Private Tales A Broken Halo

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
I heard movement, going still as I waited to see what was going on.

Bitch, what the hell have you done?!

Panic coursed through my veins, even though my own blood no longer did. There was no fluttering breath, no pounding heart. What was happening? Why couldn't I feel my own body functioning anymore? Was I poisoned, somehow? Yes, that had to be it, I had been poisoned, and this was some sort of side effect. My explanation helped me to feel a little better as I lay there.

Then I felt movement, something shifting above me as a blanket was removed from my face.

Instantly, the shaft of sunlight hit my skin, feeling like the heat from a forge. I flinched, wincing softly. But what grabbed my attention was the face of a young man. He was handsome, very handsome in fact. Pale skin, dark hair, a piercing gaze... Kavosh, perhaps? I stiffened, unsure of what to make of him at first. He nodded, speaking softly about a ritual. Ritual? Oh no, bitch what have you done? I tried to swallow, grateful that this man was being gentle and soothing.

"R-Ritual?" I croaked softly, "I... don't know where I am, or what happened. Who are you? Where are we? What... what did we do?"

I could feel the bitch stirring, trying to claw her way to the front. Slightly turning my head to one side,

"Don't you dare, you've had long enough." I hissed quietly.

Turning back to the young man, I groaned and slowly tried to raise myself up onto my elbows. He had mentioned clean clothes, but as I leaned up slightly and the blanket fell away, I realised that it wasn't that my clothes had been soiled, it was that they weren't there anymore. As I glanced down, I gasped. My chest was painted in crimson blood, runes now cracked and congealed slightly. A necklace I didn't recognise lay around my collarbone. Lifting one hand, I touched the largest crystal that dangled from the piece, before meeting the man's eyes,

"You... know my name... do I know yours?" I asked softly.

• Yay
Reactions: Vigil
This went from different, to strange, to freakish in a matter of moments. I could understand maybe forgetting some parts of what was going on last night, or maybe be unable to recall some small stuff, but forgetting everything? Secondary to this, the woman was acting and sounded like a completely different person. Almost as though someone took her place. Still, I held my hand out as she cursed herself and even said something under her breath. It sounded like she was telling someone that they couldn't do something. Who was she talking too, it then occured to me.

Eae had said that "They" would need my help, and since the two of them had split. A different person, and the fighting that the girl was doing now, I ruled everything else out except for the fact that there may have been two minds, two people, stuck in the same body. I shook my head as she asked for my name. Smirking lightly.

"No you wouldn't. But your other half would know. And let me guess, she did this without you knowing?"

Slowly I removed my jacket from my shoulders. Sliding my arms out of the sleeves, I then handed it too her so that she may cover herself until she could wash up and get new clothes.

"Your other half knows me as Vigil, and now so do you. Secondly, Your other half and I performed a ritual to kill your soul, but keep it housed within your body. In essence, You are stuck between the existence of the Living, and the Dead. People could call you a Lich, or a Sine Anima."

• Yay
Reactions: Eae
As the young man spoke, gently offering me his jacket, I felt an incredibly sudden, overpowering need for comfort. Accepting the jacket and hugging it to my chest with one hand, I found the other hand reaching up to clutch at his shirt, not entirely voluntarily. I just needed closeness, comfort, I needed to feel something. Pushing my wings into the wooden floor, I heaved myself up slightly, simply pulling myself as close to his body as I could.

He mentioned my other half... and my blood ran cold.

"What did she do..."

The bewildered whisper was soon answered as the Kavosh explained. He told me his name was Vigil. He told me what the bitch had done. He told me what I'd missed...

Lich

The word stuck in my mind, sending a single, urgent bolt of desperate panic reverberating down my spine. My mind reeled. Everything seemed to fall away. I clung to Vigil, afraid to move, afraid to open my eyes, afraid to do anything as if the moment might shatter into a million pieces.

"No..." I whispered, a choked sob erupting from my chest, "it can't be..."

I didn't care about anything anymore. It was too much. I knew what this meant, but I didn't even try to stop it. To me, it felt like suddenly being overtaken by a freezing cold wave, but Vigil might have felt my hands clutching at him go limp for a moment, my whole body seeming to collapse.

Ugh. That's better. Before our body could hit the floor, I caught it. Well... now she knew, I guess. There's no way there won't be hell to pay later on, but right now I could only focus on one thing. Back in control, I turned my eyes up to Vigil's. His face was close to mine, gazing somewhat earnestly at me. Poor little Eae, she was such a delicate little thing, constantly pulling sympathy from those around us.

I smiled at him, my expression dissolving into a grin of pure satisfaction.

"Don't worry about her." I grinned, "I'll take care of it. The important thing is... it worked!"

With a soft sigh, I pulled myself away from him and stood to my feet. It was a little shaky, but taking it slow, I managed to pull myself up. I took a step back away from Vigil and tilted up my head, I raised my arms, extending my wings and laughing as I felt the combined wave of relief, excitement and triumph just wash over me.

Let's see them try to kill us now.

• Yay
Reactions: Vigil