hinges and started moving it again, the noise dampened substantially. She was very experienced in creaky doors.

“Well. Here we are.” Syvis whispered as she moved out to the side. She’d let him go first because sadly if there was an off chance of a lone dragoon Conrad would be more naturally equipped to handle them then herself. “Go first.” she continued in a hushed voice, as she waved her hand in a go go go motion.

She didn’t even need to tell him to go. He exited the moment she got out of the way, ready to kill anyone who posed a threat. He appreciated the midriff of course, but he wasn’t so uncontrollable as to be unaware of when he needed to focus. So he took the lead, and crept ahead of her. A single dragoon was approaching from around the corner, who he let pass just a little bit before snapping his neck. His first order of business was to take his gear.

He pulled the guard into the cell, and instructed her to close the door again while he stripped the guard. He donned the gambeson, the mail and the burgonet before attacking the falling buffe that went on it. He took the sword and gave her the dagger. If asked why he got the armor he’d answer, “two reasons, I’m the close combatant and I burn to ash in sunlight.”

He lead the way, and he thought for a moment. Then he retrieved the cuffs from the gear that he thought they didn’t need. “Less conspicuous.” Then he’d shackle her hands behind her, before they proceeded to continue down the hallways and up the stairs, they still had six levels to go before they got to the surface.

• Yay
She had forgotten that vampires burned. That must be horribly annoying she thought. Although the armour did make sense. She took took the dagger and held it up against her back but under her shirt. She had no where else to put it and prayed it‘d be hidden enough.

She was kind of peeved about the shackles but she knew it had to be done. She really was thanking her father in her head for training her to fight with her legs. All those times she thought it idiotic yet here she was.

She followed close behind the way a prisoner would be expected to do. Each hallway, each turn, her nose was met with an unpleasant smell. Her sense of smell wasn’t alike to a dog it was just heighten making the scents worse for her. Syvis looked kind of queasy yet she kept on the same, she figured the queasy look would be somewhat helpful so she tried to maintain it. She figured no prisoner would be happy here.

Her ears pricked as she heard the clinking of a two shoes approaching on them. They were alone so she let out a tap on the floor to let Conrad know. She counted how many steps until the dragoon was behind them and she lept back turning as she did so. She swung her arms over her head placing them and her dagger in front of herself. The dragoon was smaller their gender was unidentifiable, so she went for a leg sweep. She knew kicking the armour would be most definitely unpleasant and she was right as she felt an instant bruise but the dragoon fell. She climbed on top and lifted her dagger up plunging it between their eyeball and brow bone. Sweet spot to the brain. She used all of her force until she heard a tiny crunch. They were dead.

„Help me move them.“ it looked like the hallways had little pockets for people to stand in to let others pass. She pointed to one of them, it was dark enough there and it was a safer bet then leaving a dead body laying about in their wake. She had no way to clean the murder weapon so she took the dragoon’s clean one. She‘d leave the bloody one in their eye with their hand around it and set up the new dagger the same as she had the first dagger.

• Sip
Her skill was impressive. He nodded his head in approval as they moved the body. They continued on. And they made it to the sixth and ground floor, where they had three gatehouses to get through. Or they could jump from the walls. He thought they should go through.

He brought them to the stables, and got them a horse, which he helped her mount beforehand getting behind her. He didn’t waste time removing the shackles, he just spurred the horse out and galloped through the gatehouses, which swiftly had arrows after them. But, the horse was fast enough to get them past the gates.

But they had a long way to go before they were completely free, and he said as much. "Lean forward, we can't slow down for any reason."

She was grateful for her wrists’ freedom. She wasn’t in shackles long but she still hated them as much as she hated her prisoner’s garb. It had been awhile since she last rode a horse and she missed the feeling. She really did love the majestic animals.

She made sure to hide herself within Conrad and his armour as arrows whizzed past. Dying here wouldn’t be suitable for her. She made sure to pet the horse’s neck, as dumb as it was if she was running from scary things she wasn’t truly aware of she’d want some reassurance. Poor beast, it didn’t know any better.

She listened to Conrad as he instructed her to lean forward. Her hand still on the steed’s neck. “You’re the boss.” Syvis tried to say as chipper as possible, she was just happy to be able to breathe again. She hadn’t realized how much she truly missed the sun.

It must have been tough for him escaping in the sun with an extra person, though she was thankful for him and intended to show him as much once they were safe.

• Popcorn
He continued to spur the horse, once they were out of range he slowed to a canter, a bit slower than a gallop but still fast, and allowed the horse to last longer.

The sun would have been an issue, if he didn't have the armor. Even his face was covered by the falling buffe attached to his newly acquired burgonet. It was essentially the typical helmet visor that collapsed downward rather than up.

So they rode for a while, and he said to her as they did. "Well that was fun. You okay?"

• Popcorn
“Very fun how many people break out of prison midday? To be honest my arse is a little sore but other than that I’m well, how about you handsome?” Syvis said with a chuckle.

Her face got a little contoured as she let out in a softer tone “I do feel bad for murdering that person. They had the most beautiful green eyes and I could tell that they knew I was going to kill them the second I landed atop them.” She had killed before but the guilt never got easier it seemed. She knew it was herself and Conrad or them yet she still didn’t find joy in robbing a mother of their baby.

She was getting a little tired which she found silly but she could pass out the second she hit safety and figured out what to do with the horse. She reckoned they could sell it, but she would have a hard time allowing just anyone to have it. Syvis wasn't about to send the beautiful thing to somewhere where it's beauty would be taken for granted.

• Cry
“Very fun how many people break out of prison midday? To be honest my arse is a little sore but other than that I’m well, how about you handsome?” Syvis said with a chuckle.

"I'm doing fine. And tell you what kitten, once we find ourselves a nice place to sleep I'll make your arse even more sore than it is now." He said with a teasing tone.

Her face got a little contoured as she let out in a softer tone “I do feel bad for murdering that person. They had the most beautiful green eyes and I could tell that they knew I was going to kill them the second I landed atop them.” She had killed before but the guilt never got easier it seemed. She knew it was herself and Conrad or them yet she still didn’t find joy in robbing a mother of their baby.

"He was a Dragoon Guard, under the command of the Kinniger Dukes, he was well prepared for death and he likely had no family to speak of." He said to her. "Killing him might have been a kindness."

• Devil
"What am I going to do with you hm? We just made an escape and all you can talk about is my arse. Granted it's very nice but still, that was a thrill." Syvis said breathing in the air like a drug. "Although finding somewhere to..." she paused. "rest" she finished in an enticing tone "would be very nice."

She looked up at him, gods above was he tall. Like a statue. He damn near cast a shadow that covered her in darkness completely.

"Thank you for helping my concious a little love. Amazed I manage to keep clean although. I do miss my dresses." She pouted a little. She paid annually a fair amount of coin for a room at an inn just for her clothing so she never had to throw anything out. The overglorified closet was the closest thing she had to a residence but she'd ordered all the furniture out besides a cot for the off chance she may stay.

• Popcorn
"What am I going to do with you hm? We just made an escape and all you can talk about is my arse. Granted it's very nice but still, that was a thrill." Syvis said breathing in the air like a drug. "Although finding somewhere to..." she paused. "rest" she finished in an enticing tone "would be very nice."

He gave a little hmmm himself and said, "well, I suppose you could wander with me a while. I'm in sore need of a companion and the occasional brigand I enthrall just doesn't do the trick. And yes, 'resting' would definitely be a good goal to set come nightfall. The darker it is the better."

"Thank you for helping my concious a little love. Amazed I manage to keep clean although. I do miss my dresses."

"We can go and get you a couple of dresses. If you have a stash we can stop at, or perhaps we need to purchase one. Me as a mercenary and you as a thief, spy and perhaps even assassin, we'd make a pretty good team, and we'd make money on the side. Does that arrangement sound good to you? And if we get enough to purchase land and titles, well, we'd be set for life."

He was big, mostly because of his orcish heritage. But also because his strain of vampirism gave his testosterone a serious boost, which also helped make him big.

• Bless
“I would love to wander with you.” Syvis got all bubbly inside when he offered, she’d be less likely to be murdered now. “I promise you I’m better than any ol’ wench.” She mused.

“I most definitely have a stash. An inn room in Alliria. We could lay low there, the inn owner doesn’t talk much and I’ve paid him handsomely for 3 years. The arrangement seems great to me, I feel we’d most definitely bring in some fair coin. Plus it means we don’t have to say goodbye so soon.” She was smiling.

“I think I’m going to name the horse.” It was too late for her not to get attached now. She was very invested in this being. “Hm.. help me? Or this poor thing will be named Bob.”

• Bless
“I would love to wander with you.” Syvis got all bubbly inside when he offered, she’d be less likely to be murdered now. “I promise you I’m better than any ol’ wench.” She mused.

He smiled genuinely, but it was hidden behind his buffe. “I bet you are. I hope you don’t mind a little roughness, I’m by no means gentle.”

“I most definitely have a stash. An inn room in Alliria. We could lay low there, the inn owner doesn’t talk much and I’ve paid him handsomely for 3 years. The arrangement seems great to me, I feel we’d most definitely bring in some fair coin. Plus it means we don’t have to say goodbye so soon.” She was smiling.

“Alright, So we’ll need to go to the Crobhear Stone.” He said to her, “we’ll need to cross a few mountains to do that but it’s faster than just riding. And I’m glad you like this arrangement.”

“I think I’m going to name the horse.” It was too late for her not to get attached now. She was very invested in this being. “Hm.. help me? Or this poor thing will be named Bob.”

He laughed, “Alright kitten, so how about.... Smoke? Since he’s grey.”

• Yay
Her face got red at his comment about being rough. She was glad she was in front of him so he couldn’t see and try and make her blush more. Instead she just looked ahead.

„That works. Truth be told I haven’t a clue where we are nor how to travel around. Navigation has never been my strong suit. If I didn’t have lovely carriage drivers I‘d likely never get to where I needed to be.“ Syvis had a habit of acting like she was always desperate for coin because thievery really only brought in a little, and had she not been a sycophant she likely would be short on funding. She wasn’t as rich as she grew up by all means but she wasn’t living uncomfortably. She just kept most of it in a safe in her Inn room.

That reminded her to tell him „I‘ve also a sufficient amount of funds at the room. In case of financial emergencies.“ she said it plainly she didn’t necessarily want to spend money but since they were going to Alliria she‘d have no troubles making her money back.

Syvis patted the horse on it‘s neck as she said „Smoke. I like it, much more suitable for a horse of stature. My poor future children, they’re likely to have the most horrid of names.“ Syvis let out with a chuckle.

„That works. Truth be told I haven’t a clue where we are nor how to travel around. Navigation has never been my strong suit. If I didn’t have lovely carriage drivers I‘d likely never get to where I needed to be.“

“I don’t know our precise location either but I do know that we’re on the eastern side of The Spine, so the closest stone is most likely to be the Crobhear Stone, which can take us straight to Alliria.” He said simply. “We just need to find a landmark or a village and we can point ourselves in the right direction.”

That reminded her to tell him „I‘ve also a sufficient amount of funds at the room. In case of financial emergencies.“ she said it plainly she didn’t necessarily want to spend money but since they were going to Alliria she‘d have no troubles making her money back.

He waved his hand dismissively. “There shouldn’t be any need, and I’ll not be a burden on your funds. Besides, I don’t require sleep, shelter or food except in the case of blood, and there should be plenty of brigands along the road to feed from.”

Syvis patted the horse on it‘s neck as she said „Smoke. I like it, much more suitable for a horse of stature. My poor future children, they’re likely to have the most horrid of names.“ Syvis let out with a chuckle.

Her amusement was matched by his own. “Fret not Kitten. I’ll be sure to help you name them well.”