Private Tales Times of peace, and their conclusion.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Elly..."

Nairth's arm encircled her and he held her tightly against him.

"You don't need to run."

Elowen was going to argue that she did need to run but she got no such chance. His lips were on hers in an instant and her entire world came to a complete stop.

This was what Elowen had wanted for so many years and here it was. His lips on hers. As gentle as his kiss was, she found it difficult to give into him. She wanted to, of course, but to give in was to get hurt when the next beautiful woman came around.

Nairth had never chosen her first and this was no different. That is what she had to keep telling herself. It was the only way to keep her heart in one piece.

Fuck it, she thought and in an instant she melted into him.

She brought her arms up and laced them around his neck. Elowen was not sure they stood there locked together for but she did finally pull away and smile softly.

"Nairth..." Her voice was a whisper. Her hands were still around his neck. Elowen did not pull away.

"Do not kiss me then go off with someone else," she said with a little mischief in her eyes. "I have waited so long."

Nairth San'Seya

At first, she resisted. Elowen's body stiffened at the touch of his lips. She didn't trust him, not completely, and Nairth understood that. Standing by his side for all this time, she had seen the mistakes he'd made firsthand, how fallible he was in his decisions at times. Much of the time, Nairth San'Seya did not trust himself, either. He'd questioned himself constantly ever since being handed the crown on a silver platter, never sure if he was truly doing the right thing. It was only now that he realized it was because the voice that had steered him true for so long was missing.

This was one thing he was certain was right, though. There wasn't even a whisper of doubt in his thoughts that she belonged at his side. Not only as a Chamberlain, but as a woman. As Elly.

Nairth's eyes were closed tightly, but the duanann felt Elowen's arms finally wrap around his neck, felt her lips part against his own as she gave into him, and accepted him at last. In that singular moment, the fog that choked the life out of the remains of the Tower before them cleared, withering away and letting the sun shine down upon the pair of them.

As The King held her close, cradling his oldest companion lovingly against his chest, the tower walls that had sat barren and dead for so long would be embraced; vines and roots sprouting from the ground as if summoned by the new wellspring of sunlight overhead climbed every surface they could find, colorful buds of every shade and size sprouting from the green tendrils that heeded Nairth's emotions.

The air swirled around them, wrapping them in an invisible blanket as San'Seya raised a hand, trailing his fingers slowly down the side of Elowen's face as she pulled away. That scheming look in her eyes only widened the already bright smile on his face.

"Do you think me so daft, Elly?" The King teased, "Hopefully I am able to make up for the time lost between us. We have much to catch up on, don't we?"

Elowen Praeda

"Daft? No," Elowen teased back as she placed a gentle kiss on his lips. "A clueless idiot for thousands of years? Yes," another gentle kiss.

She did pull away from him now and let her hands come from around his neck. Her right hand slid down his left arm and took his hand before she started to sit. Elowen pulled Nairth down with her and once they were both sitting in the soft, new green grass, she spoke again.

The Chamberlain took in a deep breath then exhaled it slowly. This was a talk they needed to have with no teasing. It was serious. It was her heart. The heart she had given to him a long time ago and he had left behind.

"Nairth, I have loved you for thousands of years...I cannot lose you again..."

He knew what she meant and it was not when he had closed himself off to the world and to her. No...it was when he had fallen in love with another fae when she was right there. She had always been right there and he had never seen it. That was what hurt her most.

Nairth San'Seya

Elowen continued to pepper his face with her affection, almost as though she had to let out what haHe d built up for so long. The San'Seya knew that Praeda had cared for him, but he'd never known it ran so deep. Did that make him an idiot? Well... he didn't think so, but he also didn't believe the moment called for him to argue with her.

As her hand slid lower to ensnare his own and pull him down to sit beside her, The King offered no resistance: Now that they had broached the topic that both of them had been too stubborn to confront, perhaps they could clear the air of any lingering cloud that still muddied their heads. If Elowen was quite serious. If the word 'love' on her tongue was truth, and it had to be, then there was much to discuss.

"I... My mind, and my passion were dedicated to the furthering of my cause. I was a radical because I felt that things needed to change, and bringing about that change was my reason for being. When I met her, somebody so like-minded and prepared to take on the entire world, it seemed only natural that I fight any who would break my code alongside her."

Nairth was not trying to make excuses, nor was he trying to make her understand. He merely felt she deserved to hear the words. "I think... that despite the turmoil it caused both of us, that it is good that it happened. Everything. My union with Illie. My grave mistake, and the delay of our reunion. For it was these events that allowed me to grow, that opened my eyes to... well, you."

Nairth reached to take her hand, raising it to press his lips to the back with a smile that could only be described as somber. "I made you wait. I am so terribly sorry. My only hope is that I can make up for the time you spent wanting."

Elowen Praeda

Elowen was so hesitant even though this was all she had ever wanted. The what if's circled in her head as he spoke and then when he kissed her hand, she just looked up at him with a shy smile.

"I made you wait. I am so terribly sorry. My only hope is that I can make up for the time you spent wanting."

"I am afraid, Nairth," she said finally.

She debated if she actually wanted to go into this with him but she knew that she should before there was anything further between them.

"I have never," been with a man was not the proper term. She had been with a man, of course. "I have never been in a relationship with anything..."

Elowen looked down as she felt heat rise in her cheeks. It was strange to say out loud. Her excuse had always been that she was busy helping women bring forth life but she knew the truth. There was not anyone else she wanted besides the male sitting next to her. It was some pressure to put on him and her though.

Nairth San'Seya

Nairth understood. Doubts haunted him as well. Could he be what she'd thought of him as? Who was to say he would not find some asinine way to ruin this, just as he'd brought ruin in the past? That fear, the fear of disappointing her, was almost crippling.

Letting that fear rule him would be even more of an insult to Elowen's love, though, and that was a love that San'Seya wanted so badly to have. The King would remain strong, gripping her hand tightly in his own as she spoke. "If you will allow me, Elly... I would very much like to rectify that."

San'Seya had always wondered why Elowen refused to take a lover, why she never seemed to be in male company. For a time it had made him sad, especially when he was married, that she was always alone. He understood now, though, that she'd been waiting for him. Longing for him.

Somewhere inside, Nairth knew he'd been longing for her as well.

Leaning down to meet her lips again, San'Seya muttered against her kiss. "Don't be afraid. Nothing has ever been able to stop us when we work as one..."

Elowen Praeda

Elowen looked down at their clasped hands and smiled slowly. She would very much like him to rectify it as well.

"I would like that, Nairth," she said softly as she brought her blue eyes back up to study his handsome face.

His kiss was slow and tender but it was his words that threatened to cause tears. She had waited so very long for him. She had given up on it ever happening for quite some time. She was happy that he did not find her love for him to be creepy. She had always been open to meeting other males but nothing felt right. Nothing clicked. Not the way it did for her and Nairth. That synchronicity they had even after being apart for so long.

"Nothing will ever be able to stop us as long as we work as one..."

She kissed him once more and then snuggled into his arms against his chest.

Nairth San'Seya

San'Seya wasn't sure how long it'd been when he woke up, still cradling Elowen close as they now lay in the grass. Sleep hadn't been his intention, but the warmth of the woman snuggling against his chest had been so comfortable he'd simply drifted right into a light doze. The sun was still shining, though, so he doubted it'd had been any more than a couple of hours.

Still, the most peaceful hours of sleep he'd gotten in years.

It normally would have been inadvisable to sleep on neutral ground, but given the circumstances Nairth suspected Elly would forgive him, just this once. His gaze slid down to her, still curled against his broad chest and breathing slowly. The duanann's large hand ran slowly through her long brown locks, his head craning down to place a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Elly, are you awake?"

Elowen Praeda

Like Nairth, Elowen had not planned on falling asleep in the grass by the Tower in the arms of the man she had only dreamed of being with. It was the most peaceful sleep she had had in a very long time and she was thankful for it.

She stirred when he ran his hand through her curls and a small smile crossed her lips when he kissed her forehead.

"Elly, are you awake?"

"I am," she answered. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked at him with her brilliant blue eyes. "It was not wise to fall asleep here and I hold you responsible, your Highness."

There was an obvious tease in her voice as she closed her eyes again. She would be perfectly happy to stay here forever. Forget the rest of the world and the other problems.

"Nairth," she mused with a smile, "you are a pain in the ass."

The smile was still there though. A tease with all the truth in it as well.

Nairth San'Seya

Nairth's chest rumbled with a laugh, wrapping his arms snugly around her body as he looked up at the Tower remains, the fact that his life had taken drastic turns twice at this very same location dawning on him slowly. First Illie, and now Elowen...

"Well, Elowen..." His golden gaze met her eyes as he looked back down at the smile she shone up at him. "I'm very sorry you feel that way. When we return to the Castle, I'll let you express just how disappointed you are." he teased her, just a bit.

As much as he would have loved to lay her with her like this for the rest of the day, he had to admit that Elowen was right in that they shouldn't loiter around here much longer. The King gave her one last squeeze, before climbing to his feet, picking her up with him.

"Well, if you're so keen to get moving, shall we return? Or is there somewhere else you have in mind?" There hadn't been a time limit on their 'sabbatical' but they also hadn't decided how long they would be gone. Funnily enough, the short amount of time they'd been gone felt like ages, but it had been the best time away he'd ever taken. Tilting his head down to press his lips to hers, he continued. "As long as I'm with you, I think I'd be fine with anywhere right now."

Elowen Praeda

Elowen did not want to leave his arms or the tower. They had not been gone nearly long enough and she wanted to keep Nairth as long as she should. Once they went back, they would return to King Nairth and Chamberlain Elowen first and foremost. She was not ready for responsibilities again...not yet.

"I do not want to go back yet. I like spending time with my friend instead of my King for the first time in a long time," she said with a smile.

His kiss made her smile even more. That was something that she would never want to stop. She had waited for so long and now she was scared that he would leave her. She pushed that fear down. She would not let thoughts like that creep in.

"Well...where do you want to go?"

Nairth San'Seya

A rather mischievous smirk played at his lips, Nairth's eyes traveling elsewhere for half a moment. "I must admit, hearing you call me a King feels a little different now. Not in a bad way, either." He's unable to make the comment without breaking out into a laugh afterward, swaying her gently in his cradling arms as he begins to walk around the Tower.

"Well, once upon a time this place would have had a lot more for us to do. It wasn't always just a pile of rocks on a foggy hill. Though... I daresay we've left our mark."

San'Seya takes another look at the tower, the vines that had sprouted from the earth at the touch of their lips blooming with a colorful symphony of flowers, saplings that would one day become great trees peeking out from the soil, emboldened by the love they'd displayed in the midst of ruin.

The moment that they'd shared would be with this place for the rest of time.

Nairth looked back down at Elowen, a new light in his eyes that had been so dim when they arrived here. In her he saw another reason to rule, another reason that his actions were not those of a fool. With her as his guide, he could do no wrong.

"I... believe I have an idea of where I'd like to take you."

Elowen Praeda

Elowen would have normally demanded to be put down but she found that she quite liked being cradled in his arms. It was silly, of course, but no one was around to laugh at their actions. They were acting like two young fae who had just gotten their first crush and she loved it.

She looked around at the new growth that flooded the area around them and the tower. It was beautiful. It was no surprise since both of them had an affinity with life and plants. Were they really so perfectly suited for eachother and he hadn't noticed.

Elowen pushed the darker thoughts away before turning to look at Nairth with a smile on her face. His eyes glittered and she almost commented on how gorgeous they were but then he spoke again.

"I... believe I have an idea of where I'd like to take you."

"Then take me!" She said with a laugh. Both at how inappropriate it sounded and the joy of the unknown.

Nairth San'Seya

The King could only smirk at the double-meaning of her words, his grip on her tightening just a bit. "All in due time, I assure you..." They did have many years worth of affection to catch up on, after all. The fact that he hadn't made any attempt to bed her yet was a testament to how different this was. How real it was.

Nairth was a King. There would never be any shortage of maidens willing to keep him company should he ever make such a request. With Elowen, though, he wanted it to mean something. San'Seya knew that when the two of them finally joined as one, it would be worth the arduous wait that he'd put them both through so cruelly.

His lips would place soft, feather-light kisses across her face, barely as heavy as the breeze as he carried her away. To a place he hadn't ventured in many years, hidden away by his own hand in the hopes there would one day be a use for it. Was this such a use? No, the reason he would be bringing her here was entirely selfish.

But the whole point of this trip was for both of them to be so self-serving if only for a while.

It should have felt much longer, but time seemed to move so quickly in her presence, even as the trees that surrounded them called out for attention, begged for his life-giving touch, he saw only her as they walked to the heart of a deep forest, Nairth's hands, his lips never far from her own. A break in the trees approached, and just beyond stood a massive golem of earth, with a stone blade that towered above them both.

And to Nairth, it knelt, providing access to the King and his Chamberlain. Carrying Elowen beyond, the two of them would come to a massive garden, not unlike the Grove that Nairth had once inhabited, flowers of every color bloomed in beautiful gradient rows, and babbling brooks streamed through the ground, flowing from far beyond the trees. A haven for the life Nairth wished to protect.

Eden.

Elowen Praeda

Last edited:
Elowen cuddled into Nairth's arms and got comfortable. She liked this. She liked being in his arms even though part of her still wanted to get down and walk. This was nice. Very nice.

She had no idea where they were as she looked up at the massive golem. Nairth was certainly full of surprises even after all these years. The Chamberlain stayed quiet until they entered the garden and she gasped. It was the most beautiful garden she had ever seen. She could easily live here and forget the world.

"Oh, Nairth, this is beautiful!" She exclaimed as she finally tried to remove herself from his arms.

"Where are we?" Her eyes traveled over every single plant while she waited to get back to her own two feet.

Nairth San'Seya

To be fair, he'd had help with the Golem, though he didn't mind taking credit for it in this particular instance, especially when she seemed so impressed with the display. The garden, however, was of his own making. Even lusher than his Grove had been before the construction of the castle, the arrangement of colorful flowers spread out across the ground like a rainbow painted on the earth itself. Every inch of this hidden place teemed with the energy of life, with peace and tranquility unmatched.

A home away from home, to be sure.

"I knew there may come a day my Grove would be compromised or destroyed. In preparation for this, I arranged a garden that contained all of the flowers and plants that it held so that they would be preserved even through such an ordeal. Many of these are the last of their kind, after all." It was a nice distraction from the world of Fae politics that had begun to dominate his life as well. This place was simple. It held no hidden shadows or lingering uncertainties....

If it were not for his duties, his responsibilities... The King could very well see himself living here alongside her, amongst the flowers they both held so dearly. Of course, they were on 'sabbatical'. For the time being, life could be so simple. Nairth could be so happy.

A soft kiss to Elowen's temple and words were spoken softly like a velvet sheet resting against her face. "This place can be our haven. A place to escape when the realities of the world bear down on us. A home for our love, for Nairth San'Seya and Elowen Praeda, not the King and his Chamberlain..."

Elowen Praeda

Elowen worked her way out of his arms but did not leave them completely. She stood in front of him now and laced her arms around his neck as she looked up into the golden eyes of her love.

"Our haven...that has a lovely sound," she said with a smile. She turned now so her back was pressed to his chest as she looked around their haven.

"How many other women have you brought here, Nairth San'Seya?"

Her tone was light but there was most definitely an undertone to it. She knew she had no place to be jealous of his previous lovers but she was. They had gotten what she had waited most of her life for.

Nairth San'Seya

Any other time, that little remark would have made Nairth a tad defensive coming from Elowen, but the duanann understood her now far more than he ever could have in the past. So it was with a small smile that the white haired regal merely shook his head at the question. "Only the strange human woman who helped me find it. I believe she worked for the College..."

There was a story to be told about how this place had been where he'd encountered that blasted Shadow, possesing a bloodthirsty minotaur of all things. If that human hadn't been there, that would have been the end of him. Nairth couldn't help but wonder what ever became of her, Selina Della Altas he remembered her to be called. Nevertheless, that was a tale for another time. This moment was theirs, and he wasn't allowing anything to stand between them again.

Reaching out to place his hands atop her shoulders, San'Seya's smile split into a wide grin as his Chamberlain, his Elowen looked back up at him. "I never thought myself the type to consider taking up a vacation home, but I certainly can't deny the appeal of sneaking away with you here every now and then. Now come, let's relax. The springs are warm, the flowers are blooming, and I've plenty of drink hidden away..."

Elowen Praeda

• Bless
Reactions: Selina Della Altas
"You know how to tempt me, Nairth," Elowen said with a smile.

The last time they had been in the springs together was the first time they had truly talked in years. It had been slightly awkward but now she wanted to shed her clothing and step in with him as her lover...as hers alone.

"I think we should go to the springs and have a drink or two as well," she turned in his arms again and kissed him. "I need your help getting my dress off though..."

Elowen didn't really need help but she wanted it and she wanted him to enjoy truly seeing her for the first time.

Nairth San'Seya

If it were so easy to tempt her, one could only wonder what she'd been holding back for all of these long years she supposedly yearned for him. Imagining what must have passed through her head did bring somewhat of a smile to his lips, but not as much as when she spun in his arms to press her lips to his once more.

"I suppose you're right..." The King murmured against her soft kiss, his hands sliding around her waist and pulling her in tightly against his broad figure. "This is a vacation. Why force ourselves to pick one or the other when we can indulge?" The last word was said in almost a purr. Indulge is exactly what he wanted to do with her. Nairth had never fathomed that Elowen would desire him in such a way, her affection always escaping his sight.

Now that the emotions long since bottled were being brought to the surface, it felt as though the Spring Duanann had been waiting every bit as long as she to finally have her as his own. The King's lips trail from hers, pressing softly against the side of her neck as his hands grip at the material of her dress.

"It's the least I can do..."

Elowen Praeda

"I agree," she purred out as he kissed her neck and started to undo her dress. She closed her eyes and just enjoyed the moment. These moments of pure peace between the two of them. Elowen and Nairth. She could not think of a time when she was ever happier.

As he undid her dress, she just smiled and enjoyed his hands on her. "Why do I have a feeling we are going to be detained from the springs for a bit longer?"

A shiver went through her body as she thought about his hands running over her bare skin. She had only been waiting for years. Did he even want her? Why was she getting anxious all of a sudden? Elowen pulled his face to hers as she kissed him once more.

Nairth San'Seya