Private Tales An Ocean of Fire

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Oh yeah," her smirk stretched until it became a smile. "Didn't think you are the type to be easily wounded." Another light quip as he leaned in close. And just as quickly turned away. The hand she didn't know she'd been clenching on the strap of her bag began to loosen.

She managed to keep from fidgeting with the flower behind her ear.

"My brothers. They joined first." It had been the hope to perhaps see them but more than that. "And it may sound naive but I wanted to help others. We heard news there was a shortage of medics or more," she paused not wanting to sound cocky. "skilled healers."

An unassuming shrug.

"I wanted to help," bending down she plucked what looked like a white dandelion and walked up to Rhi. Gently, she'd reach out and take his wrist in her own. A healer's touch. Gentle, warm, but firm.

Then, she'd pass off the plant, her fingers brushing his own as she released her hold on him. "This is chamomile. If you could find a bunch that would be great." Tilting her head, she looked up at him. "What about you? You ever think about doing something else?"

If she understood the laws right, she'd heard dreadlords had a choice now.

• Bless
Reactions: Rhidian
"Ah... we had the same intentions then." He grinned.

He studied the chamomile flower some before casting a glance to their surrounds. Nothing popped out at him, and so he lead them to a slow meander forward. "Mum and my sister are Healers. I was learning from them and thought maybe once my training was over, I could have gone that way... but then, things changed and here I am."

Rhidian twirled the flower in his fingers, giving it a light smell and scrunching his nose. "I don't think my future would have changed much. Dreadlords now work with the Guard, so I guess I was bound to wind up here regardless in life. Of course, I could have chosen to go into the reserves but... idle hands, you know?"

Rhid grinned at her. Cleared his throat and took the two steps to be at her side. Lowering his head to whisper at her ear, "Is that a patch of chamomile over there? In the clearing to your left?"

• Aww
Reactions: Skyler
She could see it.

Charming seemed to come natural to him. And she could see him being BIG TROUBLE in her life. And for now, she quieted those thoughts. Because they weren't even friends yet. Maybe start there. Not read into things. See how things went.

A secret, little smile up at him as her brown-eyes traveled the way he pointed.

"And the student becomes the master," she murmured and winked at him and nudged his shoulder with her own before leaving his side toward that clearing. "I just didn't know you came pre-qualified via your mom and sisters." Wandering further away, she took a seat in the sunlit field and began harvesting some of the plants around them. There was also lavender and some others with golden-star like petals.

"I know it doesn't work like this but if you could choose. Choose to have any magical ability you wanted, what would it be?"

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Rhidian
"I used to want to heal." He winced, letting out a light chuckle to ease himself. "My mum and my sister were naturals, they just knew it all in their bones. I hated the study of it, any study really, but knew I had a knack for it. If I could heal with magic, then there wouldn't be much I would have to remember."

He had to thank Silas and his girlfriend for helping him get his grades up in order to pass the graduation exams. It was not his natural or preferred way of learning.

"What about you? Wish you could wield fire or turn invisible?"