Open Chronicles What Lies Beneath

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Peripta tisked as her looked back to their captive, shaking his head in disappointment. Land-dwellers.

"You know, I find it ironic your kind refer to me and my kin as 'barbaric," when you're capable of things such as this," he spoke, gesturing to their melancholic captive. "You've practically taken the life out of them, if that's not what you actually did."

"I sincerely hope this type of interrogation isn't permitted in dryer spaces."

"Y-you are trespassers in my territory. I w-would h-hunt you until death." She said softly.
They were empty words.

In her current state it seemed she would be a docile zombie of her former self with no emotions to guide any strong action. Her eyes stared into the mans now with the dead stupor.

She simply hung in the witches vines.

• Yay
Reactions: Nayella
Nayella had no idea what a Kivren was.

The Blight Witch came from the far, far north. Above the continent of Liadain and even further across the seas. A small string of islands sat there, all but isolated and tucked away from the rest of the world. She had never met one of Kiva's people.

"I've never called your kind anything." She mused angrily, her fingers curling one last time as she looked towards the human.

For a second she considered killing them all.

It would have been easy enough, a touch of rot to each of them. Then she stopped, glancing at the creature who once again threatened her.

"A beast then." Nayella commented. "Only defending it's home."

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Raigryn Vayd
Raigryn had travelled the world, crossing the spine many times in his life. He had ridden beside princes and toured great cities when he had been a respected battle mage. That wanderlust had continued after the fall of his order of mages. Now he simply travelled as hermit-scholar. A scholar with a range of curious scars who knew his way around a heavy sword.

This situation was starting to sound like a bad pub joke. The really racist ones. If he survived he would not forget the truly bizarre nature of this four way meeting.

"Why don't you pull it free of the vines," he offered to Peripta

"I'm a diplomat, not a stooge," replied Peripta, looking towards the witch as he spoke, "and I believe you should be directing that question towards your friend who is in charge of the vines in question. I'm sure it's a fascinating subject of how you control them, but at the moment, your captive hardly warrants such a measure."

The Kivren held their position, leaning back against the tree as they observed the situation. He'd settled a few bouts between landwellers, that was true, but this was increasingly developing into an oddball of a situation. Peripta doubted a land-dweller's tale for children would be more fantastical than this.

"She killed men." Not her men, mind, but still.

Nayella was far more concerned with what this creature would do if it got loose. There was a chance that it would immediately lash out and attack, something she did not want.

Still.

She could sense the air, how these others were reacting to the vines. Nayella was no stranger to such things, magic often made the mundane uncomfortable. Even if they were...fish people.

The odd green glow around her fingers softened, and then slowly the vines bled away.

• Yay
Reactions: Rebecca Fourtuna
Rebecca dropped to her knees as the vines fell away.

Every fiber of her being wanted to tear them all to shreds, bathe in their blood, and eat them. However she just could find the will to. She felt her emotions begging to return to her but they were all muted and subdued by some force.

She slowly rose and walked/ stumbled into the man. Sank back to her knees her hands gripping his clothes as she tried to stir up something inside herself to attack. Her anger bubbled inside her as it seemed to evaporate the moment enough gathered for action.

"Give them back.." She said softly. No tears to cry, No venomous anger..She was a simple shell of herself now. If she didnt have te ability to kill all of them in a gruesome fashion it would almost be pitiful.