Private Tales Another One?

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Shouting could be heard eachooing down the main hallway of the castle, it was Esmerleda and her council, they were all seated around a table, in one of the many rooms in the castle.

"You must pick a suitor this evening..."
"You will never have the respect of the people without the promise of an heir..."

So on and so one, Esmerleda had five men shouting the odds at her, trying to tell how how to run her own kingdom.
"Enough!" Esme slammed her fists on the table, " I am a women! I am your Queen!" she roared, " If you wanted a secure line, a doting little sheep then you should have never sent Wren off to war and gotten him bloody well killed!"

She pushed her seat back, looked to each member of her council, "you knew what you were getting yourselves into when you and my father decided I was to be his heir."

She slammed the door behind her and stormed to her private study. She had had enough of this, pompus old men trying to dictate her life to her.

"get married, have heirs, don't worry, choose a man with power, blah blah blah.." Esmerelda muttered to herself. Her doors shut to her study, she looked around the room and let out a scream that had been building up within her since the moment she had sat on the throne...then , all hell let loose.

Esmerelda started throwing things, roaring with anger, breaking what she could, messing up every single sign of organization she could find.

Those in the castle knew to keep their distance, they had served Esmerldas family for a long time, vikings also lived within the kingdom and everyone knew, when they had lost their temper, to simply keep ones distance.

• Devil
Reactions: Sung Chei
Shouting could be heard eachooing down the main hallway of the castle, it was Esmerleda and her council, they were all seated around a table, in one of the many rooms in the castle.

"You must pick a suitor this evening..."
"You will never have the respect of the people without the promise of an heir..."

So on and so one, Esmerleda had five men shouting the odds at her, trying to tell how how to run her own kingdom.
"Enough!" Esme slammed her fists on the table, " I am a women! I am your Queen!" she roared, " If you wanted a secure line, a doting little sheep then you should have never sent Wren off to war and gotten him bloody well killed!"

She pushed her seat back, looked to each member of her council, "you knew what you were getting yourselves into when you and my father decided I was to be his heir."

She slammed the door behind her and stormed to her private study. She had had enough of this, pompus old men trying to dictate her life to her.

"get married, have heirs, don't worry, choose a man with power, blah blah blah.." Esmerelda muttered to herself. Her doors shut to her study, she looked around the room and let out a scream that had been building up within her since the moment she had sat on the throne...then , all hell let loose.

Esmerelda started throwing things, roaring with anger, breaking what she could, messing up every single sign of organization she could find.

Those in the castle knew to keep their distance, they had served Esmerldas family for a long time, vikings also lived within the kingdom and everyone knew, when they had lost their temper, to simply keep ones distance.

Well that was interesting. He had, by then, read through the potential suitors, and was astonished to see Sung Na's name, his brother's name, on that list. He would put him as low as possible on the list, but he couldn't completely remove him without being suspicious. He may have to spill the beans on him and his brother earlier than he thought. But, he'd cross that bridge when he came to it.

And so, with his compiled yet abbreviated list of suitors along with the pros and cons of each, some very carefully worded, he set for the queen's study, where he heard angry screams and the sound of things breaking. He was not aware of the queen's rage fits, and at once thought she might be in trouble, what a terrible spymaster he'd be if he let her die on his first day of employment, so he opened the door quickly, hands on the hilts of his swords, but when he saw just her he stopped, looking quite confused.

But he also knew that when someone was angry like this they tended to not be very nice, so he was also ready to either catch, or break, whatever might be thrown at him.

Esme whipped around, her eyes narrowed , her hand on a glass vase, "Get out!" She screamed and threw the vase at him, it shattered behind him on the wall, very much close to his face.

Who the hell did he think he was? Barging into her study. And where were her guards ? Simply allowing him in without even a knock on the door.

Quinn and Robert were on duty outside her study, oh she would have a few words with those two later.

• Devil
Esme whipped around, her eyes narrowed , her hand on a glass vase, "Get out!" She screamed and threw the vase at him, it shattered behind him on the wall, very much close to his face.

Who the hell did he think he was? Barging into her study. And where were her guards ? Simply allowing him in without even a knock on the door.

Quinn and Robert were on duty outside her study, oh she would have a few words with those two later.

He caught the vase on it's way past his head and set it down on the nearest flat surface. Then removed the piece of paper and set it next to it. "The list you requested your majesty."

Then he turned around and left, but not before saying, "Please warn me of your rants next time, I thought someone had gotten in here."

And so he strode calmly back out, carefully closing the door behind him.

Esmerelda clenched her jaw, this man knew how to get under her skin. She picked up the list scanned over it then moved to her desk. "Robert." Her guard entered , he was in his kid 30s and was part of Esmereldas guard detail since she was 15.

"Yes my queen?"
"Bring Sung Chei to me, we have matters to evaluate."
"I shall"

Esmerelda looked up from the paper, "next time Robert, if you or Quinn let ANYBODY into my study wilst is 'express my emotions' - as my ladies like to refer to it, you will be stuck with the worst detail and get Quinn in line, he is young but that is no excuse. Are we understood?"

"Understood," Robert bowed his head and left the study to go find the man his queen requested.

• Devil
Esmerelda clenched her jaw, this man knew how to get under her skin. She picked up the list scanned over it then moved to her desk. "Robert." Her guard entered , he was in his kid 30s and was part of Esmereldas guard detail since she was 15.

"Yes my queen?"
"Bring Sung Chei to me, we have matters to evaluate."
"I shall"

Esmerelda looked up from the paper, "next time Robert, if you or Quinn let ANYBODY into my study wilst is 'express my emotions' - as my ladies like to refer to it, you will be stuck with the worst detail and get Quinn in line, he is young but that is no excuse. Are we understood?"

"Understood," Robert bowed his head and left the study to go find the man his queen requested.

Sung Chei heard the marching feet behind him, and turned around to see the guard named Robert. He was informed that Esmerelda wanted to speak with him. So he turned on his heel and went back to her study, thanking the guard for informing him as he went. So he entered the room and stood attentively but calmly a little ways into the room.

"You sent for me my lady?"

"Yes, I wish to discuss this list with you. Especially concerning the suitors."

Esmerelda motioned for Sung Chei to sit down. "My council has pressured me into hosting a ball tonight, normally i would not give in but it is soley to give my subjects a peaceful mind, I shall choose tonight which of my suitors I shall allow to court me."

Esme slid the list across her desk to him, "so lets decide who my new play mates will be."

She smirked, "and i beg of you, no one old enough to be my father."

"Yes, I wish to discuss this list with you. Especially concerning the suitors."

Esmerelda motioned for Sung Chei to sit down. "My council has pressured me into hosting a ball tonight, normally i would not give in but it is soley to give my subjects a peaceful mind, I shall choose tonight which of my suitors I shall allow to court me."

Esme slid the list across her desk to him, "so lets decide who my new play mates will be."

She smirked, "and i beg of you, no one old enough to be my father."

He grinned with an eye roll. "I've already listed the people too old to be proper as nearly ineligible, basically last resort."

He went through the list, and slowly they eliminated several people until there were only about seven eligible people on the list. Unfortunately for him, his brother Sung Na was on that list. The list was now as follows....

Lord Ferrelonne
Pros: rather wealthy and considerably influential in a number of noble circles and welcomed in most major cities, he is also concerned with family honor.
Cons: He has openly admitted to believing women to be fit only for the home, and while he goes out of his way to protect them, still believes them inferior. He is also been known to drink to much a little more often than is proper and has been known to get violent, which is not a good mix for a man proficient in the use of a longsword

Baron Erald
Pros: Religiously minded and considerable of his fellows. Well respected throughout most noble circles
Cons: Is a recognized warmonger and frequently loses his temper at the most inopportune times, has been known to start wars this way, and he has no sense of mercy for those who are under the rule of those he calls enemy

Duke Ulfread
Pros: Wealthy and incredibly influential, rather wealthy in both lands, crops and metals
Cons: Lazy and entitled, has no consideration for most people, even family.

Baron Theardth
Pros: Local hero and well respected by the masses, has a reputation for chivalry and honorable conduct.
Cons: Rumers that he secretly owns slaves have circulated. This would reflect poorly on you if you choose to wed him.

Lord Darrow
Pros: Successful conqueror and competent govorner, also fairly wealthy
Cons: Tyrannical and uncompromising, in all aspects of life, notoriously so.

Baron Dunnard

Pros: Wealthy and influential, but otherwise nothing of note.
Cons: Notoriously lazy and frequently shows considerable disrespect for everyone around him.

Sung Na
Pros: Strong minded and honorbound, relentless conqueror and most influential eastern warlord of all of them.
Cons: Entitled, and a complete disregard for the amount of lives he's willing to sacrifice to achieve his goals.

"These are the people you wish to attend as potential suitors?" He asked. "Are you certain?"

Esmerelda sighed....not exactly the best of the crop.

"The only men i could most probably tolerate is," she pointed to each name on the list," Duke Ulfred, Baron Dunnard and Sung Na."

Esmerelda leaned back, "but none if them I feel are eligable to wed, they seem to all be rather bad men is some way or another. If I had my way, this list would not even exist, especially with the men listed upon it. But we must work with what we have."

She longed for better options....better yet she longed to marry for love but she had duties, responsibilities. Heavy rests the crown

Esmerelda picked up the paper again, "This Sung Na, I had met him at my coronation ball actually. Only for a brief moment though, is he of any relation to you?"
Curiosity struck, was Sung Chei somehow involved with Sung Na? Was there possible a conspiracy against here ? For her to wed the one , the other her closest confident just so they could over thrown her? Or was it a mere coincidence?

Esmerelda sighed....not exactly the best of the crop.

"The only men i could most probably tolerate is," she pointed to each name on the list," Duke Ulfred, Baron Dunnard and Sung Na."

Esmerelda leaned back, "but none if them I feel are eligable to wed, they seem to all be rather bad men is some way or another. If I had my way, this list would not even exist, especially with the men listed upon it. But we must work with what we have."

She longed for better options....better yet she longed to marry for love but she had duties, responsibilities. Heavy rests the crown

He shrugged. "They might just choke on a fishbone or something, who knows, you just might not have to deal with them. Accidents happen after all."

Of course, she'd understand what he meant. She'd know exactly what he meant.

Esmerelda picked up the paper again, "This Sung Na, I had met him at my coronation ball actually. Only for a brief moment though, is he of any relation to you?"
Curiosity struck, was Sung Chei somehow involved with Sung Na? Was there possible a conspiracy against here ? For her to wed the one , the other her closest confident just so they could over thrown her? Or was it a mere coincidence?

He sighed, and sat back in the chair he'd taken a seat in, looking down grimly. "I do. Much as I wish I didn't."

He clearly didn't like Sung Na much.

exactly what he meant
This made Esmerelda laugh, unfortunately for her , she didnt have the most graceful laugh either, she actually tended to snort. "Yes," she winked "accidents tend to happen."

He shrugged. "They might just choke on a fishbone or something, who knows, you just might not have to deal with them. Accidents happen after all."

Of course, she'd understand what he meant. She'd know exactly what he meant.

He sighed, and sat back in the chair he'd taken a seat in, looking down grimly. "I do. Much as I wish I didn't."

He clearly didn't like Sung Na much.
Esmerelda had reason to be curious, her eyebrow raised, now she was cautios. "Eleaborate."

Esmerelda had reason to be curious, her eyebrow raised, now she was cautios. "Eleaborate."

"I would rather not tell you everything. But I will tell you that we put our family name before our given name." He said. "Sung Na is my brother. We don't get along. He's the one who sent those mercenaries I killed, and I'd rather leave it at that."

He looked over the list again. "So these people will be coming tomorrow night for a ball where you will choose a suitor to court you? If Sung Na ends up attending I will be avoiding the room he's in."

, and I'd rather leave it at that
Esmerelda was take a back by this sudden information...mercenaries to kill his own brother? Rough. "Well he just sounds delightful," sarcasm dripped off her lips as she said that.

"As for the ball, it would not be necessary for you to attend anyways, you have no need to be in the public eye. My guard detail will be with me, i just ask you to keep an eye on things and keep an ear to the ground." Esmerelda placed the papers into her desk drawer, "I cannot have tomorrow evenings ball to have any type of complications."

"Why don't we go for a stroll through the gardens?" A soft smile rested on Esme lips, it was genuine. Politica aside, she needed to from a bond with Sung Chei, they needed to build each others trust, know each others weak points, rhat why, they would be a force to be reconned with if they stood firmly side by side and knew where their loyalty lay.

Esmerelda was take a back by this sudden information...mercenaries to kill his own brother? Rough. "Well he just sounds delightful," sarcasm dripped off her lips as she said that.

He nodded grimly, her sarcasm hitting home. It was returned with his own sarcastic, "That he is."

"As for the ball, it would not be necessary for you to attend anyways, you have no need to be in the public eye. My guard detail will be with me, i just ask you to keep an eye on things and keep an ear to the ground." Esmerelda placed the papers into her desk drawer, "I cannot have tomorrow evenings ball to have any type of complications."

He nodded again, "that's good. I may be better able to protect you away from the ballroom anyway. You can count on me to take care of any potential complications that may come up. I can promise you that."

"Why don't we go for a stroll through the gardens?" A soft smile rested on Esme lips, it was genuine. Politica aside, she needed to from a bond with Sung Chei, they needed to build each others trust, know each others weak points, rhat why, they would be a force to be reconned with if they stood firmly side by side and knew where their loyalty lay.

He thought for a moment. "That sounds lovely. I'll be happy to take such a stroll with you."

He stood up, and a true gentleman, he held the door open for her as they left. And he then followed her through the castle to the garden. "Any particular purpose for this stroll my lady?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Esmeralda
I can promise you that.
"Much appreciated."

"Any particular purpose for this stroll my lady?
Esmerelda stood, his manners much appreciated, "Well Sung Chei," she started leading the way to the court yard which lead to the private gardens. "You are to become my closest confidant, therefor I feel the need for us to become more comfortable in each others company. Build a level of trust."

As they reached the gardens, one of her ladies maids came over with a umbrella to protect the pair from the sun. "There is no need for that today, thank you Whitney." Esme smiled politely and her maid stood as the pair continued their stroll.

"We need to establish where your loyalty lies, this will allow me to lower my expectations. As they should, my loyalty lies by my people and I shall always choose what is best for my kingdom, regardless of my own feelings."

"We need to establish where your loyalty lies, this will allow me to lower my expectations. As they should, my loyalty lies by my people and I shall always choose what is best for my kingdom, regardless of my own feelings."

He nodded approvingly. "Such are the responsibility of those who rule. It's not that common to find a king or queen with such an attitude, it leads me to believe you will do quite well for your people."

He looked around the garden. It was significantly different from the gardens back home, the plants were different, their placements different, all of it. But it was beautiful to see.

"My loyalty lies with the principles of honour and of justice. So long as you do not intentionally turn away from such ideals, you will have my loyalty. But based on your last statement, I doubt I need to worry about such a thing. So, my sword is yours."

"Thank you Sung Chei, you are a honorable man."
The pair continued to wonder the gardens.
"Why don't you tell me more about yourself, any hobbies or interests? Besides those involving your trade of course."

• Popcorn
"Thank you Sung Chei, you are a honorable man."
The pair continued to wonder the gardens.
"Why don't you tell me more about yourself, any hobbies or interests? Besides those involving your trade of course."

He shrugged. "Not really. I only ever do things that involve my trade or basic maintenance of my weapons, that's about it. I read occasionally, and my teacher gave me a few scrolls I have yet to fully master but other than that, nothing really. What about you? Any hobbies besides ruling and breaking things?"

He shrugged. "Not really. I only ever do things that involve my trade or basic maintenance of my weapons, that's about it. I read occasionally, and my teacher gave me a few scrolls I have yet to fully master but other than that, nothing really. What about you? Any hobbies besides ruling and breaking things?"
Esmerelda rolled her eyes, she had to admit that Sung Chei's comments did often lighten her mood.
"I enjoy painting as well as archery, reading is also how I spend many of my free moments."

A small bell rang in the distance,"Ah, time for my morning tea - do you care to join?" Esmerelda asked politely

• Popcorn
Esmerelda rolled her eyes, she had to admit that Sung Chei's comments did often lighten her mood.
"I enjoy painting as well as archery, reading is also how I spend many of my free moments."

He smiled, "good hobbies to have. What sort of books if I may ask?"

A small bell rang in the distance,"Ah, time for my morning tea - do you care to join?" Esmerelda asked politely

"I see no reason why not." He said with a shrug. "Though the tea you westerners have is significantly different from the tea we have back home. How can you stand it being black and bitter the way it is?"

The pair made their way back to the castle and approached a veranda where their tea had been set down.
"Well we can easily import some tea of your liking if you wish, I prefer mind with some cows milk and suger - just like you I do not see the appeal on the normal ways of enjoying the beverage."

By know the two had reached the veranda, steam was still coming from the cups. Esmerlda took her seat, her legs slightly angled to the side as she was taught - ladylike with great posture.

"When it comes to reading material I rather enjoy poetry, one of my favorite writers is Sir Killlian Johnston," Esmerleda leaned in slightly her voice in a tone that was a whisper as well as laced with mischievousness, "Sir Killian is actually a women."

• Popcorn
The pair made their way back to the castle and approached a veranda where their tea had been set down.
"Well we can easily import some tea of your liking if you wish, I prefer mind with some cows milk and suger - just like you I do not see the appeal on the normal ways of enjoying the beverage."

"That is appreciated but unnecessary." He told her, "I have had western tea a few times, I don't mind it's strength, it simply caught me off guard the first time. Tea back home is green, and while not sweet it's not butter, minty almost, I'm not entirely sure of it's western equivalent in terms of taste but it's a lot more leafy than your usual black tea."

He seemed to mostly be in observation of the differences. But when she mentioned how she likes hers he thought. "Hmm, I might try that. See how it tastes."

By know the two had reached the veranda, steam was still coming from the cups. Esmerlda took her seat, her legs slightly angled to the side as she was taught - ladylike with great posture.

"When it comes to reading material I rather enjoy poetry, one of my favorite writers is Sir Killlian Johnston," Esmerleda leaned in slightly her voice in a tone that was a whisper as well as laced with mischievousness, "Sir Killian is actually a women."

He sat rather differently. His legs were rigid and close together but spread to a point, his own back just as straight as hers but significantly less ladylike, of course, and a little more rigid, as if he were ready to leap to his feet and kill something in an instant.

He hmmed in thought. "I've her the title Ser used to refer to women before. Usually given to Knights right?"

erms of taste but it's a lot more leafy than your usual black tea."
" That actually sounds quite tasteful."

fore. Usually given to Knights right
Esmerelda nodded, "yes that is correct. The writer uses an alies, a Knight who after he retired from battle decided to enjoy a peaceful life out in the countryside and persue writing." Esmerelda sipped at her tea, "but the identity and lifestyle is unkown, she could easily be a nobel or even a simple farmers wife."

Aurora appeared - Esmereldas Lady in Waiting, "the council has gathered and are ready for you your majesty."

"Thank you Aurora." Esmerelda stood and soothed out her dress, "we cannot leave the council waiting Sung Chei."

Esmerelda nodded, "yes that is correct. The writer uses an alies, a Knight who after he retired from battle decided to enjoy a peaceful life out in the countryside and persue writing." Esmerelda sipped at her tea, "but the identity and lifestyle is unkown, she could easily be a nobel or even a simple farmers wife."

He smiled and gave out a chuckle. "That sounds either scandalous or inspired. I might just give it a try."

Aurora appeared - Esmereldas Lady in Waiting, "the council has gathered and are ready for you your majesty."

"Thank you Aurora." Esmerelda stood and soothed out her dress, "we cannot leave the council waiting Sung Chei."

He stood up, his chest out and his hands held behind him, taking an imposing posture, but polite and proper. "Let us not keep them."

He would follow her into the council chamber as directed.

"Thank you for waiting gentelmen." Esmerelda said as she entered the room.
The room was occupied by 5 men. Each a member of the council ,

Baron Westerly - he dealt with the farming industry in the kingdom, making sure there is enough food to feed the people and that enough crops were collected and stored for the winter months

Count Terence- he was a representative of the people.

Sir Bailey - The head of her army

And then there was Monk Taroshi , he was her source of knowledge and an advisor. Lastly was Earl Anthony, he was in charge of the treasury.

Esmerelda took her seat at the head of the table, "Gentleman, I introduce you to my newly found personal advisor." She gestured towards Sung Chei.

The men mumbled some incoherrent words under their breath. Esmereldas expression was stern. "I do not care for your ill commentary," she raised an eyebrow. "If you have something to say about my new allie please do so in a tone we can hear."

The men went silent. "Count Terrance, Sung Chei will be taking your seat, move further down and Sir Bailey, i would like my right side to remain open. Thank you."

Both men were taken aback at their queens request ... some random man is now her personal advisor and they are to give up their respective seats at the table for him? Ridiculous.

"Sung Chei will now discuss the finalized list of Suitors and then announce who we have decided are worthy enough to court me."

She nodded in Sung Cheis direction, meaning he could now take his seat and began.

• Wonder