Private Tales Be... Our... Guest!

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Amira was about to tell Samson that she couldn't read when he seemed to remember and apologize.

Learning to read and write was never something Amira ever thought would happen. Now it was an option and that excited her. The first thing that truly excited her since she woke up in this hell.

"Yes, Samson, I would love that. I never thought I would be able to read or write. It is a fantastic idea!" Her smile was wide and genuine. She was happy.

• Bless
Reactions: Samson Kraith
"Yes, Samson, I would love that. I never thought I would be able to read or write. It is a fantastic idea!" Her smile was wide and genuine. She was happy.
Even with fangs, her smile was something to behold and admire. Thus far, she has been a pleasure to serve, and he had to admit that he hoped she would reconsider her relationship to Lord Paldwyn... Having her around as lady of the house would provide a renewed sense of purpose.

And... Who knows? Perhaps she will have an effect on Lord Paldwyn, who knows what finally attaining his goal would do for him as a man and Lord of Koscoria.

"Very well. I can provide you with a beginners level book, it should be able to teach you the basics of letters and the sounds they make aided by pictures to illustrate the concept. Beyond that, I would be more than happy to tutor you, unless you would prefer a woman to teach you. As I said, some of the maids are learned, or I can hire someone from the village."
He offered, he found her excitement encouraging.

"I am fine with you tutoring me, Samson. I like you and you seem very intelligent. I think you have a wealth of knowledge that I will be glad to have at my disposal."

Amira was, honestly, not sure why she didn't want to kill Samson. He was a vampire and he served Emric. He was evil by all rights; yet, he had been the nicest to her. He had been nicer than a lot of living people had ever been to her.

"I know you work for Emric and you are loyal to him, but I have been a terrible guest so far. You are still nice to me though. Why?"

• Popcorn
"I am fine with you tutoring me, Samson. I like you and you seem very intelligent. I think you have a wealth of knowledge that I will be glad to have at my disposal."
"You honor me, milady. Perhaps on nights when you are not attending Lord Paldwyn I can come and tutor you."

"I know you work for Emric and you are loyal to him, but I have been a terrible guest so far. You are still nice to me though. Why?"
They were paused outside her room, but he continued to hold the door.
"It is true, I am steward of castle Kascor and I serve Lord Paldwyn. I am old, and I am a vampire, I have killed my share of innocents and guilty alike, I have every excuse to be the reprehensible creature that I am... But above all, I choose to be a gentleman, so I will never spurn the duties of a host or of a servant properly treating a guest hospitably."
He adjusted his monocle as he regarded her for a brief moment.
"Life is rather unnerving for a servant who is not serving, I might go so far to say that he is not whole without a soul to wait upon. Lord Paldwyn requires little except the little that we can offer him, otherwise we might as well simply sleep in our coffins until we are needed... With you here, and with the potential to stay since you are one of us, there is a general renewed sense of purpose amongst the staff.

"But, for a short answer, I find it more fulfilling to put up with young lady who is rude, rather than put up with the rotating through of the same state of affairs on the day-to-day basis for the past seventy years."

"I will try to be nicer, Samson," Amira told him after he was finished speaking. "I will also try to be nicer to Emric as well. I am just so mad at him for what he did to me. He tricked me and I am just so...mad at him..." She trailed off and took a sip of wine.

• Sip
"I will try to be nicer, Samson," Amira told him after he was finished speaking.
"Think nothing of it, milady."
He shook his head dismissively, but he couldn't hide the small smile revealing that her decision had pleased him.
"I will also try to be nicer to Emric as well. I am just so mad at him for what he did to me. He tricked me and I am just so... mad at him..." She trailed off and entered the room, where she went to the trolly and took a sip of wine.
He entered the room as well. Over the course of her bath the fire had lowered in the fireplace and had yet to be stoked up, so Samson took it upon himself to poke up the embers and rekindle the fireplace.
"I am surprised that you have so little to say about Lord Paldwyn, considering your feelings towards him. In my country, a lady of your standing would have quite a polite, yet scathing vocabulary built up to describe exactly how she felt about someone whom they perceived as having wronged them.

"That aside, I feel it appropriate to validate your feelings of anger towards him, that is your right and I imagine I might feel much the same were our roles reversed. You should be angry with him, but you should also respect him as your sire, keeping in mind that you are still emotional and may not be making decisions based on sound judgement."

After he stoked up the fire, he swept up some ashes and dumped them in a pan.
"My advice, milady. Bide your time, since you are dead you should let yourself grieve, let yourself come to terms with your situation, let yourself calm down, and then reevaluate your thoughts on the situation with a clear mind."