Open Chronicles The Underground

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Zac

Sexy Bastard Whiskey King
Character Biography
Link
It was a late Tuesday evening in downtown Alleria. Through a shallow alley way one would find a lone door, the windows complimenting its sides tinted a dark maroon that were near impossible to see through. Above the door way hung a battered, weather worn sign with a singular red rose painted on either side. If one were to open the door way and step inside you would find yourself greeted by the heavy smell of tabco and dimly lit lights in a hue matching that of the windows. A dark haired women stood on the stage on the far end of the bar singing softly accompanied by a band playing soothing music which only complimented her voice.
proxy.php
proxy.php

In a corner booth sat a dark brunette, curly haired man. His sleeves rolled up to his elbows exposing forearms decorated in an array of scars, it was Zachary Windsor, a well known crime boss with an ugly reputation. He was known to be at the Red Rose every Tuesday and Thursday night, sometimes for pleasure, other times business but mostly both. Tonight however was almost definitely business, or the promise of it.

Relaxing against the red velvet cushioning against the booth, a sly grin complimented his face as he twirled a whiskey glass and chatted up one of the ladies who tended the tables. What was her name again? Bella? Emilia? Tiana? He did not know and didn't particularly care. Flirting with the bimbo and listening to the tune that filtered through the lounge, he waited patiently for his possible future investment.

Last edited:
It was the end of another day, and the day had been profitable. He’d only made a handful of sales that day, of which one had been to an affluent noble for a fine sum of money. The outfit still had to be tailored, and the material would have to be sourced, but both were matters that could wait for another day. Rathu had been paid upfront for the outfit requested, and the windfall was an occasion to be celebrated. The night was one for celebration, he work could begin in another day or so.

By now, Rathu had been in Alliria long enough to have become familiar with many of its taverns and alehouses. There were many to choose from, but Rathu sought to discover something new with his earnings. A walk to tour the city streets eventually led him before he came across a splash of bright red that caught his attention. It was a rose, painted on a weathered and battered sign. As he approached, the scent of pipe smoke became evident. The building hardly looked like much, with tinted windows that obstructed any view within. Most establishments would be trying to get attention, whereas this place seemed so intentionally avoid it. Which really just made Rathu curious - the best sort of places didn’t need to advertise. Sometimes it was better that they didn’t, depending on the legality of activities or trade therein.

With his hopes raised, Rathu pushed open the door and made his way inside.

The first matter was getting a drink, and he made his way straight over to the bar to make the purchase. He asked no questions beyond the price of it, preferring to learn by observing rather than inquiring, With a drink in hand, Rathu took a seat next to take a look around the new establishment he’d discovered that evening.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Zac
With a pirate head and a pirate heart
Away to the cheating world go you
Where pirates all are well-to-do
But I'll be true to the song I sing
And live and die a Pirate Queen!

A sound and true motto Captain Kelly Wells of the pirate ship Saunders. She was a terror on the high seas of the Allirian Strait and the Gulf of Liad. Her reputation of intimidation to merchants and her camaraderie with her crew was given the nickname “The Pirate Queen”. It was amazing that an orphan from the streets of Oban can grow to become one of the most feared pirates on the seas. The bards of the towns and villages they plundered sing of her, a feared woman, yet caring to the poor and downtrodden. She lives by a pirate code where they would only plunder the wealthy nobles and merchants, while sharing the wealth of their plunder with the people of the slums.

The Saunders, a stolen Carrack was docked around the port of Alliria. Away enough to escape in a short times notice, but close enough to equip provisions and weapons to fight on the high seas. She made her home in the slums of Alliria. It may not be the lavish home she swears keeps popping in her head every night in her dreams. But it was a cozy place to stay when she is not at sea plundering.

She walks around and finds herself going through a small alley, attracted to a dimly lit building tinted with dark maroon. There was a red rose painted on a worn out sign above the doorway. The smell was that of liquor. The captain could use a drink at the moment. She enters this building, blending in with the other patrons. She was dressed in her pirate uniform, which usually might stand out, but it seems this bar was full of low-lives and criminals, criminals like her. She puts her hand on the handle of her sword just in case. She got to a seat in the bar, and lets her guard down a little.

“Barkeep!” She shouts, “Some rum over here please!” She was given her rum and begins examining the room. Perhaps there will be one or two suckers that she can snatch a wallet or two. Perhaps an idiot that would challenge her to a fight, a good way to make some money on the side.

Midian woke up on the floor again.
"Oh, excuse me everyone."
He sat up and moved a bare leg from off his chest. Then made his way slowly down stairs.
What time of day was it? The Wind knew but he did not.
Groggy headed and slightly off balance he opened the door and was met by an old and stern face.
"Rents due!"
The old Elf Woman said between puffs of her very long pipe.
Midian did not know how long an elf needed to live to actually*look* old but he reasoned it was longer than he'd ever live.
"Gloriathurea!" He beamed leaning across the door and looking her square in the eye with a wicked grin.
"I missed you last night. Why do you never come to my parties?"
The Old Elf leaned past him and looked inside to the masses flesh and empty wine bottles littering his floor. The smell of sweat was thick.
"That's not a party you horned headed lummox. It's a failed attempt at suicide by good time now where is my rent?"
"Just going to collect it now. You'll have it by sundown."
"It's past sundown."
"Sunrise then. My word..."
He took her free hand in his large paw and rubbed her knuckles with his thumb.
"...of honour!"
He threw in a little sultry to his voice. Never hurt.
But Gloriathurea seemed unmoved as she pulled her hand back.
"Rent, sunrise or you're out."
"May the sun ever smile upon you my dear and sweet..."
"I mean it."
He took the hint and left, his scorpion tail swishing behind him as we went.
The night was cool and he knew where to go.
The Red Rose held all manner of opportunities and all he needed was a simple job for a night. Couldn't be too difficult.
Worst came to worst, he'd steal it.
The joint was lovely and full of fresh faces, which he always liked. New people were like new shores. Each one an adventure.
He docked himself at the bar and waved over Erny.
"Bitter please Erny. Put it on my tab."
He scanned the scene.
Some standouts but none so vibrant as this tiny woman in the big red hat.
He chuckled and slid down the bar to sit only a seat away from her and placed his elbows on the counter to look out at the masses while his dark drink settled.
"Nice hat. You a captain or is it just for show?"
He asked her flicking his woolen curls back from his eyes.

Captain Kelly Wells Zac Rathu Belzad

Last edited:
"Nice hat. You a captain or is it just for show?"
He asked her flicking his woolen curls back from his eyes.

A beastman looks her way. His chuckle had her put her hand by her scabbard, ready for the attack, but her face remains cool about it. It is not like its the first time that she got a couple of laughs her way. Perhaps it was the fact that she was a pretty short person for her age, most likely stunted growth from years of malnutrition in her childhood. Perhaps it was her flamboyant outfit, taken from another wealthy sea captain.

"Aye" was her reply. "If I weren't a captain, I wouldn't be wearing this opulant outfit wouldn't I?" She relaxes a little bit, perhaps this sucker won't miss a coin or two when he isn't looking. She smirks herself.

"They calls me, Captain Kelly".

"I suppose not. My name is Midian!"
He said raising his glass in cheers to the Captain's introduction.
"I've sailed a bit myself Captain." he said with false modesty.
"You're here without your crew?"
It wasn't unheard of for Captain's to take some private time on land but it was hardly common. Not even a first mate to watch her back.
As he took a drink he ended with a moustache of foam on his upper lip.
Which he licked away with his broad grey tongue.
Maybe she was looking for deck hands? He could do that for a spell.

Captain Kelly Wells

"I suppose not. My name is Midian!"
He said raising his glass in cheers to the Captain's introduction.
"I've sailed a bit myself Captain." he said with false modesty.
"You're here without your crew?"
It wasn't unheard of for Captain's to take some private time on land but it was hardly common. Not even a first mate to watch her back.
As he took a drink he ended with a moustache of foam on his upper lip.
Which he licked away with his broad grey tongue.
Maybe she was looking for deck hands? He could do that for a spell.

Captain Kelly Wells

"Midian" she repeats, taking a sip of her whisky. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance". She moves a seat closer to Midian now, ready to reach for his pockets while he is distracted, or perhaps ready to challenge to a duel. "Aye, 'tis only me. Me crew is holding down our ship. We need some supplies before we head out on the high seas again. I'm just here to visit me home. Being out at sea sometimes haves us homesick". She didn't say that she was a pirate, let alone the captain of the Pirates of Saunders. What if this person was law-abiding, they'd all be thrown in the dungeon for months (probably not the captain though. She would escape easily, but her crew is a different story. She perked up when Midian mentioned he sailed

"Ah, you know the feeling of the high seas. I have traveled with me crew to several places around here. It's often hard work, and we often go without much some days, but we manage. I always keep watch over me girls. And we have a good ol' time. I suppose it's what I knows. I have spent so many years at sea, I knows nothing but this life". While he is distracted, she took the opportunity to pinch his coin pouch off of him, careful to not garner his attention on her hand.

"Enough of me though, you seem like a strong fellow. What do you do for a living?"

• Haha
Reactions: Midian
Midian smiled.
He wasn't so full of himself to think that Captain Kelly was getting close because of his rugged looks and sultry tones.
But he had nothing to fear. For he was flat broke. Not a penny to his name. What money he had was spent on the last nights festivities. His coin purse was occupied only with buttons to make it look like he had some money.
Taking another sip of his bitter he said.
"Oh nothing right now. I'm sort of in between opportunities. Not looking for a cabin boy are you? I make a mean crab stew.""
His tail twitched.
It always twitched when he got excited about a new line of work and a ship full of ladies sounded pretty good to him.

Captain Kelly Wells

• Haha
As Zac sat in his normal booth, his eyes scanned the establishment. He noticed a few regulars, a manticore whom had been been into the Red Rose so often these days that it looked that they and Erney had become aquinted. Next to the manticore however was a fresh face and further down the bar, another new patreon.

Could this night be the one of new opportunities? A way for Zac to take his buisness to another level and find even more powerful associates.

Finishing the drink he had, he sauntered over to the bar and placed himself inbetween the manticore and whom he could only assume was a pirate and the third man who held an air of illusion around him.

"Erny," his tone almsot commanding. The barkeep stopped what he did and was almost immediately at his attendance. "Yes Mister Zachary?"

"The same," He out down a gold coin, way to much to pay for a drink but what Erny knew was to cover the cost of his and the other servers silance as he did every week.

Captain Kelly Wells Midian Rathu Belzad

• Gasp
Midian smiled.
He wasn't so full of himself to think that Captain Kelly was getting close because of his rugged looks and sultry tones.
But he had nothing to fear. For he was flat broke. Not a penny to his name. What money he had was spent on the last nights festivities. His coin purse was occupied only with buttons to make it look like he had some money.
Taking another sip of his bitter he said.
"Oh nothing right now. I'm sort of in between opportunities. Not looking for a cabin boy are you? I make a mean crab stew.""
His tail twitched.
It always twitched when he got excited about a new line of work and a ship full of ladies sounded pretty good to him.

Captain Kelly Wells

Sounds like she hit the jackpot. The coin purse she had just snatched from this sucker feels like there are a lot of coins in it! Her crew will be eating fine tonight. She smirks to herself, proud of her earnings. Midian seems interested in joining her rough and rowdy gang, though the crew is made up of young ladies. Perhaps a challenge of strength and skill would do.

"Well, most of me crew are ladies like I, but tell ya what". She pulls out her sword, a cutlass she stole back in the day. Made from fine steel, it's handle a polished gold. "Ye best me in a swordfight, I may consider ye to be a member of me fine and gallant crew" She finishes, proudly ready for a fight.

Zac Midian

• Devil
Zac had heard the last bit of the pairs conversation...sword fight ey?

Well they seemed friendly enough with each other that it would not be one to the death and besides a songstress every night, the tavern had not had good entertainment in a while - well that was his opinion anyways.

Zac did not look at them, still gazing at the shelves behind the bar decorated with liqour bottles and a large, musty old mirror.
He spoke directly and loudly enough for the pair on his left to relize his words were directed to him, if they were not knuckle heads that is.

"I am certain Santana would not mind if the two of you borrowed her stage for your little show, we haven't had a good show in a while." Sipping on his whiskey, Zac made a face at the contents of the glass as if it were it that planned on dualing.

Midian Captain Kelly Wells

Midian cocked his head to Captain Kelly and then to Zac.
"I suppose that's alright. Twenty percent of the takings if I win, ten if I loose." He said stretching his arms above his head before reaching back for his drink.
When he put it back down it was only half finished.
"Shall we say, first blood? Swords only?" He offered the terms to the Captain with a smile. While he had a sabre on his hip he didn't touch it. There would be time enough for it in a moment. He eyed his would be opponent with a lazy gaze. She was short, he had reach on her but no doubt she was quick, quicker than him? Maybe, still, if it was all good fun then he had nothing to loose.

• Sip
  • Devil
Reactions: Zac and Phitannia
"I am certain Santana would not mind if the two of you borrowed her stage for your little show, we haven't had a good show in a while." Sipping on his whiskey, Zac made a face at the contents of the glass as if it were it that planned on dualing.

Midian Captain Kelly Wells
Midian cocked his head to Captain Kelly and then to Zac.
"I suppose that's alright. Twenty percent of the takings if I win, ten if I loose." He said stretching his arms above his head before reaching back for his drink.
When he put it back down it was only half finished.
"Shall we say, first blood? Swords only?" He offered the terms to the Captain with a smile. While he had a sabre on his hip he didn't touch it. There would be time enough for it in a moment. He eyed his would be opponent with a lazy gaze. She was short, he had reach on her but no doubt she was quick, quicker than him? Maybe, still, if it was all good fun then he had nothing to loose.

"Very well, I look forward to putting on a good show," She says as she finishes drinking her rum. She stands up taking her place on stage. Midian follows. The rules were set out for her to agree, and it was the same rules that were always set up for the swordfight she gets into.

"Of course, it goes without saying". She puts herself in her fighting stance, her cutlass upright, before she lowers it pointing to Midian. She may be small for her age, but she was quick-minded and agile. And it helps that she is mighty skilled with her sword. "Now, what says you. Shall we say, en grade?"

Midian Zac

• Sip
Midian drew his blade half ways then stopped.
"One last thing. If I win, you consider me for your crew, but what if you win?"
He finished drawing his curved sword.
"Anything I have that you want?"
He smiled widely and extended his blade to just tip the end of the Captains.
On the stage the difference in their sizes was pronounced but he didn't dare underestimate her. He'd seen too many get cocky and end up with a sore rump and empty pockets to do that.
Still he was confident in his ability.

Midian drew his blade half ways then stopped.
"One last thing. If I win, you consider me for your crew, but what if you win?"
He finished drawing his curved sword.
"Anything I have that you want?"

That was one of the things the captain had not thought about. She has already pilfered the beastman of his coin purse. But still, it would be good to see if she can pilfer some money she might have missed.

"25 Copper Coins, how about it? It's what I usually ask of people I challenge to fight. I'm not too much into asking large amounts if it is not necessary for me. I usually do this for the joy of swordsmanship and a good show". She is ready to take her first step, ready to put on this show of her swordsmanship. She learned from the best pirates in her childhood after all.

Midian Zac

Midian shook his head, his dark curls wafting.
"Sorry. I never bet what I don't have and I am penniless."
He took a high guard stance.
"How about I cook you dinner?"
His tail twitched with anticipation.
"Just the two of us!"
His wide smile crossed his face again. He preferred food to fighting any day but perhaps he could have both.

Wait a minute. Penniless? It can't be. She pilfered his coin purse which seemed full of coins. Unless... He couldn't have known that she picked his pocket. Well it's either that or he was A.) Either lying to save coin or B.) actually is penniless and what she picked was something else. Doesn't matter now. Can't let that thought play in her mind. She has to focus on giving a good show.

"Alright then, I accept. I could use a good dinner rather than our ship's rations". With this deal agreed up, now was the time to show off her skills. "With that out of the way... On ye honor good man. En Garde!" She flings her sword towards her opponent's blade, beginning the show of swordsmanship.

Midian Zac

• Sip
  • Yay
Reactions: Zac and Midian
A short step back kept him just out of reach of the lunge and then not so much striking the Captain's sword away as spinning his own to divert it's trajectory Midian's own blade arched through the air as he brought it down towards Kelly's extended arm.

She was quick, he was right to be cautious.

A short step back kept him just out of reach of the lunge and then not so much striking the Captain's sword away as spinning his own to divert it's trajectory Midian's own blade arched through the air as he brought it down towards Kelly's extended arm.

She was quick, he was right to be cautious.

The clash of swords has her all hyped up now. Her own sword missed the first clash as Midian stepped back. He was pretty good, not too bad. She saw that his sword was arched towards her arm. She acted fast and blocked the blade with her own, and swung his away. She made a thrust charge towards his own, creating a force between her sword and her opponent's.

"Not too shabby, you got skills" She said while she was trying to divert his sword away.

Midian Zac

• Sip
"I ought to be."
Midian replied letting his arm slack so that he didn't waste strength pushing against her. He could overpower her but he felt that she would have something for that if he tried so he pressed on with a sideward swipe to bring her attention there and advanced back to his starting position.
"You're no slouch yourself but I expected that, Captain."

"I ought to be."
Midian replied letting his arm slack so that he didn't waste strength pushing against her. He could overpower her but he felt that she would have something for that if he tried so he pressed on with a sideward swipe to bring her attention there and advanced back to his starting position.
"You're no slouch yourself but I expected that, Captain."

"Aye, I learned from the best captain of the high seas during me youth". She sees the sideward swipe and went into a defensive stance. She stands back and watches her opponent. She has the opportunity now to quickly thrust her sword, extending her front leg using a slight kicking motion, propelling her body forward with her back leg to get one up on Midian.

Midian Zac

• Sip
Yikes that was close.
Midian had to make a very exaggerated motion to get out of the way. Stretching himself sideways to avoid the very quick thrust.
But he managed if barely.
"So I see."
Time for his counter he made a poke forward, a feint before once again spinning his curved sword in his hands to try and catch the Captain with an upward cut on the sword arm.
"Olay!"

Captain Kelly Wells Rathu Belzad Zac

Yikes that was close.
Midian had to make a very exaggerated motion to get out of the way. Stretching himself sideways to avoid the very quick thrust.
But he managed if barely.
"So I see."
Time for his counter he made a poke forward, a feint before once again spinning his curved sword in his hands to try and catch the Captain with an upward cut on the sword arm.
"Olay!"

He missed her attack! His exaggerated motion to get out of the way caught her off guard and all of a sudden, an upward cut had losen her grip on her sword. She might lose this one, and she is about to. That upward cut had landed on her arm, creating a small, but visible cut on her arm. She flinches, her sword hitting the floor. The fight has ended. She has to accept defeat. After all that, she sits down on the stage as she tends to her wounds, taking out a rag and wrapping it on the wound.

"Aye, I have been bested today. Ya ain't bad, I am impressed by your swordsmanship. I congratulate you on your victory. You are probably the only few to have defeated the Pirate Queen in a fair fight. I shall keep me promise, welcome to my coveted crew, the Pirates of Saunders" she says proudly. It seemed like it was a good time as ever to reveal her identity. She puts out her hand to shake her opponent's hand in a moment of fair play.

Midian Zac

• Sip
Rathu sat silently at the bar, taking occasional swigs of his drink as he observed the environment around him. More customers arrived after him, and he took note of the 'sailor' and the scorpion-tailed one engaged in conversation. The latter was looking for work, and the former had doubts. Yet, she a challenge to assess his qualifications for it, and on drawing her sword had Rathu's full attention.

They weren't even heading outside, and sought to have their fight here. A comment from another, Zac, implied that this wasn't just condoned, but encouraged by the offer of a stage to display their combat. Odd, but wise. It was free entertainment, and free was a great price by anyone with business sense.

Rathu watched as both combatants took to the stage, preparing their rules and terms on which they'd fight. After a moment of negotiations, and the strange offer of dinner, the two were ready to fight.

The scorpion-man stepped back, and the captain lunged forth to strike at him. Though she was quick, he seemed prepared and had managed to use the opportunity to land his own wound upon her and mark her arm with the crimson line of defeat.

“Well, congratulations on your new position.” Rathu remarked, raising a glass.

• Dab
  • Yay
Reactions: Midian and Zac
"Well played Captain. You almost had me there."
He smiled wide and took her hand in his paw.
Grace even in defeat. He felt he'd like this Captain.
Noticing the other patrons had enjoyed the show he turned sharp and raised the Captain's hand in his own and gave a short bow.
"Your arm okay, I didn't cut too deep did I?"

• Sip
Reactions: Rathu Belzad