Private Tales Another One?

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The men mumbled some incoherrent words under their breath. Esmereldas expression was stern. "I do not care for your ill commentary," she raised an eyebrow. "If you have something to say about my new allie please do so in a tone we can hear."

The men went silent. "Count Terrance, Sung Chei will be taking your seat, move further down and Sir Bailey, i would like my right side to remain open. Thank you."

Both men were taken aback at their queens request ... some random man is now her personal advisor and they are to give up their respective seats at the table for him? Ridiculous.

Frankly, so was he, their astonished expressions were mirrored by Sung Chei's own. He looked at her with immense surprise, and glanced between the two councillors and Esmerelda. The confusion would be visible on his face. He expected to be put on the council, not put in someone else's seat.

"Sung Chei will now discuss the finalized list of Suitors and then announce who we have decided are worthy enough to court me."

She nodded in Sung Cheis direction, meaning he could now take his seat and began.

He, still apparently surprised but a little composure regained, did just that, taking his seat and began to speak.

"I narrowed the list of eligible suitors to five, as directed by her majesty, who then reduced the list to three. These three are Duke Ulfred, Baron Dunnard and Sung Na."

He continued to present the details on each name, but omitted his relationship with Sung Na. And when he was done, he nodded to Esmerelda to signify he was done, and the floor was hers.

• Sip
Reactions: Esmeralda
"Well gentelmen, there you have it."
Monk Taroshi leaned over the table, " my queen, your choice in suitors, well i must advise against. These men, they are quite a risk."

"Well, " esmerelda folded her hands and lay then on the table, cocked her head to the side and replied snarkly, "you men wanted me to choose suitors." She looked around the room," so i have chosen from the list you - my council- provided me with."

"Well , " Sir Bailey pointed his finger on the table, "I rather like this Sung Nona fellow." He twirrles his short white mustache, very proud of himself.

Esmerelda rolled here eyes, "The only reason you approve of him Sir Bailey is because he is a man of war and it is pronounced Sung Na," she waved her hand around, "not Sung Nina or whatever you called the man."

She stood up from her seat, its scarped backwards across the floor, "now gentleman, excuse myself as well as Sung Chei. We have matters to attend to."

• Popcorn
Reactions: Sung Chei
"Well gentelmen, there you have it."
Monk Taroshi leaned over the table, " my queen, your choice in suitors, well i must advise against. These men, they are quite a risk."

"Well, " esmerelda folded her hands and lay then on the table, cocked her head to the side and replied snarkly, "you men wanted me to choose suitors." She looked around the room," so i have chosen from the list you - my council- provided me with."

"Well , " Sir Bailey pointed his finger on the table, "I rather like this Sung Nona fellow." He twirrles his short white mustache, very proud of himself.

Esmerelda rolled here eyes, "The only reason you approve of him Sir Bailey is because he is a man of war and it is pronounced Sung Na," she waved her hand around, "not Sung Nina or whatever you called the man."

She stood up from her seat, its scarped backwards across the floor, "now gentleman, excuse myself as well as Sung Chei. We have matters to attend to."

Sung Chei had to suppress a smile at the mispronunciation of his brother's name. It was an amusing mispronunciation, and he was actually tempted to smile at it, but he was able to repress the grin on his face.

At Esmeralda's final words he stood, gave a polite bow at the waist to the council and followed behind her. When they were out he commented, "that meeting was rather quick."

• Wonder
"If I stayed in that room with those pompus old men a minute longer i would have most likely slit my own throat," she said,rolling her eyes.

"Just by the by, we have no matters to attend to, I just need to go over final preparations for the ball tomorrow night."

She began walking in the direction of her study, "feel free to spend the rest of today and tomorrow morning to your liking." She opened her study door, "Just make certain the proper arrangement for tomorrow evening." She gaving him a knowing wink , entered her study and closed the door softly behind her.

"If I stayed in that room with those pompus old men a minute longer i would have most likely slit my own throat," she said,rolling her eyes.

He chuckled. "Well why do that? Killing them would, most likely, be significantly more enjoyable. Though I must ask, why give me someone else's seat. That was most unexpected and you don't know me very well yet. So I would like to know."

"Just by the by, we have no matters to attend to, I just need to go over final preparations for the ball tomorrow night."

She began walking in the direction of her study, "feel free to spend the rest of today and tomorrow morning to your liking." She opened her study door, "Just make certain the proper arrangement for tomorrow evening." She gaving him a knowing wink , entered her study and closed the door softly behind her.

He grinned almost evilly, and placing his first against his palm he bowed at the waist. "It will be done my lady."

And so he took his leave. But he didn't leave the castle, no. He began to scope out the ballroom. It's main entrance and possible exits, windows one could jump through if need be. He began to work out various plans to assassinate Esmeralda, that way he'd know what to look for, and how to stop it.

He worked like this until about midnight, then he went to his assigned home.

So I would like to know

"Killing them would resort to me setting up an entirely new council , which i do plan on doing in good time. Death just isnt the answer here....yet." Esmerelda chuckled

"As for giving you a seat, you are now my personal advisor in the eyes of the kingdom. Therefor you must be seated at my side. I made the seat across from you open because well, I simply felt like it."

his assigned

The sun rose the next morning, as it did every day.
Aurora woke up Esme around mid morning. She knew her queen loved to sleep in when she had the opportunity. Thus began the preparations for the ball that evening.

Esmereldas hair had been styled in a way of which it framed her face, a beautiful crown made up of emeralds, silver and pearl was to be worn. Her dress had been designed beautifully by the castles seamstress.

It was a ballgown shape, emeralds green with accent cream material. Her chest was slightly bejeweled and once on Esmerelda, it would definitely take everyones breath away.

Attachments

• dd508a5e9b04a872458964762fe7903c.jpg
    dd508a5e9b04a872458964762fe7903c.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Wonder
"Killing them would resort to me setting up an entirely new council , which i do plan on doing in good time. Death just isnt the answer here....yet." Esmerelda chuckled

"As for giving you a seat, you are now my personal advisor in the eyes of the kingdom. Therefor you must be seated at my side. I made the seat across from you open because well, I simply felt like it."

He chuckled. "I suppose that makes sense. But I would advise you not to be too mean to them. They are there to help after all, my job includes preventing assassinations, and the best way to not be assassinated is for there to not be an assassin. So you can have your fun sure, but I suggest you avoid taking it too far, or you may just end up alienating the people who are here to help."

The sun rose the next morning, as it did every day.
Aurora woke up Esme around mid morning. She knew her queen loved to sleep in when she had the opportunity. Thus began the preparations for the ball that evening.

Esmereldas hair had been styled in a way of which it framed her face, a beautiful crown made up of emeralds, silver and pearl was to be worn. Her dress had been designed beautifully by the castles seamstress.

It was a ballgown shape, emeralds green with accent cream material. Her chest was slightly bejeweled and once on Esmerelda, it would definitely take everyones breath away.

(Looks like you're low on battery.)

He, on the other hand, woke up early. Did his usual exercises, stretching and pushups and the like, and left his new home just as the sun was coming up. His ji gleaming in the early morning light.

He went to Sir Bailey first, and informed him on the openings in the ballroom he'd found and advised that he have guards pay special attention to those places in case of an attack of some sort. Then he went to report directly to Esmeralda, after she was dressed of course.

"Good morning my lady."

people who are here to help

Esmerelda nodded her head in agreement.

like you're low on battery.)
( thankfully not that was a screenshot of a screenshot lol )

"Good Morning Sung Na," she soothed out her skirt and did a small twirl then went to look at herself in her vanity. "Now tell me, do I look like I women you would marry?" She asked him

Aurora sat on the nearby ottoman, keen to see how this would unfold.

• Bless
"Good Morning Sung Na," she soothed out her skirt and did a small twirl then went to look at herself in her vanity. "Now tell me, do I look like I women you would marry?" She asked him

Aurora sat on the nearby ottoman, keen to see how this would unfold.

That caught him off guard. He stood silent for a moment, and looked her over, apparently at a loss. "I... Yes, but why are you asking me? There are many people, far better suited to answering that than I."

He spied Aurora sitting off to the side, observing. He had to be very careful here, servants had loose lips and tended to gossip. So one misstep and all of a sudden the city is demanding his head over misinformation.

Aurora burst into laughter at Sung Cheis seemingly nervous response

Esmerelda whipped around, "You are my advisor, so advise me." She dramatically gestured to her dress.

After Aurora settled down, she stood up and walked towards the door, "excuse me my queen, i to must get ready."
She stopped at Sung Cheis side and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Nice going tiger." Aurora chuckled and took her leave.

• Devil
Aurora burst into laughter at Sung Cheis seemingly nervous response

Esmerelda whipped around, "You are my advisor, so advise me." She dramatically gestured to her dress.

He shrugged apologetically. "I'm afraid I have no knowledge on fashion my lady. You look beautiful, I can tell you that, but I cannot tell you how to improve. I simply don't know."

After Aurora settled down, she stood up and walked towards the door, "excuse me my queen, i to must get ready."
She stopped at Sung Cheis side and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Nice going tiger." Aurora chuckled and took her leave.

He looked even more confused by this statement, but he paid it no heed. "Anyway, I came to inform you that I took the proper precautions, and Sir Bailey has been made aware of the potential weaknesses in the castle defenses regarding assassins."

• Smug
simply don't know.

"Thank you for the compliment."
weaknesses in the castle defenses regarding assassins

"Very well, guests should be arriving soon so you make take your leave. Food and drink will be available for you at all time in the kitchens, just ask for Amy." Esmerelda referred now to the read headed maid that seemed to become Sung Cheis go-to when he needed to find something in the castle or be assisted in someway.

• Bless
"Very well, guests should be arriving soon so you make take your leave. Food and drink will be available for you at all time in the kitchens, just ask for Amy." Esmerelda referred now to the read headed maid that seemed to become Sung Cheis go-to when he needed to find something in the castle or be assisted in someway.

"Yes ma'am." He said with a bow before turning to leave. He'd stay out of sight, but he'd keep watchful. Like the hawk stalking the rodent from the clouds.

He didn't take the offer of food, he had already eaten before he arrived. And instead he went to one of the parapets of the castle to look out on the incoming suitors. Alfred, Dunnar and of course, his brother Sung Na.

Each were accompanied by four personal guards each, but Sung Na's guard looked, by far, the most threatening of all of them. They each carried ji polearms of their own, but these were of the "dagger-axe" variant. An older version, and far more suited to formation combat.

proxy.php

Sung na himself, as always, was clad in his armour of mountain-pattern scales with bracers, graves and a chestplate of solid steel. At his hip was his nieuweidao, his broad, long cutting saber, and a cape of black bearing the emblem of a white tigers head mid-roar.

Baron Dunnard was, as to be expected, a tad overweight. Not obese and not even overweight to the point of it being too much, but he could certainly stand to take better care of himself. He was clad in fur-lined linen clothes with intricate embroidery across it.

Duke Ulfred wasn't too different from Dunnard, except maybe a tad more finely dressed, the embroidery on his clothes being significantly more intricate and on what looked to be silk, not linen.

The three men approached the gate, and since Sung Na was the only one who was actually armed, he was the only one who had to leave his weapon with the servants, which he did without complaint. The guards were required to keep a certain distance from Esmeralda, but were allowed to accompany their respective lords.

The three men each came in, and formally introduced themselves. It was time for this affair to begin.

Esmerelda stood in the front of ballroom. It began to fill with nobels and politicians alike. Esme did her rounds greeting respective people, most of them old friends of her fathers paying their respects and childhood friends of hers.

She had been made aware by one of her guards that her suitors had arrived. Esmerelda made her way to her throne and stood gracefully infront of it waiting for each man to formally introduce themselves and later dance with each.

All three of her suitors would be staying in a room in the castle for a week. When the week passed they would each propose and Esmerelda would take her pick of which man she would seemingly allow to rule at her side. Then after 3 months they would be wed.

It was safe to say that the appearance of both Alfred and Dunner were not to her expectations. Sung Na she had met breafly at her corrination but has for his personality, she was still unaquinted with the type of man he was, much like the other pair vying for her hand. How old were each of these men anyways? Esmerelda had only breafly turned 18 herself.

• Popcorn
Alfred came forward first, introducing himself and taking her hand to place a kiss on her knuckles. Maybe not the most attractive man, but he certainly had tact and manners. Dunnard did much the same. Sung Na though simply bowed in greeting and said, "it is a privilege to see you again my queen. I am honoured you would consider me eligible for one so fine as yourself."

It was not much more than that, he was polite, but direct about it, no fancy beating about the bush. Maybe a few words were bigger than necessary, but that was the extent of his 'fancy speech'.

Esmerelda greeted each of the men, she was happy to see a familiar face though.

She took her seat on her throne and nodded to the orchestra, the music began and almost immediately did people begin to dance

• Bless
Esmerelda greeted each of the men, she was happy to see a familiar face though.

She took her seat on her throne and nodded to the orchestra, the music began and almost immediately did people begin to dance

Sung Na stuck to the side, while the Baron took the opportunity to approach her, and ask if she'd care to dance with him.

Sung Chei watched from afar, observing the suitors and their guard. It wouldn't be a surprise if some sort of fight broke out. But not in front of her, they'd save their feuds for when she wasn't looking.

(I'm not sure what to do here. Help?)

( i think she dances with each of them gets to know them a bit more so pleaaseeee will you rp as them and just do their personality)

(Sure thing.)

Baron Dunnard gave her a polite bow and spoke. "My lady, would you do me the honour of dancing with me?"

If she agreed he'd offer her his hand and lead her out to dance, and he'd strike up a conversation, "I hope you haven't found it too boring to rule. I myself have always found it to be rather dull, albeit necessary. Regardless of how you find it, I must say that your city looks to be improving a great deal, you must be doing a wonderful job."

The pair began to dance. Doesnt enjoy to rule? Finds it boring? Well that was definitely the qualities Esmerelda was in search for....not.

She answered his question, "Thank you, I am trying my best. Well I find that running an entire kingdom doesn't really allow one time to be bored. Personally, I take pleasure in the knowledge that my people are happy and well looked after."

As they twirled, the Baron stepped on her toes with his chubby foot. Esmerelda grimaced but continued on as if it had not happened. "Baron Dunnard, allow me to be rather abrupt. What is it exactly you are looking for in a wife and why did you offer yourself up as a suitor?"

• Bless
As they twirled, the Baron stepped on her toes with his chubby foot. Esmerelda grimaced but continued on as if it had not happened. "Baron Dunnard, allow me to be rather abrupt. What is it exactly you are looking for in a wife and why did you offer yourself up as a suitor?"

He shrugged. "I suppose I came forward as a suitor because it's expected of me. I'm expected to have heirs, as you are too no doubt. And as far as what I'm looking for in a wife, I really can't be picky. I have no requirements to be met truth be told. All I'm looking for is a wife who can give me an heir, so that my line doesn't end with me."

He however, did realise he had stepped on her toes, and put in the effort to avoid doing so again. "What about you? What are you looking for in a husband?"

Last edited:
ho can give me an heir, so that my line doesn't end with me."

"Understandable, but I would think that there would be some redeming qualities in your future wife."

What about you? What are you looking for in a husband?

"As for a husband," Esmerelda went silent for a moment. "I wish for a man to rule on my side. Who cares for both myself and my people. A man-"

The song came to an end.

"Thank you for the dance Baron Dunnard. It was a pleasure chatting to you." Esmerelda gave a small curtsy and slipped out of the ballroom through a servents entrance. She lent against the wall and took a breath, she could tell tonight would be a long one.

"As for a husband," Esmerelda went silent for a moment. "I wish for a man to rule on my side. Who cares for both myself and my people. A man-"

The song came to an end.

"Thank you for the dance Baron Dunnard. It was a pleasure chatting to you." Esmerelda gave a small curtsy and slipped out of the ballroom through a servents entrance. She lent against the wall and took a breath, she could tell tonight would be a long one.

Dunnard returned the bow, slightly disheartened. But he was polite and let her be. Sung Na saw her leave the ballroom momentarily, and decided to come to her. He gave the wall a quiet, polite knock to get her attention. "Apologies my lady. Is something the matter? you seem upset."

He stepped a little closer but kept a respectful distance, and stood tall and poised as always, a man of war, and a man of politics. If she were to reassure him that she was alright he'd nod and offer his hand. "Perhaps you'd be so kind as to permit me a dance? I've had to practice quite a bit since last I was here."

This last sentence was said with a soft chuckle, almost embarrassment at his lack of experience.

Esmerelda smiled to herself, Sung Na seemed to actually be rather gentle and charming, something she had not expected from a known warrior.
She stepped back through the servents entrance, poised and collected.
"It would be a pleasure," she extended her hand and smiled.

Esmerelda smiled to herself, Sung Na seemed to actually be rather gentle and charming, something she had not expected from a known warrior.
She stepped back through the servents entrance, poised and collected.
"It would be a pleasure," she extended her hand and smiled.

"You honor me my lady." He said with a polite bow.

He lead her out to the dance floor with a confident stride, and after double checking that his hands were in the right place he began to lead her in the waltz. "I must apologize in advance, I haven't had much time to practice and I have no real experience in such a dance. So please excuse any missteps I'm sure I will make."

Contrary to this, he was actually better than Dunnard, never once did he step on her toes and he seemed to be doing well, maybe a tad awkward or uncertain, as if he wasn't sure whether he made the right step. So either he was being humble or deliberately downplaying his skill to create the illusion of humility.

"You and I have met before, but it was all business. I regret not getting to know you when last we spoke. So tell me, what do you find important in your life? What do you enjoy?"