Open Chronicles Two-Faced Lover

A roleplay open for anyone to join
proxy.php

Watching Cleo was proving to be endlessly interesting. She held up the little cakes but Cleo sniffed right past them to the table, where she proceeded to sniff past those as well. Fife genuinely had no idea what was determining the dismissal of those offered treats, because it all looked interesting and tasty.

Until she finally remarked on chocolate content. Oh. That made sense. She didn't know that dogs couldn't eat chocolate. Fife shrugged and shook her head, confessing her cluelessness.

At last, Cleo selected the fruit. Seeing that her companion also had a treat, Fife bit into the first one. Sighing, she tried not to utterly devour it for being so damn good. Growing up on the streets had taught her to scarf down anything that tasted even remotely palatable. Traveling had tempered her to that a little.

Cleo, however, had no such qualms. Fife's brows raised as she watched her happily eat her bowl of fruit. It really was like having a dog that could speak and walk. Poking in the second and final bite of the first little cake, Fife was also biting back a grin. It was cute, really.

When Cleo finally looked up, Fife pointed to the bowl and made a thumb's up. Is it good? A stupid question, given the eagerness with which she had eaten it, but conversation for the sake of conversation.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Raigryn Vayd
Cleo was in the middle of a lick when Fife asked her if she liked her food. Quite literally in the middle, her tongue still stretched across the porclean as she stared at the smaller girl. Then she sucked her tongue back into her muzzle and gave a goofy smile. "Of course it's good! Food is always good if you can eat it!" She said, looking over the rest of the food.

"You know," She said, picking up a strawberry in scarfing it down quite aggressivly before looking back at Fife. "We dogs are omnivores! People think we only eat meat, and so they only feed their dogs meat, but we can eat grass, berries, roots, and all sorts of other cool things! We just can't eat whole peaches. We have a habit of eating the pit and it gives us tummy troubles," She continued, looking around the dance again. "So what do you want to do little mute girl I have yet to learn the name of! You should really have a name tag. Something like "Hello my name is Princess!" or something like that! Actually, I'mma call you pricess, cause you look so good in that dress you could be a princess!"

• Bless
Reactions: Fife
She grinned and shrugged, then nodded in agreement. It was, more or less, right. Fife had ate some things that had tasted awful, but were still edible. That was a counterpoint she had no means of expressing, so she agreed.

Fife shook her head in response to her information, though. She hadn't met many dogs. Eating her own snack (since she didn't have to worry about answering back), she smiled to herself as she listened to her. Cleo was strange, but not unpleasant or scary.

Cleo asked what she wanted to do next, and Fife had started to look around for Raigryn, but turned back with brows high in surprise. She shook her head and touched her chest, but realized that whistling her name wasn't a valid answer to anyone who wasn't Raigryn. Oh no!

She shook her hands in a polite refusal. Gods, anything but Princess. The sense of irony that a dog was naming her, a human girl, because she was the one who couldn't speak. Looking around again, she scanned the crowd for her mentor to save her from being called Princess all evening.

Cleo stared at Fife as she shook her head in refusal of the nickname that was graced upon her, before widely waving her hand in dismissal. "Ah Princess, you may hate it now but the name suits such a pretty girl like you! Everyone always hates the best names for them at first, you'll learn to love it!" She said happily, looking about the room carefully. She was trying to look for something, what was not currently understood. "Oh I think I know exactly what we can do!" She said, taking Fife by the hand and dragging her off with a shocking amount of strength.

She lead Fife outside, taking in a deep breath of fresh air, letting her tongue hang out of her mouth. "You never realize how hot and stuffy rooms are until you get to be outside for a while, don't you think?" Cleo asked, looking down at Fife. "I mean, wow!" She added, bending over and pulling out her violin again. "Right, what was I going to do again... Hmm," She said, plucking at the strings for a second. Then she snapped her fingers, plucking a little song on the insturment, and as she finished, there was a slight flash of light, and a little broach with a violin appeared in the air in front of Cleo, and she grabbed it. "For my new friend Princess!" She smiled, handing it to Fife. "It even has your name engraved on the back!"

• Bless
Reactions: Fife