Open Chronicles Welcome to Route

A roleplay open for anyone to join
don't mean the pirate, do you?"
"Aah so i see you have heard of me," Killian puffed out his chest, proud of his reputation.

Killian laughed at Valdrs guyliner remark, "well, more so to attract attention to my remarkable eyes. The ladies, well they look into them and become weak in the knees." He winked.
It was safe to say that Killian Grey saw himself as gods gift to women, his charms and good looks assisted in his success with the opposite sex...majority of the time anyways.
"What did you say your name was again?"

"I did... though I do believe it had to do with either your ships always being sunk or your family always paying a ransom.." he dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "So yes, but not in a very good light, I'm sure."

Valdr gestured to where Azlat was, dancing. "Well, so far from what I've seen, it's worked.. zero percent of the time." He offered a shrug. "Maybe you didn't put enough on, I'm sure you could seek out a powder room to freshen up." He would tease in a friendly tone.

"I didn't, Captain Grey. I wish you better fortunes in your future escapades, though I suggest you leave her alone." He dipped his head with a warm smile. The man was far from a threat, if anything he was just bored.

Killian Grey Azlat Ushus Jacob Ford

yes, but not in a very good light, I'm sure."
"Please note, my life style is in no way associated with my family, hence the fact that I changed my last name."
He looked to Azult, "aaah, a tricky one that I must say. But now i must bid you goodbye," Killian now smirked at a small group of ladies on the otherside of the ballroom. "Watch how its done and maybe, just maybe, you will learn a trick or to in helping you whoo my darling cousin." Killian winked and went off in the direction of the ladies.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Quinton Van Rensburg Rangvaldr Tal'deneshaar Azlat Ushus Jacob Ford Rayden Rayes Killian Grey

Nycto followed Esmerelda to an isolated and quiet corner of the ballroom.

"Nycto, I wish for your council. I am unsure if you have met one of the guests here tonight - a priestess named Azlut."

Nycto nodded. "Yes, I've met her." He replied, turning to look in Azlut's direction as Esmerelda did, looking at the woman. Nycto examined her, looking her over, taking in a mental note of the woman, scanning her, as his mask stared out blankly forward.

"I wish to give her a seat on the council. It will be refreshing to have another women at the table and she is not from the North, I think that her foreign opinion and ways might help us in this ever changing world."
"I am also considering offering her the oppertunity to build herself a church, those who do not follow the old ways might be interested in her faith. If she accepts I will offer that she settles here with her family if she so wishes."
Esmerelda fixed on of her braclets. "Think it over and let me know how you feel about the preposition."

Nycto nodded. "I'll let you know what I think soon." He replied, watching as she walked off. He looked out across the ballroom, watching, examining, waiting, thinking. His mask stared blankly at the festivites. Mostly, he watched Azlut. He continued to examine her, scanning her.

So many interesting figures tonight...

Last edited:
“I didn’t want to be ru͞de, but….Well, your hands are oddly cold. Are you feel̡ing alright, dear?”
Jacob threw a quick glance over to their connected palms, outstretched to the left. She felt his hands cold? Odd... They are usually warm. Must be dye to the weather
Despite being a vampire, Jacob didn't have the characteristic cold and pale skin that a typical blood sucker possessed. His hybrid nature allowed him to appear human, with a heart beat and blood running through his veins.
"I am alright my lady. Although it is indeed odd... My hands are usually always warm." Jacob said. "I suppose you could blaim the evening weather. It is rather cold tonight." He added, as he spun the priestess around.

Bringing her back in, they continue their slow dance.
Jacob's eye wanders past Azlats face, and spots Nycto watching them. Jacob didn't think much of it.

"You seam rather puzzled by my cold touch." He said, as his gaze met Azlat's dragonic eyes.

Valdr mentioned eyeliner, or rather ‘guyliner’. Which in a way was regional, albeit to House Ushus of Thagretis. Not that he could have known, seeing as she had decided to forego her ceremonial paint for far more subtle make-up this evening. Granted, Killian was handsome, but still. If his personality was actually likable, then perhaps he would not have to focus entirely on appearance, she mused. It might have worked if she were younger and more foolish. But she wasn’t.

Nor was Jacob ill, on closer inspection. His hands still felt a touch cold to her, but that might be for plenty of other reasons. Nor was he pale, he was of a similar shade than her, albeit a different hue. At least he had requested her inquiry – she was far too polite to make such comments unprompted. Still, the idea of accusing him sat unwell with her, even if he explicitly desired such. At least he was not taken too far aback by her concern.

“Perhaps it is cḩilly in here.” Azlat replied, stepping in tandem with Jacob as he guided her around by the hand of his outstretched arm. She’d seen others do this, and felt confident she could emulate it without too much difficulty. Flowing robes billowed as she twirled, returning to her dancing position once three footsteps had her spun around. She hoped she had executed the maneuver properly – she had to admit it was rather fun.

Jacob looked to her, and she returned his gaze with a friendly but sheepish smile. That a generous amount of wine had her blood flowing, and her skin warm to the touch might have been a further contribution. It could well just be her, she had not danced with any others to draw comparison.

“Dear, I won’t lie; much puz̕zles me up north. I'm far more used to a des͡ert climate, you kn̶ow.” She explained, while the two continued to dance.