Private Tales A new land, a new life, a new friend.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Esmeralda

Queen Of Routé
Character Biography
Link
It had only been a day since Esmerelda had returned from her dreadful trip to her now ex-fiancés home land. Not only where they attacked on her journey causing a new scar ( which she actually happened to like) but it had turned out to be an utter waste of time.

Well, not completely. Besides her lady in waiting running off with her now banished personal guard, Esmerelda had secured a new addition to personal circle.

Ulva Tal'deneshaar, adopted sister of her failed marriage prospect.

The pair had not spoken much on their way back to Routé from Val' Anir but before everything blew up in the young queens face she felt they had gotten along quite nicely. Esmerelda had decided to offer Ulva the position of her lady-in-waiting not only because the position needed to be filled but she saw an opportunity for the women to increase her social standing as well as political allies.

When they arrived at the castle it was already late into the evening and everyone from the travel party when to their respective chambers, and when servants came to fetch their bags they were instructed to take Lady Ulva to hers, which had happned to be on on the same floor as Esmes, just a corridor down. Everyone would have the rest of the evening to settle in, Esme herself mourning the loss of a friend and the thought of having to face her advisors the following morning.

She tossed and turned for hours before eventually falling asleep on the idea of not eating breakfast alone the next day as Ulva would be asked to join her.

Ulva Tal’deneshaar

After everything her family had done for her, cared for her, given her a true education.. She’d never imagined her brother would do as he had, not to the woman who was supposed to be his wife.. A Queen at that. She loved her family, yes, there was no doubt in that. However, she had no way of becoming more than what she’d already achieved at home in their estate. Being not of their blood it caused issues with others and thus, not giving her the options most if not all her family had. It was clear to Ulva that although she’d grown up better than most orphans do, she’d never be more than a glorified servant.

She didn’t know Esme well at all but what little time she’d been able to be in her presence, it was clear to her that they would get along nicely and that perhaps the woman needed her as much as she needed the Queen. They both were on a new journey in life, one that seemed to lead them both to each other. It came to no surprise that when Esme offered her the position, Ulva bit at the chance to possibly make a life somewhere else.. A life of her own, granted tied to Esme.

The trip back to Route had Ulva a bit queasy, sadly she’d never traveled anywhere save for the surroundings of the Tal’deneshaar family's estate. As to not trouble anyone with her inexperience, she kept to herself most of the trip back.

A few words were exchanged as they got to Route and to the castle, with it being so late Ulva wasn’t able to get a true appreciation for it.. Yet.. But from what she gathered from the inside, she was noticeably in awe. What more surprised her was the fact that her quarters were just down from the Queens and not within the servants quarters, as she’d believed they would be. She’d given Esma a quick goodnight before she was led to her room.

Her room.. A room that was at least twice.. No, more like three times as big as her own in Val’ Anir. The first hour she explored her room and the adjoining wash room, still in disbelief that this was her’s.. At least for now. It took Ulva a while to settle down and somehow find sleep but with the journey and all the excitement and her nerves, sleep found her soon enough.

Ulva rose with the sun and quickly washed and dressed, making sure she looked presentable as what would be her first day as Esme’s lady-in-waiting. She made her way down the hall, saying her good mornings to those she passed. Stopping just outside Esme’s door, giving the guards a soft bow before asking them to open her door softly so as to not wake her if she was still asleep. Ulva’s plan was to get her a hot bath prior to her breakfast, a good way to wake the body. Slipping within Esme’s quarters quietly, it took her a moment to figure out where her wash room was but once located she went on with her plans.

Esmeralda

• Yay
Reactions: Esmeralda
Like most mornings, Esmerelda woke up to the sounds of birds outside her windows and the smell of warm tea brought in by some servents no longer present.

She was not sure as of what to expect when it came to her new lady-in-waiting and in all honesty was pleasantly surprise when she pulled on her robe and walked into her washroom to find her bath drawn and Ulva waiting patiently.

"Good morning Lady Ulva," Esme offered her a sleepy smile as she undressed and got into her bath. "I half expected to find one of my ladies maids in here and you exploring the grounds.
Esme couldn't help but half melt into the warm bath, which soothed her sore muscles. Hot water was something she always missed when on the road, though with her new title and responsibilities she could not help but wonder when she would be outside the safety of her Kingdom, seeing the world once more.

"How did you sleep? I hope your new quarters are to your liking. If you wish to redecorate just ask for Lady Twinsell and one of the servents will show you to her shop."

"Good morning!" Ulva was just finishing putting in some of the lavender oil and thyme oil into the bath when Esme made her appearance. "I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to do some exploring, given that is okay at some point. I wanted to make sure you woke with a nice healing bath this morning after our travels." Ulva had soaked for what felt like hours last night, not only to soothe her body but to calm her nerves. This was far more to take in then what she'd first expected but she also knew that this would be the start of a great new beginning for her.

"I slept well enough, might take me a few nights to get used to it but I'm sure in time I'll sleep like a babe." Ulva grabbed the bathing soaps and placed them next to the bath. "My room is stunning; I was surprised by the fact that it was mine. I'd imagine it's the size of two of the room I had back home and a beautiful view, thank you! As for redecorating, I think I leave it is it is for now."

"What is on the agenda today now that you're back home? Anything I need to be prepared for or prepare you for?

• Bless
Reactions: Ol' Bean
As Esme relaxed in the oils, she was happy to here Ulvas rooms were to her liking.
"Only the best for my lady in waiting," She said before wetting her face.

"As for todays agenda," she sat up and began scrubbing her finger nails.
"I have a meeting with my council this morning after we have breakfast, they want me to please and explain after the whole Valdr incident." Esmerelda rolled her eyes at the topic, something she was completely dreading. Majority of her council members she was not a fan off but slowly she would begin to replace two or three seats - a plan she had already set into motion.

"I would like for you to join but if you do not feel up to it just yet, we could always organize for you to listen in other ways." The wheels in her blond head turned slightly, normally this was not something Esme would simply offer but something about Ulva assured the young monarch she was trust worthy.

Ulva Tal’deneshaar

• Popcorn
"Of course they do.." Ulva shook her head "As if it's really any of their concern to know the details. Things change, ideals change and you move on, figure out the best course of action after the fact. They should have no say in your personal life, especially your love life. Granted, I know that these types of things are harder to keep private being you are the Queen, regardless.. Some things need to be kept just that.. Private" Ulva wasn't sure if she'd overstepped in her opinion on the matter but was sure Esme would say so if she had.

While Esme picked at her nails, Ulva had started scrubbing her hair. "If you want me there, I will be there. I may have not been able to speak my mind at home, but I was present for a lot of the council meetings, it doesn't bother nor intimidate me." Ulva stood after rinsing her hands off "Rinse your hair when you're ready. Do I need to let the kitchen know to prepare breakfast or is that something they're already used too?"

• Popcorn
At the Council Chambers, in Preperation for the Meeting

"And, who might you be, exactly?" A overly stuffy man with a thin and upturned nosed asked the venerable Frohoggin who had appeared before the council chambers.

The balloon of his vocal sac grew large, and a low croak came from his toady skin. "I am councilman Be'anklonin Travoh,"

A blink that did little to hide the stuffy man's disbelief. "Right," he said long with doubt. "Representing whose interests?"

Another croak. Sharper, shorter. "The Perfugae's, mon ser,"

A cocked brow. "And... why is Duchess Sabene, or Duke Oran not present?"

The old frohoggin's large golden eyes narrowed, and he stood straight backed, puffed up his chest.
"They were indisposed, mon ser,"

"Hmph," he looked down at the parchment that rest upon the wooden board.
"We shall see..."

"Thank you Ulva, truly." Esme placed her hand softly on her new friend in gratitude.
"The kitchens have a set menu unless requested otherwise. Do you mind just asking them to serve breakfast in the sunroom? They will no which one."

Starting to rinse her hair she continued, "On your way out just send in one of the ladies maids to help me dress then I'll meet you downstairs for breakfast."

For breakfast the pair would find themselves in a room where majority of the walls were glass windows almost touching the ceiling and a view over looking elaborate, beautiful gardens. Three places had been set and the table was over run with fresh pasteries, pork, eggs and fruit.

A burley man covered in furs and tattoos already stood waiting behind one of the chairs already, waiting for the to women to join him.

Ulva Tal’deneshaar