Private Tales Tight Knots and Burning Flames

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"In this case, no," Ral replied. For certain there would come a place and time where it would be up to her to pass judgement, but these little hamlets weren't part of her jurisdiction as an Anirian Knight. Especially not one that didn't even have a local sheriff or holding cells. What was she going to do with guilty parties? Ask them nicely to stay in their homes until reinforcement arrived?

Laughable. All she could do is maintain the peace and get more information while she awaited the Marshall. After she sent that missive off of course. Damn, she'd have to see if this village even had carrier birds.

As for his rash? The Dreadlord took one of his hands and turned it over for a closer look before releasing him. "That's not severe enough for my healing ointments," to which she firmly closed the jar and placed it in her pack.

"So why is it the elves have outcast you?" Time for her own twenty questions.

"Everything I've ever learned of elvish society states they look after their own regardless of parentage." But Ralene would be the first to admit her own education on elvish society was likely biased and lacking in real-world, first-hand information.

• Yay
Reactions: Ianthir
A chuckle there as he rubbed his wrists absently.

"Worth a try, is it not?" Ianthir teased but did not press the issue. The human was right. The rash was already slowly fading away and in the next few hours would hopefully be gone entirely. He looked upon her with a level of bemusement next.

Humans studied elven culture?

Well, perhaps to better figure out how to kill them. These Dreadlords... they didn't seem necessary in normal conflicts against other humans.

Overkill.

But against an enemy of all humanity? Different entirely, Ian believed.

"One of their own, mayhaps you are right, but I was not. Or rather- only half of me is elven." Ian said after a moment of thought. Studying her intently even if his tone was devoid of emotion. "They came to believe half of my parentage was human... and this did not appeal, I believe."

Ian shrugged.

"But I have more sympathy for their position now. Having experienced human hospitality first-hand."

"They knew your heritage at the orphanage then?" Perhaps her mind was more biased than she'd care to admit, but nothing about the man screamed half-elf to her. Tall, lean, beauteous, pointed ears ... she'd guess elf every single time.

But he had a point on the hospitality part and to that she gave a grunt of acknowledgment, "Not the best first impression, no. But now you've learned the truth of it about Vel Anir."

• Smug
Reactions: Ianthir
A shrug.

"I imagine they didn't know for certain, but they knew I wasn't a full-blooded elf and we live in the proximity of a human stronghold." It didn't take much to add two things together and come to a result that they all wished to believe anyway.

"Indeed."

He paused there and grew thoughtful.

"I had been looking forward to seeing a new city. But I am patient, I would prefer not to march to my own doom if I can help it." Slightly bemused there as Ianthir shrugged. "I believe I am well enough to travel, ma'am, if you'd like for us to be on our way."

A dark look towards the noises in the other room of the old lady.

"Best not to test the patience of those around us, yes?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Samantha Black
"There are other cities to see," Ralene replied as she turned back to stowing the medic pieces back into the saddlebag. She'd seen plenty of them herself, though always on the leash of an Academy mission. She supposed even now the places she'd go would be on a similar, if longer and looser, leash. Captain Holstag gave her a lot of free reign, but she didn't mean to take advantage of that.

Too much.

"It would be worse to test mine," said the Dreadlord as she buckled the bag shut, "I'll take you out of here in the morning. I need to send off my missive and do some further questioning. You should stay here, out of sight and out of mind."