Private Tales A Taste of This World

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
So there was a limit to even that. The healing that she took to so quickly. He made a note in his head, and told him that perhaps even now he would have to stem his greed at times.

Disappointing.

"Far, close." The Demon mused. "Near or not."

Coran clicked his tongue. "It matters little."

Wherever it was he went. Whomever it was that stood before him, he had found little in this world that could stop him. A few had tried. Priests and men who had called themselves Templar. They had died as easily as any others. Succumbed in his wake.

"I ate them." Though not out of desire, as he did with her. This world was an anathema to him. Staying here took effort, power. He took what he needed, when he needed, and those in the church had simply been the latest price to pay.

Coran hurt her head. It irritated her that he couldn't just give her straight answers. "You said you were going to wash me," she whined. Enthralled or not, Genevieve was a uppity, rich bitch and she liked to be treated like the uppity, rich bitch she was.

"I would like to go somewhere with pretty views, Coran." She had accepted that he was not going to let her leave him.

• Sip
Reactions: Coran
Coran proceeded to do as he had promised, reaching for the bar of soap on a small table besides him and gently beginning to scrub Genevieve. The blood tainted water did it's job of cleaning her, though perhaps less than some might desire.

"Ah, I see." He mused.

Over the years he had wandered much of this world, and every time he returned it seemed to change just a little bit. This little mountain town could be considered pretty by some, but he supposed it landed as little more than just a...paddock to people like her. "A palace perhaps?"

He offered. "Somewhere high in the mountains?"

The Spine was large, long. There were entire citadels hidden within them. So it was said anyway.

"I should take you to my home sometime but somewhere in the Spine will do for now." Nooooooo, the tiny sane part of her mind screamed at her.

Genevieve closed her eyes as he washed her. She would be lying if she said it didn't feel nice. "Can you travel by ley?"

• Smug
"The spine first." He agreed with a nod of his head.

Coran continued to gently scrub his hands over her, considering the words for a brief few moments. He would have to watch her carefully for the first few hours. The blood would eventually wear off, and he would have to give her more. "Oh?"

He asked. "What's your home like?"

This 'court' she spoke of did sound interesting, but digging too deep and too fast never worked out quite well. A lesson that many humans had learned from his kind.

"Oh yes, of course." In reality Coran had absolutely not idea if he could, but he had rent a hole in reality to come here. What was going to stop him?

"Big, fancy, nice grounds. I have a pool, stable, and servants. You build up a nice amount of money when working for the Queen for thousands of years." Genevieve shrugged as if she was bored with this talk.

"What is your home like? Your real home not here," she lifted her hand and wiggled her fingers to indicate the abyss.

Last edited:
  • Sip
"I see." Not the details that he'd wanted, but he wouldn't offer her a rebuke either. No, she was in the palm of his hands, and Coran intended on keeping her there for as long as he possibly could. As long as she remained so tasty anyway.

He took an unneeded breath, as if speaking of his own home was more exasperating than not.

"Dark." Coran said. "Endless. A void filled with screaming souls and ambitious monsters."

His voice was neutral as he continued. "A place of pain for mortals, and degeneracy for those who stand as more."

A home he had come to despise.

"That sounds terrible. I'm sorry you had to live there," her voice was soft and genuine for the first time. She had some compassion. Not much but some.

Genevieve leaned back against Coran with a sigh. His chest was hard against her back but oddly comforting. She wanted to be here with him. With a demon, stop enjoying being around him.

"So what do you want to do? If you are enjoying my blood, do you need anyone else? What are we going to do? I usually attend parties when I'm not working but you do not seem like the partying type."

• Popcorn
Coran seemed to think for a few moments on an answer. "It had it's merits."

His 'home' was certainly not a place he ever wanted to return to, but it had made him what he was. Without it he would be...one of them. Ordinary, weak. Mortal. Such a fate was worse than returning. Such a fate was worthy of death.

He hardly understood how they could stand it, being so very weak. "I do what I want, my dear."

Coran purred in her ear.

"Whatever that might be." His fingers dragged over her skin. "Whatever mood might strike me."

His teeth softly sunk into the edge of her ear. "You might be delicious, but I have just as much of a taste of mayhem."

That chaos. That innate need of destruction sat at his very core. An impulse he could not, and would never, explain.

Genevieve hissed as he bit into her ear. He really enjoyed this and she wasn't mad about. Her mind yelled at her that she should be mad but she ignored it. The little voice was getting on her nerves. "I do enjoy chaos and mayhem. That is why I love my job. Watching a family search for their loved one...it's so sad..." A smirk curved her lips. "The best is when I take a changling from another court and then their family has to pay to get them back. That is delicious!"

"My affinity is persuasion so I am very good at making the weak minded humans do what I want,"
she was unsure why she was telling him this. Something was seriously wrong with her brain right now. She knew it but she couldn't stop it.

• Sip
Coran listened to every word that Genevieve said.

It was interesting. It seemed as though there was an entire world that he did not know about, something that seemed to have alluded him. At another time that fact might have annoyed him, but in the moment? In the moment an opportunity was being laid bare before him.

His hands continued to drift over Genevieve in soft, salacious touches as she spoke to him. A smile curving at his lips. "Can you now?"

The Demon mused.

"I think we could have quite a lot of fun, My Dear." He whispered into her ear. "How many courts are there?"

Coran asked, his voice detached, as though the answer didn't much matter.

Chills ran through her traitorous body at the combination of his hands touching her and his words in her ear.

"Summer, Winter, Night, Autumn, Dawn, Dusk, Spring...so seven courts! The fae, for the most part, do not like mortals. If we interact with them...it's usually to fuck with them. We are just rumors and fairytales to many people." Her tone was light but it held the undercurrent of seriousness. These were her people and her home.

• Smug
"Oh, I can relate." Coran said with a smile.

His own kind were often little more than horror stories. Whispered into the ears of children as threats, and warned against in the houses of great Cathedrals and churches. Such things were not without reason of course, in no small part because of Coran himself.

His head shook. "Sounds delightful, though."

Coran let his hands stop on her hips.

"Lets say we just cause some mayhem here first." He told her softly. "Then maybe I'll take you home."

And let her off her leash for a while.

A soft mmmmm escaped her as she smiled wishfully. "Killing? Torture? What do you have in mind?"

It was weird. Genevieve did not necessarily want to go home but she did want to stay with Coran so if he wanted to take her home, she would go.

SOMETHING IS WRONG!

The voice was growing louder. The annoying fucking voice that wouldn't leave her alone.

His hand floated up her body, gently sailing over her belly, tracing higher as he spoke. "Oh I think we just see where the mood takes us."

Coran said softly.

"I'm a man of passion, impulse. I don't look towards the future. Not often." His hand slowly curled against her skin, grasping, dragging across her supple figure. "I only have one plan."

He leaned softly against her. "Keeping you close."

The demon whispered.

Genevieve closed her eyes and let out a pleased sigh as his hands explored her body. She enjoyed this and all but she still wondered what she was going to gain from all of this. He got her blood, which he said was delicious, but what about her? She did not need his hands on her. She could find any male to do that without biting her.

"Coran...what do I gain from all of this? You want to keep me close but I do not see a gain for me..." Genevieve was very self-centered and she did not like doing anything that did not benefit her.

• Smug
Coran clicked his tongue. He wondered if it would have been easier to just feed her more blood and turn her into a drooling puppet. It certainly would have taken some of the fun out of things, but at least it would keep her from asking questions.

"Well." He told her, settling his stubbled chin on her shoulder. "A bit of fun. A bit of Chaos. A light into another life."

He considered a moment. "But that's...not really what you're after, is it?"

Coran had always been able to peer into the hearts of humanity. To look through them and see their greatest desire. Wishes that he could not grant, but that he could tease for eternity.

He could not see into her heart, could not view her greatest desire. At least not yet.

These Fae were something else, something different, but close. Close enough that once he learned it would be enough.

"So what is it you want?" He coaxed with a soft touch, more than eager to learn. To feast on those desires as much as her magics.

Genevieve contemplated his question for a few moments before she finally spoke. "I want someone to actually give a shit about me. I am so tired of everyone just caring about looks and wealth. I am smart and no one gives me credit for it."

She drew swiggles and circles on Coran's leg. "I single handedly have run this human smuggling for thousands of years yet I am just another pretty face. If I got so much as a scar, I wouldn't even be thought of at all..."

Her biggest fear, her biggest insecurity laid bare for this demon who held a strange power over her. "I also would kill for a macaron right now..."

• Sip
How perfectly...droll. Perhaps these Fae were not much more than humans after all. Their desires a reflection of the mortals they so abhorred. There was an irony in that, but perhaps Coran was uniquely positioned to see it. Knowing that his own impulses were simple aspects of those that were terrified of him.

"I see." He said softly.

A hand came up, softly caressing Genevieve's cheek, his lips breaking out into that same smile. He could still not see her desire, not truly, but with her admission the veil was breaking. How much more could he learn? How much more could he press. "Well then."

Coran began,

"Show me." He told her. "Show me on our little trip just how good you are."

Slowly the demon leaned forward and whispered into her ear. "Then perhaps I can give you everything you want."

Run, Genevieve, run.

Stop telling him things.

Why the fuck aren't you listening to me?!

Why was her mind yelling at her? Why wouldn't it just let her enjoy her time with Coran? This whole internal fighting was driving her insane. She just couldn't understand why.

"I think we should probably get out soon, yes? Should I return the favor of the washing, Coran?"

STOP IT! WHAT THE FUCK?!

Genevieve closed her eyes and took a breath. "Part of my mind keeps telling me to run away from you and I don't know why!"

• Smug
He considered for a moment. "No I don't think that's necessary."

Mostly because he had discovered that certain things tended to...deteriorate his body faster than others. He could wash himself of course, but the more physical contact he took the more it seemed his stolen flesh began to disobey.

That would be something else he would have to address eventually.

Teeth sank into his lower lip for a moment as she spoke about that little voice in his head, fingers tightening for a brief moment. "Hm, well that's a little odd."

He told her softly.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Coran assured her. "But maybe there's something we can do about that."

The Demon mused.

"Good because I do not think there is anything wrong with you...well...besides the biting me thing," she laughed out. Was that even an issue though? She was starting to like it.

No, you are not! It's his blood. You hate him. You want to kill him. Listen to me!

She rested the back of her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. "I think we are going to make a good team, Coran. Demon and Fae out to destroy the human race!" Her smile was vicious even as her mind pleaded with her to wake up.

• Smug
"Mhmm." Coran intoned in agreement.

He wasn't really out to destroy humanity, they were far too fun a plaything to get rid of entirely. But for the moment he felt it was more important to keep Genevieve happy and pliable. So he softly pressed his fingers against her hips, kissing gently against her neck.

"Why don't you." Coran suggested. "Tell me when that voice gets a little too loud."

The Demon told her quietly. "And I'll make sure it doesn't bother you."

His hands stroked over her.

"Why don't we have a little fun now?" Coran encouraged quietly. "There's a door, right there."

He whispered. "Life for the taking. Mayhem to be sowed. A village to be left in ashes."

His voice was like a song, drawing, pulling. "A chance to show me everything you can do. Those little whispers you hold over them. That power you wield. That love you deserve."

"Coran," Genevieve said softly as she twirled some hair in her fingers. "There is something I need to tell you about my power. All fae have severe drawbacks to their affinity..." The words hung in the air as her mind yelled at her to shut the fuck up!

"Well...when I use my power of persuasion on people, I become susceptible to compulsory obedience for a period of twelve hours to the first person who gives me an order within five minutes..."

The drawback she had not told a living soul. She had guarded this secret fiercely. The thought of giving up power to someone else was terrifying.

So why did you tell him?! You are a fucking idiot!

"I just wanted you to know because I trust you, Coran."

• Sip
Oh how very interesting. He was really, really enjoying the effect his blood had on her. It was as though it had opened a doorway, and Coran had slipped right through it. He smiled wide behind her back, his touch still soft and soothing.

"I see." The Demon said quietly.

How could this have gone any better? Perhaps if Genevieve had come to him with a dozen of her kin already in tow. That would have been nice, but for now he reveled in the utter perfection of the moment. "Well."

He began, kissing her shoulder. The first soft touch of his lips.

"I'll make sure to keep you safe during those five minutes." Coran told her. "So that no one whispers in your ear."

No one but himself.