Private Tales Another One?

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Im sorry your what now?" Esmerelda stopped in her tracks.

This was a whole new load of information, Sung Chei and Sung Na....brothers..
.but then that ment Sung Chei most probably had a title of some sort.

"When were you planning on telling me Sung Na is your brother?" She raised a quizzical eyebrow.

"I thought that I already had." He told her. "Back when we were discussing the suitors. Didn't I tell you then?"

As a matter of fact, Sung Chei had been named his father's heir, but Sung Na, his elder brother, had taken the title of Warlord by force. But as Sung Chei still had the garments of the head of the Sung Family, he couldn't rightly call himself The White Tiger of Xian Kin. That was Sung Chei's title. A dispute that could only be resolved by a duel, to the death... Naturally.

"i think I would have recalled something as important as that." She remarked, regardless she was still shocked.

"Do you mind gathering the suitors that still wish to remain in my council room? Along with my chief guard. You will be there as my advisor Sung Chei, not negotiable."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Sung Chei
"i think I would have recalled something as important as that." She remarked, regardless she was still shocked.

"It's been a stressful evening." He told her.

"Do you mind gathering the suitors that still wish to remain in my council room? Along with my chief guard. You will be there as my advisor Sung Chei, not negotiable."

"Unless you want a duel to the death between me and Sung Na it will have to be negotiable." He told her. "You're the queen here but this has to do with Sung family honor. If he sees me one of us dies."

"Unless you want a duel to the death between me and Sung Na it will have to be negotiable." He told her. "You're the queen here but this has to do with Sung family honor. If he sees me one of us dies.

Esmerelda narrowed her eyes, "as I said. Non-negotiable." She raised her chin before entering the council room, "and trust me Sung Chei, if either of you make any kind of attempt to harm each other whilst in my castle....there will be absolute hell to pay."

And that was all Esme had to say regarding the situation, family honors were to be put aside, if not she would have to take matters into her own hands - literally...and that was not something she wished to do.

She took her seat at the table, motioned for Sung Chei to take his and waited patiently for the other suitors to arrive.

Two of her own guards also stood in the room, extra precautions were to be taken after tonights incident.

• Devil
Esmerelda narrowed her eyes, "as I said. Non-negotiable." She raised her chin before entering the council room, "and trust me Sung Chei, if either of you make any kind of attempt to harm each other whilst in my castle....there will be absolute hell to pay."

"I don't think you understand exactly how dangerous my brother is my lady. Your authority I will respect, but this man has conquered a continent, you control a small fief. Get in the way and be will bring the full force of his wrath to bear. At that point it won't matter how skilled your people are, you and your people will lose, and most likely die. Please my lady, for the safety of your people at least allow me to conceal my identity. If he learns who I am, then not even all the guards in this castle would be capable of stopping the fight to ensue. And even then I doubt that you would be willing to show dishonour by denying a rightful and properly pursued duel. I can attend, but he cannot be allowed to see my face."

He respected her skill as a warrior queen, but she was not on the level that he and his brother were at. And his brother had no issues with collateral damage, heck it would be a great opportunity for him to seize more territory in the west should she interfere.

Sung Chei was truly very worried about this, if Sung Na were to know, if he were to discover that Sung Chei was there, it would unleash two monsters on one another.

Esmerelda thought on what Sung Chei had said. She could not take on a warlord, her allies were no where near strong enough.

"Fine," She stood from her chair and walked over to a book case, traced her fingers across the spine. Esmerelda looked over her shoulder, to her gaurds she spoke,"gather the suitors."

The door shut behind them, now Esmerleda and Sung Chei were the only ones in the room.

"Only my direct bloodline knows of this room, I am the only living member of my family to be aware of its existence. There are to entrances."

Esmerlda pulled a book from the shelf and placed her palm up against the wall where the book was and took a step back.
The bookcase moved to the side and a small, concealed door was revealed.

"You are now the only other breathing soul to know of this, if I am betrayed by means of this room..." She didnt look at him and twisted the nob, "I know who will be paying a visit to the exacutionor."

The door revealed a small room, lined on the walls was weaponary, small jars of liquid and velvet chair.

"Whenever I am in council with your brother you will be placed in this room, no one will know you are in there. The room itself is sound proof but you will be able to hear what goes on in the council chambers. Go inside, pull down on the torch against the wall. You will conceal the room and remain there until I am certain your brother has exited for good."

• Thoughtful
Esmerelda thought on what Sung Chei had said. She could not take on a warlord, her allies were no where near strong enough.

"Fine," She stood from her chair and walked over to a book case, traced her fingers across the spine. Esmerelda looked over her shoulder, to her gaurds she spoke,"gather the suitors."

The door shut behind them, now Esmerleda and Sung Chei were the only ones in the room.

"Only my direct bloodline knows of this room, I am the only living member of my family to be aware of its existence. There are to entrances."

Esmerlda pulled a book from the shelf and placed her palm up against the wall where the book was and took a step back.
The bookcase moved to the side and a small, concealed door was revealed.

"You are now the only other breathing soul to know of this, if I am betrayed by means of this room..." She didnt look at him and twisted the nob, "I know who will be paying a visit to the exacutionor."

The door revealed a small room, lined on the walls was weaponary, small jars of liquid and velvet chair.

"Whenever I am in council with your brother you will be placed in this room, no one will know you are in there. The room itself is sound proof but you will be able to hear what goes on in the council chambers. Go inside, pull down on the torch against the wall. You will conceal the room and remain there until I am certain your brother has exited for good."

Be followed her to this hidden room. A moving bookshelf was kinda cliche but it still worked. He was surprised to hear that he was now the only other person to know about this room. It was a very big show of trust, and he let her know this.

"Your trust in me is humbling my lady." He told her. "Thank you very much for this. I am sorry to have confronted you in such a way, I simply wish to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. Again, thank you."

The three suitors all remained, all unfazed in their pursuit of marriage. The Duke and baron might not be the most attractive men, but Sung Na was definitely not one she could control in the way she intended. He was in command of what equalled an empire, and even if he didn't try to control her lands, she and her people would become, in effect, vassals. Even if he made no moves to control her.

But the Duke was not interested in protecting her from assassins, he wanted her land and if she were killed it would be easier. The baron was on par with her as far as influence went, so he wouldn't be of much help against her uncles. Sung Na was likely the only one that could and would protect her and her people, though she'd have to relinquish some control to him.

All three suitors arrived in the council chamber. Sung Na clad in his tigerskin vest and his loose pants, displaying his muscled arms and not really hiding his strong chest. He was, of course, the most attractive of the three despite his apparently simple clothing.

"You summoned us my lady?" The Baron spoke.

It was safe to say Esmerelda could not deny that Sung Na was handsome, then again the same went for his brother. Regadless, her choice in the future could not be made based on love, friendship, attractiveness or companionship.

"Thank you for joining me gentlemen."
A ladies maid brought in some steaming tea with tea cups for each member at the table, prepered her queens individually and placed it in front of her.

Esmerelda nodded a thank you. "Now for the way forward, I am not certain if your messangers told you but you will each be staying in my castle for the next two weeks." She sipped her tea, "within those two weeks I shall spend time with each of you individually. Once the two weeks have expaired you may propose if you wish to do so, I, in turn will accept or deny that proposil."

Esmerelda looked around the room, a soft gaze landing on Sung Na. She sheepishly took another sip of her tea and regained her composure. "This evening I will be going on a moonlight stroll through the gardens, you can discuss amongst yourselves whom will be joining me."

Esmerelda left and went to prepare in her chambers, a change of clothes was definitely a must.

• Popcorn
Esmerelda looked around the room, a soft gaze landing on Sung Na. She sheepishly took another sip of her tea and regained her composure. "This evening I will be going on a moonlight stroll through the gardens, you can discuss amongst yourselves whom will be joining me."

The three men nodded their understanding and Sung Na gave a polite bow at the waist as she left. Their people bowed a lot, it was more of a common greeting or goodbye than anything, but she wouldn't really know that. When she left the men looked at one another oddly, and silence permeated the room for a good few minutes.

"How shall we decide which one of us goes?" The Duke asked.

"Arm wrestle?" The baron suggested.

Sung Na cocked an eyebrow. "Isn't that a little base?"

The Duke responded. "We're dignified men Warlord, but we are still men. No need for lengthy, loud arguments, a simple and straightforward answer is sufficient for this, and there is no indignity in using a simple method for determining the outcome."

Sung Na shrugged. "I suppose that's true. Beauty in simplicity. Very well, who goes first?"

After they were done, Sung Na walked away victorious, he'd be the first to visit her, followed by the Baron then the Duke. He spent the couple of hours before dusk by being productive, making sure that her guards were doing their jobs correctly, and that the castle was properly secured. Then he went to the gardens, to find her there.

"My Lady?"

• Haha
Reactions: Esmeralda
(Arm wrestle really xD )

Esmerelda turned are the sound of Sung Na's voice, "ahh." She gave a soft smile and glided forwards, "I must say I am rather happy to be graced with your presence Sung Na."

The pair began walking through the gardens. "This is the first time we have been able to speak privately, I think we should set diplomacy aside for the time we have together. Don't you agree?"

Esmerelda bent down slightly, admiring the roses. She hoped that she would be able to get to know Sung Na on a personal level when it came time for them to be alone together. It was safe to say she found him intriguing...but for some reason the feeling was mutual toward his brother.

She closed her eyes and pushed those thoughts aside.

• Dab
(Arm wrestle really xD )

( Yep C= )

Esmerelda turned are the sound of Sung Na's voice, "ahh." She gave a soft smile and glided forwards, "I must say I am rather happy to be graced with your presence Sung Na."

The pair began walking through the gardens. "This is the first time we have been able to speak privately, I think we should set diplomacy aside for the time we have together. Don't you agree?"

Esmerelda bent down slightly, admiring the roses. She hoped that she would be able to get to know Sung Na on a personal level when it came time for them to be alone together. It was safe to say she found him intriguing...but for some reason the feeling was mutual toward his brother.

She closed her eyes and pushed those thoughts aside.

"Agreed My lady. Or may I call you Esmeralda?" He asked. "If we are to put diplomacy aside it seems appropriate? Or am I misinterpreting western customs?"

He approached her and the flowerbed. "Your gardens... they're a far fling from the gardens we have at home. Significantly more cramped. No, not cramped." He corrected. "Cozy, yes, that's the word, cozy. Our gardens are far more roomy, and there's such a clear order with yours, we embrace the wild beauty of nature and try to mimic it as best we can, to the point where we have streams running through them, from what i've seen, you westerners seem more interested in taming nature than capturing it."

He looked around at the plants, it was a beautiful place, no doubt. He wasn't saying in any way he doesn't like it. He loved it, it was just... different.

priate? Or am I misinterpreting western customs?"
"Esmerelda is perfectly fine," she replied.

ugh them, from what i've seen, you westerners seem more
"That sounds absolutely beautiful." Esmes eyes grew wide with wonder. When intrigued or excited her eyes often represented those of a baby deer. "I think I would make a trip across the ocean just to see your gardens."

She stood up again, Esmerelda lead them in the direction of a small bridge that danced over a small koi pond. She gazed at the fish, both hands on the railing. "You know, its actually quite amazing how different every land can be, the people, the customs, the architecture, right down to the insects."

Now she looked to Sung Na, "In my pass time I enjoy reading about foreign kingdoms and lands but I doubt my imagination can fathom the real beauty." She watched the fish now, swimming around in the average sized pond, consumed by their own little world.

"Esmerelda is perfectly fine," she replied.

"Esmerelda then." He said with a genuine smile.

"That sounds absolutely beautiful." Esmes eyes grew wide with wonder. When intrigued or excited her eyes often represented those of a baby deer. "I think I would make a trip across the ocean just to see your gardens."

She stood up again, Esmerelda lead them in the direction of a small bridge that danced over a small koi pond. She gazed at the fish, both hands on the railing. "You know, its actually quite amazing how different every land can be, the people, the customs, the architecture, right down to the insects."

Now she looked to Sung Na, "In my pass time I enjoy reading about foreign kingdoms and lands but I doubt my imagination can fathom the real beauty." She watched the fish now, swimming around in the average sized pond, consumed by their own little world.

"I'd love nothing more than to show you the gardens of my home." He said to her calmly, "Your gardens are quite beautiful, and I hope that you will say the same if you should behold the gardens of the East."

He chuckled at her words about insects and said, "Indeed. One of the islands off the mainland where I come from have hornets the size of your hand, and dragonflies as big as your forearm. Truly fascinating."

"I'm afraid I don't have too much free time nowadays, and what time I have I usually spend perfecting my capabilities." He admits. "I haven't had much time for literature sadly."

a genuine smile.
This was the first time she had seen the man smile. Genuinely smile, safe to say she was surprised. Just by his smile Sung Na oozed confidence in her personal opinion. "Well I think this is the first time I have actually seen you smile Sung Na." Her lips twitched at the end. A small, delicate smile of her own.

from have hornets the size of your hand, and dragonflies as big as your forearm. Truly fascinating
Hornets rhe size of ones hand and dragonflies as big as your forearm? She w as surprised. "Are you sure you don't live in a fairy tale land ?" She let out a small giggle of disbelief. "The dragonflies I have no worries about...the hornets on the other hands are a completely different topic."

time for literature sadly.
"Well one has to take time to indulge in the things you enjoy." Esmereldas eyes sparkeled as she came up with an idea, "How about a read some poetry to you this evening?" She was genuinely excited and hoped he would say yes. But if he declined it would not be the end of the world either.

This was the first time she had seen the man smile. Genuinely smile, safe to say she was surprised. Just by his smile Sung Na oozed confidence in her personal opinion. "Well I think this is the first time I have actually seen you smile Sung Na." Her lips twitched at the end. A small, delicate smile of her own.

He looked her way, and his smile widened. "It has been a while since I have smiled. It's... good to smile. My face has been grim so long I fear it may be permanently stuck in a sour expression."

Hornets rhe size of ones hand and dragonflies as big as your forearm? She w as surprised. "Are you sure you don't live in a fairy tale land ?" She let out a small giggle of disbelief. "The dragonflies I have no worries about...the hornets on the other hands are a completely different topic."

"Yes, they're quite the issue actually, normally stings from insects like hornets or wasps only hurt, maybe they'll kill those who are ill or weak but those things can kill a horse with their venom. Luckily They're local to only that Island nation, and are quite rare on the mainland."

"Well one has to take time to indulge in the things you enjoy." Esmereldas eyes sparkeled as she came up with an idea, "How about a read some poetry to you this evening?" She was genuinely excited and hoped he would say yes. But if he declined it would not be the end of the world either.

"That would be lovely. My ears have been graced with the sound of western poetry only a few times, and I must say you have us beat when it comes to poetry. I'd be delighted to read some."

• Yay
Reactions: Esmeralda
face has been grim so long I fear it may be permanently stuck in a sour expression
"I am glad."

"Why don't you tell me about your family Sung Na? Any brothers or sisters?" Esmerelda knew about Sung Chei but it was information she was to hold onto for now. She did not need the show down Sung Chei had told her about.

"Why don't you tell me about your family Sung Na? Any brothers or sisters?" Esmerelda knew about Sung Chei but it was information she was to hold onto for now. She did not need the show down Sung Chei had told her about

"Yes, two siblings. One is a fugitive, the other... I simply do not know. My sister had gone elsewhere to marry, and I haven't heard from her since. I assume she is well, she's a resourceful woman my sister." He chuckled. "What about you? I understand your father has passed, but what about your mother? Siblings?"

"A fugitive you say? Well i know a thing or two about having family on the other side of the law." She assumed he was referring to Sung Chei, but why he would call him a fugative she was still unsure.
"Well I hope things worked out well for your sister, you could possibly be an uncle." She nudged his shoulder with hers playfully.

"Unfortunately I never knew my mother, while giving me life she sacrificed her own. I have - had a brother." She corrected herself quickly, coming to terms with her brothers death was one of the hardest things she had ever done. It broke her heart everytime she thought of him. "He was taken from us on the battle field. The rest of my family is rather distant, both figuratively as well as literary."

Her mood saddened and Esmerelda decided she had had enough of their little stroll.
"I must apologize in cutting our time together short Sung Na, but I have other matters that I must attend to before the days end."

In all honesty she simply wanted to get away and beherself. Aurora was still in the infirmary so her next bet in finding company in a friend was Sung Chei, she hoped he would not be to occupied.

A fugitive you say? Well i know a thing or two about having family on the other side of the law." She assumed he was referring to Sung Chei, but why he would call him a fugative she was still unsure.

"yes. A fugitive. I've been looking for him for a long time, me and him have quite a bit of unfinished business." He said simply. "but I won't bother you with the details, it is a rather grim subject and I'd rather not damper our evening with such dour thoughts."

"Well I hope things worked out well for your sister, you could possibly be an uncle." She nudged his shoulder with hers playfully.

He chuckled, "Maybe, maybe so."

"Unfortunately I never knew my mother, while giving me life she sacrificed her own. I have - had a brother." She corrected herself quickly, coming to terms with her brothers death was one of the hardest things she had ever done. It broke her heart everytime she thought of him. "He was taken from us on the battle field. The rest of my family is rather distant, both figuratively as well as literary."

"I'm sorry." He said genuinely. "Family is important, and it breaks my heart that you aren't terribly close to yours. I hope maybe some bridges can be built."

Her mood saddened and Esmerelda decided she had had enough of their little stroll.
"I must apologize in cutting our time together short Sung Na, but I have other matters that I must attend to before the days end."

In all honesty she simply wanted to get away and beherself. Aurora was still in the infirmary so her next bet in finding company in a friend was Sung Chei, she hoped he would not be to occupied.

"There's nothing to forgive Esmeralda, I know better than most the pressures of duty. I'll be happy to speak with you whenever it is you wish to."

She'd find Sung Chei in his newly given office, getting papers in order and looking over records.

She had to give it to Sung Na, he seemed a understanding man who valued family and her feelings. Esme was still to crack through the warlord appearance he put up.

Esmerelda made her way to Sung Cheis private study, she greeted the two guards stationed outside and they opened the doors.

• Bless
She had to give it to Sung Na, he seemed a understanding man who valued family and her feelings. Esme was still to crack through the warlord appearance he put up.

Esmerelda made her way to Sung Cheis private study, she greeted the two guards stationed outside and they opened the doors.

Sung Chei looked up as she came in. "My lady, I though you were out in the gardens with my brother at this time. Has something happened?"

He seemed concerned, in a professional way. He didn't much like having guards at his door, it seemed to put more lives in danger, and any assassin that could threaten him would have no issue dealing with his guards. So really it was just a waste of manpower.

He placed the papers on the desk and moved closer to her. "May I be of assistance?"

"I hope im not disturbing." She took a seat on a nearby ottomen. "No issues at all, I was just over his company. The topic of family arose and I got an instant headache."

She looked around his study, it was the first time she had been in it since Sung Chei arrived. He had decorated beautifully, some things odd, but beautiful nonetheless.

"Its getting dark but there are suitable lights in the barn. Would you care to spar with me before we each head to bed? I would like to test out my new sword." Esmerelda hoped he would say yes. She hadn't been able to spar since her coronation, there had simply been no time.

"I hope im not disturbing." She took a seat on a nearby ottomen. "No issues at all, I was just over his company. The topic of family arose and I got an instant headache."

"Not at all." He told her. "I imagine so. Our family isn't a terribly functional one and I imagine you don't much like the subject. Don't worry, he likely won't bring it up."

"Its getting dark but there are suitable lights in the barn. Would you care to spar with me before we each head to bed? I would like to test out my new sword." Esmerelda hoped he would say yes. She hadn't been able to spar since her coronation, there had simply been no time.

He grinned, "I'd be honored my lady. Please, don't hold back on my account. I hope for a good fight."

He'd follow her to this "Barn", why a castle had a barn in it's complex is a question to be asked but he didn't really bother, maybe it was the granary or served some other purpose and she just used the word Barn for it. He brought with him no weapons.

Esmerelda had a servent bring her her sword.
She lit a torch as they made their way, "we use the barn to store all of the hay for our horses," it wasnt very large in size, nothing one would expect for a castle. "Its more of a distraction where we were able to spar in peace, my brother and I."

She looked Sung Chei up and down. "No weapons? Please do not tell me you are bringing your fists to a sword fight." Esme chuckled.

Not like she was exactly in the expected attire though. She wore the same turqoise dress she had one when she was on her walk with Sung Na. Its sleaves came to the bottom of her biceps and was rather flowy with simple elastic woven into the materiel under her breasts and around her waist, stopping just above her hips.

• Popcorn
Esmerelda had a servent bring her her sword.
She lit a torch as they made their way, "we use the barn to store all of the hay for our horses," it wasnt very large in size, nothing one would expect for a castle. "Its more of a distraction where we were able to spar in peace, my brother and I."

"As good a reason as any to have a barn in a castle." He said with a chuckle. "I had though most resources, such as hey and food would be stored in the undercroft. Not in a barn. Especially since the undercroft is harder to destroy with trebuchets."

She looked Sung Chei up and down. "No weapons? Please do not tell me you are bringing your fists to a sword fight." Esme chuckled.

"Why not. I need to keep my claws sharp somehow." He said almost evilly. She might just be in over her head even if he was unarmed.

Not like she was exactly in the expected attire though. She wore the same turqoise dress she had one when she was on her walk with Sung Na. Its sleaves came to the bottom of her biceps and was rather flowy with simple elastic woven into the materiel under her breasts and around her waist, stopping just above her hips.

"Perhaps you should change my lady. Your attire isn't exactly optimized for fighting. And I'd hate to see you at a disadvantage." He told her, "I'll keep my eyes averted so you needn't worry about privacy."