Private Tales A Full Nights Work

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Abrielle Huxley

Grumpy Squire
Character Biography
Link
“Market duty. MARKET DUTY. What the hell have I done to earn this miserable position. I know I just finished training, and I’m FAR from the best soldier Vel Anir has to offer, but STILL… Well, at least the moon’s rising and the markets will be closing soon.” Abrielle continued complaining to herself under her breath as she watched the activity going on in the square.

The market was bustling, even at this time of day. Merchants stood behind wooden stalls covered with canopies of brightly colored cloth. Everything from food, weapons, and armor to trinkets and magical reagents were on display. Shoppers milled around moving from one stall to the next.

Abrielle was starting to nod off when a loud “OUCH!” shook her from her stupor. Gripping her spear with both hands she turned towards the sound. This was it! Finally some action! Her excitement immediately dissipated when she saw that it was just a kid in a cooking pot helmet wielding a wooden sword swinging at one of the merchants. Sighing with aggravation, she marched over to the kid grabbing his arm mid-swing. “DAMN KID! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” Slinging her spear over her back, Abrielle spun the troublemaker around to face her. “Where are your parents?” She demanded. The boy shrugged and stuck out his tongue. “I’ve had about enough of you!” she growled as she grabbed the boy by the back of his collar. After checking to see if the merchant was okay, Abrielle hauled the child to the nearest guard building, kicking and screaming. “Found this... ‘thing’ attacking one of the merchants.” she stated matter-of-factly to one of the other guards inside.

“Did you try to locate his parents?” asked the other guard.
“No”
“Why not?
“Because”

At this point Abrielle was starting to lose it. First the kid, and now the questions. Outside the evening bell tolled. “He’s your problem now,” she said shoving the kid towards the other guard.

“But we have to get him back to his parents!”
“Like I said - Not my problem.”
“I’ll have to report this… incident to the lieutenant you know.”
“Don’t care!” Abrielle called back to him.

Raising her arm, she waved dismissively as she walked out the door. She had spent her entire day standing around that stupid marketplace barely moving. She was starving and began making her way to her favorite tavern at the far end of the market.

Ferelith Scathach

Last edited:
  • Wonder
Reactions: Ferelith Scathach
“So that’s all they want?” Ferelith asked with a raised eyebrow. “Yes..” The man across from her cloaked in the shadow of the corner he sat with his back to. “I assume it wont be a problem to obtain...” the man continued as Ferelith rolled her eyes. “Yeah yeah..” She said with a smirk.

Reaching inside her shirt she withdrew a beautiful necklace. The kind a noble would wear. Or more specifically the kind a very rich noble would give to the daughter of someone of very high standing in Vel Anir. Which was exactly what it was. “I can give you half for it now.

Half after the buyer sees it’s real.” He began reaching for it only to have it disappear. “Ah ah. Full payment or I’m going to the next buyer.” Ferelith said firmly. “Wait..” the man began as she rose to go. “Can’t wait love. You made your offer. I have better ones.” She said with a smirk. Making it to the door and looking over her shoulder before she slammed into someone.

They fell in a tangle of limbs and the necklace flew from her rather form fitting shirt and landed right on top of the person she had landed on top of’s face.

“Hey! Watch it!” Ferelith grumbled pushing up and off of her slightly. Moving to grab the necklace as well.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Abrielle Huxley
There it was. The Brass Cat. Best tavern in Vel Anir.

Just as Abrielle opened the door, a small figure rammed into her and sent both of them flying backwards onto the street. “WHAT THE F%@$ IS YOUR PROBLEM?!” she shouted angrily after catching her breath. It took a moment for her to realize the figure who had run into her was a young female, early teens if she had to guess. A sleeveless leather tunic and some kind of animal fur draped over her shoulders was a stark contrast to the armor and the bright noble's clothes that were common in the city. "Must not be from around here," Abrielle thought. Just great. Another kid.

Abrielle slapped the girl’s hand away as she began reaching towards her face. A cold sensation caused her to reach for her own face where she found a beautifully ornate necklace. Abrielle sat up and pushed the girl off of her with an exasperated sigh. ”Look, kid. I don't know who you are or where you got this necklace, but ya better scamper back home to mommy before you get into some real trouble.” Getting to her feet she tucked the necklace into her leather pouch. Turning it in would have to wait until after dinner. Looking at the girl one last time, she began climbing the steps back to the tavern.

Ferelith Scathach

Last edited:
  • Yay
Her hand was surprisingly slapped away! She bristled as she was shoved off of the girl she had landed on. She finally got a good look at who she had bumped into. A girl with a shock of red hair in guard armor. Couldn’t have been much older than her. She almost let it go until the girl sat up and POCKETED the necklace...and called her a kid....

A hand would seize her ankle as she began to climb the steps to the tavern.

“Unless you want to know my problem you’ll give that back!” She snapped pulling herself to her feet. Getting nose to nose with the girl almost exactly her height.

“And I’m no kid shorty. Don’t project your problems on to me.” She said looking her square in the eye. Hatred already burning brightly behind them. She also had a good number of tattoos and scars on display as she finally stood in direct sunlight.

Her vampiric teeth displayed as well with her mouth set into an angry snarl. “Now give it back or I’ll make you regret it.” She said moving to push Abrielle against the nearest wall.

She pressed against her. Close enough that her tongue almost tickled the other girls ear as she whispered.

“And I don’t want to make a pretty girl like you regret a nasty thing like that..” She said as her hands would gently feel her up for other valuables while seeming to be simply feeling her up for pleasure. Ferelith would be lying to herself if she didn’t find some secret joy in the task but as it was..Maybe a little. “Besides..I’m not someone you want as an enemy..When we could be friends..” Sje finished pressing up against her in an almost flirtatious way as a couple of people passed. An ol

If someone was threatening another....people often took time to stop for a moment and see what was happening. If it was flirty people often looked away quickly embarrassed. The flirtatious action turned far darker.

Her hand sliding down her stomach and moving to the pouch. “So just let me..” She began as her hand grazed the opening of the leather pouch the necklace rested in.

• Yay
Abrielle let out a squeak of surprise as the other woman pressed up against her. She had never been this close to another person before, let alone another woman. What if someone she knew walked by and saw her like this? Rumors were bound to be started about her. She felt small hands start moving along her body in a sensual sort of way. “H-Hey! Stop that!” she hissed, her face turning almost the same color as her hair.

Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm herself searching for a solution to her current predicament. Her back was literally up against a wall, and her assailant seemed to have no intention of letting her go. She had to get the girl off of her and there was only one way she could think of. “I can't believe I’m doing this…” she thought.

“We can't dear! N-Not here! Not with all these people around! Y-You'll have to wait until we get home! Well I guess a l-little bit is okay..." she said in the sweetest tone she could muster. Abrielle nervously raised her arms from her sides and began awkwardly mimicking the other woman’s movements. Her hands wandered slowly upwards until her arms were draped over the other’s shoulders. Pulling her closer she growled “You’re cute and all but there’s a time and place for everything Love. This ain’t it!” A sharp kick knocked the woman’s leg out from under her. Abrielle grasped the other's shoulders and pulled to the side as she fell in an attempt to throw her.

Ferelith Scathach

Last edited:
  • Stressed
Ferelith smirked at her stammered protest “Now why would I do that?” She said smugly her hand undoing the string to the leather pouch ready to slip into it.

“W-wait..” Ferelith paused with a shock. her hand hovering above its target as her prey decided to mimic her own movements. She tensed at the girls own hands moving up her own body. She even flinched as they rested on her shoulders.

“D-don’t..” She said in a sort of voice that was void of any smugness. While the girl she had been toying with had protested from embarrassment, Ferelith’s tone spoke of fear.Not one for being touched in a manner she usually did others.

This done despite the blush on her face.

Her own cheeks beginning to glow as she felt the girls arms around her shoulders. “C-cute?” Her eyes widened. Her own flushing cheeks growing deeper.

her guard slipped as her legs were swept from underneath her and she was seized by her shoulder and thrown face down to the ground. Her nose beginning to bleed bent to the left.

Her blue tattoo began to glow.

The blood kept flowing as her nose suddenly bent back into its normal state. The blood stopped flowing. She wiped her nose beginning to stand up. “That was..Really lucky.” She growled. “But it won’t work twice.” She said warningly.

A smug smirk still set into her features.

• Scared
Abrielle sighed with relief as the touching stopped. She heard a loud crack as the woman’s face made contact with the cobblestone street. As the woman slowly began to stand up, Abrielle could see a crimson stream of blood gushing from her nose that was bent to the side. A Tattoo on the girl's head glowed blue. Abrielle watched in amazement as her nose snapped back to its original position and the bleeding stopped.

“That was..Really lucky.” She growled. “But it won’t work twice.” She said warningly.

Retrieving her spear, Abrielle rushed over to the other woman. She jammed one foot onto her back, and held her spear aimed ready to strike. "Don't move! Just who the hell are you?!" she demanded.

• Devil
Ferelith was almost to a kneel before a foot knocked her flat. Pinning her to the ground. “I’m a problem you could have avoided.” Ferelith growled.

“The names Ferelith.” She spat before pushing up with a good amount of force. Knocking the girl hopefully off balance she would turn and knock the spear aside with a kick.

Her ankle would crunch as it connected but the force was maintained. Her foot would slam to the ground healing as quickly as it was injured. “And you? What’s a girl got to do to get a name from a pretty lass..” She said.

• Sip
Abrielle was thrown off balance as the girl beneath her suddenly rose. Rolling backwards head over heels, she was abruptly stopped by a nearby merchant booth. Abrielle stopped just in time to see Ferelith kick her spear in the opposite direction.

"You can call me Huxley," she called over to the girl. There was no way in hell she was going to be on a first name basis with such a bitch. All she had wanted was to sit down and have a nice relaxing dinner, but it appeared fate had decided to ruin her night with this stupid girl.

Abrielle leaned against the stall and drew her sword. Holding it out in front of her, she tried to catch her breath and figure out a way to subdue the girl.

• Yay
“That sounds like a last name..Don’t want to get too chummy with me love? That’s a shame..” She said chuckling seeing her kick had worked and the spear was no longer in play as she watched the girl draw her sword.
“What are you going to do with that hm?” She said chuckling even more as she drew a long nasty hunting knife.

“Something tells me this is going to hurt you a lot more than it hurts me. Just give me the necklace.” Ferelith spat.

Her smirk slipping slightly and her annoyance shining through plainly. She moved to slash at her. The blade thudding into the wood of the stall as she missed. Cursing Ferelith moved to pull her blade free leaving her open.

Abrielle flinched slightly as Ferelith's blade whooshed past her head and embedded itself into the stall. She was out of time to think. Quickly getting into a crouching position she braced herself against the stall. With a loud roar Abrielle grabbed Ferelith by the waist and charged forward knocking her to the ground. Abrielle wrestled with her opponent attempting to pin her down. She didn't know why the necklace meant so much to Ferelith, but she was going to keep it out of spite.

• Scared
“Hey!” Ferelith squeaked as she felt her waist seized and she was pushed back. Huxley tackling her to the ground. “Let go!” She snapped as she was pinned to the ground. She tried to buck her off but the girl was persistent leaving Ferelith to let out a tired breath before seeming to halt her struggles leaving her pinned under the red headed girl at least for the moment.

“I said get off pipsqueak!” She growled. “And give me back my necklace you bitch.” She added. Her nose beginning to bleed once more. Her growl and general struggle leaving a bit of the blood to splatter across Abri.

If she took a moment to see it she would notice it’s almost blue sparkling hue that was just noticble from the red at close inspection.

• Sip
Ferelith finally stopped struggling beneath Abrielle seemingly giving up. Her opponents nose started bleeding one more. "And what necklace would the be dear?" Abrielle said feigning ignorance. The girl under her briefly struggled again, sending droplets of blood splattering across Abrielle's white coat. "Damn it!" she yelled. "This is a brand new uniform!" She wrestled Ferelith once more trying to turn her over. If should could get a good hold on her then she could call for backup.

Last edited:
“Don’t feign ignorance love. Your stupid with out pretending. It’s like watching an elf pretended to be an elf. Don’t make sense.”She said with an arched brow as she responded to her command for the necklace.
“Besides. Dogs like you just yip. Got no teeth.” She said smugly. Pausing as the jostling solattered

“Must be new yourself then huh Huxi?” Ferelith said with evil glee as her blood had an unplanned but desirable effect. Taking the opening to slyly draw a small knife she would attack suddenly as Abri moved to roll her over.

The knife flashing towards her throat for a quick and deadly slice that would leave her gasping away her soul as she choked on her own blood. “It shows!” Ferelith snarled

• Stressed
"Woah!" Abrielle gasped as the blade of the knife narrowly missed her neck leaving a small cut on her cheek. She caught Ferelith's arm and slammed her hand down knocking the dagger loose sending it skittering away.

"You bitch!" Abrielle yelled. "Ya want to see teeth?" She yanked on Ferelith's arm, pulling her upright while at the same time preparing to punch that smug grin right off her face.

“Shit!” Ferelith snarled as the knife clattered falling from her grip and tumbling away.

She felt herself getting pulled up.

She had seen the punch coming, but seeing something coming and being able to stop it were two different things.

Her head snapped back as she was pulled into the lightening fast blow. The girl was much quicker than the bandit had previously thought. Her front tooth even came out. But the gap toothed smirk remained as a new tooth pushed from her gums.

The bleeding already halting.

“Since I got this new one you want the old?” She said before spitting a glob of the blood and the tooth she’d knocked out into the other hot heads face. If just a splatter of blood was enough to give her an opening she imagined this would give her enough time to try and take the upper hand.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Abrielle internally gagged a little as she felt more blood splash her face, and something hard bounced off her forehead. Was this all the woman had to defend herself with? A sword and blood? Sure, she could magically heal herself too, but that still didn't seem like much. This was taking way to long for Abrielle's liking. How was a petty thief giving her so much trouble?

She twisted Ferelith's arm, in an effort to spin her around and immobilizer her. If she could wrap herself around her opponent maybe this could finally end.

Hearing the sounds of a fight outside, a guard steps out of the nearest guradhouse to investigate.

Ferelith paused when a guard came out attracted by the commotion. Not good. This pause however, allowed her opening to slip through her fingers as she was twisted around by her arm. “Your lucky I’m not fully infused right now or I’d be scraping your head gunk off my boots by now.” She muttered darkly. There was a small vial along with a silver pendent that dangled from a delicately intricate silver chain around her neck. She had wanted to wait until tonight..But she needed to end this now. Before she could however things began to happen.

She was barely operating at this point. Other than her slowly deteriorating ability to heal she was almost human. Still above average speed and strength for her size, but far below her normal power.

She could have ripped this girls arms off moments ago if she had been at full strength. But she wasn’t.

So now..here she was being manhandled by a hot headed guard freshly manufactured in the forge of Vel Anir.

It made her sick.

When at full strength she had both strength and incredible regeneration, when drained had to decide between mediocre both or unaffected one or the other depending on her health almost like an immune response. At this point her body was favoring healing it seemed as she could barely struggle to free herself from this smaller girls clutches.

“Ah!” She would cry out in pain as her arm was twisted. She tried to counter by twisting the opposite direction but her legs gave out underneath her as the girl already was moving to further immobilize her. “Wait! Just hold on maybe I was a bit hasty..” Ferelith said with a trickle of fear entering her almost playful tone.

“Maybe we can talk this out..” She said chuckling nervously and getting more worried by the moment. Her struggling never halting throughout.

• Devil
"Hey! Don't just stand there dumbass, come help me!" Abrielle called over to the other guard. She glared at him while he made his way over. "Took ya long enough," she grumbled.

"What happened?"
"Caught this young lady running out of a tavern with a fancy necklace. Wouldn't tell me where she got it. Assuming she stole it"
"I see...Want some help getting her to the cells?"
"Yeah. You grab one arm and I'll grab her other."

They dragged the still struggling Ferelith into the guardhouse, ignoring her protests, and locked her in a holding cell. "I'll be right back." Abrielle ran outside and returned a moment later with her weapons.

"Right, you take this and go report this to the higher ups," Abrielle said tiredly hand the guard the necklace. "I'll stay here and watch the little cretin." She sat on a rickety wooden chair directly across from the cell, and tipped it back against the wall. A wave of exhaustion overtook her and she drifted off to sleep.

• Scared
She kept struggling even as she called for back up. “I’ll get you for this you runt!” She cursed as she was thrown in a small holding cell. She sat dejected, almost sad..Outwardly at least. On the inside she was cackling. They hadn’t taken her necklace!

Well the girl had taken a necklace..but that wasn’t the one she needed right now anyway.

She waited for the guards to leave her be and Huxley herself declaring she would stand guard. Perfect. Now it was only a matter of time. Sitting against one of her cell walls Ferelith would pull the vial free from its small leather case revealing a pointed end.

It glowed a bright blue in the dark of her cell as she jammed the needle end into her neck. The vial being pulled away after a moment half empty. Her tattoo glowed warmly for a few moments before she felt better.

A lot better.

She bent the bars like clay stepping between them. Working slowly and moving quietly so as not to wake the sleeping Huxley.

She took a few bindings hanging on the wall with out a sound and Tore a bit of her shirt to a strip of cloth. Still moving as silent as the grave she would quiet suddenly clamp ankle and wrist bindings to the girls feet and wrists with lightening speed before straddling her waist facing her. Ready to jam a gag into mouth as she opened it to protest.

“Wakey wakey..” She would whisper. Taking full advantage of the fact she was straddling the girl she would press against her to whisper once more. Though while the past her manner had been almost playful this tone was cold, and deadly serious.

“ Your going to be my bail fee to get out of this hole understand beautiful?” She said pulling away and seizing the girl by the chin to force her to look her in the eye.

“Because if you resist in anyway I will start pulling things off starting with your fingers.” She growled. “And I’d hate to do that to someone so....charming.” She said the playfulness returning to her tone. Along with sarcasm.

(This was all depending on when Aubri woke up before after or during this took place.)

• Stressed
She had done it. She had captured the notorious master thief! Abrielle strolled through central Vel Anir feeling very proud of herself as the people on the street cheered. But as she gazed at the crowds something caught her eye. No. It couldn't be. The thief she had put away was there mingling with the crowd, a smug look on her face. Abrielle tried to run towards her but found herself unable to move. She struggled desperately to move. The thief slowly sauntered her way towards Abrielle, pulling out a knife and licking the blade. Abrielle struggled even more frantically as she came face to face with the thief. Raising her knife the thief brought it down stabbing Abrielle straight through the heart.

Abrielle awoke with a shrill scream but was quickly silenced as a balled up rag was stuffed in her mouth. She found herself bound to the chair she had been sleeping in and Ferelith was sitting on her lap.
“ Your going to be my bail fee to get out of this hole understand beautiful?” She said pulling away and seizing the girl by the chin to force her to look her in the eye.

“Because if you resist in anyway I will start pulling things off starting with your fingers.” She growled. “And I’d hate to do that to someone so....charming.”

Abrielle slowly nodded. "Shit!" she thought. She chided herself for letting her guard down and falling asleep. Now she was stuck as Ferelith's plaything until she could find a way to escape.

• Cthuulove
“Good..” Ferelith said with a nod of acknowledgment.

Releasing her chin slowly sliding a finger along the right side of Abri’s jaw line before slowly undoing her sword belt.

“I’ll just hold onto this for now. And you can leave that rusty window pole of a spear here.” She said giving the girls nose a boop before sliding from her lap.

Strapping on the sword belt she would then turn grabbing the shorter woman by the hair to pull her to her feet.

“And don’t think I forgot my promise to you. You will pay..” She growled as she shoved her forward. “Now let’s get going. Lead me out of here.” She said pulling her close by grabbing her bound hands and keeping her in front.

“No tricks. Once I’m out of here you’ll be free ok? No harm. I promise..” Ferelith said. The edge in her voice taking a slight softer tone as she seemed at least above being a completely cold blooded psycho.

As they came around the corner two guards were in front of her. They started as she tried to pull back around the corner too late.

“That’s her!” One said as they made eye contact. “I turned in that necklace to the higher ups. They want you very badly thief.” The guard Abri had spoken with said with the disease of greed already in his eyes.

“Paid me a good sum to get you out and bring you to em for a personal meeting.”

“Is that how the justice system here works?” She questioned Huxley before remembering the gag and looking away with a sigh.

“This is Vel Anir girl. Coin and power are what built this place and it’s what maintains it.” He said with a nasty grin.

“Well..” Ferelith said slowly backing away. “I have a hostage and I won’t hesitate to..” She stopped as the second guard had dove for his crossbow leaning against the wall landing in a crouch and firing a bolt.

The other taking that moment to draw his sword and charge. Dodging the bolt Ferelith turned and brought Aubri up as a shield against the sword stab thinking the man would halt.

He didn’t.

He kept moving as if to spear them both just to get to her.

“What the fu-“ Ferelith said in alarm as she moved the girl out of the way and took the sherself.

“Ck...Is your problem...” She wheezed out as the blade sank into her stomach to the hilt. “She’s one of yours..” The bandit gurgled. Holding onto the girl tightly to keep herself upright.

Close enough to her ear for her to be the only one that heard the pained whimper she made when the man harshly twisted the blade.

“Didn’t you just hear me? This is Vel Anir! She’s in the way of what I’m paid to do. Follow orders.” He said glancing at the unharmed Huxley.

“It’s a pity. Giving me an excuse to get rid of the pipsqueak wasn’t something I wanted to pass up.” He lamented as he moved to pull the blade free. That was when she hit him.

The fist fired like a rock from a sling connecting with the guards jaw.

Sinking into his flesh with a few sickening crunches before knocking what was left of the bloody crater of his head completely off. Launching it at the other guard where it hit him with a wet thump while trying to reload his cross bow.

The weapon clattered to the ground as he paused to realize how quickly the tables had turned. And the scream rent the air when he had realized what had just hit his shoulder.

It left a stain of blood and grey matter on his cloak where it had struck before hitting the ground with a hollow crack of hallow skull hitting the stone of the floor.

“That is the seventh time this week..” She wheezed a shaking hand that had connected.

Shaking free the pieces of bone and teeth she had embedded in her knuckles before moving to pull the blade free.

“If I can just...” She struggled to inch out the blade. Blood began pooling under her at an alarming rate.

“Almost..” She whimpered through grit teeth before her eyes rolled back in her head.

“Nah..I’m dead..” She groaned as she collapsed back wards dragging Huxley with her.

The point of the blade hit the floor along with her back. The blade miraculously sprang free with a high pitched ping of metal hitting stone just right! It hung in the air for a moment. Her tattoo glowed.

Her eyes unrolled.

Her wounds healed at an incredible rate.

“Ok I’m-.” She began before the sword thudded back down right where it had been before. The string of words that came from her mouth then were in another language spoken only by her people.

This did not however have any effect on someone guessing their meaning. She moved to pull the sword free by the blade itself with both hands pressed against either side of so she didn’t cut herself.

In doing this however she released her hostage.

Huxley had an opportunity here.

An opportunity and a choice.

• Nervous
After removing Abrielle's weapons, Ferelith led her out side. As they rounded a corner they nearly ran into the guard who had helped Abrielle along with another guard. She hadn't noticed it before but they both wore the emblem of House Virak. Ferelith was in serious trouble if she had stolen the necklace from the Virak family.

A bolt fired by one guard whizzed by Abrielle's head as the second drew his sword and rushed towards them. Ferelith tried to use her captive as a human shield but Abrielle knew that it was pointless. She was shocked as Ferelith pushed her away at the last second before being impaled by the blade.

“What the fu-“ Ferelith said in alarm as she moved the girl out of the way and took the sherself.

“Ck...Is your problem...” She wheezed out as the blade sank into her stomach to the hilt. “She’s one of yours..” The bandit gurgled. Holding onto the girl tightly to keep herself upright.

Close enough to her ear for her to be the only one that heard the pained whimper she made when the man harshly twisted the blade.

“Didn’t you just hear me? This is Vel Anir! She’s in the way of what I’m paid to do. Follow orders.” He said glancing at the unharmed Huxley.

“It’s a pity. Giving me an excuse to get rid of the pipsqueak wasn’t something I wanted to pass up.” He lamented as he moved to pull the blade free.
He was right. Orders were orders. That had been drilled into Abrielle's very being since her first day with the Guard. They were to carry out orders without question no matter who or what got in their way - even if it was a member of their own family.

It seemed like the damn bastard was also planning on getting her out of the picture so he could take all the credit for himself. She watched as Ferelith punched his head off his body. "Serves him right," Abrielle thought.

“That is the seventh time this week..” She wheezed a shaking hand that had connected.

Shaking free the pieces of bone and teeth she had embedded in her knuckles before moving to pull the blade free.

“If I can just...” She struggled to inch out the blade. Blood began pooling under her at an alarming rate.

“Almost..” She whimpered through grit teeth before her eyes rolled back in her head.

“Nah..I’m dead..” She groaned as she collapsed back wards dragging Huxley with her.

The point of the blade hit the floor along with her back. The blade miraculously sprang free with a high pitched ping of metal hitting stone just right! It hung in the air for a moment. Her tattoo glowed.

Her eyes unrolled.

Her wounds healed at an incredible rate.

“Ok I’m-.” She began before the sword thudded back down right where it had been before. The string of words that came from her mouth then were in another language spoken only by her people.

This did not however have any effect on someone guessing their meaning. She moved to pull the sword free by the blade itself with both hands pressed against either side of so she didn’t cut herself.
Abrielle nearly lost her balance as Ferelith suddenly released her. She watched as Ferelith desperately tried to remove the blade embedded in her stomach, the pool of blood under her growing larger by the second. After what she had been put through tonight by this stupid girl, Abrielle had half a mind to just leave her there. "Too bad I wasn't able to land the killing blow," she mused to herself. She paused at that thought. Was she really okay with it ending like this? "HELL NO!!" The thought echoed loudly in her mind.

Abrielle crouched down facing away from Ferelith. She fished around behind her with her bound hands until she found the hilt of the sword. Slowly standing up, she pulled out the sword, trying not to cause any more damage. She walked a few paces away before dropping the sword behind her.

With great effort and a lot of pushing with her tongue, the gag was shoved out of her mouth. Abrielle turned to look at Ferelith, lying on the ground gasping for air. "We have to get out of the city. You've killed a Virak House Guard and I couldn't stop you. We're both dead if they catch us."

"And Just because I saved you doesn't mean like you, thief," Abrielle spat, venom dripping off every word. "It's just that if anyone is going to end you, its going to be me!"

• Bless
“What are..You doing?” Ferelith grunted out. Her hands still slippery with her own blood struggling to remove the blade. Aubri crouching in front of her and helping pull the blade free.

“Gods above that hurts!” She gasped rubbing her stomach as the wound closed. She nodded silently as she listened to the guard explain.
“I hate this city..” She growled. Only in Vel Anir would this sort of thing be possible. She reached out her hand to ask for help up but seemed to think better of it and struggled for a moment before she stood on her own. “So I guess we’ll be off th-.” Ferelith began before her new found companion seemed to not be finished.

“You don’t like me?” She said with a raised eyebrow. “But I like you.” She said with a sigh. Rolling her eyes at the ending threat before placing a finger to the other girls lips to silence anything further when Abri finished. “You can end me when we get out of this..” She said with a playful giggle.

“IF we get out of this..” Ferelith clarified after a pondering moment. She leaned in close “and IF you haven’t fallen in love with me by then.” She finished with another giggle before shoving her away.

“Besides. It’s about time our luck turned around. I mean I don’t know about you but I don’t think it can get much-.” She was cut off once again as a wet splotch of foot meeting poop was heard. She stood with one foot sunk ankle deep into a fresh pile of horse dung. “...Worse..” She finished with a frustrated sigh.

“You know this just goes to show you it can always get-.” She began with a laugh before she was cut off once again by an armored wagon as it ran her over.

Her body crushed and bent by the steel belted wooden wheels. A House virik sigil emblazoned on the side.

“N..not....a word..” came a pained groan from under the wagon as the back opened up and guards began to pile out.

“Guard Huxley. Don’t move!” One yelled as they moved to swarm her. A hand wave from under the wagon would get her attention. Ferelith held up five fingers and held one down at a time. “Five seconds.” It seemed to say then she made a motion for her to get down.

The front guard swaggered up to Huxley. A blonde woman not much older than her. “So..A prisoner the house needed escaped under your watch eh?” She said with an evil spirited laugh.

“Can’t say I’m surprised..” she said looking at each perfectly shaped nail in her finger vainly. “But maybe you can answer me this.” She said with a sweet venom that dropped like poisoned honey from her mouth.

“How can someone so talented be such a disappointment?” She said with a nasty laugh. “Do try to get an answer back to me from your cell before the executioner gets his day. Please?” She asked before turning to the men behind her.

“Take her away.”

Ferelith rolled her eyes from under the cart. “Answer me this..” She muttered imitating the woman’s haughty tone. She signaled again.

The same way.

Five seconds...Lay flat.. at least that’s what Ferelith had hoped she had accomplished. Waiting for a nod before counting down and getting ready to return the favor for saving her.

• Popcorn
“You don’t like me?” She said with a raised eyebrow. “But I like you.” She said with a sigh. Rolling her eyes at the ending threat before placing a finger to the other girls lips to silence anything further when Abri finished. “You can end me when we get out of this..” She said with a playful giggle.

“IF we get out of this..” Ferelith clarified after a pondering moment. She leaned in close “and IF you haven’t fallen in love with me by then.” She finished with another giggle before shoving her away.
Abrielle rolled her eyes. As if she would ever fall in love with such a barbaric woman like that. The memory of Ferelith pressed against her and their hands on each other zipped across Abrielle's mind. She blushed and quickly tried to thing about something- anything, else. "She's been nothing but trouble. Besides," Abrielle reminded herself, "I'm not even attracted to women. And even if I was, it sure as hell wouldn't be a woman like that!" she huffed.

Abrielle couldn't help but laugh as Ferelith went from one mishap to another. She gasped as Ferelith was run over by a giant cart bearing the Virak emblem. "Guard Huxley! Don't move!" the woman in the front shouted as soldiers poured out the back of the wagon.

"Well isn't this nice," Abrielle muttered sarcastically to herself, "the Lieutenant came to see me personally." Nearly all the new recruits knew of Celia Alwine. She had barely began basic training before she was sent off for "special advancement". She had always thought herself better than everybody else, and when she had come back some weeks later as a Lieutenant, that had just made it worse. Rumor had it that Celia's family had paid to have her skip basic training, and that she had slept her way up the ranks.
“So..A prisoner the house needed escaped under your watch eh?” She said with an evil spirited laugh.

“Can’t say I’m surprised..” she said looking at each perfectly shaped nail in her finger vainly. “But maybe you can answer me this.” She said with a sweet venom that dropped like poisoned honey from her mouth.

“How can someone so talented be such a disappointment?” She said with a nasty laugh. “Do try to get an answer back to me from your cell before the executioner gets his day. Please?” She asked before turning to the men behind her.

“Take her away.”

Movement under the cart caught Abrielle's eye. Pretending to look down towards the ground in shame, she watched as Ferelith held up her hand. She put up five fingers and brought them back down one at a time, before jerking her hand forward until it lay flat. Five seconds and lay flat? She had no idea what Ferelith was planning but she gave a barely noticeable nod. Abrielle really hoped Ferelith knew what she was doing.

• Smug