Open Chronicles The Underground

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"Well played Captain. You almost had me there."
He smiled wide and took her hand in his paw.
Grace even in defeat. He felt he'd like this Captain.
Noticing the other patrons had enjoyed the show he turned sharp and raised the Captain's hand in his own and gave a short bow.
"Your arm okay, I didn't cut too deep did I?"

Captain Kelly Wells Rathu Belzad Zac

"Aye, Me arm is fine. I had worse. I guess ye can say 'tis merely a flesh wound. Believe me, I had far worse wounds than this. Nothing that a little but of rags and rum can fix" She proudly says with a wide smile on her face. It’s one of the things she was taught by her previous captain she served under before being abandoned. No matter what happens to her, she should always keep her head high and smile. But the fact still stands, this gentleman was able to defeat the great captain of the Pirates of Saunders.

“yer swordsmanship was quite impressive. Where did ye learn such feats? ye must have learnt from the best”.

Midian Zac

Last edited:
It was always nice to get compliments.
"I learned from a man named Cutter. Who is long dead now but he was a simple mercenary and I his humble successor."
He hopped down from the stage and called for Zac.
"Hope there's winnings to be had. I cannot live on victory alone."
With any luck he could simply pay off his debts tonight and be on the seas by morning if the Captain allowed.

Captain Kelly Wells Zac Rathu Belzad

It was always nice to get compliments.
"I learned from a man named Cutter. Who is long dead now but he was a simple mercenary and I his humble successor."
He hopped down from the stage and called for Zac.
"Hope there's winnings to be had. I cannot live on victory alone."
With any luck he could simply pay off his debts tonight and be on the seas by morning if the Captain allowed.

"Sounds like me own captain when I was a young lass". The captain when she was a young lass that took her in when she stowed away on his ship while she was running from the guards back in Oban was one that taught her everything she needed to know to live a life of a pirate. Knowing that she did lose to Midian, she might as well decide to give back what she picked from his pockets, and maybe some spare too. She takes out the small coin purse and throws it his way, and then takes out some coins she had in her pockets.

"Here is some coins, and as a member of me crew, five silver coins. Nothing but the best for a member of me rough and rowdy crew of pirates".

Midian Zac

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Midian
Midian caught the purse, his purse and looked at the Captain in surprise.
"Well played Captain." He gave a laugh and emptied a handful of buttons onto his palm.
"My treasure returned."
He laughed again.

Captain Kelly Wells Rathu Belzad Zac

So he WAS practically penniless. It has undoubtedly fooled that captain. She laughed herself, bested even before she had the chance to find out. A good thing too that he took the pickpocketing thing to heart, not a lot of people take kindly to it, even if earlier she did plan on keeping it.

"All part of the business of plundering I suppose, have been pulling off these deeds when I was a lass out on the streets. And well played yourself, good sir. Certainly would have been fooled me. A bag of buttons rather than coin, wasn't yer intent, but probably a good way to not get any real money picked".

Midian Zac

She was sharp, he liked that.
Too many bosses were dim or prideful and while flashy and daring Captain Wells was no fool.
"Exactly. Can't have people knowing I'm penniless. That could get me in trouble."
He let out a nervous laugh and scratched the back of his head. His smile wide and pleasant.

• Yay
Reactions: Captain Kelly Wells
Zac waited patienlty for a lull in the conversation between the pirate and her companion.
He had seen enough and heard enough that they might just be the pair for the job, especially if the captain had a ship - she wouldn't be much of a pirate on the other hand if she did not posses one.

"Erny, get then each another round and send them over to me when they're done."
Zac looked at cloaked man on his other side, the crime lord was not to sure of his talents just yet but he had a feeling he could possibly be of use. If not now, then in the future. "This one too."

Getting up, he saunted over to his booth from earlier, still unoccupied as normal and waited for the seats infront of him to fill.

Captain Kelly Wells Rathu Belzad Midian

She was sharp, he liked that.
Too many bosses were dim or prideful and while flashy and daring Captain Wells was no fool.
"Exactly. Can't have people knowing I'm penniless. That could get me in trouble."
He let out a nervous laugh and scratched the back of his head. His smile wide and pleasant.

Zac waited patienlty for a lull in the conversation between the pirate and her companion.
He had seen enough and heard enough that they might just be the pair for the job, especially if the captain had a ship - she wouldn't be much of a pirate on the other hand if she did not posses one.

"Erny, get then each another round and send them over to me when they're done."
Zac looked at cloaked man on his other side, the crime lord was not to sure of his talents just yet but he had a feeling he could possibly be of use. If not now, then in the future. "This one too."

Getting up, he saunted over to his booth from earlier, still unoccupied as normal and waited for the seats infront of him to fill.

Captain Kelly Wells Rathu Belzad Midian

"Aye! 'Tis true!" She exclaims. "Can't have people knowing ye are rich either, from all the plundering me crew does. Easy pickin's for robbery, not that I would have any problems with that. Always carries me sword just in case". The captain chuckles. Perish the thought of anyone trying to nab the earnings of an honest captain. A another person came out and handed them a mug of ale, free of charge, for the both of them, as the man said.

"Ah! Wonderful! Here's to our health!". The captain drinks her fill while being told by the man that she and her companion were to see another gentleman by the end. A very strong type if she was to guess. well-clothed and all, he must be handsomely rich. She turned to Midian.

"Look alive! We got some company" She says as she looks over to that mysterious gentleman.

Zac Midian

Zac waited for the pair, not speaking until they both sat down. His posture relaxed against the red velvet love seat as they approached and pulled out chairs opposite him. Taking a sip of his whiskey he pointed towards the stage, glass still in hand and a sly grin on his face. "Quite the show you two put on there, must say I enjoyed it."

Placing his glass down on the table he relaxed his one hand next to it and the other across the back of his seat. "Zachary Windsor, and you to are?" He raised an eyebrow, tone relaxed and grin still present.

Captain Kelly Wells Midian Rathu Belzad

He looked up after another swig of his drink, catching sight of the others at the bar. While he'd been quiet, Rathu noticed the attention of others upon him, subtle as it was. The captain had shot him a look, as did another man who had joined her and the newly hired sailor.

Not long after, he had another drink brought to his table by the barmaid and set before him. “Care of that gentleman over there.” She simply commented with a gesture towards Zac before taking her leave to serve another.

Rathu took another look towards the two, before raising his new tankard of beer and taking a swig from it. Standing up from his seat, he made his way over to their table with a tactful but charming smile, awaiting another break in the conversation to introduce himself.

“My thanks. Rathu Belzad, local tailor.” He began. This much was true. He was a tailor by trade, but there was more to the man than he openly let on.

“And possessor of other talents and interests...” Rathu added. Tailoring was unlikely to hold their interest, though he had talents beyond it. Potentially useful talents, of which he had to be careful about openly and freely sharing. Whatever they believed was one thing, but Rathu knew better than to admit to it.

Zac Captain Kelly Wells Midian

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zac