Private Tales Be... Our... Guest!

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Samson Kraith

Steward of Koscoria
Character Biography
Link
The Lord has brought a woman to castle Koscoria...

It has been many years since they've had an actual guest in the castle. When he received word that Lord Paldwyn was bringing home a newborn Samson made sure to have the guest suite prepared for her upon her arrival. For so long he had given his Lord all of his attention, there was no one else in the castle to serve besides him. But that has finally changed.

Until now he was forbidden from waiting on her, for seven days she was to be left in isolation and was not to be fed or brought blood to quench her hunger. Samson obeyed, but as soon as she was released from her house arrest and fed by the Lord, he was given permission to see to her needs.
He put together a few amenities, tea, biscuits, a small shot of "medication" (blood), and a vintage bottle of wine on ice. He arranged these items neatly on the tray and wheeled his way to her chambers.
She was a noble lady, or so he was told. Perhaps she would appreciate reminders of the polite society she came from, drinking tea and eating biscuits with polite conversation... He sure hoped that her undeath hasn't deprived her tongue of the ability to enjoy such things. In a way this also served as a sort of test to see how her new condition has affected her.

In spite of her recent feeding, she must still be ravenous. It was the same for him when he was a fledgling, the small portion he bought would not be enough, but it was better to learn disciplined feeding early on, indulgence was a mistake that often-cost fledgling vampires their lives when they couldn't control their bloodlust.
He arrived outside the door of the guest suite. It was twilight at the moment, early evening as the sun slowly dipped below the horizon, it should be safe to open her shades so she could see outside and the new land where she now lives. He gently tapped against the door.
"Lady Renata, are you decent?"

Amira Renata

Amira was still in a foul mood long after she had drank from Emric and he had departed for the night. She had curled up in one of the chairs in her room thinking of all the ways she could hurt Emric and eventually kill him. At least she did not feel like she was going to die anymore. That was a plus, she supposed. She was bored though. She was tired of being in this damn castle all the time.

She heard the tap on her door and her head shot up. Had Emric come back? She hoped so...no she didn't. She did not hope so. What was wrong with her. She wanted to kill him. Her mind seemed to place the voice and the fact that there was a knock at all. It was not Emric.

"Yes, come in," she called out and slowly placed her feet on the smooth, cold floor. She didn't stand though. She was less weak but she was still weak overall. She needed more blood. She was still hungry.

Samson Kraith

• Bless
Reactions: Samson Kraith
Samson opened the door and stood in the doorway for a moment.
He placed a hand over his heart and bowed from the hip, averting his eyes politely to the floor.
"Greetings, milady. I am Samson Kraith, Steward of castle Koscoria and your servant until a proper attendant and staff can be arranged for your ladyship."
He straightened and turned, pulling the wheeled tray into the room with its bounty.
"I have brought a light morning snack. I am told you are newly born as one of us. If so, I think it would be appropriate to experiment and see how much you have changed."
He used the term "morning" even though nightfall was fast upon them. Simply a habit one picks up when their schedule becomes nocturnal.

"A simple mint tea, some sweet biscuits, a good wine and of course, your new staple... A small dose of blood."
He presented the menu before her, first pouring the steaming cup of tea, placing it on a saucer, and approaching to present it to her with a small bow.
"I apologize if mint is not your preferred herb. I shall be more than happy to compile a menu of your favorite delicacies should your tastebuds prove to be in working order."
Now that he was closer, he could get a better look at her. She has certainly seen better days, seven days of isolation and starvation... Along with simmering anger... certainly didn't lend itself to one's appearance. But she was certainly a beauty, current disorder aside, and certainly shared an uncanny resemblance his lord's late wife as she appears in the paintings.

Amira watched the door open with apprehension and suspicion, but the man before her bowed as soon as he stepped over the threshold. An eyebrow twitched up when he introduced himself. Samson. Steward and servant. She could allow this guest especially if he came with food. She also liked being referred to as your ladyship and lady again. She did not realize that she missed it.

She smiled slightly as he wheeled in the tray and she sat forward in the chair. Tea, biscuits, wine, and blood. She liked this man and he was nice. Yes, he was paid to be nice but it was still comforting to not want to kill him. He was a nice juxtaposition to Emric.

"I do like mint," Amira said as she took the cup of tea from Samson. She smelled it and let out a happy sigh. Her mother loved to garden and mint was a staple in their home. Lady Renata would never let anyone touch her garden. It reminded her of home and she felt the slight twinge of sadness fill her. Home.

She slowly brought the cup to her lips and took a tiny sip to she wouldn't burn her tongue. It was perfect. She looked up at the vampire and smiled again. "Thank you. It is delicious," she said and took another sip. Amira was very happy to know she could still enjoy real food and drink even if it had no effect on her hunger.

"How long have you worked for Emric?" She said his name with a tone of disgust.

Samson Kraith

• Cheer
"I do like mint," Amira said as she took the cup of tea from Samson. She smelled it and let out a happy sigh. Her mother loved to garden, and mint was a staple in their home. Lady Renata would never let anyone touch her garden. It reminded her of home, and she felt the slight twinge of sadness fill her. Home.

"Thank you. It is delicious," she said and took another sip. Amira was very happy to know she could still enjoy real food and drink even if it had no effect on her hunger.
"I am glad to hear it, I shall make a note of it."
He also noted that she could still taste, that was good. It seems the lords particular strain affected his subjects identically.
He moved the tray closer to her chair so she could access the biscuits. He produced a stemmed glass from below the tray and deftly uncorked the wine with his thumb, he then proceeded to pour, filling the glass one third full of red wine.
"This is our regular dinner vintage that we serve to guests and the lords table. If it is not to your liking, I shall be more than happy to bring you a selection of our other choicest brands."
He would place the glass on the tray nearest her, so she needn't hurry with her tea.

"How long have you worked for Emric?" She said his name with a tone of disgust.
He took note of her tone when referring Emric. Seems she was not so happy about her current situation.
"I have served him faithfully for seventy-two years now. I was turned when I was twenty years old, which is why my appearance has remained unchanged all this time. If my guess is correct, Lord Paldwyn is a little less than three times my age."
He reached down and gently swished the contents of the shot to keep the blood from congealing. The blood will wait till after the food.
"As you can see, you have an immortal life of unfading beauty ahead of you, if I may be so bold, Lady Renald. I can see why he chose you; it really is uncanny how much you look like her..."

As far as Amira's tastes went, she would eat or drink pretty much anything. The list of things she didn't like was much shorter than the other list. She kept quiet as he poured the wine and spoke. She was way too busy drinking her tea, eating a biscuit, and feeling human for the first time in what seemed like forever. Samson was officially her favorite vampire. He was nice and brought her delicious things.

"That is too young," she mused about how young he had been when he became a vampire. It wasn't like she was so much older than him with her twenty-five years. Still too young. She was curious how he could be loyal to the man who killed him but she would save that particular story until later.

"As you can see, you have an immortal life of unfading beauty ahead of you, if I may be so bold, Lady Renata."

She smiled kindly at him. "Thank you, but I still have no idea what I look like..." She trailed off as she took a sip of tea. "I was blind when I was born and I could not see until I was turned so I will take your word for it that I am beautiful." The last part came out with a soft chuckle.

"I can see why he chose you; it really is uncanny how much you look like her..."

Amira was about to take another sip of tea and she slowly brought the cup back down to the saucer. "Who do I look like, Samson?"

Samson Kraith

"That is too young,"
He chuckled kindly, "Not where I come from, milady. I reached adulthood at fifteen years old and was out of the house to make a name for myself not long after I came of age. In the five years following I made my way here and found gainful employment in the service of Lord Paldwyn."

She smiled kindly at him. "Thank you, but I still have no idea what I look like..." She trailed off as she took a sip of tea. "I was blind when I was born, and I could not see until I was turned so I will take your word for it that I am beautiful." The last part came out with a soft chuckle.

"I can see why he chose you; it really is uncanny how much you look like her..."

Amira was about to take another sip of tea and she slowly brought the cup back down to the saucer. "Who do I look like, Samson?"
He looked at her with a mild expression of surprise, which sort of illustrated the extent of his emotional involvement in most things... Mild.
She had never seen what her face looked like before. So that's why she hasn't made the connection yet, he was under the assumption she could tell and that she knew why she was here.
"My apologies, milady. I was not aware of your former ailment. Forgive my assumption. You appear to have a striking resemblance to the Lords late wife."
He cleared off the polished serving tray and walked around the trolly to present it to her so she could see her reflection.
"I apologize for blatantly comparing your likeness to the dearly departed, I do not believe comparing two distinguished beauties is a healthy exercise. You share her likeness, but your beauty is your own. It was wrong of me to suggest otherwise."

Amira Let Samson's words sink in. She looked like Emric's wife. It made a little more sense why he had chosen her. It was not just the fact that she wished to see, it was that she was filling a role that he needed apparently. She could certainly use this to her advantage.

Before she could say anything else, she was presented the serving tray. She looked down at it and let out a small gasp. She was beautiful and she did look like his wife. She had been right about the pregnant woman in the portrait. So he had a wife and a kid, presumably, at one point.

Amira touched her face gently and tears came to her eyes. She did not let the spill over though. She would not allow herself to cry. She looked back up at Samson and smiled. "Thank you, Samson. It is nice to know what I look like after years of wondering," she handed him back the tray and then took another drink.

"Tell me about Emric, please." She would need to find out everything she could about the man if she was going to kill him.

• Bless
"Thank you, Samson. It is nice to know what I look like after years of wondering," she handed him back the tray and then took another drink.
"I am happy to be of service."
He bowed and took the tray back to the trolley.
"Tell me about Emric, please."
He paused for a moment, thoughtfully considering.
"I suppose I could tell you of him, though perhaps you can tell me what you would like to know about him?"
He moved to the window and carefully drew the curtains. The sun was just a red glow on the horizon, dipping behind the mountains that surrounded them, even though it was still light out, the shadows were long and at this hour the sun was no threat to them.

They were high up in the spine, ensconced in a keep overlooking a valley were they could see the lights and dinner fires of a sprawling mountain village.
"Lord Paldwyn, and vampires in general, are no simple matter to explain."

"Is he always such an asshole? Tricking women and turning them into vampires?" The questions slipped out before Amira could stop herself. She looked out the window with a sigh. She had never seen the sunrise or the sunset and now she would never see them properly. Never completely. It made her sad.

"Also, what is the best way to kill a vampire?" She mostly meant for herself. If she couldn't kill Emric, she could at least end her own existence.

• Popcorn
"Is he always such an asshole? Tricking women and turning them into vampires?"
He blinked and looked at her in "mild" surprise.
"Such language, are you truly a lady? Or was your tutor permissive because of your handicap?
In any case, no. I believe he has met others who shared a face with his wife, but you are the first he has successfully turned."

"Also, what is the best way to kill a vampire?"
He took a deep breath, and slowly let it out.
"That depends on who you intend to kill... If it were possible to die from your own hand, you can be assured that there would be fewer vampires in the world... That being said, exposure to sunlight and running water are fatally hazardous to most strains, but neither are painless ways to go.

If you were to try to kill me, you might find better success. If you were to deliver a killing blow, such as to my head or heart, I won't be able to recover and I would die. Anything less will heal quickly."

He moved away from the window and produced a cleaning rag from the trolley. He then moved around the room cleaning various decorative objects.
"... Please don't think too poorly of Lord Paldwyn. As I said, you live in a new world of new rules... But not only that, understand the concept of being alone for over two hundred years."

Amira glared at him. She did not think asshole was that bad of language. She had used worse and her tutors had always yelled at her. She did not say anything else on that subject though. Her thoughts did snag on successfully turned though. How many others had he killed in whatever fucked up quest he was on...

"I do not want to kill you, Samson. You have been kind to me. It is a nice change after being locked in this room for seven days." Had she deserved it? Absolutely. Was she still pissed about? Absolutely.

She did tuck away the tidbits of information he offered though. It was always good to know how to end the lives of immortal undead creatures.

"I was engaged, Samson. I was happy. I just wished to see the world for once. I did not wish to be killed and ripped away from my family, my fiance, and my life. Two hundred years being alone is no excuse for tricking some."

She finished her tea and looked down at the empty glass in her hands. She wanted to throw it at the wall but she held it in. She needed to work on her anger. There was so much though.

"I do not know what he wishes to gain from turning me. I hate him and I doubt that will change," she set the cup and saucer on the tray before pulling her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around his legs. "Were you mad when you were turned?"

"I do not want to kill you, Samson. You have been kind to me. It is a nice change after being locked in this room for seven days."
"It relieves me to hear that, milady."
Not that he thought she could kill him, even with her newfound and untested powers. But he was slowly coming to understand her... She was willing to wait if that's what it took to get what she wanted. Underestimating her wasn't a mistake he would be prone to making.

"I was engaged, Samson. I was happy. I just wished to see the world for once. I did not wish to be killed and ripped away from my family, my fiancé, and my life. Two hundred years being alone is no excuse for tricking someone."
He nodded understandingly as he polished up a vase that sat on the chest-of-drawers.
"Admittedly, there are better methods of regaining your sight if one knows where to look... pardon the expression... I do sympathize with you, lady Renata, truly I do. But you are still young and very much human in your sensibilities. There is much I can justify at ninety-two because I have waited so long to do them, and I am merely a third of his age. I urge you to not be so quick to judge what two hundred years can do to a man and how that could possibly justify his actions."
He set down the vase and moved on to a painted picture of the Southern Spine Mountain Range.
"I realize I am making him out to be quite the pitiful creature... And that is true of nearly every vampire... It might as well be in our very nature, including yours. We are pitiable creatures for what we've lost and what we've left behind. Our lives and very existence is akin to bad drama theater."
He related all of this with the same polite tone, revealing neither approval nor disapproval, but simply a relation of facts.

"I do not know what he wishes to gain from turning me. I hate him and I doubt that will change,"
He shrugged, "That should be simple enough to figure out. First and foremost, by turning you he gained time... With time he will do his best to woo you in hopes that you will one day soften your heart and come to love him as his late wife once did."
"Were you mad when you were turned?"
He finished polishing the frame and glass cover of the painting and set it back on the wall. Seeing that she was done with her tea he draped the rag over one arm and went back to the trolly to present the glass of wine to her.
"No. The circumstances of my turning were voluntary. I had faithfully served him for three years and I considered him my master and closest friend, with full knowledge of what he was. When he offered to make me a permanent member of his house I readily agreed."
Face to face with her again he regarded her for a moment.
"However, just because he is my friend does not mean that I approve of all he does. Since I am his steward, I am allowed to advise him, but his decisions are final. It is not my place to naysay him. But, if you like, I can advise him to take things slow with you, to give you space and time to process your new life."

He straightened and looked around the room, his eyes glowed red in the dark and he could see just fine. And since he was dead the cold did not affect him. But the room did seem gloomy without any light in it, and he could see that she longed for the comforts of home.
"If you would like, I can build a fire. It is not much, but it may lift your spirits."

Amira had to admit that she was impressed by Samson's loyalty to his Lord. He spoke so highly of him that it was hard to believe her thoughts and his words were about the same person. Perhaps she could give him a chance...no...that is not happening.

"Why does he want someone who looks like her though..." It wasn't really a question so much as a thought. It was something she would bring up later. She needed to hear it from Emric.

Amira appreciated Samson's offer to advise Emric, but she waved it away. "I can handle myself, Samson. I will put him in his place when it needs to be done..." She held his gaze to let her words sink in before she grabbed the wine and took a long drink.

"Yes, please," she said in response to a fire. At least it would make her room a little brighter.

"What is it like being a vampire? I do not think I can ever adjust to this yet I do not have a choice..."

• Cheer
"Why does he want someone who looks like her though..." It wasn't really a question so much as a thought. It was something she would bring up later. She needed to hear it from Emric.
It wasn't a question and he didn't deem it worthy of an answer... Because honestly all he could do was guess and surmise based on what he knew... Who knows why he wants someone just like his wife who passed away. The answer had equal possibilities to be anything from tragic romance to outright obsession, both were very in character for a vampire no matter the circumstances.

Obsession was a very likely possibility, many vampires fall victim to obsession to cope with immortality. Indeed, he had his own obsessions, work and service for one, and an appreciation for natural beauty and its preservation for another. His garden feeds both obsessions, and he's tended it for years.

"Yes, please,"
With that permission he bowed and set about preparing a fire. The ashes had already been thoroughly swept so all he had to do was set the kindling and wood in fireplace and light it.
He skillfully set up the logs in a tent shape with the kindling inside of it, then with a snap of his fingers he produced a magical fire to set it aflame.

"What is it like being a vampire? I do not think I can ever adjust to this, yet I do not have a choice..."
He smirked and looked at her over his shoulder.
"You are a vampire now, milady. Perhaps you should ask yourself? How do you feel?"
He joked, then decided to humor her as he turned back to the fire, tending it with an iron poker.
"For one thing, I am sure you have noticed that we do not feel temperature as sharply, especially the cold. With practice you will learn that you do not need to breathe, you do not need to drink or eat anything besides blood and you technically do not even need to sleep except that the rising and proximity of sunlight brings exhaustion with it, driving us to sleep during the day in as complete of darkness as we can manage.
Those are the basics. I am sure Lord Paldwyn will explain everything else in greater detail."

Amira watched Samson build the fire and smiled when he lit it with magical fire. She had never seen - duh - anything like that before and it was pretty cool.

"I feel..." She paused and thought for a moment. "I feel like I want to kill everyone, I am constantly hungry, I am more angry than I have ever been in my life, and I miss my family and fiancé."

It was all honest. She was mad. She wanted to go back to that stupid party and not fall for Emric's charms and promises. She did not say anything else as Samson started to answer her question with actual information.

"I will say that I am very glad that I can still taste food and drink. That is one plus so far," she emphasized this by taking a drink of wine.

"Samson, would you be who I talked to about clothing? And other things I might want or need?"

• Cheer
"I feel..." She paused and thought for a moment. "I feel like I want to kill everyone, I am constantly hungry, I am angrier than I have ever been in my life, and I miss my family and fiancé."
He nodded as he stood up, leaning the poker beside the fireplace.
"Well, your self-control thus far has been exemplary, as far as your hunger goes. You've refrained from touching the blood.
I am afraid I cannot make you miss your old life any less, but should you ever need a listening ear I am here to serve."

"I will say that I am very glad that I can still taste food and drink. That is one plus so far," she emphasized this by taking a drink of wine.
"Yes, it's quite fortuitous. On occasion I have opportunity to frequent the kitchen, but we so rarely have guests that I never get to cook anything of variety. As I said, I am more than willing to arrange a menu for you if you would like to make a list of your favorite foods."
"Samson, would you be who I talked to about clothing? And other things I might want or need?"
"Of course. I will have some clothing sent up to your room, and I can arrange a seamstress to come up from the village to have you fitted for your own wardrobe. I can imagine that you would like to get out of that party dress and into something more comfortable."
His eyes widened and he snapped his fingers as another thought dawned on him.
"Which reminds me, shall I have a bath drawn for you? While I commend you for your beauty and poise under pressure, you still look quite a bit disheveled from your seven days of house arrest."

"I feed from Emric before you came so I am fine right now. At least for a little while, I guess." Amira said in response to his comment on her self control. There was something about Emric's blood that filled her and made her feel stronger than ever before. Perhaps it was something with their creator created link.

"I prefer pants or much simpler dresses. I do not dress up like this unless it is for parties," she told Samson.

She let out a small ohhhh when he mentioned a bath. "Yes! One thousand times yes! I have never felt so gross in my life." And it was not just from being undead.

• Cheer
"I feed from Emric before you came so I am fine right now. At least for a little while, I guess."
"His blood does help, but do not undersell yourself. As a fledgeling the hunger is nearly constant and all consuming, it is like trying to fill a bottomless abyss with cups of water. It is good that you show this much restraint early on, it will serve you well in the years to come."

"I prefer pants or much simpler dresses. I do not dress up like this unless it is for parties," she told Samson.
He nodded, "Of course. I could only imagine how a dress would be a disservice to one who could not see. I shall see what I can find. All the same, we do keep a strict dress code when attending meals or receiving guests."

She let out a small ohhhh when he mentioned a bath. "Yes! One thousand times yes! I have never felt so gross in my life." And it was not just from being undead.
He bowed, "In that case, I shall return presently. You may avail yourself of the blood if you so feel the craving."
He turned and left the room, leaving the trolley and its refreshments for her.
In short order a steaming hot bath was being prepared in another room.

Another feature of this castle, aside from the Lord and his steward, was the presence of other servants. Men and women either turned or under thrall of himself or Lord Paldwyn. These people, under the guidance of Samson, worked and maintained this castle, keeping its structure in perfect condition for many years.

Samson returned after about twenty minutes, knocking on her door.
"Milady. Your bath is ready, I shall escort you."

Amira did take the shot of blood that Samson had brought. It was so satisfying and she wanted more already. If she did not think about it, she had an easier time not wanting it. She had thought about it, she had had some, and now she wanted more. She really hated this whole vampire thing with a fiery passion.

While Samson was away, she drank some wine and just relaxed. She still wanted to fall asleep and wake up to this all being a bad dream.

Once Samson returned, she stood and followed him out of the room. "Please, lead the way," she said with a small smile.

"Please, lead the way," she said with a small smile.
He led the way down the hall a short ways and down a flight of stairs. Opposite of the direction that Lord Paldwyn had taken her the first time, so the paintings she saw decorating the walls were mostly scenic ones, with a few family portraits of the Paldwyn's extended bloodline here and there.

They came to a door on the left.
Samson opened it and ushered her inside.
The room was spacious and well lit by lantern light, a large iron bath was situated by the far wall, full of steaming hot water, a folding partition was situated to provide privacy for dressing and bathing.

"A maid will be in shortly to leave you a change of clothes. Do you require anything else?"

"No, thank you Samson. You have been quite helpful already," Amira said as she went behind the partition to start changing. Once she was free of the dress that had become a prison in itself, she slowly stepped into the bath and sank down low into it with a soft sigh of happiness.

The hot water enveloped her in its embrace and she laid her head against the back of the iron tub. She was so relaxed that she eventually fell asleep or perhaps she was so relaxed that it felt like sleep.

She was not sure how long had passed but the water was starting to grow cold and she frowned. She needed a tub where the water would always be hot.

"No, thank you Samson. You have been quite helpful already,"
He bowed and took his leave so she could enjoy her bath in peace and privacy.
Soon after there was a light knocking on the door. With permission a maid will enter baring clothing which she had requested for comfort, she also brought fresh towels and a robe.

The maid seemed unresponsive to being spoken to or addressed in any way. A girl in her mid twenties with dark hair, but a blank expression on her face. With her duties concluded she would curtsy and leave. A thrall...

Samson was busy in the meantime, coordinating a few things with the staff. Making arrangements to accommodate their guest.
He expected her to remain a guest for quite some time... Until she accepted Lord Paldwyn's advances and became Lady Paldwyn, and from what he's observed of her so far, it will take a long time for her hatred and anger to fade.
He wondered what would happen if she were to successfully kill Lord Paldwyn. He had heard some stories of entire vampire strains being exterminated by killing the sire... Of course, there was no way to know if this was consistent across all strains, or if their strain was included in the exceptions.
Certainly one could argue that this isn't always true, as evidenced by many rogue vampires wandering Arethil, of course it's equally difficult to prove that their sires were truly dead or not. The oldest of their affliction were notoriously difficult to kill with any permanence.

And if he did survive the destruction of his sire, what would he do? Leave? Continue to work here perpetually as the keeper of the castle and steward of the kingdom?
Perhaps, however unlikely, he should consider his options on the possibility, lady Renata seemed determined...

When she was finished with her bath she would find Samson waiting patiently outside the door.
"I trust you feel much better now, milady?"

Amira finally removed herself from the bath once it had gotten cold. She dried herself off and dressed in the soft pants and shirt. Amira also braided her long curly hair before she finally left the bathing room.

She was surprised to find Samson waiting outside the door, but she supposed that it made sense for him to be waiting. She was sure he was extremely patient since he was dead and all.

"Yes, much better. I feel hum..." She trailed off and started to walk down the hall back towards her room. She all of a sudden did not want to talk anymore. The small reminder that she was no longer human made her want to throw up.

• Cry
"Yes, much better. I feel hum..."
... No no... not down that path young one... That path leads to death...

But then again... that's what she wanted at this point, right? to die again... though not before making her killer pay.
Death truly was release for those who cannot escape life.

Perceptive as he was, he picked up on the trailing thought and chose to not press her. There were many truths for her to learn, but this was enough for now... She's had enough.
He followed her to her room and strode ahead to open the door for her.
He bowed, folding his arm across his stomach as he bent his head to her.
"There are still many hours before sunrise, milady. If you would like, I can have some books or writing utensils sent up to while away the night..."
He stopped himself suddenly and bowed his head a little lower, "... My apologies, I seem prone to forgetting that you were blind until just a short time ago... Would it please milady to be tutored in her letters? There are a few servants on staff, including myself, that are capable of tutoring. Learning new things is a prime use of time for those with longevity."