Private Tales Bad Stakes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Eilerias shook her head. "No...I really don't remember. I can't remember anything after they brought me into the warehouse barracks." She looked at him, searching for some answer as to what happened, but he didn't say anything. He looked deep in thought before he ushered her off the ship and towards the Raven Club.

The walk was quiet as they made their way through the gloomy town and headed towards what she would consider the diamond of Alliria: the Raven Club.

The guards Isak had placed around the club didn't seem to have any looks as though it were unusual to see a priestess with a man by her side. She figured Ogden or Isak had lectured them to keep quiet about the two of them.

She wondered where Ogden was as they entered the club, used to seeing his reddened face any time she entered. He was probably still helping with the ship or something she figured as Isak led her upstairs to the place she would be spending quite a lot of time now.

Still, she worried Gwendolyn would surprise them with a visit and see the priestess breaking her vows.

"You don't look terrible." She laughed as he studied his appearance. "Perhaps we can get you a haircut though. It's getting a little unruly for you." She put her hand on his face and rubbed it. "Your face is a little scratchy as well!" She followed his gaze to the bath and her smile matched his.

"Perhaps we should take a bath as we are both disgustingly filthy." She waited for him to fill the tub as she sat on the edge of his bed, carefully removing the bandages on her hands. She knew it was often pointless to heal herself, but she let the soft glow of her hands seal the remainder of her wounds before she walked over to Isak and began to undress him.

Without a warning, she pushed him into the large tub, expecting him to yell at her as she laughed, but he gripped her arm before he made it in and pulled her into the tub as well. Her head popped up from the water and she spit some out in his face as she laughed, getting closer to him. "Please be gentle. I'm still not in peak condition."

• Devil
Reactions: Isak Lavelle
Isak looked at her passionately after she approached him, her small hands swiftly undoing the buttons of his shirt and taking it off with ease, in a much more gentle way than when she was drunk with wine. Isak smiled at her then, paying attention to the hungry looks she shot at him as her fingers traced the toned lines of his muscular abdomen. He had a couple nasty scars there, but Eilerias didn't seem to mind. He wondered if she probably wanted to heal those marks, to ease his mind about that past suffering, but Isak wanted them as some sort of reminders.

He didn't want to look at those scars as some kind of torture, but rather as proof that he had survived his past, and it molded him into someone powerful.

She looked at him softly after she had fully undressed him, biting her lips and leaning in for a kiss, with Isak quickly following suit, before Eilerias surprisingly pushed him back, making him fall into the large - and very hot - bathtub. He could hear her laughter from the moment she put her hands on his chest and shoved him, but through some stroke of luck, as well as his agility, Isak managed to grab hold of her wrist and pull her along with him, with Eilerias falling into the water with him.

She rose shortly afterwards, spitting some water on his face as she laughed. She got closer, her hand slowly reaching for his face as she looked at him tenderly. She asked him to be gentle, given her conditions, and even if Isak didn't say anything, she could tell that he would take all the care in the world, just by the way he looked at her.

"Back in the ship, I meant what I said." Isak spoke, his hand now softly caressing her face. "You are the most beautiful view I've ever laid my eyes upon." Compliments and showing of affections were still something new to him, but Isak was always trying his best to surprise her, in a pleasant way. After the smile she gave him, it was impossible for Isak not to give in to his urges and seize her lips, kissing her like it was the last thing he could do, like his life would be over soon. He had missed her taste so much.

Still, he slowed down a bit and started to give her small kisses along her jaw before going for her neck, wanting to relax her. After everything she went through back in Cerak, and then almost losing her life to heal him, it only felt right that Isak could work on giving her a easeful night filled with pleasure. And so, they spent nearly a hour there, melting in each other's arms, Isak taking her passionately but gently, rocking the water over and over, but being careful not to hurt her. He loved it when they did it slower, just their bodies dancing in a loving rhytm, their eyes meeting several times where words didn't need to be spoken.

They loved each other deeply, and every time his brown eyes met her golden ones, they could feel it. When they were too tired to keep going, Isak just gently pulled her to his arms, holding her between his legs as they sat in a loving embrace, the warm water of the bath soothing them, like it was washing away every pain they felt from that journey.

In that moment, it was just them again, losing themselves in their own world, and Isak loved every bit of that. He leaned in closer to her face, whispering to her ear with his rasp voice. "I love you." He felt that those words rolled easier off his tongue now, and his heart was so full of happiness and joy that he could say them to her many times over. He wanted her to know how much he loved her, and that he would give her the entire world, if only she asked.

Afterwards, Isak spent a few minutes in silence, deep in his thoughts, thinking about what happened in Cerak. He felt like it could be a good moment to know more about her, to ask her about the origin of her powers. "Eile, how did you come by your powers? Your light... and your shadows." He looked at her, curious, his fingers slowly travelling over her damp shoulders while she leaned against him. "Do you fear them?"

Isak knew plenty about fearing the darkness inside him.

• Bless
Reactions: Eilerias
She blushed and her skin went hot as he complimented her. The way he spoke to her was intoxicating. She couldn't get enough of it as his kissed her and called her beautiful.

He listened to her and obeyed her wish to be careful with her. Her body no longer ached, but she was still feeling the effects of everything that had happened in Cerak. She shut her eyes and pressed herself up against his chest as he began to kiss her neck. She laughed and wiggled. "That tickles!" She tried to get free of his grasp as she laughed, only to be pulled back in so he could continue.

Water had been splashed all over during their hour in the tub. Ogden would kill them if he saw the damage they were doing to the pristine wooden floorboards. She was breathing heavy as he told her he loved her.

Her smile was hard to contain as he said those words. "I love you too." She kissed him on the nose and turned around to lay on him as the water began to feel too cold. Part of her wanted to get out and snuggle up in the warm furs that covered his bed, but she was so comfortable and exhausted right where she was. She didn't even know if she could get that far.

The words that followed their silence weren't the ones she expected to hear. "My powers?" She tilted her head so she could see him. "Did you think I was lying when I said the God of Light gifted me the ability to heal others?" She laughed softly. "Well, I wasn't. I was exposed to the Lord of Light when I was fourteen or so..." She trailed off, trying to remember the details. "A man came to Vel'Anir, where I was living and he saw something in me. I don't know what, but he picked me out of the orphanage and brought me to the magnificent marble church." Her eyes lit up as she described the huge structure. "It was beautiful white marble everywhere. The pews had gold on them and this beautiful statue of the God of Light was at the front of the room."

There was a hint of sadness as she spoke of the place she was once so fond of. "He taught me everything I know about healing, though he was much more than just a healer. He could cast shields and barriers to protect others from harm. It was amazing." She wished she could explain how she watched the light distort into beautiful warm colors around the man's hand as he first showed her how to cast a shield. "I never did learn how to shield. He kicked me out for helping Gwendolyn's associates." She looked down at her hands as she spoke, mimicking the motions the man used when he showed her how to shield. For a moment, she thought she saw that same distorted light.

It must have been her imagination.

"As for the shadows...well...I don't really know." She let her hands fall back into the water with a splash. "I guess I was born with them. From what I know, my father was the one with the power. He must have been the elf. If I've got even a fraction of his darkness, I feel bad for him." She took a deep breath and sighed again, almost as though she were trying to stop herself from crying. "The shadows are terrible. They whisper lies and horrible, deceitful things in my ears anytime they're around. That's why I prefer the light. It seems to scare them away...or at least far enough away so I cannot hear them."

The water was getting too cold by the time she had finished explaining her powers. She pulled herself out and wrapped a warm towel around her body. She wrung the water out of her hair and let it hang in wet curls around her.

"So how did you get yours?" She asked as she sat down on the chair the was beside the window. "Did you inherit them as well?" She shifted her gaze out the window. The peachy evening sky was already rolling in over the beautiful buildings she could see from her seat.

• Bless
He felt exhausted, and almost numb with pleasure. She was wonderful, and each time Eilerias melted under his touch, he felt his mind going into a haze. They almost felt addicted to each other's bodies, and each time was even better than the last. He could never have enough of her, and he suspected that Eilerias felt the same. Isak took a moment to collect his breath, before asking her to tell him a bit about her story, and her powers. She seemed surprised at first, but indulged his request nonetheless.

Isak listened carefully as she began to speak about her powers, and how she came in contact with her god, the source of light that gave her the means to help and heal other people. She seemed so excited to tell him all the details, especially about the church in Vel Anir. He remembered the interest she showed in that city when they were looking over the maps of Arethil, prior to their journey to Cerak. Isak slowly put away a few stubborn hair strands that fell on the side of her face, as she continued her tale. There was a bit of sadness in the way she spoke, remembering that place and her life before. Isak couldn't help but feel guilty that she was now forced to live such a hectic and dangerous life, amongst criminals and vagrants.

He was happy to know that her light powers seemed to branch out to more than healing, with a few possibilities coming on his mind, things that he would discuss with her later. Isak knew of her strength, but he would feel more at ease if Eilerias could learn to use some of her powers to defend herself as well, and not only heal.

He would never want her to become a killer like him, or to stray from her path of kindness and healing, but Isak wanted her to feel powerful, enough so that she could never feel threatened by men seeking to harm her, like that night all those months ago.

Eilerias continued with her story, pulling Isak away from his thoughts. He frowned once he heard that her teacher had kicked her out, and his guilt became heavier once he realized that such thing only happened because of her allegiance with him, and the rest of his crew. A part of him wished she could return to that life, to a place where she felt so happy, but the rest of his body told him otherwise, and he couldn't help it. "Maybe I am too selfish to say this, but..." A small smirk formed on his lips as Isak looked at her, the tip of his fingers tracing the beautiful lines of her face. "I'm glad you came into my life, priestess. Perhaps my soul can yet be saved." He chuckled, preparing himself for the scolding look that Eilerias would certainly give him afterwards.

He had seen flashes of her power before that, when she was moving her hands strangely, something different from the light that she used to conjure up in order to heal people. He wondered if it was related to the story she had told, about the other ways that her light could be manifested. Isak couldn't help but look a bit too excited about the schemes on his head. "What if we try to continue your training, together? Would you like that?" He wouldn't force that issue on her, but Isak wanted to at least hear her thoughts on the matter, to know if she wanted to do more than just heal.

She spoke of her shadows next, and Isak could relate to many of the things she said. He heard them too, the voices coming from the darkness that filled him, the taunting and the deceit. Most of the time, he could push them back, but when the nightmares got worse... Luckily, Eilerias helped him deal with that, even if she didn't truly know. He was surprised once she heard her speaking of her father, something that she never did before, but Isak wouldn't prod into the more delicate matters of her past life. She had her reasons, and that was enough for him.

Reluctantly, Isak let go of her as she dried herself in one of the towels. He couldn't keep his eyes off her, hungrily snatching at the curves of her body once pressed against the fine linen. After a few moments of admiration, Isak reached for one of the towels, drying himself next. He put on one of his trousers while Eilerias went to sit by the window, waiting for a moment before asking him about his own shadows. Isak paused then, looking at the large mirror nearby, glancing at his blurry reflection. He wanted to show her, but he was afraid of what she could feel once she peered inside him, once she looked at his own darkness.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Isak took one of the chairs and carried it towards Eilerias, sitting close to her by the window. "Lend me your hand?" He asked softly, before he hesitantly took her hand and put it over his chest. She could feel his heartbeat getting faster, but Isak closed his eyes and let some of his energy flow to her, and soon Eilerias started feeling something else.

He tried his best to control himself, to not let the pain from the memories reach her, as Isak carefully led some images of his past to her mind. She could see a few flashes from the day he was changed - the dark and eerie room, Atreon holding his knife... Isak tied to the ground, strange symbols drawn all around him. She saw it once Atreon put his knife to Isak's heart, slowly opening a deep cut on his chest while he screamed in agony, unable to move due to his bindings. Isak used all his strength to keep the pain away from Eilerias, he didn't want her to feel that. A few more images appeared now, Atreon's incantations as he took a strange fire essence into his hands, driving it towards Isak's heart. At first, he felt nothing, but suddenly the marks appeared all over his body, and his brown eyes changed into dark flames, and the screams followed again.

Isak let go of her hand, trying to steady his breathing. He couldn't look at Eilerias at first, afraid that he might've hurt her, even though he tried to keep away all of the pain. She probably only felt stings of Isak's agony that night. "That was... the ritual that filled me with power, beyond the limits of my own magic. It's ancient and forbidden, a warlock's pact." But a pact that was forced upon him. Isak looked at her now, but his gaze was heavy with sadness and sorrow. "The soul of a demon, bound inside me. That's my darkness, and my burden."

He was terrified that, having seen that, Eilerias would push him away, but she deserved to know everything. Even though it felt hard to trust her with his pain, as it hurt her every time she tried to take it away, it was even worse to trust her with his shame. But at least, he felt safe with her.

He felt safe, knowing that her light and her love were driving some of the pain of those memories away.

Eilerias stared at the sky as Isak got out and approached her, sitting down and extending a hand. She curiously placed her small hand in his and watched as he pressed it against his chest.

It was similar to when the shadows took over her, her vision fading out and reappearing in a foreign place. She watched in horrified silence as the man cut slowly into a child's chest. She recognized the dark hair and eyes as Isak's.

The screams were deafening, but there was nothing she could do to help the poor child. She couldn't move from wherever she was. She couldn't heal his wounds. She couldn't even scream from the pain she felt as she stood there. All she could do was watch as this evil man filled him with dark flames. She was useless in this memory.

She could make out a strange figure being absorbed into Isak as the man filled his heart with this dark power. She immediately recognized it as the figure she saw in the warehouse, when she saw Isak through the eyes of the shadowkin.

A demon?

Before she knew it, her vision was fading and she was back in the Raven Club. She looked at him with sadness. "I'm sorry." She didn't know what to say. There was nothing she could have done to prevent that happening to him. It was only a memory.

"That demon..." She held onto his hands and took a deep breath. "I saw it. In the warehouse. It was only black and white, but I saw it where your body was." She looked down at his hands and traced the lines on his palms. "I felt like it was trying to communicate with me, but I couldn't hear anything in that burning place. I...." Her voice trailed off and she stood up to stare out the window. "I don't know. It was just strange."

"Thank you for sharing that with me." She sat on his lap and hugged him. She knew how hard it was to share his past by how he felt. "So what happens with this demon?" She asked, her voice muffled by his neck. "Does it stay with you forever or would you pass it down to your children, if you ever had any?"

She laughed a little. "Forgive me if I sound ignorant, I really don't know how warlocks work. Obviously my shadows appear to be genetic, so that's not very good for anyone, but I don't know much about rituals."

• Bless
Isak felt his heartbeat slowly steadying, looking fairly surprised once Eilerias took his hands and started to trace the patterns of his palm, trying to calm him down. He was almost expecting her to simply leave, to run far away from the darkness that she had seen inside him, but she didn't.

As long as I'm here, you'll never be alone again. He recalled the words she said to him a while back, his lips forming a innocent and relieved smile as he looked at her. Even seeing the worst of him, Eilerias didn't push him away, and that thought filled his heart with happiness, washing away the pain that he felt once he went through his old memories. "You... pushed it away, Eile." He said suddenly, surprising her a bit after a few seconds of silence. Isak wanted her to know that she had saved him again, like she always did. "The darkness, the pain of my memories... I don't feel it anymore, not when I'm with you." He looked at her, his eyes heavy with emotion as he softly squeezed her hands, enjoying her soothing touch.

She spoke to him about his demon, claiming to have seen it once she was in the warehouse, and Isak deduced that it had been something related to the shadow being that he saw in the burning building. He looked a bit deep in his thoughts before Eilerias thanked him for sharing some of the pains of the past with her, climbing on his lap and putting her small arms around him, to which Isak simply closed his eyes and enjoyed her warm embrace. Her scent was intoxicating, to the point that Isak felt that his senses were going numb, but he loved that unique smell of hers. After spending so much time with her, he could recognize it anywhere, like his mind had been trained to track it, to always know where to find her. Isak now tightened around her embrace, letting his face rest between the curve of her shoulder and her neck, feeling the softness of her skin.

"I'm the one who should be thanking you, my love." His voice was muffled due to his mouth being pressed against her, but he was sure she heard it once Eilerias started giggling, certainly happy to be hearing such words. Isak felt so comfortable to expose his feelings, as hidden as they were, when he was with her. He knew he could trust her with anything, and he wanted her to feel the same.

She asked him about his powers again, and Isak took a few seconds to ponder on her question. He had spent a few months studying every material he could find on demonic pacts and warlocks' curses, years ago, but he had never found anything concrete. He knew that the bond between a warlock and a demon was mostly permanent, with the only escape being a full purge or annulment of such connection, which would probably result in the warlock's death, and probably such bond would never carry over to a warlock's descendant naturally. "My life is bound to that demon, forever. I guess it will only go away when I..." He paused, unable to finish his words once he felt Eilerias trembling a bit in his arms, having already guessed what he would say. He didn't mean to scare her or make her sad, but it was the only answer he could've given to her question.

He had been thinking about that past conversation with the demon inside him, and his words about Eilerias. Isak was still trying to figure out what he meant, but he assumed that the demon probably felt the dark power coming from her, and that Isak and Eilerias seemed to be always drawn to each other, from the night that Gwendolyn took her to his club, demanding guarantees from Isak that her healer would be well protected. Back then, her beauty made him lose his words for a moment, when he first laid eyes on her, but that she also looked sad. He knew now that her sadness was related to being ripped from the happy life she once led, no longer able to walk in the path of her former teacher in that marvelous church of hers, back in Vel'Anir.

"The demon spoke to me, when you were healing me." He started, finally breaking that awkward silence. "He said something about wheels of life, always spinning in the infinite expanse of our existence, but always in their rightful place." Isak was afraid of rambling too much, but he felt comfortable enough to talk freely with Eilerias, to speak with joy about the many things on his head, especially the ones that filled him with hope and made his eyes brigthen, like now. "He said that... some of those wheels were connected. Like yours, and mine."

Isak didn't believe in fate or anything of the sort, he always chose to believe in cold hard things that he could reach and hold, like the weight of a coin or a blade. But he couldn't shake those words off his head after the demon talked to him, wondering if him and Eilerias were truly connected, even if he didn't know how or why.

"I don't know what those wheels have in store for our lives, but I know what I want." He said firmly, looking at her eyes now. "I want to be with you, and I want to help you. I won't let those shadows take you from me." He knew that Eilerias feared her darkness, but Isak wanted her to be able to look at it without being afraid of being corrupted by them, like he did. Even with their lies and deceits, he knew that they could still be mastered, so that he could use her powers to not only heal, but to defend others. He wanted to train with her, to show her that she doesn't need to be afraid.

They could do a lot of good together.

"We should get some rest. We have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow." Isak said, before his eyes looked at her mischievously, biting his lip. "Unless you'd like some more fun in our bed, priestess." With a short chuckle, he leaned in to kiss her.

A good night of rest, back in their own bed, would be perfect after that journey. But the refugees still needed their help, and Isak had promised to find them some work, so that they could get their new lives going, whether they wanted remain in Alliria or not. And he knew that Eilerias had to get back to the duties of her church as well.

• Devil
Eilerias smiled with her face in his chest as he thanked her. Something about being called his love made her heart warm and feel all fuzzy. After twenty years of being alone with no one there for here, she was suddenly so bombarded by all the love. It was a dream come true for the lonely girl who used to talk to the shadows while other kids played.

"I understand." She said as he spoke of the only likely way he would rid himself of the demon. It was hard to think of his death. After seeing him barely hanging on to any thread of life, she didn't want those thoughts to plague her mind.

She could feel his sadness creeping into her skin as he thought about her past. She had assumed he was upset about being stuck with a demon. "Please, don't die ever. At least not while I'm alive." She kept her face muffled in his chest, trying to make him feel better as she felt worse. "I need you here."

They sat in silence for a few minutes, as she tried to calm herself by taking deep breaths. He broke the silence with some talk about wheels of life and she pulled herself away from his chest. "Wheels?" She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean they're connected?"

Was there some sort of divine presence that set her and Isak up so they would end up together? Who was pulling the strings in their lives, treating them like puppets?

She looked frustrated as she tried to understand how something other than her god, Sol'Nityr, could be guiding her path. Did her god work with some other god to guide her in this direction?

She looked deep in his eyes as he pulled her out of her thoughts. There were those intoxicating words again. He wanted her, he wanted to be with her. He loved her. She pulled him tight once again. "Please don't lie to me." She whispered. "I love you and I need to thank you for all you do for me. I'm yours."

She stayed there until he suggested they get some rest, pushing her away from him so he could look in her eyes. "I'll take the second option." She turned around so she was straddling him as she kissed his neck. "I'm not ready for bed yet anyway." She pulled the towel off as she continued to kiss him down his neck and then his chest. She kissed the scars from his injuries as though she could heal them with her love.

"We can't stay up all night, though." She said between kisses. "Lidia is going to come to my church tomorrow, and it's not going to run itself." She smiled as she continued. "Plus, you've got some work to do I presume."

• Devil
He looked at her with a confident smile on his face, caressing her cheek with his thumb while he allowed himself to get lost in the golden tint of her eyes. Isak loved to spend as long as possible looking at her eyes, admiring how big and lovely they were. "Many men already tried to take my life, and they never succeeded." He spoke with a smug, trying his best to reassure her. Isak still had a purpose to fulfill in that life, and he would never let anyone take that from him, but now he also had something else - someone else. He had her, and he vowed to live, to make her happy. "I'll always be here, with you."

Isak leaned in to kiss her, their lips touching softly as they giggled blissfully, before Eilerias snuggled in his lap and asked him about the wheels he had talked about. He wasn't really sure how to explain it to her, since it was something that escaped his own understanding as well, but the demon probably knew something about their powers, and the connection they had with each other.

"Maybe there are some things that happen for reasons unknown to us, Eile." He wasn't sure what else he could say, but he could see that she was very confused, and a little frustrated. He didn't want to think that there could be forces beyond their imagination simply toying with their lives, like they were controlling puppets.

He didn't want to feel like a puppet again, not after everything he went through under Atreon.

He felt Eilerias pulling him closer, whispering loving words to him, words that gave him goosebumps all over his body. She was his, and he was hers. He loved her, with every inch of his being, Isak loved her. She didn't need to thank him for anything, but he would spend all his life trying to show her his gratitude, for showing him a light amidst the darkness of his life. "I would never lie to you, my love." He whispered back to her, reaching close to her ear as his voice got deeper. "I'm all yours as well."

They spent a bit more time in that loving embrace, taking in the scent of each other and not wanting to let go, not ever. They only parted from it when Isak suggested they get some sleep, before teasing her with a much better option, not surprised when Eilerias picked it, which was just the excuse he was looking for to throw himself at her neck and filling it with quick kisses and soft bites, something that he realized he was growing addicted to doing. He loved the sounds and reactions that he pulled out of her when he did that, realizing that her neck seemed to be one of her weak spots, and he loved that piece of information more than any lead on a deal he could get his hands on.

"I'm sure my work - and Lidia - can wait for a bit longer." said Isak, with a cheeky smile on his face before lunging towards her lips again. His hands slowly walked all over her back before Isak put her legs around his waist and lifted her up in a single motion, carrying her to their bed without breaking their kisses. Isak stopped on top of her for a moment, staring at her beautiful face as he tried to collect his breath after their lengthy kisses, admiring how wonderful and mesmerizing she looked with her red cheeks and her mouth open, almost inviting him closer. "You are so beautiful." He managed to say it between breaths, his gaze heavy with lust.

That bed was once again witness to many hours of love and pleasure as they melted under each other's touch, lustful moans filling the hot air of the room and their bodies giving it a whole new scent.

Eilerias was peacefully resting on top of his chest now, one of her arms laid across him as their bodies were still drenched in sweat, and still exhausted from their recent moments of love. Isak was tracing a few circles on her back with his fingers, his eyes wandering off to the decorated ceiling of his room, to the few images etched in the wood above them. They resembled constellations, one of Isak's favoured topics of study, being so interested in the stars and their unique beauty.

In the summit of night, they were always so bright and breathtaking, but they paled in comparison to the woman by his side, her beauty shining brighter than any star. Her light... Something sparkled on Isak's mind, the machineries of his brain working at full pace as a smile sprouted on his lips. His hand gently caressed Eilerias' bare back, as if trying to catch her attention.

"Would you like to return to Vel'Anir, in one of our travels?" His excitement sounded so genuine, even though he feared if it was a wise decision to take her there again, since he knew how she suffered the prejudice of being even half a elf in that city, and how she was forced to leave behind so many important aspects of her life for aiding criminals like him. Still, the thought of seeing Eilerias happily walking through the marbled halls of the church that she spoke so much about filled him with hope. "I'd like to visit that church you spoke of, and to see that god of yours with my own eyes."

They still had much to deal with in Alliria before even thinking about leaving again, but he couldn't help but think about having Eilerias alongside him on his journeys around Arethil.

Eilerias was laying on his chest, breathing heavily as she traced her fingers along one of his large scars. She wondered how he would feel if she were to try to heal at least some of them. She always wanted to ask, but felt it was too intrusive of a question. She worried he didn't like how he looked in the mirror. Were they terrible reminders of his past?

The scars upon his muscular body made him look very strong and intimidating, which she really liked about him. It made her feel safer, and incredibly attracted to him. There were no downsides from her point of view.

What a waste having a bath was when they were just going to get horribly sweaty and gross all over again. She thought to herself as Isak stared at the ceiling. He grabbed her attention after staring up at the ceiling for quite a few minutes.

Vel'Anir?

Had she heard him correctly?

The place that hated anything that wasn't human?

He wanted to bring both of them there...

She propped herself up on her elbows, curiously studying his face as he spoke. She thought about it for a while before responding. "I would actually." She knew he wouldn't likely face the same disgusting looks as she did for he looked a lot more human than elven. He brought up the church and her eyes saddened a bit. "It was truly a magical church. I don't know if they would even let me back in, honestly." She sighed. "My exit wasn't a very pretty one. A lot of tears shed by me, and a lot of hateful words from my former teacher. He was human and I never thought he hated nonhumans until that day. I guess he just saw the power in me and knew I would help those who needed it." She shrugged.

"To answer your question, yes I would like to visit there." She smiled as she layed back on his chest. "I'd like to visit Fal'Addas as well. I hear its the greatest Elven city in Arethil!" Her voice was quiet from exhaustion, but still she managed to sound excited. "I've never been there, but I hear it is so beautiful. It's in the Falwood forest quite a bit west from Alliria." She was proud she had begun to understand the map of Arethil a she spoke of the lands to their west.

"I wonder if my parents are alive and happy..." She yawned as she spoke. "or if I have brothers and sisters." Her voice began to get softer as she could no longer fight her need for sleep. "I wonder if they regret leaving me all alone...."

She fell asleep on Isak's chest, snoring softly as she did so. Isak probably found the snoring funny, but she was a deep sleeper and no amount of laughter was a match for her when she was out.

• Cthuulove
He felt his whole body relax as Eilerias carefully traced her fingers along his scars, her eyes solely focused on those marks over his body. He didn't know if it was her magic or simply her soft touch, but he found it to be so soothing, and he relished in the way she hungrily looked at his muscles, something that he hadn't cared about before, but that he now felt proud. It was sort of a common knowledge that most people were attracted to base looks, such as pretty faces or toned bodies, but Isak never thought about those kinds of things, always preocuppied with more important matters. Even with Eilerias, as astonishingly beautiful as she was, it was her gentleness and kind heart that made him truly fall in love with her, although he was starting to warm up to the idea that maybe she enjoyed watching his muscles.

Isak couldn't help but smile at those thoughts, looking mischievously at her while she kept tracing her fingers along the strong lines of his abdomen, perks of his ruthless training and healthy routines. As if sometimes beating other criminals and whiskering away their treasured possessions was something that kept his body in a good shape.

Confident enough now, Isak decided to ask her about Vel'Anir, about going there with him in one of his travels.

He was fearful of her reaction, but upon seeing how she looked intrigued and thoughtful, Isak started to feel relieved that she didn't simply bolted off at the mere thought about returning to such a hard place. Even if she agreed to go with him, Isak knew that she would receive plenty of crossed looks as soon as people noticed what she was, while he would pass as more human than elf. He didn't have the pointy ears or the attenuated facial features of his mother's kind, but he did take a bit after her in his appearance, especially with how youthful he looked, and he also had her blood.

Elven blood.

He looked at her then, carefully admiring every tiny detail of her face, how she had those perfect features that made elves stand out from any kind, in regards to their beauty. Isak blushed a bit upon noticing that she was looking at him, slightly confused, perhaps wondering what he was thinking while staring at her with his passionate brown eyes. He smiled awkwardly, before Eilerias started to talk about her church again, and it was impossible for Isak not to feel the bits of sadness in her voice and in the way she looked down to the sheets in the bed.

Isak could feel the anger slowly building up inside him as she detailed how she was expelled from the church, imagining her teacher, someone who was supposed to be a anchor to her, kicking her aside and showering her with harmful words as she left. Isak looked at Eilerias with his fierce eyes and his mouth set, a face roughly resembling the one he made whenever he was about to fight, before taking her hand and gently squeezing it a bit. "It was his loss. They didn't deserve you." He said while looking at her eyes, trying to comfort her. Slowly, he put his hand on her face, feeling the warmth of her skin. "You're so much more than your powers, Eilerias."

When she opened that huge smile of hers, Isak could breathe easier knowing that he had managed to make her feel a bit better, slowly falling back to his pillow as she laid on his chest again, talking about other places to visit. He was proud to see that she was picking up quickly on the locations she had been studying on his maps, and happy that she looked so excited to visit all of those places they talked about.

He had only gone to the Falwood a few times, but never ventured too deep, wondering if he really belonged in such a place. A part of him still wished to see the real home of his mother, and with Eilerias by his side, he would feel more at ease. "We will visit Fal'Addas then, and any place you wish afterwards." He said, smiling as she started talking about her parents, brothers and sisters before slowly falling into her deep sleep. He loved watching her slip away into her dreams, she always looked so peaceful.

Parents, brothers and sisters... A family. Isak liked the idea of having a family with her as well. Perhaps one day, when things could be simpler in their lives, and not so ridden with danger and crime. "You're not alone anymore..." Isak left a good night kiss on her head before falling to his sleep as well, as peaceful as her.

The morning arrived quickly, and much to Isak's surprise, he had slept almost as much as Eilerias, waking up along with her. Perhaps it was the fatigue from the travel, or their hours of love before they went to sleep, but he didn't even feel his body falling into a long slumber, and he certainly didn't expect to sleep so much. And with the way the sun rays were hitting at his dark curtains, he could tell that it wasn't early in the morning.

Gently tracing his fingers along her bare shoulders, Isak softly called to her. "Good morning, priestess." Having her smile as one of the first things he would see in the morning as something magical, and he was proud of himself now for having mustered the courage to ask her to stay with him at the club, even if it was only for a time. He would certainly enjoy the mornings where she would wake up beside him, snuggling in his arms. "Ogden and Lidia are probably waiting for us." He sighed, having finally remembered about their duties for the day.

"Will you help me look a bit more presentable, please?" Isak asked her, before helping her up so they could take a much needed bath together. He desperately needed to cut his hair and shave those initial signs of a beard on his face.

• Cthuulove
Eilerias eyes fluttered open as she felt Isak stir in their bed. "Good morning." She said groggily as she yawned. "Did you sleep well?" She propped herself up on her elbows as she looked out the window. The mornings were often sunny and nice in Alliria, but the afternoons seemed to bring in clouds and rain.

She shivered as he ran his fingers on her shoulders. "That tickles." She chuckled as he did so. She appeared to be in very good spirits this morning as she sun brightened up the room. "I had the most wonderful dream last night." She smiled as she rolled over on her back. "It was all about us traveling around Arethil. I can't wait until we can go to Falwood."

"Is it really time to go?" She groaned, pulling the blankets over her head. "What time is it?" She asked, her voice muffled by the furs covering her face. "Don't. Want. To. Go."

She held on to the blanket as he pulled her out from underneath to ask her to help him with his appearance. She laughed, as he helped her out of bed. "I'm not sure I'd be the best help with cutting hair," She admitted, "I've never used scissors for anything outside of sewing."

She used the sunlight to look at he facial hair that was coming in. "I mean...I guess I could try." She pushed him into the chair that was next to his window, so she had good lighting and went to gather the supplies she assumed she would need.

"I'm sorry if this hurts." She looked him in the eye, allowing him one last chance to back out of the shaving and haircutting.

Carefully, she used his razor to shave the hairs that had begun to sprout on his face. There were a few moments when she would cut the skin a little bit, to which she would apologize profusely as she tried to heal it and wipe the blood. "Sorry! Sorry!" Her voice was quiet as she focused.

Her haircutting skills were equally questionable, leaving some pieces a little too long for his liking. "Maybe I should just take you somewhere to get this sorted out." She said as she stood back to admire her hard work. She couldn't contain her laughter as she took in the whole picture. "Oh, its really not very good." She giggled. "Perhaps its time to try out wearing a hat?" She suggested as she set the scissors down on his dresser and made her way to the bath that Isak had filled while she was preparing to butcher his hair.

She dipped a foot in the water before climbing in the tub. It was hot, but she could feel her muscles relaxing as she fully submerged herself in the tub. "What are you and Ogden getting up to today?" She asked as she waited for him to join her. "You two had better not leave me here by myself and go somewhere fun."

• Cthuulove
Isak leaned in closer to her as soon as Eilerias started to open her eyes, leaving a quick kiss on her nose and chuckling a bit, impressed that even after hours of sleep she still looked like she could sleep for a whole day. "I did, and I suppose you did too." He opened a short smile as she propped up on her elbows, her eyes wandering off towards the window, to the sunny morning that awaited outside. They knew that the weather in Alliria was very strange, and one had to seize the opportunity to enjoy such beautiful mornings before the afternoon brought in heavy clouds and rain, pouring to the streets endlessly until the next morning.

He had gotten used to the many climate changes in that city, but often wondered if it was something related to magic, or just a fitting event to such a place.

Isak could feel her shivering under his touch, earning a few smiles and giggles from her before she laid her head on his chest again, as if trying to hear his heartbeat, before telling him about her dreams last night. He didn't know what good dreams felt like, as his mind was usually blank or filled with nightmares as he slept, one of the reasons why he rarely slept more than a few hours, and even went entire nights without as much as a nap.

He loved the idea of travelling around the world with her more and more, and seeing her being so excited about it, even having dreams of it, made Isak that much anxious for the day that they would be able to do that. "I can't wait to go there too. And Oban, Annuakat... Perhaps even Ogden's old home, Belgrath." The dwarf had never told him the reason behind his departure from the ancient and fabled dwarven city, and why he had decided to become a mercenary. He never pressed the man, always respected his wishes for privacy, but Isak felt a bit more curious now, having thought about Belgrath as one of the places they could visit.

He started moving, itching to get out of bed and attend the tasks of the day, but Eilerias wanted to stay there, which just made it even more difficult for Isak to have to leave her amongst the blankets, trying his best not to give in to his urges and jump back on the bed, to fill her with kisses and to hear her moaning his name again, just like he did last night. Eventually, Isak managed to bring her with him, asking her to fix his mess of a hair, and even with her protests about not knowing how to use scissors and razors, he still wanted her to do it. He wanted to see how it would feel like, to experience such a simple thing with her, something that they could be doing for many years in the future, once they had their share of adventures.

Isak didn't mind the tiny cuts on his face as she tried to get rid of his facial hair, remaining still as she sometimes fixed him with her healing magic, looking as focused as he hadn't seen before. He knew that she was afraid to hurt him, but she looked so beautiful with those big golden eyes so fixed on cleaning him up, it was getting harder and harder to resist the urge to smile at her, and risk getting a bigger cut to his jaw.

She moved on to his hair now, pouring a bit of water from the basin to get it wet and easier to cut. He could see that she was struggling with it too, even more than with his beard, and she had started to crack jokes about it being terrible and that he should try using a hat. He laughed a bit, water dripping from a few tips of his dark hair. He could see that some of the tips were longer than others, but he didn't mind that, already satisfied that his hair was a bit shorter now. Isak looked at his reflection in the mirror, seemingly happy with the result. "I actually quite like it! You really have a gift for so many things, my love."

He turned to see that she had gotten rid of the blankets covering her bare and beautiful body, with Isak watching in awe as she stepped inside the bathtub that he had filled just moments ago. Without any delays, he let loose the blankets that were covering him as well, before joining her in the hot water, slowly embracing her from behind, his hands dangerously reaching for some of her most sensitive spots, teasing her. His lips travelled all the way across her back and stopped by her neck, kissing it several times as he tightened his embrace.

"Just a few business deals, enforcing the influence of our little syndicate, the usual..." He spoke between kisses as he felt her slowly melting under his touch, her moans getting more frequent and her whole body trembling as his hands kept moving maliciously. "You should come with us, my darling." His voice was barely a whisper, heavy with lust, but he truly wanted Eilerias to come with him, so he could show her a bit more of his work.

Isak slowly turned her around, his hands reaching across her waist as he pulled her close enough for their lips to touch in a faminished kiss. His hands reached for her face, trying to feel her as much as possible, desperate for more of her sweet touch. They broke the kiss only to breathe a little, with Isak letting his forehead rest against hers, his eyes closed and his breathing heavier and unsteady. "You show me more of your world, and I'll show you more of mine."

• Devil
Eilerias rolled her eyes as he admired his uneven haircut in the mirror. "I told you not to lie to me" She laughed. Looking at it from a distance, it wasn't as bad as it looked up close, but it was still...questionable. She could still make out that some pieces were a little too short from farther away, but it wasn't terrible.

She watched him with lustful eyes as he let the blankets covering his body fall to the floor, biting her lip as he joined her. She wriggled as he held onto her, tickling her with his kisses. A few small moans escaped her lips as she tried to get free, unable to contain herself as he focused on her neck.

Her eyes closed and her breathing got heavy as he moved his hands around her body. "Whereabouts are you going?" She struggled to get the question out as she turned around to face him and climb on top. "I'd love to accompany you."

She kissed him on the neck as she positioned herself on top of him. She had no longer felt guilty about breaking her sacred oaths. Though she would never tell anyone, she was relieved. The love and attention she was receiving was addicting and she had no regrets about what they were doing.

His touch made all her worries disappear. Her fears melted as they kissed. The shadows were silent and the only noises she heard were her and Isak whispering their love for each other as their bodies moved on their own. "Love me," She whispered as her breathing grew rapid.

She took a few moments to catch her breath after they finished, resting her forehead against his as they broke from a kiss. "You'll have to come to the church and worship something other than me." She smiled devilishly.

Oh shit, the church.

She was late for teaching Lidia!

She knew she had Lidia waiting for her, to begin training in the church but she didn't want to leave Isak's side. Perhaps he would accept her suggestion to bring her along with on their business. It would be nice to have a friend and an apprentice to teach on the more lucrative side of things.

"I forgot I had Lidia waiting!" She said as she pulled her head away from his. Her breathing went from heavy to quick with panic. "How long have we been here?" Her face was full of worry as he held onto her arms, trying to calm her down.

"I don't think I'm going to get to the church in time to work with her before we leave." Her voice was fast, as it always was when she was stressed out or nervous. "Lidia is going to be so disappointed in me. Maybe we could bring her with us?" She begged, looking deep in his eyes, trying to convince him to let her bring Lidia along with them. "Please?"

• Bless
Isak bit his lip anxiously as he let Eilerias slowly push him back, feeling her weight over his legs when she sat on top of him. He loved when she took control, and by the look on her face, he could imagine that she was about to do that, as she leaned in to whisper on his ears, to demand that Isak love her in that very moment. He could never say no to her, and especially not to such a request.

She didn't have to wait long, as Isak quickly put his arms around her waist, forcing her closer before he started to kiss her neck again, ferociously this time. "As you wish, my love." It was all he said before he took her in his arms, numbing their minds with pleasure as they melted in each other's touches several times, their dripping sweat mixing with the hot water as their bodies felt as hot as a volcano. Their touches were addicting, passionate and also filled with hunger, begging for more.

He didn't mind that his work was waiting for him, he didn't care for the rest of dark and rotten Alliria, Isak only wanted more and more of Eilerias. He wanted everything - her body, her heart, her love... He wanted to watch her wriggling under his touch, moaning with every kiss and bite he left on her neck and on her lips. Once they finished, it was difficult not to wish they could just stay in that bath for the rest of the day. Isak planted quick kisses all over her face as he whispered to her of how wonderful she was, still catching his breath while Eilerias lay on his chest, with Isak leaning against the bold border of the large tub.

She spoke to him about going to the church, to a place of worship, but Isak already had his saint right there, in his arms. "You're the only saint I would ever believe in." His words were fast paced but truthful, still heavy with pleasure from what they had done moments before. He saw the emotion and surprise in her eyes once he said that, but he meant it. Isak didn't care if it would be a blasphemy to utter such words in the face of a devout priestess, nor did he fear any retribution from whatever god he could've angered.

She was his saint, the only saint he would ever worship.

Isak saw her loving expression turn into worry and near desperation once Eilerias realized she had to take care of Lidia for the day, and he tried his best to calm her down while she thought of a million apologies to give to the poor girl. Once he managed to calm her down a bit, Eilerias asked him to take her along in their business, something that made him pause and think for a little while. He couldn't possibly show her the shady parts of his work, but having Eilerias and Lidia close to him would make him feel much less worried than leaving them under the vigilant eyes of his guards. Smiling cheekly at her, Isak decided to give his answer. "That's hardly fair. How could I ever say no to you?"

He was surprised when she lunged at him, her lips snatching his in a long and loving kiss before they forced themselves into finishing that bath, even with all the teasing touches and lustful kisses. Isak got dressed with his usual choice of clothing, his white shirt and fine dark coat, putting on his gloves while waiting for Eilerias to get dressed as well, before they left behind the comfortable air of their room and made their way downstairs, where Ogden and Lidia were talking to each other.

She looked a bit afraid, no doubt still adapting to her new reality, but also casting some fearful looks towards the guards that were stationed at the entrance. Isak overheard Ogden explaining to her that they were simply paid allies, capable men that risked their lives for coin, in order to keep them safe. The businessman wondered if that fear had anything to do with her time in captivity with those slavers, but he'd refrain from such questions while the wounds of her soul were still barely closed.

He had a vast experience with traumas, and Isak knew they were hard to overcome.

Ogden happily greeted them as soon as Isak and Eilerias came into his sight, and Lidia also cheerfully waved towards the priestess. Isak softly looked at Eilerias before taking a small step towards Lidia, who flinched as he got closer, prompting Isak to hold his ground. He didn't mean to scare her away, and he knew she would be safe in Eilerias' care, the only person capable of making her overcome her hardships. He just wanted to show her that she was in a safer place now.

"You're safe with us, Lidia. No one will harm you anymore, you have my word." He said in a steady and confident tone, his eyes wandering off towards the guards before looking at Ogden. He knew the dwarf would certainly love the company in their errands. "Eilerias and Lidia will come with us, Ogden. I trust you set up the meetings I requested?"

A large smile sprouted on the dwarf's bearded face, before he proudly handed Isak a small ledger, which the man took into his gloved hands, sweeping through a few pages quickly. "It's all there, boss. Along with the support line to Miss Eilerias' church that ya talked about!" Isak looked at him furiously, and the dwarf instantly realized his mistake. The support line was meant to be a surprise, anonymous and generous donations that would keep her church safe and well organized, helping Eilerias' dream of expanding her faith to the rest of that corrupted city, and also allowing her to shelter many of the refugees that would stay with them. Isak feared that many of the non believers and politicians would try to stop her dream, and he wouldn't allow any of them to hurt her.

Isak didn't care for religion, but he did care for her.

"Should we stop by your church first?" He asked Eilerias, awkwardly trying to escape from her gaze.

• Dwarf
Eilerias adored the worshipping she got from Isak. Sure, she had people to worship with her, but being worshipped was something entirely different. Though it wasn't for her magic or status in the church, it was amazing. It made her happier than she could convey to Isak.

Her face of panic turned into a sly smile as he told her he couldn't say no to her. "You weren't supposed to say no, thats why you couldn't." She kissed him softly before getting out of the tub. Fortunately someone had brought some clothes for her to the Raven Club. They weren't her usual white robes, they were a little more tighter fitting, showing off the curves of her body that she never put on display.

"Did you send Ogden to get me robes?" She admired herself in the mirror as she modeled the new dress. "They're lovely, but I cannot accept them." She looked a little disappointed, but Isak would reassure her that they were hers to keep. She was allowed to accept gifts for her and didn't have to give everything away like she always had.

"Fine, I'll keep them, but please don't spend so much money on me." She begged him as she grabbed his gloved hand and led the both of them down into the Raven Club lobby. "Good morning Ogden and Lidia." She smiled as she let go of Isak's hand to greet Lidia.

"How are you feeling?" She asked the girl as she wrapped her arms around her. She made sure the girl couldn't see her hands glowing a soft gold as she pressed them against her, trying to fill her with more pleasant feelings. Her anxious look seemed to lessen significantly as she worked. "Isak is right Lidia, they won't harm you." She pulled herself back and looked into the girls eyes as though she could hypnotize her with her honey colored eyes.

She listened to Isak and Ogden exchange words. Something about a support line was mentioned. "What support line?" She shot a curious glare between the dwarf and Isak. "I told you that you don't need to surround me with guards all the time." She rolled her eyes and looked back at Lidia.

"We are going to be going a little off-lesson today." She grabbed her hands. "We are going to stop by the church and I'll give you a little tour, however I'd like to bring you on some more official business."

"Yes Isak I just want to show her around before we get on with the day." She said to him laughing at his awkward demeanor in asking his question. "Don't worry, if you'd prefer to stay at the church after today, I won't be offended. It would just be nice to have another woman to hang around with. It gets a little lonely when these two talk business for hours and I haven't got a clue what they're on about." She laughed softly as the girl agreed to come with.

Eilerias wasn't a great judge of people, growing up with no friends or family to socialize with, but she could tell her and Lidia would become close friends as they worked together.

"Ready to go, Isak?" She smiled as she beckoned for him and Ogden to join them.

• Bless
Isak admired her while she got dressed, anxious to see how she would look like in the new clothes he got for her. They were a bit different from the white garments that Eilerias usually wear, and he knew she preferred those, hiding well her body from the eyes of other people while enforcing her dutiful look as a priestess. But he felt like she needed a change of clothing, and he had picked those robes himself.

As he would've suspected, Eilerias was quick to refuse his gift after trying it on, and Isak already knew the reason - she had told him before that she never took gifts or offerings that weren't meant for her god, but he hadn't lost enough of his mind yet as to waste coin on gifts for a invisible being that probably didn't even exist. "It's yours, Eile. You look even more beautiful." He said softly, slowly approaching her as she looked at her reflection in the mirror, catching the discreet smile that was forming on her lips as she saw how beautiful the dress was.

It paid off to see her happy in that new dress, and even more happy that Isak had given her a gift. It also made him even more mesmerized by her beauty. She looked astonishing, and bright like the sun itself.

Eilerias soon took his hand and they went downstairs to meet Ogden and Lidia. The dwarf had given him the ledger he requested from before their journey to Cerak, with important people that he had to meet, lucrative deals that he had to seal, and also his plans for a support line to Eilerias' church, which she questioned him about as soon as Ogden let the news escape from his mouth.

"It's not just guards." He couldn't tell her the full details yet, not when he knew she would never accept such gift. Thankfully, she went to talk to Lidia and explain to her the changes in their plan for the day, while Isak went to confer with Ogden about the meetings. "Mister Tanner wants to see ya as soon as possible, boss. Said he had some news about yar takeover on the docks."

Isak ran his fingers over a few lines at the ledger, calculating a few numbers written there. "Good. Send one of the guards to tell Mister Tanner that we'll be meeting him at his house, later." Ogden nodded, leaving the bar to talk with one of the guards outside, giving him a small letter and a few directions before the tall man left, sword at his side.

Tanner is a very important merchant that made his fortune in the Outer City, but he controlled many of the minor districts and boroughs in the Inner City, where there is even more money to be made. Ever since the Cherry Rose Syndicate had been created, many months ago, Isak had been concoting plans to use its influence and resources from Gilgamesh to slowly worm his into one of the most profitable areas in the city - the docks. In a city like Alliria, surrounded by the sea in both fronts, whoever controlled the docks would hold the most power over the trade market, and Isak would love to get his hands in that kind of power.

The power to shake a few foundations of the city. Gilgamesh was even happy to support this plan, as he sought to bring a few of the bolder politicians back to earth, as they had grown a bit too comfortable with their influence in the city.

Eilerias approached him then, a smile on her face as she asked him if he was ready to go, just as Ogden returned to the lobby. "All done, boss." Isak gave him a slight nod in response. He looked tenderly at Eilerias now, his gloved fingers slowly caressing her hand. "To your church, then. Lead the way, priestess."

• Smug
Not just guards?

Eilerias wondered what he meant by that as she spoke with Lidia. Could he be donating to her church to keep it running so she didn't have to give everything she had to it? The idea of him paying for her to be greedy upset her. She liked giving everything she had to others. It was what she was meant to do and for him to interfere hurt her feelings.

Of course he had no belief in any of the gods that there were rumored to be in Arethil. Why would he contribute to hers if he didn't believe? It was a nice gesture, but she didn't want him to pay for her church. She bought it herself after the heist, and though it wasn't the beautiful marble church she still longed to worship in, she liked it. It was the product of her hard work.

As he grabbed her hand and she led them out of the Raven Club, she whispered a quick "We are going to have to have a little chat about buying things for me and my church." She emphasized the end. "Thank you for the dress by the way." Her tone was a little less cold as she admired the way the morning sunshine made the dress sparkle.

The way it showed off her body made her a little self conscious. She didn't want guards or strange men admiring her body. She only wanted Isak to have that luxury for she was his.

"Lidia," She called to the girl, "The church isn't far, but this is not a safe place therefore Mr. Lavelle-" she smiled as she squeezed his hand "-has placed guards pretty much all over the Outer City, despite my protests." She had a hint of sarcasm in her voice as she spoke loudly, announcing various businesses and landmarks on the way to the church. She wasn't fond of being watched constantly, but she did have to admit that having protection around did make her a little more comfortable. Ever since she got into this syndicate, she felt like a target. She was the weakness of the group. She had very little combat skills and if she were to disappear, the group had no healer capable of greater healing spells.

It was one of the reasons she was so eager to take Lidia under her wing. In the event that something happened to Eilerias, she wanted to ensure the syndicate would still prosper. It was a thought that the shadows whispered to her anytime she was alone. They told her she was weak and replaceable. She wouldn't be missed. She held the group back from being even more powerful.

Over the months, she had become quite adept with moving in the shadows, but she still hadn't figured out a way to control them. She wanted the lies and deceit to stop, but she was unable to use it to her advantage and aim it elsewhere.

After quite a long walk, and a lot of sightseeing later, they had finally approached the church. The building was old and quite obviously not structurally sound, though Eilerias did wonders with the flowers she planted outside and the decorating inside. Each fabric was hand sewn by her while Isak was gone securing wine deals. The benches were custom made from a local woodworker and the altar was sculpted by her with the images of Sol'Nityr's sword made of pure light.

Inside there were a few worshippers. She had food for them and offered shelter to the worshippers who had nowhere else to go. "Good morning!" She greeted the two women inside. She exchanged some surface level conversations- asking how their past few weeks have been. She mentioned nothing of the trip to Cerak to her church. She had told them she was going on a solo retreat to gain more knowledge of the Light.

"Beatrice, Ana, I'd like you to meet my new apprentice and friend Lidia." She pulled the shy girl forward. "Don't worry, they don't bite." She laughed as she showed her to the front of the sanctuary. She explained the carvings on the altar and their significance before moving on to the large window. It was there when she purchased the run down building, but she had replaced the glass with stained glass that made a pattern of sunlight beams which cast a warm yellow glow over the entire room.

She walked the girl through the kitchen and a small library before ending her tour at the rooms. "These rooms have beds in them for anyone who needs shelter." She noticed Isak following closely behind them. "I am assuming your father is going back to his regular business after this event concludes, so if you would like to stay here, there is more than enough room for you."

The girl looked nervous. "I- uh..." Eilerias could sense that her soothing touch was wearing off so she wrapped one arm around her as she guided her, her hand glowing a soft gold.

"Don't worry. It is very safe here. Like I said Isak has guards all over." She looked at him again. "Though I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you stayed in a spare room in the Raven Club, would you Isak?" She shot him another smile that he couldn't refuse.

"And that is the church. You are welcome here whenever. I'd like to begin teaching you some healing tomorrow but today we have more official business." She pulled the girl along, grabbing Isak as she moved back to the large doors to let them outside. "Shall we get going?"

• Bless
Isak froze for a moment when Eilerias got closer, her words as cold and serious as he had ever seen, telling him that they would have to talk about the 'support line' that Isak had created for her church, later. He knew she would refuse any kind of help, and that she would resent him for meddling in her religious affairs, but Isak was nothing if not stubborn. He wanted to help, to be of use to something other than shady deals or beating people to death.

He said nothing, merely nodding his head slightly before Eilerias took his hand and led them out of the club, feeling a bit relieved once she whispered of gratitude about her new dress, while Isak focused on the glittering details of the piece as the sun touched them, making Eilerias even more radiant than she usually was. At least Isak had gotten something right and she seemed to appreciate his gesture in that regard, even if he knew that she felt bad to see him spending money on stuff for her.

He didn't care for the money anyway, he had lots of it. What he truly wanted was to see her happy, even if she tried to hide that happiness whenever she received gifts from him, always worried about dishonoring her god.

The walk to the church was a bit long, and Isak spent the whole time with his gloved hand entwined with Eilerias', Ogden and Lidia following close behind. From the corner of his eye, Isak could see the girl admiring a few of the imposing structures of Alliria, and even if they weren't in the noble streets of the Inner City, that part of town still had its own magnificence. The barracks of the City Guard could be seen from a long distance, as well as a few of their garrisons around the most violent districts, and also some of the towers and lofted buildings. Eilerias would call for Lidia a few times, teaching her a few things about the city and giving some wise counsel. She knew that Isak had hired a great deal of mercenaries ever since their exploits near Elbion, when the syndicate was formed, to keep a lookout for dangers that could be waiting for them, and especially to keep her safe.

Even months before the Black Forge Keep heist, Isak was already working on putting together his own network of spies across Alliria, granting him information about all kinds of gossip and intrigue there was to know. Some more important information was always hard to come by, but he also had his own way to pry such knowledge from unwilling hands. Isak squeezed her hand a bit as well, giving her a short smile from the corner of his mouth. "I leave nothing to chance, my darling."

They arrived at the church without trouble. Isak could see some of the guards that he had stationed nearby, disguising themselves in commoner's clothing and walking around the streets, but always with a watchful look towards the church. He had only seen the structure from the outside a few times, which made him feel very surprised upon entering the building and seeing the beauty and quietness of that place. Isak knew that many of the things there had been carved and organized by Eilerias herself, as she proudly told him before, and it filled his heart with joy to see her so excited to show the fruits of her labor to other people.

They approached a pair of women who were praying nearby, with Eilerias warmly greeting them before they turned to look at Isak. He could almost sense the fear, their eyes trembling as they scanned the tall man dressed in the black, before dropping to the laughing dwarf right next to him. Shortly after, Eilerias called their attention so they could meet Lidia, before they moved on with their tour of the church. Ogden looked every bit of interested in all the drawings and statues as they walked around.

"I didn't take you for the religious type." Isak stated, rapidly grabbing Ogden's attention, who laughed about it at first. "We dwarven folk 'ave plenty of gods, boss! The god of battle, god of fortune..." He replied, while Isak looked at one of the images that Eilerias was showing to Lidia. He was actually curious to know about the religious beliefs of the dwarven kind. "I've only seen you pray when we eat, sometimes. Do you honor your gods with nothing but a few words over a piece of steak?" Ogden laughed again, loud and nosy. "But I do honor them daily, boss! By pissin' meself in ale! Hahahaha!" Isak shook his head a bit, clearly disgusted at the dwarf's comments before they headed to see the rest of the church.

Lidia looked much more comfortable there, perhaps due to Eilerias' presence, or simply because places like those had a peaceful aspect to them, something that made people feel at ease. In reality, Isak rarely felt at peace in any place other than his own office, or at his bed when he lays with Eilerias. But it was nice to watch the two women talking excitedly, with Lidia always asking questions about Eilerias' faith and her work in the church.

He almost felt guilty when they got back to the main hall, with Eilerias saying that the tour was over and that they were ready to leave to accompany Isak in his meetings. He imagined they would rather enjoy the peacefulness of the church instead of dealing with business. Night was almost falling by now, and the streets were much darker. Isak worried if they would feel safe to be walking through the dangerous districts of the Outer City at night, but he knew Eilerias would insist greatly, and he could never refuse her.

At least he had some of his mercenaries working at night as well.

Isak walked over to Eilerias, carefully putting his gloved hand on the side of her arm, seeking to comfort her. He knew she feared the night, and the shadows that they brought. "We'll keep the two of you safe." His voice was firm, like he knew she would seek strength in him. He looked at Lidia afterwards, who was also fearful of going into the dangerous streets of Alliria at night.

Soon, they would be headed towards one of the most popular boroughs of Alliria's Outer City, filled with the most exquisite events. The Silver Row.

• Bless
Isak's words lingered in her mind throughout their entire tour of her church.

I leave nothing to chance, my darling.

Of course he didn't. Everything he did had a reason and much thought behind it, while Eilerias was one to leave everything to chance. Maybe that's why they found each other to intoxicating to be around. They balanced each other out.

She largely ignored the chatter between Ogden and Isak, her ears perked up curiously as Ogden spoke of his gods. Unfortunately, he ruined the conversation just a few short moments later with his method of honoring his gods. She rolled her eyes as he spoke, cracking a small smile.

"Apologies, I didn't realize how long this would all take. I suppose we really should get going before it gets any later." She rushed them all outside after saying a quick goodbye to the woman who were still worshipping quietly in the main hall.

She grabbed Isak's hand tightly as the sky darkened quickly. He could tell she was a bit uncomfortable with the darkness. The dim streetlights barely lit up anything around them, so there was a lot of space with little to no light as they began walking towards the Silver Row.

Unlike their walk here, Eilerias had no more fun trivia about the area or landmarks to point out. She was oddly quiet as she listened to the shadows whispering to her. When they got overwhelming, she squeezed Isak's hand so he would know she was getting nervous.

The darkness of the city was hard on Eilerias. The shadows began to morph with the faces of strange people doing sketchy business in the alleyways. Sometimes, she couldn't tell whether or not they were real. She hadn't told Isak how bad it was getting, because she was afraid of what he might think.

Soon they reached their destination within The Silver Row, a rather huge house guarded by large guards who appeared to be expecting them. Eilerias got an uneasy feeling as they were escorted, taking note of the architecture and decorations that didn't seem fitting to the area.

• Popcorn
The walk to the Silver Row as treacherous, especially at night. Tons of narrow streets and drunken lowlives waiting at every corner, almost like a maze filled with dangerous animals, just itching to grab their prey. It was not unusual to find yourself with a knife in your back when treading through such dangerous paths, and that's why Isak had his eyes open and very attentive to every movement coming their way, always looking to protect Eilerias and Lidia, with Ogden walking behind them as backup, an added layer of protection.

The Silver Row was one of the most exquisite and well known boroughs within the Outer City, a nest of drug dealers, brothels and cheap taverns - the perfect place for most of the poor people in Alliria, looking for a bit of fun without a big fuss. The rich always steered clear of such parts, afraid to get their expensive boots in a place like that, but Isak had been to every corner and crevice of that town, and he learned something about them.

They all reeked of piss and death. All of them. From the extravagant streets that housed the important members of the Merchant's Guild of Alliria, to the well protected manors of the nobility, and even the dirty streets of the Silver Row... They all shared in that filth.

Isak held Eilerias' hand tightly, not as strong as to hurt her, but just enough so she would feel safe with his presence there, always reminding her that the shadows in the corners of the alleyways would never claim her, not while he drew breath. His fingers caressed the palm of her hand a few times, when he could feel her slowly slipping away in fear, her eyes trembling as she looked at some people like they were monstrous ghouls, waiting to lunge on them. "Stay with me, my love." His voice was low but it felt like a beacon to her, drawing her away from her darkness as they walked those streets.

With a few pushes and intimidating glares towards a few strangers who were looking to get funny with the girls, Isak and the rest of the group arrived at their destination - Tanner's manor. It was fairly secluded, a bit far away from the ruckus of the main part of the Silver Row, in a more quiet and even somewhat beautiful flat land. The group saw two tall brutish guards protecting the entrance, a large and imposing gate that led to the rest of the front yard of the manor, with many statues and fruit trees in different colors and aromas. One of the guards took a few steps forward, driving his hand towards Isak's shoulder and holding him tightly, which prompted Ogden to reach for his short axe before Isak put his hand to the side, motioning for him to stop.

"We have an appointment with Mister Tanner." Isak explained nonchalantly, not caring for the menacing looks given to him by the guards. The other one spoke up, loud and rough. "And who the fuck might you be? What is your business with Lord Tanner?" Isak took another one of his calling cards bearing the mark of the Cherry Rose Syndicate, throwing it swiftly towards the farther guard while his other hand reached towards the arm of the man holding him, effortlessly breaking off his hold while the man wriggled in pain.

"My business is no concern of yours." said Isak before walking inside the manor courtyard with the group after the guard recognized the mark and let them pass, his eyes heavy with fear. They recognized who he was, and Eilerias and Lidia could now realize the importance of a respectable reputation in a city like Alliria.

They quickly passed by the courtyard and reached the main hall of the manor, greeted by a servant who looked about the same age as Lidia, offering them glasses of water that Isak promptly refused, merely asking that she took them to Tanner's offices. With a educated bow, the servant girl led them all the way through the manor, with Isak inspecting a few of the paintings and other arts at display at the mahogany wooden walls of that great house.

The servant knocked a few times on the door before opening, giving them space to walk into the large room filled with strange trinkets, paintings and incense filling the air. Tanner was already waiting for them, cigarette between his fingers and a large smile on his face once he saw Isak coming inside, his brown eyes quickly surveying the room before he felt it was safe enough for Eilerias, Lidia and Ogden to enter. The servant girl closed the door and lent them privacy, and Tanner quickly poured some brandy in one of his glass cups, offering it to Isak.

"Mister Lavelle! You did not come alone... A pleasant surprise!" He said, hanging his cup in the air before taking the drink in one sip. Isak stood a few paces away from his desk, before Tanner motioned for him to sit, which he did with no protest. Ogden started walking around the room, admiring a few of the trinkets. He was surprised to see half the skull of a dragon, a truly marvelous, rare and expensive relic. "I've caught wind that you seek to expand your business to the docks, and as a man of your repute, I must assume that you have some big plans."

Isak nodded in response, making himself more comfortable on his seat. "The docks are a good opportunity to grow, not only for myself, but for the Cherry Rose." He said bluntly, and Tanner already seemed to know what he was talking about. The syndicate's influence was reaching fast over the rest of Alliria, much to Isak's efforts. He saw how Tanner's eyes wandered towards Eilerias and Lidia as they stood behind him, a smirk forming on his lips. "And those pretty girls of yours... Will they be involved in our deal?" Isak clenched his gloved fists in the same instant, doing his best not to jump on that man's throat and rip it apart. "I do not deal in human flesh." His voice was a bit rasper, with bits of anger on it. Tanner simply laughed, pouring some more brandy on his cup and drinking it in one go.

"Don't be so bland, young man. We all have our little... pleasures to indulge. And I fancy myself that white haired lady right there." He said, pointing towards Eilerias. Isak could feel the anger burning up his veins at every word that man said, trying to control himself not to blow up that whole place and damn that whole business to oblivion. He looked at Eilerias from the corner of his eyes, noticing how uncomfortable she was, before collecting himself and taking his glass cup filled with brandy, holding it in the air a bit while staring at it. "You have a wife, don't you, Mister Tanner? Lady Florence..."

Tanner almost choked on his own drink, before looking at Isak with a puzzled expression on his face. "She walks the bridge over the Eryon River every afternoon, taking some pieces of bread to the poor children near the border of the Inner City." He continued, and Tanner looked even more horrified, asking how Isak could possibly know that. "Do not mistake me for the filthy scum you sometimes work with, my lord. Or your wife may find a few dangers along that river."

He looked at Tanner now, to find the man almost crawling in fear, sweat dripping down his forehead and cheeks as his hands trembled. "Now, so we may conclude our business, I'll take those papers you prepared." Isak pointed to a few papers that were piled up in the side of his desk, along with a small parchment. Names of the people who controlled the docks, merchants of power and status, as well as scriptures regarding the purchase of a old harbor that Isak was looked to acquire. That would be his starting point in that undertaking, but he needed to buy his way into that circle, before taking over it completely.

Tanner put his stamp on the papers before handing them to Isak, who carefully grabbed them from his hands and got up from the chair. "To your health, Mister Tanner, and to a profitable friendship." Isak raised the glass cup and drank it in one go, putting it down with a short smirk on his lips before turning to face Eilerias, his face already set again, his hand reaching towards her back in order to gently guide her, and the rest of the group, towards the exit.

They left the manor in a hurry, with Isak clearly still angered by that meeting and by the provocative words that Eilerias and Lidia had to hear back there, his jaw clenched and the veins of his neck bulging. When they were clear of the manor, Isak spoke up, his words low enough so that only Eilerias could hear them. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let him disrespect you like that."

They spent the rest of the walk back to the Raven Club in silence, pondering about what had happened. That city was full of monsters, hiding behind many different masks and personas. Corrupt merchants, greedy politicians, even businessmen with their 'hidden pleasures'... They were all monsters.

Isak just happened to have the sharpest teeth.

• Devil
Eilerias felt uncomfortable as they walked into the luxurious manor. The guards were rude and the place just seemed so....out of place for Alliria. She noticed the card Isak had carried with him and recognized the symbol as their syndicate.

She was surprised to be greeted by a girl who was only a little younger than herself. What business did a young girl have serving people? She wondered curiously as she silently made her way along with the group. The scent of incense was overwhelming as they entered the room, making Eilerias want to gag, but she knew not to cause a scene, so she took a few deep breaths as she tried to adjust to the strange scent.

For the most part, Eilerias remained silent as Isak and Mister Tanner spoke about business. She knew it was something Isak lived to do, but she wasn't very interested in papers and signatures. It wasn't until Lidia had grabbed onto her hand that she snapped out of her daze, hearing something about this Mister Tanner fancying her.

She could sense Lidia becoming uncomfortable, so she did her best to calm her without being obvious to the untrained eye though she was growing increasingly anxious herself. She knew Isak was not very easy on those who wronged Eilerias and she worried he would cause the deal to go out the window or more likely...up in flames.

Finally it seemed like papers had been signed and stamped and they were leaving the manor. She slipped from Isak's guidance as she moved towards the man's desk. She couldn't hide the mix of anger and humiliation on her face as she passed the man. "For the record, I am a Priestess. I do not indulge in such disgusting acts." She hissed at him, channeling her darkness to make him feel uncomfortable. She left the room last, letting the mahogany door slam behind her as she caught up with Isak, Ogden, and Lidia.

"It's alright Isak," She reassured him quietly. "You got what you wanted right? That's all that matters." She tried to hide her anger as she looked down at her feet. She barely made eye contact with any of the group while they walked in near complete silence on the long trip back to the Raven Club.

Eilerias was shivering as they approached the club. Regardless of the season, the sea air caused bitterly cold nights. She had left her cloak at the club earlier and the dress Isak had picked out wasn't exactly "warm". Still, she was quiet as they approached, not wanting to break the silence to always be the needy one in the group.

The guards stood aside as the group made their way inside and Eilerias was relieved to enter the packed club. "Can Lidia stay in one of the spare rooms?" She finally broke the silence as she noticed how tired the girl looked. She could make her feel calm and fix broken bones, but she couldn't provide the effects of a nice sleep or a cup of coffee.

Lidia looked a little embarrassed at Eilerias' request, but it was obvious she was exhausted from their recent travels by boat and walking around all day. Eilerias expected her to begin training tomorrow, and that could not be done when one could barely keep their eyes open.

She knew Isak couldn't deny her requests if she shot him one of her innocent looks with her big golden eyes. "I'm a little tired as well." She admitted, yawning immediately after. She wasn't lying, she was tired, but she mostly wanted to avoid talking about what that 'Mister Tanner' said about her and Lidia.

• Bless
He could feel the anger coming from Eilerias when she spoke, but Isak was still unclear whether it was aimed at Tanner or at himself. He wasn't proud of his work sometimes, even being a monster takes a toll once you realize that the world is infested with them, and that no matter how hard you fight, swimming against the tide can only end one way.

But still, Isak wouldn't give up. He wished Eilerias hadn't seen that, how despicable some people can get when presented with a bit of 'pleasure', as Tanner would call it. He was but one of many such men in that place, in that world, full of his little devious pleasures at the expense of others, the type of men that Isak vowed to take down. But unfortunately, he first needed to achieve some kind of prosperity with them, to feign harmony and friendship, shake their hands as if they were partners and hope to do even more business with them. And yet, Isak always dreamed of the day where he would be powerful enough to eclipse them all, to his shadow to grow over the city and engulf it whole.

He knew Eilerias wasn't oblivious to the bad things that happened in the world, but perhaps her gentle nature let her see too much good in people that barely deserved any kind of affection, like him. He looked at her, watching her walk by his side, her eyes fixed on the ground as if trying to avoid looking back at him, a mix of anger and disappointment on her face.

'You got what you wanted, and that's all that matters, isn't it Isak?'

Maybe, sometimes, most of the times. But not now, not since he came back to her, not when he discovered feelings so powerful that were buried in the deepest parts of his blackened heart. Not when he heard her sweet voice saying that she loved him. Not when he also loved her, more than anything else in the world. Nothing was as important as her, but Isak couldn't fight back against his nature, just like she couldn't.

He could live with Eilerias hating him, if it meant that she would be safe from men like Tanner or the slavers back in Cerak.

Isak looked to the ground as well, unable to hide his sadness as they walked back to the Raven Club in silence, the guards letting them past as they found the lobby empty but messy, like it always was at the end of another busy night of drinking and games at the club. Ogden let out a heavy sigh before motioning for a few of the guards to follow him and start cleaning up the place before it got too late, and Eilerias broke the silence, calling Isak from his lonely thoughts. She asked if Lidia could stay at the club for the night, and just then that Isak looked at her, her eyes shot and her hands still trembling, although Isak couldn't tell if it was from the cold of night or from what she saw and heard back at Tanner's manor.

"Ogden will show her to one of the spare rooms, and prepare a tea that should help her sleep." He spoke with a low voice, seemingly tired from that terrible night. He tried to look away from Eilerias, to let it be known how ashamed he was of the monster they had seen in Tanner's office, but he felt mesmerized by her big golden eyes, innocently looking at him as if he could yet see the man beneath all that darkness and disdain.

How could she ever love someone like him? Isak asked himself that every day, every time that he looked at her, every time that they professed to love each other.

They walked silently towards their room upstairs, after Ogden accompanied Lidia her to her own room, and giving her a small cup of tea. Isak closed the door after they got inside, with Eilerias quickly bolting towards the bed, no doubt exhausted both physically and mentally after what happened. He was proud of her for going back and saying a few harsh words of her own to Tanner, but Isak regretted taking her there to hear such insults. He should've just burned that whole place to the ground, with Tanner inside.

With his gloves and coat off, Isak put his hands at the basin, gripping the sides of it tightly as he looked at the mirror. He closed his eyes and took some water in his hand, throwing it at his face and hair, as if trying to wash away those thoughts from his mind. He didn't wish to scare Eilerias away, but he couldn't hide his true nature.

"I don't regret what I did." His rasp voice broke the silence after a few moments, while Isak was still looking at the mirror. He didn't regret the threats, the fear he saw in Tanner's eyes, making him believe that Isak would hunt down his innocent wife and kill her if he thought about laying his filthy hands on Eilerias. "I should've just killed him, for what he said to you." The edges of his fingers were going white as he gripped the basin even stronger.

"I'm not a good man, Eilerias. But I'll never allow men like Tanner to take you, or Lidia, or anyone else, even if I have to burn this damned city to the ground."

Eilerias' eyes followed Lidia and Ogden as they made their way up to the spare room. She was glad Lidia felt safe in the company of Ogden after the whole event. Eilerias never got to know any of the mercenaries Isak cycled through as security, but she knew Ogden was a good person. He was almost like a father to them, always taking care of them and making sure they were okay when she was unable to.

She quietly followed behind the two of them to their own room, heading straight for the bed. She laid down on her back and spread her arms out wide, letting herself sink in the comfortable, plush mattress. It was almost worth the potential destruction of her reputation, staying in such a wonderful bed.

She tilted her head up as Isak spoke from his basin. He didn't regret what he did? Of course he didn't, everything he did seemed so calculated and precise. She wondered if he knew Mister Tanner would make those horrible comments before they even got there. The corners of her lips twitched into a smile as he said he should have killed him.

"You can't kill everyone for making comments." She propped herself up onto her elbows. "I'm alright, Lidia is alright. It's okay." She tried to reassure him, though she was bothered someone would think she was no better than a common whore. She worked hard to gain her status, and though it was no longer valid in her eyes, she still hid her relationship from everyone outside of Isak's private circle.

Her eyes watered as he spoke. She hated that he thought he was so evil. Dark? Yes. Evil? Definitely not.

"You are a good man Isak." Her voice was a little broken as she spoke, getting off the bed. "If you were anything but a good man, I wouldn't be here." She peeled his hands off the side of the basin, her own hands glowing softly with her soothing touch.

"Please don't say such horrid things about yourself. Please." Her eyes had flecks of purple in them as she looked up at him. "You don't need to worry about me all the time. You can't kill everyone who looks in my or Lidia's direction. We will need to fend for ourselves sometimes." She held onto his arms, pulling him away from the basin and towards the bed where she made him sit down.

She moved her hands to his back, embracing him tightly as she spoke. "I don't think Mister Tanner will be making comments like those to other women anytime soon." She smiled, though he couldn't see as her head was on his shoulder. She had used a bit of her shadows to plant horrible paranoid thoughts inside his mind when she was whispering to him as the others left Tanner's office. It was something invisible to the eyes, but she ensured he would be plagued by nightmarish thoughts until it wore off- though she wasn't exactly sure how soon that would be.

She let go of him and walked over to the wardrobe that he had filled with new clothes for her and picked out a nightgown. "Don't look." She tried to hide from his sight as the shimmery white gown slid down to her feet and she slipped into the short dress she was meant to sleep in. It only went to her thighs, which she wasn't too thrilled about, but Isak picked it out and she would indulge him by wearing all the new garments.

"Its a little...short," She walked past Isak as she tied her hair up and slid under the warm sheets. "But you picked it out and won't let me not accept your gifts." She rolled her eyes dramatically as she yanked his arm back to make him lay down beside her.

• Devil
Isak could almost feel her soft words healing him from afar, with Eilerias always looking wriggle some decency out of him, believing that he was a good man. He could try to say otherwise, but that woman was as powerful and determined and she was kind and patient, and she could always dismantle him with only a look, her big golden eyes pushing through his armor of fine suits and dettached behaviour like it was nothing. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, Eilerias could see the light inside his darkness.

And most of the times, she was that light, his only glimmer of hope in a world so ravished by cruelty and gruesome things.

He could feel her voice breaking down as she reached for his arms, beckoning him away from that lonely basin, from his melancholic thoughts, to the warmth of her embrace and the comfort of their bed. Their own bed, in the safety of their room. It felt good to share so many of his most important things with her, and he wanted it to be so much more. Isak wanted to give her the entire world, but he would settle for his unrelenting love and protection. For now, at least.

She sat him down on the bed and hugged him, and Isak just wished that the world would stop spinning and the time would stand still, so that embrace could never end, and he could forever be in her arms. He smiled a bit once she started speaking of her showing of intimidation back at Tanner's office, proud that she was starting to take a stand against the evils that plagued that city. Still holding her embrace, Isak spoke above her shoulder. "Power can be comforting sometimes, like when you did that to Tanner. Perhaps I could teach you to do more, would you like that?"

He still hadn't given up on the idea of training with her, to help her reach the full extent of her powers, like she spoke about it earlier, when she was telling him about her training in Vel'Anir. He wasn't a paladin or someone who could teach her how to better handle her light, but Isak believed he could help Eilerias face her fears, her shadows, without turning away or being haunted by them.

Suddenly, she let him go before waltzing to the wardrobe that they now shared, after Isak had Ogden buy a bunch of new clothes for her, all of them picked by him, with a few more daring cuts and revealing lines than she would've liked, but that he would love to see fitting on her beautiful body. She teased him about looking away, but Isak stubbornly set his eyes on her, a cheeky smile on his face as he watched her undress. "There's nothing I haven't seen once, or a few times, priestess." He chuckled a bit as he saw her blushing, holding back the urge to simply jump from the bed and take her right there.

She was so incredibly beautiful. Isak could only watch in awe, completely frozen at the bed, as she slipped up the thinlined dress, focusing on her thighs. He knew the dress would be too short, and that she would probably scold him for it, but it paid off to enjoy that view now. "I think it fit perfectly, my love." He said in a playful tone, before Eilerias walked past him to lay in the bed, yanking his arms and pulling him to her side, where he now lied, admiring her eyes. They were face to face with each other, laying closely in their bed, and Isak couldn't take his eyes off her.

"I have something to show you, tomorrow." He spoke suddenly, breaking that comfortable silence. He opened a short smile, the tips of his fingers slowly caressing her cheek. "At night, after you're free from your duties at the church. I'll be waiting for you at the eastern gate. A few of my guards will follow you, to keep you safe." He chuckled a bit at the end, already imagining that she wouldn't like to be followed around, but no matter how much she would protest, Isak wouldn't risk it.

He had to keep his eyes on her, to ensure that she was safe and protected, even if he was far away.

"Thank you, for your words earlier. And for believing that I can be a man worthy of you." He could feel his heart pounding against his chest, so filled with love and happiness whenever he looked at her. Without warning, Isak ended their distance and took her lips, slowly making his way on top of her as they kissed. He broke the kiss to watch her, her cheeks blushing and her breathing unsteady.

She only needed to say, and Isak would love her another night. Like they always do.

• Bless
Eilerias smiled and accepted his offer after thinking for a while. "I'd like that." She held onto him. "I'm not thrilled with hurting people, but I suppose it comes with the lifestyle. It might be necessary to learn some physical defense." She continued thoughtfully.

Her skin was hot and red from her blushing after he made the comments about seeing her naked. It was weird not having to be so extremely modest around Isak. She could let her guard down and relax, comfortable in his company.

She felt her ears twitch as he spoke of something he wanted to show her. She raised an eyebrow and leaned into him as he caressed her cheek. "Whereabouts are we going that's so secretive?" She asked, genuine curiosity spreading across her face.

Of course he wanted to send his guards to watch over her. She would have to refuse the guards after he told her what his plans were. She could take care of herself and the Eastern Gate wasn't even that far from her church.

She pressed the issue a few times, but the stubborn man refused to indulge her curiosities. She sighed loudly and dramatically at his refusal and flopped onto her back. "Fine. I give up. Keep your secrets." She couldn't help but giggle at herself as she continued poking at him.

To her surprise, he didn't continue her playful banter, but instead he thanked her. It was genuine and felt out of place given the current mood of their conversation. She was a little confused. "I only told you the truth. You are a good person and I love you." She was frustrated he was so self loathing.

She bit her lip as he moved on top of her and pinned her down on their bed, kissing her. She wriggled to get the soft fur blankets off of herself so she could wrap her legs around Isak as he moved his kisses to her neck. She couldn't fight back the moans and laughter that came with such a ticklish spot. "Maybe we could start some training right now." She suggested between staggered breaths.

~Morning~

Eilerias was up before Isak for once, shocked at the state he had left the new silk nightdress as she picked the shredded remains off the floor. She tiptoed to the wardrobe, searching for something modest to wear to the church so she could begin her training with Lidia. It looked as though Isak had disposed of most of her favorite robes, but luckily there was one hanging between new dresses.

She tied up the robe, careful to stay quiet as she did so. She made her way to the mirror in front of the basin and tried to use a bit of magic to get rid of the dark circles under her eyes. She unpinned her hair from the previous night and it fell in soft curls all around her that she could easily tame with her fingers.

The secret meeting with Isak!

She had almost forgot they were meant to meet after her duties tonight. She couldn't go in her plain robes, could she? She quietly debated whether or not to change until she heard Lidia leaving her room and heading down to the lobby. She opted to grab a random dress from the closet before heading to the bed and leaving a gentle kiss on Isaks forehead before heading down after Lidia.

Ogden was awake early it seemed as he prepared breakfast for the two girls. "Good morning." She cheerfully greeted both, tossing the dress at one of the guards that would be escorting them. "Careful with that." She gave him a stern look as she sat at the table. "How did you sleep?" She asked Lidia, taking a bite of the eggs Ogden had cooked for them. Her portions were larger than she would have given herself, but Isak must have raised his concerns with her eating habits to Ogden, who decided to put some meat on her bones.

Breakfast was quick, but she made sure to eat it all or else Ogden would not let them leave. The two girls thanked the dwarf and left the Club with the guards close behind them. Eilerias took the alone time to really get to know Lidia. What her interests were, if she had any experience using any type of magic, and other details of her life before she was enslaved in Cerak. She felt guilty using magic to ease the girl's worries, but it was necessary for the time being after such a traumatic event. Eilerias would be lying if she said she hadn't used it on herself a few times since their trip. Sometimes she woke up in a cold sweat, convinced she was still blindfolded there in the barracks with some handsy guards trying to take advantage of her.

She wasn't completely lying to Isak when she said she couldn't remember what happened in Cerak, but she omitted details she did remember because the other party members were now dead. She didn't want him to know what they did, though she would confide in Lidia the events of her short stay.

It seemed like sharing her experience caused Lidia to feel more comfortable around her. They had a common experience and though neither wanted to talk about it, they could with one another. It made the healing process better for both of them, without Eilerias using magic.

Over the course of the day, Eilerias and Lidia spent their time in front of the altar going over some very basic healing spells. Eilerias would demonstrate the motions for Lidia to follow. She would teach her how to set her intentions before she began healing and though it took nearly the entire day she was finally getting it.

After a small celebration, Eilerias stood from her kneeling position and beckoned one of the girls over to them. "Ana, can you do me a favor?" She asked the girl who seemed elated to be a part of the lesson. "I need you to bring me a knife from the kitchen." The girl ran off in excitement as Eilerias called the other girl over. "Beatrice, I need you to be calm. I promise you won't feel a thing. Lidia is going to heal you." She promise the girl, sitting her down on one of the church benches as Ana brought her the knife.

"I know it seems positively barbaric, but you don't learn unless you do." She emphasized the last word as she placed her brightly glowing hand over Beatrice's face, putting her into a deep slumber. Quickly, she grabbed the knife and sliced the girls wrist, causing an absolutely bloody mess. She felt Lidia panicking as she stayed kneeling, staring with huge eyes at such a brutal lesson.

"Lidia."

"....." Lidia was silent, staring at the bleeding wrist.

"LIDIA!" Eilerias yelled, pulling the girl off the floor and over to the bench. "Do what I taught you before she bleeds out." She ordered. Eilerias' voice was unusually forceful. One had to be forceful when time was running out between life and death.

"I....I can't do it Ms. Eilerias." Lidia began to cry.

Eilerias sighed and softened her tone. "Lidia, this is between life and death. I need you to heal her."

By now blood was pooling at their feet, staining her white robes. "What are you waiting for?" She questioned.

"I...." Lidia stammered as Eilerias moved her hands into the position they had been working on.

"Breathe. In" She took a breath and Lidia followed. "Out." She let the breath out loudly. Lidia mimicked her. They did that a few times as Eilerias worried she would have to heal the girl. She was losing a ton of blood.

After a few more seconds, Lidia's hands appeared to have a dull glow to them as she shut her eyes and the unconscious girl's wounds began to seal. Eilerias let out the breath she had been anxiously holding as the girls skin began to gain it's color back. "Good job." She said, patting the probably traumitized Lidia on the back as she retreated to the room to change into clothes that weren't covered in blood. "Ana. Clean the mess up and wake her up. She should be fine." The wooden door slammed behind her. She slipped out of the bloody robes, dropping them to the floor. Fortunately, she rearely wore shoes in the church, so she only had to wash the blood off her feet which didn't take long.

Soon she found herself in the dress she picked out. It was silver and incredibly sparkly. It was very 'elven'. It looked both expensive and revealing, showing more of her body than she cared to share. She admired herself in the mirror for a while, her eyes drawn to the dramatic slit that went up the dress, exposing most of one of her legs. It was beautiful, but very bold. Much more bold than Eilerias was comfortable with.

She noticed the darkness in the windows and realized how late it was.

"Shit." She slipped on the heels she had on earlier and ran to the front door. "Lidia, a guard will bring you back. I've got to run." She pushed past the guards who had been waiting for her and ran headed towards the Eastern Gates as the train of her dress flowed behind her.

It took a little while and she was horribly out of breath, but she made it. "Hey." She said gasping for air as she approached Isak with his guards hot on her trails. "Sorry." She whispered, waving them off. "Didn't mean to scare you."

• Wonder