Open Chronicles The Upper Crust (Romance Among Elites)

A roleplay open for anyone to join
She glanced over to those that stared and whispered, her gaze a hard shutter of annoyance. "Yes, well. There's no accounting for taste amongst the bored and small-minded," she intoned dryly. One woman she caught the eye of with a disapproving glare, and the girl seemed to want to fade back into the background with a burning face.

She thought she caught a glimpse of multihued clothing, but it was lost to the crowd, and she frowned absently, returning to the company at present. "Tell me then, Lady," she inquired innocently, "are you here for business... or for pleasure?"

A faint grin still lurked on her lips, veiled by a studious stare.

Victoria could see the small circle gossipers vaporize under Divina's glare, and she turned her painted red lips upwards in entertainment. The lesser beings were so fun to toy with, and she sensed that this woman would appreciate the finer aspects of controlling those beneath oneself. She was so very young, but her youth was only skin deep. Those eyes, crystal blue and lovely, had turned had as ice and back again in a blink.

Business or pleasure? Her smile widened to show some teeth, though she was careful to turn her head so that her fangs may be explained away as a trick of the lantern-light. "I have never seen the need to separate the two," she answered back in velvetine tones. "But, I confess, there is wine and I am in the company of a beautiful woman, so yes, pleasure seems to be taking the lead." She ran an ivory finger over the rim of her untouched wine glass as she looked at Divina.

Victoria didn't want to leave without securing the business of Tzuriel's trading company, nor did she intend to squander this opportunity to get Lady Rosenstern's support... but she had not lied. She could almost taste the sweetness of Divina's blood, and though she had no intensions of draining the woman tonight, it added a lovely spice of forbidden desires.

Her keen ears picked up the overly emphasized conversation between Tzuriel and Farzad. There were so many people talking that it was difficult to pick out each word, but their voices were recognizable. They seemed to be discussing the joys of travel. How terribly human.

"Let's discuss leaving after the night is done. As for the party, the fireshow could be a little better. The wine too. But the candies."
"Delectable by it's purest definition. Tell me who supplied them I'll need to get a supply for the boat trip."
Tzuriel shrugged, "Your guess is as good as mine, my friend. Plenty of merchants trade in sugar and sweetened goods, even myself on occasion. But anyways, if you find me tomorrow I'll have a spot cleared for you on one of my ships and we'll have you on your way."
He gave Farzad a pat on the shoulder.
"If you have any difficulty finding me just ask around any of the shops. I'm well known in Alliria, they'll point you in the right direction."
Another noble was begging for his attention so he bade Farzad farewell and turned his attention to the secretive noble who pulled him close to whisper secret propositions to him.
Tzuriel nodded and listened politely, but he was beginning to realize that if he wasn't on the dace floor, he would be constantly accosted by gold diggers and the like.

Well if Tzuriel picked any of that up he wasn't showing. That wasn't problematic. He wasn't going to let it be problematic. If anyone was the problem it was he and also himself and he wasn't about to let that change. At least, for the next few minutes while he remembered he had a plan.

He wasn't a fan of the patted shoulder, but he matched one smile with another, flashing his unsharpened canines as he pulled back a toffee apple and let Tzruiel go.
"Hmm. Hmm hm hmm hmmmm hm." Farzad muttered as he turned a heel. People didn't stay in his path too long. It seemed everywhere he go he caused trouble, and every prying eye was now watching him. "It seems... If I was to guess I've made a what I feel is a commotion." He scanned the crowd with a complimentary shrug. "And a scene too." He quipped raising a finger as he started to stroll. He hadn't really a choice right now. Sometimes it was best to fade with a bang and leave a mystery, than to stay answer and destroy all.

So he strutted out of there, with a final dart to the complimentary food and a hand grabbing and biding a selection of food stuffs he proceeded to gorge into his mouth like a woman trying to fill their entire luggage in their purse. And just like that, no one could tell him no. For different reasons of course, but the principal of the matter was there. Maybe. He wasn't sure. All he knew was that he was mixing a cold steak with a toffee apple and the proceeding concoction was what he would summarize as.

A Mistake.