Layout What was your first experience of Chronicles like?

Suggestions related to site layout

Raigryn Vayd

Staff
Character Biography
Link
I've noticed a few changes over the last few years and am discussing some possible changes to adapt with the staff team:
  • Roleplay and discord chat is still buzzing and very active
  • We've become less driven by spontaneous group RP and more by pre-arranged 1x1 and faction stories
  • The discord has a lot for someone new to work through
  • Very little in the way of new general lore and species being submitted, but locations and character areas healthy
So the ask: what was your experience in settling into roleplay here?

Was everything easy to find?

Was it easy to get into some roleplay threads?

Could anything have been made more clear?

I'm considering as bit of restructuring to make general lore easier to put together. Locations seem fine and I don't want this section overwhelmed with places that aren't roleplayed.

I'm also having a think about how to do standing adverts looking for roleplay on the forum. Maybe something more along the lines of standing writer profiles and what kind of writing you're interested in being contacted about.

Last edited:
My first experience was cool but a bit intimidating because everyone was so good at writing. Despite this, I still found everyone welcoming and nice. There is absolutely nothing that needs to change community-wise.

There are a lot of unwritten rules around here, though, and while some kinda just boil down to common sense, there are others that could maybe use clarification or benefit from becoming written. For example, an open thread might have a lot of participants for something specific, to the point where others are locked out for the sake of continuity and it could cause problems if they joined in. I don't find any problem with that, just thought I would mention!

I don't find that not having a bunch of group rps is a problem either, since when there are big events they feel more special, such as the Illun Serath thread.

The discord is a very fun and friendly place where people are generally outspoken and forgiving if you're able to accept your mistakes. I've learned this well. Perhaps an introduction page could be added in to show beginners the more active channels as well as an RP-related overview of the main communities Chroniclers group into (D-lords, KOA, Empire, FC) and such?

I've learned this well. Perhaps an introduction page could be added in to show beginners the more active channels as well as an RP-related overview of the main communities Chroniclers group into (D-lords, KOA, Empire, FC) and such?

Thanks not a bad idea, actually Discord has that "Take a tour" function. I'll see if we can use that.