Private Tales To Have and to Hold..

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
All the attention was not something that Amelia was sure she would ever get used to. She had grown up as a Noble but being a Princess was a totally different animal. It may have been weird but at least she didn't hate it.

Amelia was happy and, like Lynus, relaxing as she drank more wine. When her husband took her hand in his, she simply smiled and squeezed his hand gently.

"It was actually quite lovely," she replied in an equally quiet tone. It wasn't a lie. She had had a wonderful day and she was happy with how everything had turned out.

His next statement made a smile curve her lips. a few extra days to get used to being with him and, hopefully, convincing him that she should stay here.

"My dear husband, I can assure you that I will endure for those extra days," she squeezed his hand one more time and reached for her wine glass with her free hand.

'My dear husband...'

His smile paused for a brief moment then, as though he'd somehow forgotten that not only did he have a wife but that it made him a husband once more. He had enjoyed being a husband, and he'd been good at it before. Now he was nothing but a walking misery but at least, Amelia would not have to endure him for too much longer. For now though, he smiled and reached for his own cup to raise to her in toast.

"To your happiness, my dear Wife." he dipped his chin with a subtle wink to her, and drank it to the very bottom.

Happiness.

It was a concept that she had given up on after she had been told of her future marriage. She would never be happy in an arranged marriage that neither of them wanted but she had learned quickly that she was wrong. She was happy. She enjoyed being around Lynus and she was sad when he was gone. It was something that she had never felt before.

She actually liked her husband. She wanted to be with her husband. She wanted him to want her and to be happy with her.

"To your happiness, my dear Wife."

"To our happiness," she corrected and downed her own wine. She needed a drink or six today.

"Are they going to make us dance, Lynus?" Her question was tentative and laced with apprehension. It was clear that she was not a dancer.

Lynus chuckled quietly. "I regret, as much as I believe you'd have loved to dance with me, that no, we will not be expected to do so.. Such things are reserved for the larger celebration that awaits us on our return.." he gave a small smile and caught her eye, knowing that he would be returning alone and that she wouldn't have to be subjected to such tortures. "You are quite safe." he dipped his chin.

"What they will make us do however.. Is share my chambers." he lowered his tone with a quiet laugh. "But I assure you, My Lady, I am a gentleman."

And of course, they did. When the meal was done and much wine was consumed, his father called the attention of the room and announced that it was time for the new couple to take to his bed and consulate their marriage. Such news was met by a nudge nudge to his ribs from Arryn, and cheers and applause from all others present.

Lynus stood.. "Alright enough, enough.. Animals." he said to a chorus of laughter.. "My Lady.." he offered his hand to Amelia with a nod and an apologetic smile.

"That is very good to hear because I am not a dancer," she smiled at him for only a moment before it faltered at his next words. Of course, they expected them to share his chambers from now on. They were married. That is what married people did.

"Oh," was all that escaped her. She had no other words.

Part of her wanted to sleep with him but part of her was downright terrified. What if she snored? What if she looked hideous in the morning? What if he hated sleeping near her? So many questions and so many worries.

The King announcing that they were to go consummate their marriage made her cheeks grow hot. Never had the act of sex been so publically discussed and it was certainly weird.

Amelia took his hand and rose from her seat. Once they had left the group of merry guests, she spoke again. "What if I don't want you to be a gentleman..."

Lynus paused at the foot of the grand staircase as Amelia spoke, her hand still in his, and he tensed.. His mind and muscles were a little soft with wine, but the statement sobered him enough to know what she had meant by it..

"Then I'm afraid I must disappoint you.." his brow furrowed and he turned to look at her, his voice low.. "Amelia... I." he swallowed and shook his head. "We only agreed to this marriage with the plan in mind. It's not.. real.." he winced.

"I wasn't ready for another wife when I met you three days ago, and I'm still not ready now.. And I won't disrespect you by consummating this marriage when it isn't supposed to last past next week."

Amelia felt foolish as soon as the words had left her mouth and she felt like she had been slapped when Lynus rebuked her.

“Of course, I…sorry…” She said as she started to walk up the steps. “I just got caught up…you’re right…”

She wanted to go back to a few minutes before this and stop herself from speaking at all. Now he would likely think less of her.

Ugh, she thought, I wish I could hide in my room right now. Unfortunately, she couldn’t do the one thing she wanted to and she also couldn’t run to Arryn to receive his wise advice.

“I’m rather tired from today,” she said with a small smile. “I am more than ready for sleep.”