Private Tales Bad Stakes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Isak chuckled at Eilerias' remarks concerning Khet, still harboring a great distrust of the man whenever he was mentioned. That man was truly a mystery, one that Isak had never bothered to solve, all that mattered to him was that Khet had been the only company he had when he was under Atreon's tutelage, and they both suffered the same pains, though Khet seemed to have gotten the blunt end of it.

Still, they had helped him with his mission of rescuing people and dealing with slavers in Cerak, and now they were also due a favor. One that Isak would collect, not for himself, but for Eile's sake. If there was someone with the proficiency over magical arts and hidden knowledge, capable enough to create something to ease Eile's pain whenever she used her powers, that would be Khet.

"Have I now turned the kind priestess into a merciless killer?" He went along with her joke, showing her a roguish smile before she told him about her wonders over the gender of their child. Isak hadn't really given great thought to that, more concerned over Eile and their child's safety, be it boy or girl.

In truth, he hoped they would have a daughter to take after her mother's graceful features, especially her softness and gentle smile. Isak wasn't sure there was anything of good he could ever pass down to his children, but Eilerias had. She had the beauty and the heart, and be it boy or girl, Isak knew she would be a wonderful mother, and that they would both love and protect that child with their lives. "Perhaps she wanted to save us the surprise? And then again, I hope this child takes more after you than me." Isak said, his soft gaze now wandering over to the bump in Eile's dress.

Shortly afterwards, the pair began their walk back towards the Raven Club, after a rather surprising morning filled with joy. It had been full of good news and a few laughs, something that Isak felt he needed after that entire month of despair, when Eile had disappeared.

She was with him again now, and Isak couldn't help but to glance at her a few times, eyes filled with love as his gaze lingered at her for a few seconds every now and then, without him saying a word.

But in the middle of their path, Isak had decided to show her her precious church again, imagining that she was worried over what had happened to it once she left. They had just entered the club's district, and the church was merely a couple blocks away from the Raven Club, which meant they only needed to take a few turns around the streets until they could see the courtyard in the distance, and also a kid that started running towards them.

Even with his clothes dirty and ragged, the orphan kept a huge smile on his face as he addressed Isak, asking him about Eile and talking about the priestess' bizarre disappearance, stating that him and the other orphans missed her. Isak already knew that Eile was like a beacon of hope and joy to that entire district, with many people knowing and deeply respecting her, the number of faithfuls of her church also bolstering over the passing months, ever since she opened it as a place of adoration towards Sol'Nityr.

Isak knelt in front of the kid as he showered them with questions, laying his gloved hand on the kid's hair and playing with it for a quick moment as he spoke in a much kinder tone than he was known for. His words had been clear enough for the kid to know that it was Eilerias herself who was standing right beside him, watching the two with a kind smile on her face. She called him Stanley, and deflected his questions about her departure with tales about adventures and dragons - lies that masqueraded a much harsher truth, something that she probably wished to keep from such a innocent child.

"Her work called her to a place very far, with great wonders that she can't share at the moment." Isak intervened as the kid kept prodding her about her so called tales of adventure, noticing how Eilerias was hesitant to answer him. Isak's look was stern but also caring, nudging the kid's arm playfully as he sought his undivided attention. "You can hear about them in the future, if you promise to stay out of trouble, and take care of the other orphans. If you do that, I can also give another recompense." Isak showed him a pouch filled with the brightest of coins, the gold glittering in the orphan's eyes. "Here, take a few of these to your brothers and sisters. Tell them it is a gift from Mr Lavelle and Lady Eilerias. And buy yourself some clean clothes." Isak threw him a few coins, which the kid masterfully grabbed middair, determined to not let them fall and risk losing them. He shot them another huge smile and thanked them, before running back towards the alleyways, probably to where the other orphans were waiting.

They always took care of each other. A concept of loyalty that Isak greatly appreciated.

Isak quickly followed Eile inside her church, where the acolytes were waiting, in prayer and healing rituals. Everything was still in order, just as Isak had demanded from his guards. Even if many of his businesses had fallen out of profit in the past month, at least he had managed to protect Eile's church, not wanting to see the fruits of her hard work crumbling to the ground, to be taken by scavangers and bandits. Lidia had been of great help as well, just as Eile had pointed out, even though the girl had been stretched thin, having to take care of both the church and also helping Ogden to keep the Raven Club alive.

Eilerias talked with her acolytes, sharing with them the news of her pregnancy, though one of them seemed determined to cause trouble, even having the gall to threaten Eile, saying she would take the news of that pregnancy to the heads of the church. Of course, she would be disappointed to know that both Gilgamesh and Isak had already started taking steps to protect Eilerias and her reputation from the rest of the church, making sure she would be able to continue her work as a priestess without caring for such things. But for that girl to threaten Eile... Isak felt his blood boiling, already scheming of ways to make that girl disappear, but Eile took care of it... with a few words and a smile.

Isak was quite surprised to see her powers of persuasion, as the acolyte quickly fell back to her rank. Before long, Eile had taken his hand and started pulling him away from the group, as Isak himself looked eager to leave that place, and those people, behind.

They arrived back at the club not long after, seeing Ogden taking care of the final preparations before they could receive their usual patrons for the night. The Raven Club seemed to be shining again, after Ogden led the guards in bringing it back to its former glow, with even Perrault pitching in. Isak could see the man who had saved him conversing with Ogden, something that Isak didn't deem as important for that night.

"Shall we go to our room before this place gets terribly lousy and packed full?" Isak asked Eile, gently caressing her hand before leading her upstairs, ignoring the cold looks from Ogden and Lidia, as well as the confused glances from Perrault, who kept asking the dwarf about how Isak was moving around so soon after those terrible wounds.

Isak could tell that Ogden and Lidia hadn't been talking much with Eile, probably still hurt that she left so suddenyl and without warning. "Ignore them, they'll come to their senses soon." He whispered to Eilerias as they walked to the staircase.

Upon arriving at their room, Isak noticed that a heavy box of clothes was present right in front of their bed, the clothes they had purchased from Alanshi earlier, but not only that. A dark wine dress had been carefully wrapped as well, now resting on top of the bed next to a letter of gratitude from Tal'vani and Alanshi. Isak remained silent as Eilerias went ahead to check on everything, smirking charmfully.

Isak slowly approached her as she looked at herself in the mirror, admiring the dress in her hands. "You looked too beautiful in that dress to let such an opportunity pass by. But also..." His hands, now stripped of the dark leather gloves, now tentatively reached for her shoulders, feeling her slightly tremble under his touch, as Isak didn't tear his gaze away from the mirror, delighting himself with the way she looked at him through the glass. "I'd rather see you without any dress at all, Eile."

• Wonder
Reactions: Eilerias
Eilerias could sense Isak's anger flare up as the acolyte attempted to threaten her, but Eilerias wasn't worried. Though Gilgamesh was now her strangely absent father, she still considered him much more intimidating than the head of the church. She was confident he could give her the security within her church that he promised. As long as she provided information, she was safe.

It was chilly on the walk back to the Raven Club, much to Eilerias delight. She had grown to prefer the cold in recent months, the heat having reminded her of those awful hours spent in Cerak. Perhaps one day they could leave and travel somewhere cold to reside permanently. Though, that was a bit far reaching considering Isak's business in Allira. It would be foolish to abandon such wealth to appease the priestess.

The club was more lively than the previous night, Eilerias noticed as Isak surveyed the cleaned up room. There was still a portion of flooring which was broken from where Isak's demon had tackled her. She wasn't sure he even remembered that, so she wouldn't remind him that it was he who caused the wreckage. "I suppose we shall go, I'm exhausted!"

She smiled at Ogden and Lidia, who paused from their conversation to give her looks of disapproval. "That man, Perrault, who is he?" She asked quietly as they towards the staircase. "He came in last night with you, said something about tracking some people. Why is he still here if they're all dead?" She wondered aloud as Isak reminded her of Ogden and Lidia's hostility.

"I don't mind." She lied. "I think if I were in their shoes, I would be upset with me too. I caused so much trouble. It would be hard to forgive that." She sighed, walking up the stairs and towards their room.

She walked over to the two boxes in front of the bed, one she was familiar with and a second, smaller one. Carefully, she picked up the box and shook it gently before opening a thank you letter from the two sisters. "How?" She asked, setting the letter down and untying the bow that held the box together. "The dress..." She said, her eyes tearing up a little bit before she turned to Isak. "How did you...?" She asked, wondering how he snuck without her knowing.

"Thank you Isak, but..." She was torn. She loved the dress, it was stunning and the color brought out the colors in her eyes, but it was not very practical. It was an expensive garment that she would have to stow away very shortly. "Thank you." She pulled the dress out of the box and held it up to her, spinning in front of the mirror as she did so. "It's still just a beautiful." She smiled, watching Isak walk up from behind her and put his hands on her shoulders.

His comments made her look away, blushing a bright pink. "Isak..." She said nervously, setting the dress down on the chair next to the mirror. "I don't think you'd like..." She struggled to find the words to say as he massaged her shoulders. "I've changed a lot." She looked worried as her eyes met his in the mirror again. "I don't know if you'd find me beautiful. I certainly don't." She admitted looking back at her body. For the first time in her life, she wasn't unhealthy looking. She was no longer stick thin, but almost curvy. While she didn't like it, she couldn't be certain how Isak felt.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Isak Lavelle
Isak was relieved to find that things were starting to fall back into place at the Raven Club, a warm and joyful ambience overtaking the grey and melancholic scenery from before, in that dark month which Isak pretty much ignored everything and everyone, spending his days locked in the office while everything around him withered.

After the attempted attack on the club, at the night of the reunion, Isak had invested some resources into preparing greater defenses for the club, and especially since Eile now lived there, and she carried their child. He had hired more guards, and even spread them out to circle around the district, always keeping him informed of any strange activities in the streets nearby. Isak hated surprises, especially those that could hinder his business.

But still, in order to keep up appearances, there remained only a couple guards keep watching in front of the club, just as it had always been. He had to be careful not to scare away his clientele after all. They greeted Isak and Eilerias as they entered the club, seeing how a handful of patrons had already arrived, ordering their drinks and setting their tables ready, looking forward to another night of games.

Slowly but surely, life in that area was healing, and Isak now glanced towards Eile as they walked around, he could see that he owed much of that to her blissful presence there.

Taking him from his thoughts, the priestess asked him about Perrault, as they now walked towards the stairs in order to reach their room. Isak himself didn't know why that man was still around. "I believe he seeks a reward, or the company of a good drink. In either case, Ogden can help him." He spoke, looking over his shoulders to where Perrault drank a bottle of wine with the dwarf, who looked at both Isak and Eile in a not so friendly manner.

Though Eilerias said she didn't mind that hostility, he knew how much Ogden and Lidia meant to her, her faithful friends in a place so treacherous as Alliria. Isak understood their case as well, imagining they were still hurting over the fact that Eilerias had left so suddenly, but he wouldn't be the judge in that matter. As he had spoken before, Isak had accepted her reasons for fleeing, and though he much preferred that she had stayed and fought against those fears with his help, he had pushed that aside, being glad that she returned.

"Stop blaming yourself, Eile. You had your reasons, but that's in the past. What matters is that you are here now, and they will forgive you in time." He spoke softly as they reached the stairs, trying to ease her worries on the matter. He imagined she was laying all the blame on herself, as usual, and he couldn't let her carry that burden alone. "A wise priestess once told me that we cannot control everything. Perhaps she should start listening to her own words of wisdom."

Finally, they arrived at their room again, taking in that comfortable and pleasant scent of home. It was their own private space, a place where they could peace and rest, a place where they spent many special moments together, something that Isak hoped to add even more. He slowly closed the door behind them, his eyes scouring the scenery to find that the room had been entirely cleaned and fixed, its old ambiance restored. The cracks on the wall had been removed and the touch of light coming from the candles around the room put a perfect touch of warmth to the place, especially in such a chilly night. After all, the window was open enough so that they would feel the cold breeze every now and then.

Isak watched proudful as Eilerias went straight towards the two boxes that were laying nearby, finding a letter of gratitude from Tal'vani and Alanshi, along with the clothes they had purchased earlier. But not only that, her eyes were set upon the smaller box, opening it to reveal the dress she had seen at the bazaar.

Not many things brought as much joy and happiness to his heart than to see that look of gratitude and bliss in Eile's eyes, even asking him how he had managed to sneak in that dress along with the other clothes. "A good magician can never reveal his repertoire." He joked as Eilerias took that dress and walked towards the mirror, watching herself as she held out the dress. It fit with her wonderfully.

"You don't need to thank me, my love."

Isak now stood behind her, his hands bare and his black coat now laying against a nearby chair, leaving him with only a white shirt. His hands carefully approached her shoulders, bidding his time to make her a calming massage as they exchanged looks through the mirror. Isak told her of his wish to see her without a dress, and Eile blushed as she picked up on his meaning, looking away and responding nervously to his charms. He smiled at her as she began to try and convince him that she wasn't as desirable as before, that she had changed much. Isak found such words to be preposterous, and so he simply chose to ignore them, letting his lips do the talking as they now teasingly kissed the skin of her neck, breathing against her.

He could feel the priestess growing nervous under his intimate touch, as Isak's fingers now ran along her arms before they returned to her shoulders, only to strip down her dress, as he watched it fall to her feet. "You are quite simply breathtaking." He whispered, his rasp voice breaking down with desire as he looked at her image in the mirror. Her body had indeed changed, as Isak noticed the curves and changes in her shape, her belly grown a bit more from the last he'd seen it. And still, Isak couldn't remember anything he had desired more than that woman. "I want you, always."

She looked even more beautiful now, and Isak could barely hide the lust in his eyes and in his voice as he circled around her, gently tilting her head upwards with his fingers. His mind had been filled with the beautiful images of the woman in front of him, and Isak soon realized he could no longer think clearly enough to form any words. He looked deep into her eyes, before he quickly seized her lips with a kiss, hungry and desperate.

"Eile..." He whispered her name many times, begging for her as they kissed in front of that mirror, an old witness to their many nights of love

The time they spent away from each other, when Isak greatly missed her touch, it had been a torture. Dreaming of kissing her every night, only to find her gone...

But now, Eilerias was there - and Isak wanted her, he needed her. He took the priestess in his arms and carefully led her to bed, trying to his restrain himself so as not to hurt her and their baby.

They would leave all the worries and sorrows in the past, for that night was theirs alone.

Eilerias shut her eyes as he massaged her shoulders, hoping he wasn't offended by her assumptions. It seemed he disagreed with her as he leaned down to place kisses along her neck before slipping his fingers into the straps on her dress and dropping it to the floor. Her eyes shot open, curiously tracking his eyes as he studied all the changes.

Perhaps he noticed the horrified expression on her face and wanted to make her feel better or he truly believed it when he called her breathtaking. "I..." She tried defend herself against her own negative thoughts before he circled around her to kiss her and pick her up, bringing her over to the bed. "I'm yours." She said, leaving the rest of their night to fill with more whispers as Eilerias constantly reminded him of Lidia and the mysterious Perrault staying just a few doors down.

"Goodnight." Eilerias stroked Isak's hair as he lay in exhaustion with his head on her chest. Soon after Isak was asleep, Eilerias drifted off as well enjoying the first night in months where she was not terrorized by her nightmares.

She woke up before Isak and got dressed, seizing an opportunity to speak with Ogden and Lidia before Isak could intimidate them into acknowledging her. She quietly slipped into the wine colored dress before tying her hair up into a bun and heading downstairs.

"Morning!" She chirped, waving to Ogden, who only nodded his head before walking back into the kitchen, and Lidia who seemed torn between returning the greeting or hiding in the kitchen with Ogden. In the end, Lidia couldn't maintain the hostility and roamed over to the priestess.

"Good morning Miss Eile." She said approaching her. "Could you perhaps spare a moment of your day to talk?" She glanced over Eilerias' shoulder at Perrault, who was enjoying breakfast.

"Yes, of course." Eilerias nodded, allowing Lidia to lead her to a table far away where the two of them could converse without the stranger listening in. "How are you? How have you been?" Eilerias asked, sitting down at the table in front of the fireplace.

"You can't just do that." Lidia stared at Eilerias, anger clear across her face as she began lecturing the priestess. "You can't just abandon people like that and then come back pretending everything is okay. You don't understand the consequences of your actions, do you?" She looked over at Ogden who appeared to be listening in from the kitchen. "We looked everywhere for you. Isak was broken for weeks because he thought you weren't coming back. Couldn't you have the decency to at least leave a letter, letting us know when you'd be home?"

Eilerias looked towards the fire, accepting the blame before responding. "I'm sorry." She stated with little emotion in her voice. "I was not planning on returning, actually." She admitted to Lidia.

"What? So you were just leaving us without an explanation!" Lidia's voice got louder as Eilerias tried to shush her.

"Believe me, Lidia, the explanation would have made things much worse. I'm sure Alliria would have been up in flames if I told any of you before I left." She sighed.

"Why would you think that...? It couldn't have been that bad. Mr. Isak could have paid off or dealt with anyone who was bothering you, you know that Eilerias." Lidia's tried to quiet her voice as best as she could to avoid waking up Isak. "Why did you go?"

Eilerias looked into Lidia's eyes, her own face full of shame. As she began to speak, not noticing Ogden emerge from the kitchen to listen into the conversation. "Truthfully, since the night of the reunion, I'd been having nightmares." She felt her eyes watering. "I wasn't sure my child was Isak's."

"You cheated on Mr. Isak?" Lidia whispered loudly, her voice almost angry.

Eilerias quickly shut her down. "No, of course not. But back in Cerak, we used me as a way to get in the warehouse to free the slaves, but after Ogden sold me to the slavers they took me to the barracks. I suppose I wasn't expecting Isak's meetings to take as long as they did or for the guards to see so much potential in me as one of the girls in the brothels there. I suppose we shouldn't have followed my plan. After all, I'm only a priestess." Her voice was once again devoid of emotion as she explained the trip to Lidia and the eavesdropping dwarf.

She snapped out of her haze and continued speaking. "Isak found some strange magic woman, calls herself a physician. She said it was his child, but I'm still a bit skeptical. It was such a strange ritual and ended in a promotion for her sister's clothing tent. I suppose only time will tell. If Isak is happy, I can be happy as well." She gave a half-smile as her eyes returned to the fire.

• Nervous
Isak felt sapped of all energy as he lay his head on Eilerias' chest, completely ecstatic and exhausted over the passionate moments they just shared, to the point that they rocked their bed many times, their whispers and moans echoing throughout the cozy room.

Breathing heavily, he closed his eyes and wrapped one of his arms around her bare waist, not wanting to let her go. He let that soothing sensation course all along his body as Eile gently stroke his hair, her soft voice almost humming him to sleep as she bid him a good night, to which Isak replied with silence, having already fallen into a deep sleep, a tiny smile appearing on his lips.

Isak drifted in towards the best sleeping night he's had ever since Eile returned, using the priestess herself as a warm pillow and cuddling to her as she eventually turned, falling to her sleep as well. Over the course of the night, Isak had woken many times, worried that she could be having nightmares again, only to find her sleeping just as peaceful as she once slept, back when their lives weren't nearly as complicated as they were now.

Without any strength left to keep his eyes open, Isak succumbed to his sleep again.

He woke up to find that Eilerias had already got up and gone from their bed, groaning as he kicked himself around the bed, greatly displeased to not find his precious priestess still embraced with him in the morning. Still, he took a moment to feel her sweet scent, impregnated on their bed sheets again, along with the aroma of their night of love and lust.

Even against his will, Isak eventually got back on his feet and picked up his clothes, dressing up with his usual white shirt and rolling up his sleeves before he headed downstairs, only to find Perralt tucked away in some corner, already occupied with his drink, as well as Eilerias and Lidia conversing, though with high spirits and a tense feeling, as Ogden silently observed, forever intrigued, as was the nature of the very curious dwarf.

He arrived in silence, watching the two woman talking just as Isak overheard Eilerias speak something related to him, saying that she'd be appeased if he was happy, but that only time would tell. He stood confused, but decided to save any questions for later, as that breakfast seemed to have become awkward already.

"Morning, my love." Isak said as he approached her, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek before reaching towards a clean plate, and beginning to fill it with the food that Ogden had prepared for the morning. Save a few remarks, they all remained in silence as they ate, perhaps too removed in their own thoughts to break the ice. Not that silence bothered Isak, on the contrary, but he felt as if there were things not being spoken due to his presence there, and he hated to be kept in the dark.

"If there's a problem, it better be spoken. Are you finding issue with anything, Ogden? Or is it you, Lidia?" He roughly addressed the both of them, who struggled to find any words to answer him. Eventually, Isak moved his gaze towards Perrault. "And what of you, sellsword? What is your business here?" He asked just as Perrault appeared in the vicinity of the kitchen, asking Ogden about some more drinks before he could head back to the lobby, where he was sitting before.

Perrault sighed annoyed, before finding the will to answer Isak. "I was after a few people, and now they're dead. I was hoping to find work, or at least a place to stay." He answered, grabbing another bottle of wine given to him by Ogden. "I don't know what's happening around here, and quite frankly, I don't really care. But I've heard stories of this place, this Raven Club, and I wanted to see it with my own eyes. I can be of help, if you ever need me."

The group stood in silence as Perrault excused himself, taking a long sip of the bottle before disappearing from the club. With no taste left in his mouth, Isak glanced over at Eilerias, a soft look that spoke of how he was worried about the treatment she had been receiving from both Ogden and Lidia. "We should leave for the Shallows now, before the hours catch up to us." He suggested, leaving the table and standing near Eile in order to help her up. "I'll be waiting for you at the entrance." He shot Ogden and Lidia a cold look before leaving the kitchen, putting on his gloves and waiting for Eile at the club's doors.

Upon her imminent arrival, Isak extended his hand to her before they left the club, and that very awkward breakfast, behind. The whole air had been feeling heavy back there, so they made no motion of even looking back on the place, casually walking the streets of Alliria in the morning, while being often greeted by a few civilians. Isak and Eile's reputations had grown exponentialy in the past months, as the whispers of a relationship had turned into concrete knowledge, and now they were all looked upon with certain admiration.

One of the most powerful man in all of Alliria, feared and respected in the entire city, and especially in those buroughs of the Outer City, walking side by side, hand in hand, with the well loved Priestess of Light, she who cured everyone's ailments and had always been a gentle ear in times of need.

Every once in a while, they could even see a few boys and girls envying them, but Isak simply chose to ignore such gestures, though he was amused to glance at Eile's more reserved and seemingly nervous reactions. Still, it was refreshing to know that they could enjoy a more public life, with Gilgamesh and the Cherry Rose's protection, and also the power of Isak's own influence, aiding in that protection.

It didn't take long for them to finally reach the eerie streets of the Shallows, already feeling disgusted at the terrible smell that came out of the swamps and slums. Still, being there came as a necessity again, so the pair simply pushed forth, taking advantage of the rather empty passages at morning. They reached the outside of Khet's house without any issues, and before they could even announce themselves, the door opened suddenly, a chilling breeze hitting them in their faces.

Isak looked over to Eilerias, making sure she was certain about returning to that place, before finally stepping inside with her. Khet greeted them from the shadows, clearly happy to be seeing them again, although in his own strange way.

"Oh, the lovebirds return, and bearing a surprise! Already plotting on a successor, are you, Mr Lavelle?" He teased, referring to the baby that Eile carried, now finally stepping out of the shadows to reveal his malformed frame, his face covered with a dark hood, though his wicked grin could still be seen. "I'm very grateful for your past assistance, but I must ask... To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

Isak bid his time, glaring at the man with great hostility. He knew Khet wouldn't try anything against them, especially after their involvement in helping him, but still, he was a constant reminder of a very dark past, something that would always bound him to Atreon and all the terrible things done to them. But Isak remembered something even more important.

Eilerias. They were there for her.

"A favor." Isak spoke, bluntly. "Eilerias believes your magical knowledge can aid us in a quite important matter."

• Bless
Eilerias flinched as Isak spoke, unaware of how long he had been standing there. "Good morning," She smiled softly as she watched him move about the room, filling his plate with food. She noticed Ogden had also been listening nearby as he gave her an apologetic look. She looked away, realizing that he had overheard their whispers.

"Morning Mr. Isak!" Lidia forced an overly cheery voice as everyone gathered for what would end up being a very awkward breakfast for all of them. Eilerias seemed to return to her old habits, poking at the food on the plate but eating none of it as they all maintained an awkward silence.

"Please calm down." Eilerias tried to sooth Isak as he began directing his angry words towards Ogden and Lidia. "They are alright. I was just having a talk with Lidia. Everyone is fine."

She looked towards the door where Perrault appeared and explained himself to the group, but offered no response as Isak suggested they leave immediately to visit Khet. "I...yeah, let's go." She agreed, allowing him to leave before her. "I'm sorry." She mouthed to Ogden and Lidia, an apology for Isak's misdirected hostility.

Look at them. They're staring at you. The voices whispered as they had began walking through the morning crowds. They probably feel sorry for you. Poor little priestess gave her heart to the first person to show her attention and now...well look at you!

"Shut up." She muttered to herself.

Truthfully, she was not fond of the public knowing of her. It was always her preference to lie under the radar and do her work with nothing but the satisfaction of a job well done. She didn't want people to know her name.

Maybe it was Isak spread news of you two. He must have known if people know who you are, you can't leave again like you did all those years ago...Sylvanna. The shadows dragged out her name like a knife on her skin.

As they approached the Shallows, Eilerias was overwhelmed by the horrid scent. Though she was no longer experiencing the same morning sickness, she was struggling not to throw up from the smells. Her skin went from pale to sort of greenish by the time they reached Khet's house where the door was already opening to allow them entry.

Eilerias nodded as Isak looked to her for approval, stepping inside behind him where Khet began speaking...happily? She reached to cover her stomach protectively as he mentioned a successor. She was terrified of her innocent child being dragged into their world. She would give anything to prevent them from being forced into taking over such a dangerous lifestyle.

She watched Khet as he turned to her, both him and Isak allowing her to explain the circumstances of their visit. "Yes, a favor." She agreed with Isak. "I need something. A potion, an artifact, anything. I just need something to stop myself from feeling everything." She stumbled over her words as she tried to explain to the man she was still angry with. "I need something to suppress my own magic. I believe this child is amplifying my own magic. While it helps with my own healing, its hurting me...moreso than usual. We are worried its not safe for us."

• Cthuulove
Isak couldn't help but notice how Eilerias looked protective of their child once Khet stepped out of the shadows, provoking them with mentions of a possible heir to Isak's empire of crime. In truth, he was happy to see how motherly Eile was already acting, her first instinct being to protect the child at all costs, but also, he would never dare to think of something like that.

He hadn't chosen that life, and he would give anything to live under far simpler circumstances, in a much better place, alongside Eile and their child. Isak would do everything to protect her and the child from that dangerous and unpredictable world.

Trying his best to remain calm so as not to upset the priestess, Isak refused to give in to Khet's tauntings, ignoring his words and explaining their need for a favor of his. The malformed magical scholar listened carefully as Eilerias went in detail about what she needed - something to suppress her magic, given that the child growing inside her seemed to be amplifying her powers, to a point where even the smallest feat of healing brought her great pain, and could possibly endanger their child's life, as well as her own. Isak looked away from her for a moment, feeling guilty. He was happy to have a family, and was incredibly overjoyed for becoming a father, but it didn't feel right to put Eilerias through that.

First, her reputation, her life as a priestess of Light... and now this. He had dragged her into a world totally unknown and dangerous to her, surrounded by threats and now with a responsibility to care for another life, to endure the pains and duties of a mother.

She would probably feel the heavy emotions flowing out of him in that moment, but Isak did his best not to show anything. It would never be anyone's fault but his own, as Gwendolyn had once said, and all he could do now was protect the two most important people in his life - Eile and their child.

After Eilerias explained their predicament, Khet opened a rather genuine smile, looking over to his 'brother', a bound born out of familiar suffering, when they were both shackled by Atreon's evil greed. "Yes, I can sense it as well. The energies inside you are growing, priestess." Khet spoke, looking back at Eilerias now. He took a few steps back, walking towards one of his tables, filled with strange potions and ingredients. "I know just the thing! Magical annulment, but luckily to you, of a different kind." He continued, before reaching for a vial filled with a substance that more looked like water, uncolored and particularly bland, compared to all the other potions.

Thinking upon it, Isak grew wary of what effects such annulments would bring to Eilerias and her powers, but Khet almost seemed as if he read his mind, returning to them with the potion in hand and already sharing some of his knowledge about it. "Fret not, lovebirds. This little potion will harm nor Eilerias or the child. Her magic is already powerful enough that the potion will act as a simple painkiller, instead of completely nullifying her powers. It will inhibit the stronger side effects of your healing, and protect the child, as well as yourself, whenever your powers come out. Though the cost of replicating this potion will be rather... Well, let's just say that I don't work for free, not even for a friend." He laughed, glancing over at Isak maliciously.

"There is a drawback, of course." Khet alerted them, now visibly more serious than he had been before. "Alchemy is an art, but it is not perfect, and it can't perform miracles, at least not those that stem from divinity. Using your magic continuously will slowly hinder the effects of the potion, which means you will have to take more if you want to keep the pain away."

After a moment in silence, pondering over Khet's words, Isak finally spoke again. "If it keeps Eile and the child safe, you will have all the coin you need to manufacture this potion." He glanced at the bump in Eile's stomach, determined to do whatever necessary to keep the both of them safe. Khet bid them farewell, telling them that he needed to start securing more ingredients to keep fabricating that potion, as well as jokingly saying to Isak that he would put that order in his tab. Isak paid no heed to the man, being taken back into his thoughts from earlier, blaming himself for what Eile was going through.

Ashamed, he tried to avoid her gaze before they walked back outside, back to the foggy scenery of the Shallows. At least, everything was still quiet and almost peaceful, in those hours of the morning. The people of the Shallows only preferred to come out at night, when it was safe for those swamp dwellers to go about their dirty businesses.

In that quietness, he could hear Eilerias walking up to him, and Isak now slowly turned to face her, as he felt her hands upon his arm. "I'm sorry." He whispered as he closed his eyes, fearful of her reaction. He wanted to apologize for all the pain he had put her through, ever since they met.

• Thoughtful
Eilerias stayed in place, watching curiously as the disfigured man crept around in the dark searching for something amongst his collections of strange colored potions. "A different kind?" She asked quietly, staring at the vial which looked like water. She held it up to the light after taking it from Khet, noticing that while it was perfectly clear, it was very viscous, like a syrup. She sniffed it, recoiling at its bitter scent.

She looked back at Khet as he explained the mechanisms of the potion, reassuring her that it was safe and would not prevent her from doing her work, though it would wear off over time as long as she was using her own magic. She nodded sadly, realizing she would have to be more selective with her use of magic for the time being. "What is the cost?" She asked before Isak could offer to pay. She felt guilty, making him pay for things that weren't his fault, but it seemed like that was one thing she always forced on him. Reluctantly, she allowed him to continue with his offer.

"Thank you, Khet." Eilerias bowed to the man as he handed her a few more small vials of the potion, telling her to use them in the event that they began to wear off. Stepping outside, she placed the bottle to her lips and quickly drank it, shuddering at the foul taste. "Ugh." She groaned, gagging for a moment before taking a deep breath. "That was terrible." She laughed lightly as Isak turned to face her, obviously in a different mood.

"Sorry for what?" She asked, tilting her head to one side. "There isn't anything to apologize for." She tried to reassure him, though she was still very confused as she dragged him along with her in the direction of Alliria. "Though if we don't leave the Shallows soon, I might not forgive you. This place is making me nauseous and this potion is not exactly helping." She tried to lighten the mood.

• Cthuulove
Isak almost looked in pain as his brown eyes drifted towards Eilerias, disgusted with himself. "For this." He pointed to the empty vial in her hand, the potion that Khet had crafted to nullify the side effects, the pain, of using her light to heal while she was pregnant. Eile didn't deserve to suffer the pain for Isak's own selfishness. "I'm the one who brought you this pain... It's not fair, Eile." He closed his eyes, ashamed and fearing that she did blame him for that predicament.

He knew it wasn't forced, that it was true their love that Eile now would have that child, even with all the 'complications' along the way. Their life was never dull and without adventures, but he still could never be at ease, thinking of bringing a innocent child, and also endagering Eilerias, into that world of shadows.

Alliria was barely a safe place for them, let alone for a child. Even with all the arrangements that he was taking care of, Isak still felt that there was more to be done.

"I promise, I'll protect you both." Isak spoke, his rasp voice following the opening of his eyes again as he now stared at the priestess' marvelous purple and gold colored eyes. Deep inside, a part of him was anxious to see Eilerias as a mother, imagining that her big heart could always protect and love that child more than anyone. That thought brought him some measure of peace, a hope that they were only nervous about the notion that they were parents now.

Before long, she was dragging along the frail and stinky passages of the Shallows, right above the foggy swamp, complaining about that terrible smell and joking about not forgiving him if she was to feel ill again, due to being in that horrible place. He could tell she was trying to lighten the mood, and he was always grateful whenever she did that, her words soothing him rather than her magical touch.

Eilerias always had a way to calm him, to keep Isak grounded, and most times she didn't even have to use her magic for that.

"You'll end up taking my arm off if you keep running this desperately, miss priestess." He joked after her, a shy smile sprouting on his face as they finally left the Shallows, walking back to the twisted comfort of the familiar Outer City, passing by a few market stalls in search for food. That breakfast had barely satisfied their morning hunger, especially with the awkwardness of it all, but Isak hoped that a few fresh apples would suffice.

"Have you had any word from the others after your return?" Isak asked as they calmly strolled about, blending with the rest of the people who walked around the marketplace. He took a bite of his apple before glancing over at Eilerias, just by his side. He imagined that Charity and Gwendolyn had been desperate about Eile's sudden disappearance as well, especially since not even Alliria's most fabled information broker couldn't find her.

In those dark eyes, he had distanced himself from the rest of the Cherry Rose as well, and he regretted it now. Charity and Gwendolyn were important to Eilerias, her family now, as strange as that was. Amadeus had been of great help in securing her reputation in the church, along with Isak's own help in... persuading some important people around Alliria. Isak only hoped that Eilerias wouldn't be disappointed at him for pushing everyone away, especially the people who cared for him.

After what felt like hours of pleasant conversations about their lives, they finally reached the Raven Club again, though the night had not yet fallen. Patrons were already standing in line, being searched by the guards for any sharp objects or strange weapons, desperate for their turn to enter the lobby and gamble their well earned coins away. Isak squinted as he neared the front doors, noticing that Perrault stood there, talking with one of the guards. The sellsword turned almost immediately as he noticed Isak and Eilerias approaching, a look of great worry on his face.

"Mr Lavelle, Miss Eilerias. There's something you might want to hear." He spoke after walking up to them, almost begging for their attention. "What is it, Perrault? Are you still looking for work?" Isak questioned him, clearly annoyed that the man was keeping them from entering the club to have a few drinks and a clean bath after visiting the putrid Shallows. "Nay, it's something bigger than work." Perrault answered in a rather rushed tone, which greatly sparked Isak's curiosity.

"In the last month, there's been a series of strange murders. All women, all ladies who work the streets at night... All from different pleasure houses." Though Perrault now explained the situation, Isak still looked fairly disinterested, trying to figure out how that concerned his business. He had never sought to own any sort of pleasure houses, leaving that business to other people in Alliria. "But one of the girls managed to escape. She was badly hurt, but that girl Lidia fixed her up. She's up in your room, desperate for help."

Of course... Someone always needed something in that city. But if there was truly a killer loose in Alliria, it fell on Isak to remind this nasty soul that blood, more than anything else, had a steep cost in that place.

• Stressed
Eilerias raised an eyebrow as he pointed at the vial, but smiled softly in response. "Don't apologize. It's quite alright." She placed the vial in her pocket with the others. "It's not your fault. It's just something that must be done." She placed her hand on his arm, a soft glow only emerging for a moment before going dull and fading quickly as she realized she was instinctively trying to make him feel better.

"I guess I'll have to work on that one." She let out a small laugh as she pulled her hand away. "I don't want to force you to pay Khet an arm and a leg for something I might not even need if I just stopped using magic."

She looked away as his eyes met hers with a promise of protection. "Thank you." She quietly responded, walking in the direction of the club. "Though I wish people would stop promising that. I can protect myself, you know! I worry for everyone around me, I seem to attract trouble."

She followed his lead as they finally made it back to the marketplace of the outer city. She watched him pick out apples, but turned him down. "I'm alright, thank you though." She said, tossing it back his way as they walked.

"I..." She frowned as he asked about their friends. "Well, no actually." She looked down at the cobblestone street as they walked. "To be honest, I'm not sure anyone even noticed. I mean, they all have a lot of work and Charity's got that Urchin kid now. They've probably been very busy. I thought about reaching out to have a meal again, but I'm not sure if they'd respond." She thought back to their last get together when they met Faust, Gwen's third youngest daughter.

She preferred to make small talk for the rest of the walk, finding it more enjoyable than worrying about how much trouble she would be in if Gwen had noticed her leave. She assumed Charity would forgive her if she had a good story, but she wasn't so sure. Perhaps it was time to send a request for another meeting with her family.

She noticed the worried look on Perrault's face as he noticed the pair approach the club. "Is everything alright?" She asked the man, shocked at his response. "Isak? You didn't mention any strange news when I got back. You didn't know this was happening?" She looked up to him.

"Very well. Let's go, Isak." A hint of annoyance was present in her voice as she gripped Isak's arm and pulled him up the stairs towards their room. She peeked in the room, ensuring the girl was dressed, before allowing Isak to join. "Good evening." She announced her presence to both Lidia and the young woman wearing bloodstained clothing. "It's alright Isak, you can come in."

• Cthuulove
Isak swallowed nervously as Eilerias looked up to him, her eyes set on his unimpressed face and a bit of annoyance being made present on her voice. What was he supposed to tell her? That he had completely lost his way after her disappearance, becoming dettached from all of his businesses in Alliria? Not a day passed in that city without Isak knowing about all sorts of deals and undertakings that happened in its many dark alleys.

From the lowest of criminals to the most important crime bosses and well protected merchants, Isak knew everything, and yet, after Eilerias left him, he chose to stay in the dark, oblivious to everything but the pain he felt.

These days were in the past now, and Isak had to assert his dominance over the wild streets of the Outer City again, regain his old turfs as well as his trusted allies. While he couldn't give an answer to Eile in that moment, the young man thought about that mysterious killer - getting to the bottom of that mystery would surely help his cause.

"I..." He meant to explain himself to the priestess, though not without much detail, but she had been fast enough not to allow him to respond, grabbing him by his arm and storming inside the Raven Club as the guards quickly allowed them to pass. He could tell she was annoyed, probably even furious with him, so Isak didn't offer any struggle, even ignoring the few patrons who called to him and Eile as they passed by the lobby, heading straight upstairs, to their room.

They stopped right before entering the room, with Eile peeking inside to see if the assaulted girl was wearing any clothes. She was the first to head inside, her soft voice calling to both Lidia and the terribly freightened girl, barely older than Eilerias herself by her looks, before she called Isak inside. Perrault followed the pair, worried about the girl's condition, though he remained silent and only entered the room after Isak did.

Upon seeing both men, the girl started shaking with panic, tears beginning to flow down her face as she clung to Lidia, almost as if she meant to hide from Isak and Perrault. Confused, Isak looked over to Eilerias, wondering if there was anything she could do to calm the woman, seeing as Lidia lacked her unique touch of calmness, her powers still developing as a acolyte and a healer.

Even before Eile could seek to calm the girl, Isak took a few steps back, his gloved hand resting on Perrault's chest as he slowly guided the man towards the door. His brown eyes stared straight at the sellsword, a coldly piercing look that spoke volumes, even without any words being spoken between the two of them. Before leaving the room, Isak looked over his shoulder towards Eile, giving her a slight nod as a sign he hoped she would understand - to call him inside again if the girl managed to calm down.

Isak closed the door after they exited the room, standing in the corridor's lenghty balcony that overlooked the lobby below. Perrault seemed distraught, Isak on the other hand... He was on his usual mood - unbothered and unfazed by anything.

"What do you know of this killer? How many lives has he taken already?" Isak asked, his eyes falling to the patrons who were drinking and gambling downstairs.

Perrault took his time thinking, before finally responding. "Three, four... I cannot say for certain. The timings are blurry, there seems to be no pattern other than all the girls being night workers. This bastard is a ruthless monster, Mr Lavelle."

An small yet arrogant smirk formed on his lips before Isak settled himself, a straight and imposing posture that spoke of the regal way in which he carried himself. "Everyone is a monster here, Perrault. Some just happen to have the sharpest teeth."

"And I suppose you're one of them with the sharpest teeth then?" Perrault almost immediately answered with a question, to which Isak simply ignored as he heard the door of his room opening. "Fetch some water and clean clothes for the girl, Ogden can help you with that." He ordered calmly, and the sellsword complied without hesitation, heading downstairs to look for the dwarf in order to acquire the items that Isak had asked of him.

• Stressed
Eilerias could sense the girl was uncomfortable as Isak and Perrault began shuffling in behind her. She turned her head slightly, nodding towards the door in an attempt to tell them to leave. She turned back to the girl, feeling guilty that she couldn't soothe her without wasting the expensive potions from Khet.

Lidia looked to Eilerias for help as the girl shook in her arms, but she could only respond by shaking her head and sitting beside the girl. Unfortunately, Eilerias' gift of soothing touch was unique to her, something that came without the help of Sol'Nityr. "I'm sorry." She reached out, wrapping her arms around the girl.

The girl shifted from Lidia over to Eilerias, clinging onto her as she sobbed.

"You're alright. Just breathe." Eilerias tried to soothe the girl with her words as she rubbed her back. "You're safe here, I promise." She repeated herself over and over, hoping at some point the girl would calm down. It took a while, but eventually the tears slowed and she stopped shaking.

She pulled herself away to assess the girl. Lidia had done well to heal her, but she was still a mess. There was blood caked in her hair and her clothes were torn to shreds. "What is your name?" She decided to start small to make the girl comfortable.

"R-Rohesia" She stammered in a thick accent.

"Okay, Rohesia. I need to ask you some questions if that's alright with you." Eilerias grabbed the girl's hand and gently squeezed it. "Could you tell me what happened to you?" Rohesia's grip tightened around Eilerias' hand and she looked away.

"N-no." Eilerias could see tears reforming as she looked away.

"Please Rohesia, I need to know what's happening. If people are getting hurt, you can help us. I promise you are safe if you tell us everything." She begged the girl. "Just tell me anything you remember. Please."

"I...I can't! I can't remember anything that happened. I only remember working...down near the docks. The sailors...they usually pay me well." She wiped her tears frantically. "I was working and this man...I had never seen him before...I can't remember his face. He chose me and at some point I couldn't see. I couldn't breathe. He said something, I think. Maybe it was a god. I don't know. They said I wasn't the first. I wouldn't be the last. He wanted all of us whores dead. I can't remember anything else....my head...it...hurts" She reached up, feeling the matted mess of blood and hair on her head. She pulled her hand down and upon noticing the blood, she began screaming and panicking.

"Isak!" Eilerias shouted as she ran over to the bedroom door, hoping Isak was still behind so she could get help with the girl. "I need somebody!" She ran straight into Isak as she left the room. "Please, could you just help me get her to calm down!"

• Cthuulove
Isak almost instantly turned towards the door as he heard it opening, straightening himself as Eilerias ran over to call him. Something must've gone wrong, or perhaps that girl was too traumatized to be calmed down. The priestess' request puzzled him, as Isak felt that he would be the last person capable of dealing with someone in such a state, but there were little options for them to explore in that moment.

He gave his fiancée a short nod before following her inside their bedroom, his brown eyes almost instantly falling upon the girl that clung desperately to Lidia, screaming with agony and fear as the tears that fell from her face mingled with the fresh blood on her clothes.

Perrault could arrive at any moment with fresh water and some new clothes for her, but Isak knew that the presence of another man there would only upset things even more. They had to be very careful with that situation.

Carefully, Eile approached with Isak right behind her, perhaps a showing of trust from the priestess that hoped to bring some ease to the hurt girl, though she still looked at Lavelle as if she was staring right into a demon. Isak was certainly intimidating on his way - he was very tall and his eyes more felt like a piercing glare, not to mention his clear lack of emotion - even pity - as he sized the girl from her bloodied hair, to her bruised legs, noticing a few cuts that seemed to be healed by Lidia before they arrived, without uttering a word.

Truthfully, he was not without sentiment for that woman and her situation. During his 'training' with Atreon, Isak spent a long time working on the streets, blending in the harsh environments and learning the ways of those who needed to fend by themselves in order to survive. Whores, lowly thieves, tricksters... He knew many of them, and even took sympathy on a time, though he was now distant from such world.

Not because he hated them, but because he needed to look the part of a respectable noble man, a young lord to the higher classes of Alliria, while being feared by those less afortunated with coin and resources. But still, Isak belonged to both worlds.

Rich and poor, privileged and needy.

"Where did you work?" He shrugged slightly before questioning the girl, his rasp voice tearing through the uncomfortable silence. The girl desperately sought to hold both Eilerias and Lidia's hands now, her breathing starting to become uneven again, before Isak slowly removed one of his gloves, raising his hand as if to show her that he was hiding no weapon, nor had the wish to harm her. "Nothing will happen to you, girl. You are safe with us, I promise. But in order to help you, you must first help us." He spoke in a more collected tone, calmly picking his words as to not terrify her even further. "I'll ask again... Where did you work?"

After a moment, Rohesia ceased her tears as Isak quickly looked over to Eile, seemingly happy to see that she hadn't gotten worse. The girl struggled to clear her throat, the words pushing out painfully as she looked at Isak for only a few seconds, before looking down at her blood stained dress. "The... The Velvet Pearl..." She made her best effort to stay strong, but Rohesia eventually broke down in tears again, reliving those moments of horrors on her mind as she laid her head on Eile's lap, completely broken.

Isak put his hand away, his fists clenching viciously as he tried to hide his frustration at seeing someone so hurt. He could tell how much that scene saddened Eile as well, knowing how much it hurt her to see other people suffering.

He started walking towards his desk just as Perrault opened the door, carrying a simple dress along with a bucket of water, though he remained silent. Isak motioned for him to leave the bucket at the doorstep and the dress in the nearby chair so as not to worsen the girl's situation with another presence in that room. Lavelle grabbed a few papers from the piles of letters sitting atop his desk, putting it right next to a burning candle while his fingers traced a few names along those well written lines.

"Madam Averna." He whispered after finding what he was looking for. Isak possessed many papers that detailed all the businesses in the Outer City of Alliria, dots that connected said businesses to their owners, people that he deemed of importance to at least know their names.

Madam Averna was the current owner of the brothel known as the Velvet Pearl, a not so popular pleasure house a few blocks from the Raven Club. Slowly, Isak approached Eilerias again, whispering right next to her as the priestess and her acolyte kept caring for Rohesia, as the girl continued to cry.

"I'm going to the Velvet Pearl."

• Thoughtful
Eilerias worried the girl would panic as she brought Isak back into the room, but she found no other options to get answers or calm the girl. She didn't want to risk using her magic and waste the expensive potion when someone else could help. She felt terrible, allowing the stranger to be put in such a horrifying position because she had to be selfish.

She allowed the girl to resume holding onto her hands with a tight icy grip as Isak began to interrogate her. She knew he was intimidating, but if they were going to find a murderer, they needed answers. "Shhh.." She tried to shush her as her breathing became unsteady once again. "He's safe. He will not hurt you."

She allowed Isak to question her, finally obtaining her place of employment after several unsuccessful minutes. "The Velvet Pearl?" Eilerias repeated, slightly louder for Isak to hear. Rohesia nodded, confirming the location.

Eilerias looked back towards Isak as he moved over to the desk, looking through papers. She pulled away from the girl's grasp and hovered behind Isak, looking at the names. "Madam Averna? Who is that?" She asked quietly, turning as the girl began sobbing once again.

"Let me come with." She demanded, stroking the girl's hair as she wrapped her arms around Eilerias. "I'm not going to be left behind. Lidia, you can handle this."

• Cthuulove
Isak spared a moment to look at Eilerias, noticing the strength in her voice and also the determination in her eyes. Rohesia clung to her as if she was about to fall from a mountain, with Eile being the only rock in which she could find safety on. As cold hearted as Isak usually was, his chest would find warmth in how the priestess always seemed able to calm and care for others.

A brothel would be the last place to which Isak would take her, even for important purposes such as to aid in a investigation, but he knew that Eilerias wouldn't budge. The crime lord could feel that she was horrified to see someone suffering in the way that Rohesia now suffered, and she seemed apprehensive about using her powers to further help the girl.

"Very well." He said, nodding to her. His gaze was strict and his mouth set, but the priestess could even feel a hint of pride in the way Isak looked at her, amazed at her will to protect others. He looked over to Lidia as Eilerias instructed her, telling her to look after the girl as she wouldn't take a 'no' from Isak in that moment

Nor he would even dare to go against her wishes.

"We should go at once. Ogden and the others will stay here to protect the girl." Isak took a few steps back, swapping his gaze from Eilerias, to Lidia and to the girl before Lidia took the girl in her arms, allowing her to tightly embrace her and letting Eile leave with Isak. The crime lord called one of his guards over as they left the room. "Keep a watch on the room at all times, but don't frighten the girl. She has suffered enough."

Before they walked over to the stairs, Isak looked to Eilerias as if checking if she was ready to leave. He couldn't possibly imagine the hardships going through her mind right now, the conflicts she faced in not being able to properly use her powers without risking not only her life, but also of her baby. He hid his gaze, ashamed, feeling guilt every time he thought about his failed promise to guide her away from all the terrible things the world had to offer.

After dwelling on his own misery, Isak finally left the Raven Club alongside his fiancée, as they walked the dangerous streets of Alliria's Outer City in the dead of night. Luckily, the brothel was merely a few blocks away, and the red lights coming from the facade could be seen from streets away. Girls danced along the street, trying desperately to attract more clients while two brutish men stood guard next to the door, though they quickly backed away with only but a glare from Isak.

With their clothes slightly wet from the rain that surprised them after they left the Club, Isak and Eilerias stepped inside the brothel, finding it with only but a handful of clients, and a lot of scented smoke, gushing straight at their faces. Most of the clients were already taken up with the women of their choices, while a few guards walked around the place, making sure the girls were protected and respected.

All but Rohesia, who had barely been able to escape the killer's violent grip.

"We are here for Madam Averna." Isak explained to the grey skinned elf with strange green hair that came to meet them. Though confused, he quickly took them upstairs, to the small room that served as office for the Madam, with another mercenary that stood guard next to the door. Averna told them to come inside after receiving word of guests asking to meet her, and soon after the door was opened, revealing a room filled with candles, scents and arts from many places, though most were paintings about the feminine beauty.

Across her desk, a woman was sat, conversing to her before Isak and Eilerias arrived. As she turned, Isak recognized her as Pelistra, the wife of Tanner, of whom Isak had a heated argument in the past, when he had dared to threaten both him and Eilerias.

"Mister Lavelle, I didn't realize you were into the business of pleasure. And who is this lovely lady beside you? Fresh blood for my wares?" Averna asked from the comfort of her chair, grinning from ear to ear as she motioned for them to come closer.

• Nervous
Eilerias gave Isak a satisfied grin as he agreed to take her along, though the smile didn't match her feelings at all. She did want to be included in his business, but going to a brothel wasn't a place she wanted to spend more time at. Still, she said nothing and followed along.

She watched curiously as he stood at the staircase, looking at her for a moment and then away. Then his guilt began to flood her. "It's not your fault." She reassured him, resting her hand on his shoulder before the two of them continued down. She sighed, following behind him, knowing she had no way to make him feel better. She couldn't soothe him or absorb his negativity. She could only offer a poor reassurance that everything was alright and he was not to blame for the things that she had done.

Eilerias, who was still nervous of being spotted with Isak in public sporting a slightly different body, was careful to wear a cloak, so the rain hadn't been unwelcome as they walked. It was strange, seeing the brothel from the outside. She had never noticed the women in the streets trying to attract desperate men before. Luckily, the brothel in Vel'Anir was slightly more discrete.

She tossed her cloak to some employee as the two entered, revealing the rather low-cut wine colored dress. It was much more classy than the girl's working there, but still showed off her assets quite well.

She nodded as Isak explained their reasoning for being there, and followed as the confused man escorted them upstairs and a voice beckoned them inside the office.

The scents were a little strong for Eilerias' liking, but she took deep breaths to calm herself before following Isak inside. The woman, Averna, looked very familiar. She thought she had seen her in Vel'Anir. No, it couldn't be someone from the brothel in Vel'Anir...could it? Were madams known to visit one another? It must just be a coincidence. She thought to herself as the woman began to speak. She couldn't recognize me anyway. I was so scrawny when I was there. Things have changed....

She blushed a bright pink and covered her chest as the woman commented on the lovely lady beside Isak. "No!" Eilerias snapped, feeling her anger bubbling. "We are here about a very serious matter. We think there may be a serial killer preying on the whores. One of yours is currently at our home being taken care of by one of my students."

• Cthuulove
Isak slightly looked at Eilerias for a moment, surprised to see her snapping so easily at Averna's remarks. The people of Alliria were known to be very smart in regards to getting under each other's skin, and that was even more true for the residents of the Outer City. He squinted, his dark browns carefully examining her as he believed to have seen her demeanor change for a quick movement, her breathing becoming erratic, as if something had made her nervous, as if Averna's had affected her.

He dismissed any concerns for the moment, judging it to be only Eile's natural kindhearted side speaking loudly, that she was more worried about the girl that had almost been killed and was now left traumatized at the Raven Club.

"Who she is does not concern you, Averna." Isak turned his head towards the Madam again, taking a short step forth as his face was better highlighted by the burning candles. The scent of the room was strong and even a nauseating to a weaker nose, though the man didn't seem bothered by it. He spared a quick glance at Pelistra, who didn't seem to recognize him from his previous visits to her husband's estate. "There is a killer loose in these streets, and one of your girls nearly met her end at his hands. Have you any information that could help us?"

Averna shrugged, smiling almost dismissively. She didn't seem at all concerned with Isak's words, which didn't even come as a surprise to him - some people in Alliria only cared for the money their wares could bring to them.

"A killer? My, my... That is indeed bad for business. I've heard about the poor girl... Such a pity!" Averna laughed ironically, pouring some more wine on her glass and offering it to Pelistra, who couldn't take her eyes off Isak and Eilerias. "I'm at a loss... of income. And this pretty lass of yours there, Mister Isak..." She gazed towards the priestess, her eyes focusing on the white haired woman as if she was looking upon a prize.

Or recognizing one.

"Yes, yes! I knew she was familiar! She was working in one of my favorite houses, in Vel'Anir! Oh, such a pretty girl, such a waste... How much did you pay for her, Mister Isak?"

The crime lord looked absolutely shell shocked, but only for half a second. As if devoid of any sort of emotion, Isak never even took his eyes off the Madam, clearly unimpressed with her words, and the knowledge they brought to him. To hear that Eilerias had been... 'working' in such a place had shaken his world for a moment, but he could not display weakness in front of other people, in front of other... sharks. Everyone in Alliria was out for blood, and he knew better than to show anything buth cruelness and strength.

He took another step forward, hiding his gloved hands behind his back as he took on a more imposing posture, almost looking down on the seated Madam. "You will answer our questions, or a girl won't be the only thing you'll lose tonight... Madam."

Averna paused for a moment, realizing that Isak was truly serious with his promise. Of course, she knew of his reputation, and what he was capable of, and as someone already struggling with her business, Averna was not stupid to make even more enemies. Averna looked to Pelistra for a moment, as Isak glanced over to Eilerias, bits of sadness clearly stamped on his eyes before he looked away, back to Averna and Pelistra. The Madam nodded in silence, before Pelistra rose to her feet, addressing the pair of visitors.

"I am Pelistra, second daughter of the Coslend family. The girl, Rohesia, she..." Pelistra paused, struggling to talk further before tears started to flow down her face. "She is my half sister. She ran away from our home a few years ago, and all this time I've tried to find her, only to hear that she was working as a lady of the night, and that she was recently attacked. Please, please, I beg of you... I need to see my sister!"

Isak took in that information for a moment, almost taking pity at the woman for such a tragic story. "Lady Pelistra, I am Isak, a business partner of your husband, Ta--"

"Do not speak of that... man! I am bound to him no longer, and the coward has even fled the city!" She interrupted him with anger, which greatly intrigued Isak. "He broke the oaths of our marriage, sleeping with other women... with girls from this very same place!"

Tanner had fled the city? Over a broken marriage? No... That didn't sound like Tanner at all. A man so greedy and so deeply rooted in the businesses of Alliria wouldn't simply abandon his gold mine for nothing. There was something else, something strange at work there, but Isak chose to stay silent, looking over to Eilerias again, in the hopes that the more gentle touch of another woman would be best in such a situation.

• Cry
Eilerias looked away from Averna, studying the other woman closely as Isak spoke. She looked well put together, unlike most of the women who found themselves working at such an establishment. There was also a hint of sadness or maybe anger across her face as she watched the scene in front of her.

Averna's remarks caused Eilerias to look back nervously. Her gaze burned Eilerias' skin as she looked over her, realizing she was no stranger. Averna placed her hand on Eilerias jaw, turning her head side to side as if she were admiring some sort of prize animal before asking the price Isak paid.

Eilerias slapped her hand away. "He didn't pay for me." She hissed quietly before Isak had taken over the conversation. She looked away from Isak as he began threats against the woman. It was entirely possible the woman had assumed she was purchased from Vel'Anir, after all they had come across one another in a very compromising position.

She looked back to Pelistra as she began to speak, announcing herself to be the half sister of Rohesia, before Isak added on that her husband was the man Isak had business with regarding the docks. She broke down in anger as she spoke of Tanner, accusing him of sleeping with women from Averna's brothel. Eilerias felt a hint of guilt, knowing that she had partaken in similar acts with men who were likely married.

Isak's silence after letting the woman speak made Eilerias nervous. She didn't want to speak with the woman. She couldn't offer anything to sooth her mind and it was now clear to everyone in the room that Eilerias had been working in a brothel. Pelistra seemed to have a dislike towards her already based on that alone.

"I..." She tried to think of something to say. "We will take you to Rohesia, but can I ask you something first?" She asked quietly, taking a seat beside her. "That...man...you don't think he would have been capable of killing these ladies do you? I only met him once with Isak, but he didn't seem violent. Has he ever threatened you?" She grabbed the woman's hand gently.

• Cthuulove
Pelistra hesitated, flinching a bit as Eilerias gently took her hand, but she didn't take long to warm up to the priestess, a small smile forming on her lips as she looked at her. Isak watched the whole scene in silencing, allowing for Eile to deal with the situation with more 'gentle finesse' as opposed to his usual coldly harsh words. "He did not, but... He would always beat the servants when frustrated." Tears started to flow as the woman told her about her former husband. Isak clinched his gloved fists, regretting that he didn't end Tanner's life when he had the chance.

Tanner was a even worse person than Isak had anticipated, and those beneath his station were left helpless to oppose him, while being beaten by sport.

"My parents used their connections within the Allir Keep to separate us when they've heard of this, fearing that I could be next. After meddling in his business, they discovered that he was being unfaithful as well, and it only served to help our plea in court, but Tanner..." She paused, regretting that she had even spoken his name again, pressing Eilerias' hand without even noticing before she continued. "He did not take the news well. He threatened my father in front of his guards, but vanished in that very same night."

After a short moment of silence, Isak cleared his throat, assuming it to be a good time to talk. "And what of his documents? Your father's guards found no clue as to where he could be headed?" He questioned, but Pelistra shook her head, disappointed. "There was nothing, Mr Lavelle. His office had been emptied but no bags were taken. He disappeared in thin air, and I am glad for that."

Sudden disappearances in Alliria could mean something else entirely, but Isak stood his tongue from any further questions. Not long after, Averna laughed again, getting their attention. "Some very strange things have been happening in the city for a while now... I fear the balance of power is changing. You ought to be careful with any attempts at your life as well, boy." Her cautionary tale sounded more like a threat to him, but Isak was stoic in his reaction, merely shrugging slightly.

"Look too deeply into the abyss and nothing will scare you anymore, Averna. I will be taking Miss Pelistra to the Raven Club now, unless you object?" The Madam made no attempts against it, simply enjoying another sip of her glass before bidding farewell to them. Isak was the first one to turn his back and leave without any ceremony, stopping by the door to guarantee that Eilerias and Pelistra would soon follow after him. It was still raining when they got back to the streets, but Pelistra refused to leave the priestess' side, while Isak walked in front of them, a few paces away.

"Averna speaks too rudely, but she means well. All things considered, of course. As women in this ruthless world, we all must do our parts to survive." She engaged in conversation with Eile, offering a small but sincere smile, before turning to look at Isak as he walked ahead, like a lone wolf. "Are you in love with him, dear girl?" Pelistra whispered, sounding more like a worried mother. "Tanner was noisy and too large for his own boots, but there was one man he feared in this strange place... Your man. Everyone seems to fear him, except for you."

In front of them, Isak closed his eyes, trying not to recall Averna's words back in the brothel as she spoke of Eilerias. He refused to believe that she was keeping secrets from him.

• Thoughtful