LFG A Call to a Journey

Gerhold

Character Biography
Link
Hello there, everyone! I've finally gotten settled on the site, and got around to finish my character's sheet. With that in mind, I believe it's time to get to try him out on a roleplay!

The link to Gerhold Zimmermann's info is here; just click on the name!

That said, let's get into the details.

I haven't had much time to think of a proper, deep plot, though I can definitely offer the foundations of an idea capable of branching off into many different paths with tons of possibilities. Basically, even if you haven't read the biography for Gerhold (I do admit, it's extensive and my writing is not the best), he has been banished from his Knightly Order due to his overly brutal behavior which caused the organization - and its 'parent' kingdom - to suffer heavy pressure from neighboring realms. Since then, he has taken the mantle of a hedge knight, taking part in tourneys across the land and accepting contracts to keep his life afloat.

One day, he accepts a contract at a somewhat wealthy city. It has political implications, which Gerhold avoids like the plague, but the payment is enough to draw him in. The mission is to seize a lightly-guarded castle ruin occupied by a lordling rival to the contractor, and, once clear of enemies, scour the ruins for a family heirloom said to hold a mystical power. With that said, all sorts of people could join in on the search, allied or not. A scholar could be seeking a way to fully search the ruins without the presence of the guards; a thief could be scouring the ruins in an attempt to loot its riches; a mage or necromancer could also have been alerted to the artifact's existence, seeking it for its mysterious properties.

A basic plot, I know, but I believe it could be enough to start us off. The adventure would take place in the Allir Reach, for further details.

I hope this interests someone!

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Gerrard
Well now! Studies have proven that every good hedge knight needs a mysterious wizard in their life. Incidentally, studies have also proven that every mysterious wizard needs an arcane artifact in their life.

I think I can help you with your lack of a mysterious wizard, and you can help me with my lack of a mysterious artifact.

• Yay
Reactions: Raigryn Vayd
If word of said job made its way to Elbion somehow then Liam here can be there as a sellsword. He is a former soldier of Vel Anir. If the pay is good enough then he would travel that distance for work.

• Yay
Reactions: Raigryn Vayd
Well now! Studies have proven that every good hedge knight needs a mysterious wizard in their life. Incidentally, studies have also proven that every mysterious wizard needs an arcane artifact in their life.

I think I can help you with your lack of a mysterious wizard, and you can help me with my lack of a mysterious artifact.
If word of said job made its way to Elbion somehow then Liam here can be there as a sellsword. He is a former soldier of Vel Anir. If the pay is good enough then he would travel that distance for work.

Hello to you two, and thanks for demonstrating interest! For now, we seem to have gathered quite the team to start this RP with, so I'd love to discuss further details, be it on a conversation on the site, or on the discord server.

• Yay
Reactions: Liam Silvern