Open Chronicles A Tale of Two Slimes

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Character Biography
Link
Somewhere in Northeastern Falwood.

Anebus sat still, and unmoving somewhere in the forest. In which forest it wasn’t sure, but surely a forest. Currently it didn’t have it’s sight runes activated. It’d convinced itself it needed to learn to do without sight as a normal slime would. Though currently it was also hungry, and having them active always made that much worse. Luckily though something soon caught it’s attention. Vibrations in the air that felt like a small creature moving. It hoped the feeling was from a squirrel or some other creature, and not something more dangerous. It took a leap of faith streatching upward, and into the shape of a human. It stood at about five feet tall, and it was constantly wavering. It shifted taking a few sliding steps towards the vibration. Though upon trying to move more it quickly plummeted to the ground converging into a lump, and squirming onward. As it proceeded it attempted to take the shape again this time shambling forth on all floor. It looked just as one would expect. A strange acidic mess crawling on its hand, and knees. Despite it all Anebus felt it had gotten closer to the source. Almost close enough to reach out, and touch it. So it did. It extended part of itself forward slithering on the ground, and up what felt like a tree. A loud panicked caw could be heard as the slime enveloped the foot of a bird. It was slowly sucked further into the mass. It’s only fate to be dissolved and turned into food. With it’s appetite now satieted albeit only a bit Anebus moved on. Though soon he felt something stranger in the air. Though it was something that felt familiar. Something that felt almost like himself trailing through the forest.

Ahh, Falwood, how many years had it been since she last visited? probably a few decades, 50 seemed to be a reasonable count though one could never be sure. "I wonder if Illideath is still around, perhaps I pop in and say hi, I hope she is not to mad about last time". To say she was still welcomed in the Elvish lands was... debatable, some knew of her religious endeavors and were not too happy about it, some liked her views, others didn't care.

Even so there was no telling how some would react to the 'nun' being back in the area, but hopfully most would just stay away and not bother here. After all the place was so nice and natural, would be a shame if she had to burn half of it to the ground to clear away a few trouble makers and self righteous pricks.

Continuing down he forest dirt road nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary, aside from a strange liquid like sound in the bushes nearby. She assumed it was some sort of slime, but something sounded different, like it was jumping up and down... that was rather odd. Peering through a small congregation of shrubberies her eyes came to gaze upon the origin of the noise, a moving green blob, that appeared to have some sort of human structure to it, quite peculiar.

Anebus The Human Slime

Anebus would shift a bit from where it sat in the forest. It felt the presence of another slime somewhere nearby, but now there was something more. It had been so preoccupied with hunting down the food, and then on the other slime it hadn't noticed the presence of the other creature. Something that felt like a human was close almost possibly close enough for Anebus to see it. Anebus would shift itself again turning itself a bit towards the creature. It would attempt again to stand, and regather itself. Something it would do partly successfully. At that point it looked a bit like a melting green person whose arms were dripping into a puddle of itself. It would move its sphere a bit to the head area of it's body.

It would then send a small surge of magic into it's two eye runes activating them. They would begin to glow softly on the sphere pointing towards the area where the human was. Through some bushes it was able to see a bit of the human. Mainly just its face. Though maybe her face was more of the word. The human did appear to be what Anebus thought it remembered being known as a female. She appeared to be wearing some sort of red hat or cloak that reminded it of a religious figure it currently couldn't remember the name of. Anebus supposed it might be worth something to try and talk to the human. It's head would start vibrating gently. Though it quickly became a quicker, and more violent giggling that extended to it's entire body. A noise could be heard that sounded slightly similar to that of a swarm of bugs. Though the noise quickly began to tune itself into something else.

"HELLL...LLO?" The slime would say through its vibrations. The sound of it talking was certainly a strange one. Something like a loud, raspy, and hard to understand voice with slurred, imperfect speech.

The slime watched through a pair of squirrels eyes, the interaction between the human and the other...thing. It felt like a slime, through the vibrations it emitted, it smelt like one too. But there was something wrong with it, it acted like it was trying to be a human? It was profoundly confusing, and the Slime of Gloomwharf hung from the low hanging limbs of a nearby oak tree, gazing on in confusion and fascination. What an peculiar thing, there appears to be some sort of magical properties to this being, an object as its core that glowed and pulsated with magical enegy.

The Slime decided that it desired this object. It had no magical abilities of its own, having to reply on captures victimes with magical abilities to carry out any spells or curses, it even kept the casting arm of a mage from a year ago as a backup in case it got caught up in a situation that required magical protection. Luckily, it would seem that this other slime had found some sort of object that could replace the mage's arm. So, Slime deicded that he would consume the remaining nutrients in the arm and then go and take the object from the lesser slime.

It gathered its mass, the oak tree creaking under its weight, before collapsing to the forest floor with a great WHUMP. It then began to drag itself across the ground, towards the other slime, and the human nearby.

"HELLL...LLO?"

Speech? The slime...spoke? That was even more confusing than the magical object it kept at its core. What a peculiar create. The SLime searched around inside its mass and found what it was looking for, a space pair of lungs, the mouth, tongue and lips from a human child it had recently consumed, and something apparently called "a windpipe" according to the minds the slime had consumed, it arranged these into a shape that resembled a humans respitory system, and attempted to respond.

"Your magic....sllimmeee....wants....give your magic to us!"

Anebus would rotate it's orb to look at the slime which he felt encroaching on it's position. Surprsingly to Anebus the other slime also seemed capable of speech. Though the words it spoke were far from what Anebus would want to hear. It would seem the slime wanted Anebus' stone. Something that Anebus could not live without. Especially because the stone was basically the core of it's being. The object that contained the soul of Anebus. Though that being said Anebus was unsure of how to respond. It's vibrations would start up again as it prepared to speak again.

"NOOO! MY MAGIC.... MINE!" Anebus would say as it extended itself up to grip a stick from a nearby tree. The stick would get sucked into Anebus before being shot out of it, and at the other slime.

A stick lodged itself in slime. That was odd, most other slimes barely even responded to outside stimuli (apart from time to consume it), let alone interacted with other objects. This blob of green ooze in front of it was different and obviously quite smarter. It had magic...and intelligence...the oozy licked its borrowed lips with its borrowed tongue and let the stick fall through it to the ground below. "You...want your magic...and your mind!"

The slime wobbled threateningly as it gathered its full mass up, looming over the human and the other slime like a great jiggling mass of goop, the silhouettes of skeletons and bodies of beings, horses, even a rabbit could be seen through its semi-transparent mass.

With startling speed, it lunged on the other slime, collapsing its entire bulk in on the other, attempting to envelop it and take its magic rock at its core. Though something resisted, the slime of the other oozy mass was resisting, forming a sphere of ooze around the stone that withstood the immense pressure the slime put on it.

Their masses were joined now, fighting within each other for control of the stone, but every time the slime tried to fight the slime, to get closer to the stone, it seemed further away as if the stone was totally unyielding like it had a life of its own. Without the need for aural communication now, the oozy spoke to the other using only its mind.

What is this? Magic? How do you resist? Give us the stone please, we will let you be a slime in peace if you give us the stone!

Something strange happened to Anebus as the slime came crashing down upon it. They merge into one being one slime inhabited by two separate minds. Possibly even more. Though it was clear which minds were struggling for control. That of Anebus and the mind responsible for the actions of the other slime. Soon the other slime began speaking to him through their minds. This ignited something long lost in Anebus. Memories flooded back along with emotions as if it was almost human again. That brought along his identity changing what was it to him.

“You fool! You dare try to consume me the great Anebus Straxium?!? Even death couldn’t beat me! This stone is my life! MY SOUL! It is something a mere slime such as yourself would never be able to control! Your body may be stronger, but your mind is weaker! Learn your place!”

The slime recoiled in horror, a task that was no easy feat when its mass had become one with the other slime, from the outside it would look somewhat like an create great writhing mass trying to tear itself in half, with every tendril trying to push itself out of itself, only to rejoin the mass. Realising after a few moments of struggle that it could not separate itself from the orb without the orb taking a large part of the slimes mass, it tried a different approach.

The mind is the stone? How do you do this? I will trade you a brain for the stones secret, I will find a thousand brains to trade!

The Slime was becoming hysterical, trying to pull itself out of the mass but also trying to salvage as much of its former self as possible.

"Now you see slime why you can not best me here. Not in this way." Anebus would say in response to the slimes horrible behavior. It was clear it wasn't happy with situation. Though Anebus was very happy, exceedingly so. It had been so long since he had been himself. Since he had felt the humanity of emotions, and memories. So now he realized this slime was more useful than it seemed. So he would speak again this time with a proposal.

"I see now that you have something I need surely a means to get it as well, but it appears you also want something. You wish to be freed, seperated from my magnificence. So let me propose something for you. I will separate us for I have the power to do so. In return I want one of the many minds I feel trapped inside of you. That and an alliance work with me, and I will provide you with my great magic. In return I require only your strength, and a mind from time to time. What do you say slime? Will you give me what I want or must I Anebus Straxium take it by force?"

Slime wobbled unhappily, well...tried to wobble, it barely had enough control of its own mass being so close to that cursed orb. However, the magical being made sense...trade minds in return for magic. It made sense, Slime had no way of producing magic for itself, only if it happened to come across a mage or wizard and wasn't hungry at the time.

Plus the being would most likely run off with Slimes mass, a thought that frustrated Slime the most, this being would have the mass SLime had spent months growing, starting with insects, then small mammals, all the way up to entire villages! It took time! Fine fine, release me and I will provide a mind...Do you want...human?...Squirrel?

All this arguing was making Slime hungry...

"Human... always human nothing else. In return you get your mass back, and my magic abilities." Anebus would say to the other slime appeased. He was quite happy with the way this had worked out. He'd expected more resistance from the slime. Though then again who could go against the most magnificent Anebus Straxium. Though before he would separate them there was more he had to ask. Mainly just out a curiosity something he felt often when he was human.

"Now that we have reached an agreement. Tell me slime what shall I call you? Surely a being with a mind such as yourself has a name more than just slime." He would ask it as he shaped his mass into a long tendril above the rest of the slime's body. He'd then move his orb through it to the end where it could point down towards the rest of the slime. As he waited for an answer he would begin to use his body mass to create a rune on the surface of the sphere.

Name? What is a name? There is no need for a name, we are slime, I....we...I consume...others and they become us...and...I....your questions are making us hungry, do not ask again unless you have large amounts of....nutrients....available. The slime felt the other beings hold on its biomass release somewhat, and it took the opportunity to forcefully wrench itself apart from the thing...the thing with the glowing magical orb.

Slime unceremoniously flopped out onto the ground and onto some trees, using some branches as leverage to separate itself from the other being until its entire mass was suspended in the limbs of two oak trees. It was extremely unpleasant, but at least it was on its own now. It considered for a moment, the thought of attacking the slime once again and taking the orb by force...but decided against it, it was a threat as long as it remained sentient...Sentient...minds...oh...yes...Slime fished around inside its biomass, searching for several minutes as the other slime "stood" there, like a transparent human. Finally, it found what it was looking for, and a second later, a human brain was ejected from Slime's mass, and flopped against the other man-slime with a squelch. Finding its human lips, and tongue and lungs it brought them to the surface, "ttthhehree you goootttthhhooooo, taketh thee brainthsss..."

As the two slimes separated Anebus would feel himself begin to slip into his previous state. Emotions, and memories began to flee from him as he lacked a physical brain in which to store them. Though the other slime would quickly eject one such brain towards him giving him just what he needed. He'd absorb the brain quickly feeling himself stabilize once more. How bleak his life had been without such things as emotions. Now they were all back in an almost overwhelmingly forceful rush. So much so that he had almost forgot about something important.

Caught up with the rush of the situation with the slime, and getting his emotions back he'd forgotten about the human. He'd look around using his orb though he couldn't see her. Though it was likely she had either left, or was hidden from his sight by a bush or tree. Quite possibly though Anebus may have been the one who had moved away. For all he'd known during his time agglomerated with that slime he could have gone quite the distance. He'd look around one last time as he began to vibrate his body again.

"HEL...LLLOO?" He would call out through his vibrations searching for a response from the human.

Viktoriya Antonov