Completed The Tyrant in Gray

The Thousand Eyed Angel

Accursed Mistake
Character Biography
Link
A village outside of the reach's main walls met with a gruesome fate as the clock struck dawn. Someone, or something had showed its face. Indiscriminate in its massacre. Bodies piled upon each other as those who lived in this quaint village had no way to push back against the creature that appeared before them. A beacon of death in flesh. An amalgamation of hatred and iron. Those who know its existence know it only to be based in carnage.

The Thousand Eyed Angel had showed its face. And set fire to the homes of dozens.

To this day even, no one could possibly know its motivation. Those who have encountered it and had the ability to speak on its presence swear they'd stared down the face of a demon. Though no flesh of its own could be seen through the husk of iron and templar clothing it was, one could speculate only that this creature had some sort of demonic attachment.

"Where is the sunshine, where is my sunshine!" It would scream into the rising sky. As flames licked the early morning its bellowing was loud enough to startle the mountains. Its voice was low and hoarse and almost sounded distorted. Yet its volume could rival that of thunder. Its sword seemed to be a cursed slab of thrown away metal, notched to deal significant damage to structures and eradicate any flesh it came in contact with.

"For you, putrid queen. Behead me, my sunshine. My everlasting sunshine." It sounded as if it were almost singing with no attempt to at all. A sense of longing and disgust on its tongue. It dragged the corpse of a villager by their head as it approached the many others fleeing from it. Some of those able to escape got far enough away to speak to the guards of Allir Reach. A message of distress sent out to any and all capable warriors to help defend the reach's walls from this hulking nightmare.

As guards came to the scene to deal with The Thousand Eyed Angel, the beast hurled the corpse it lugged at the lot of them. It knocked a few into disarray and what followed was a downward swing of its sword. The earth quaked at its collision and the poor sap unfortunate enough to take the blunt of it was split in two immediately.

"You are not my sunshine, maggot flesh. Disperse. Disperse. DISPERSE!" Its roar echoed.

• Wow
  • Yay
Reactions: Flint and Ashieron
Ash was walking towards the commotion when the earth started to shake. Making the elf stand still to not face plant into the earth. Once the slight quake had settled he’d look up and see that creature was just an iron suit. He’d trail his eyes down the sword and he’d gasp a bit at the sight of the carnage. It reminded him of the Battle of Ninghal. Please do not let it be like that chaos again.

The sent word for help, and for some reason the guard were either dead or too scared to act. He and Jirou gotten a bit seperated during a flash flood a few days ago. So the elf was looking for a place to bunk down until the river had stopped flooding. Unluckly for him he got himself tangled into something else again.

Scratching his palm, blood dripped onto the ground. A ball of flames will appear on his hands, they licked his arm in their dazzling white color. “Hey demon!” He’d yell out to the raging creature, “If you want your damned sunshine I got it for you!” With those few words he’d throw a huge fireball at the iron suited spirit. He knew it would not harm it but he atleast wanted it attention.

The mention of sunshine immediately caught the beasts attention. "Sunshine...?" It spoke almost sadly. That same longing on its horrific voice. As the fireball cascaded into the mask of The Thousand Eyed Angel, its whole body began to tremble. Its eyes could not be seen, but Ashieron would easily be able to tell that this thing was looking directly at him. The spell dealt no damage but rather seemed to further infuriate the creature. By volumes.

"YOU ARE NO SUNSHINE. YOU ARE MAGGOT FLESH. WORM. DIRT. ERASE YOU, ERASE YOU ALL."

The intensity in its voice rose once more. It lifted its slag sword from the ground. It dripped with the remains of the lone guard it had devastated. Entrails and bone dawning its already mangled shape. The creature then began to bound. It wasn't particularly fast but its steps were large and thunderous. It held its enormous sword in one hand and let the wind carry it behind The Angel.

"WHERE IS MY SUNSHINE." It shouted at Ash as it approached and swung its blade at the mid section of the elf. The blade seemed to carry its own pressure, shifted the way the wind moved with its abominable strike.

• Sad
  • Devil
Reactions: Flint and Ashieron
Ash ducks down under the blade, before flipping back, using his hands to flip himself back to his feet in midair. “Your sunshine is....” The elf thinks for a moment, “Oh, if you look up there is something giving off light called sunshine I think in common.” He chuckles as more blood seeped from his hand. A bit of darkness emminating from his blood and cut.

Who was this Sunshine? He had no idea who it was, hell even if it was a person! The black aura snakes in the air. Ash looks at it for a moment shocked and confused before he finally came to terms that the devil must have changed his magic. Flattening the palm of his hand the elf disappears into the air, before reappearing behind the monster. Darkness flowing from his hand as the force from the spell hopefully punches into the thing’s back. His goal was to immobilize it with a sort of sealing spell, made of those dark magics and blood he had used.

• Yay
Reactions: Flint
The words didn't even seem to get through to whatever this thing was. It was as if Ashieron was speaking to a wall of destruction that could only speak, not hear. As the spell was launched into the back of The Angel, at first it seemed to reel forward in pain. A horrifying realization would occur a moment later. The dark magic plunged into the beast fine, but its effect was opposite of desired.

The creature manifested the magic inside itself. As it turns out, this thing also used darkness. The magic contorted into jet black wings of energy that sprouted from its shoulders. They looked physical however as they seemed to crawl from inside its flesh, leaving blood splattered as they grew. It roared in genuine agony before turning to face Ash again.

"NO, NO MORE SHADOWS. IT HURTS. SUFFER. DIE. HURT LIKE I HURT."

The creature reached for Ash's face with its free hand, hoping to slam him into the earth below.

• Scared
Reactions: Ashieron
Ash barely managed not to get blood into his eyes, swipping it out of the air as it splattered from the host’s wings. That was definetly not what he had intended.

After swiping the blood from getting it his eyes its disgusting hand grips onto hus face and slams the elf into the ground. The air is knocked out of him along with the sound of a few ribs breaking. Coughing he growls some and summons a sword into his hand. Grabbing onto his enemy’s wrist he stabs the demon in his wrist. Trying to sever the tendons responsible for controlling his hand and grip. Tasting some blood in his mouth.

This creature was not intellectual at all, it was more like a mindless soul. Trapped within a foregin body that was rotting away. Ash felt pitty for the creature, It reminded him or himself and his devil issue, being forced unwillingly into the spectacle. “I cannot help you if you will not listen.” He says between gasps as he fills his lungs again with air.

The blade sunk into the creatures wrist pierced through the other side.This seemed to do a little damage but did not impede the creatures movements much as it lifted Ash from the ground by his head. It pulled Ash's head into its roughly narrowly avoiding the spikes jutting from the helmet.

"FILTH. FODDER. YOU ARE A FLY."
With more of its scathing anecdotes in proceeded to lift Ash higher in the air and throwing him towards a nearby burning building by his head.

"BRING BACK THE SUNSHINE. THE SHADOWS HURT. IT ALL HURTS."

• Wow
Ash was tossed through the air into the burning building. It was a welcomed warmth but he was brought back to burning stables. His friend’s mentor crushed by the stable’s caved in roof, his hunter friend struggling with getting free from the supports. Screaming all around him as people outside the building were burned down by the lit oil that never seemed to be able to be put out.

The fire around him this time licked at his body, and it never burned him. Lifting up his hand water started to come from the plants, killing them. In a matter of seconds the fire was put out. With the water around Ash he flicks his wrist and it will try to snake up the creature’s legs and body. Not freezing but remaining somewhat maliable, “You need to calm down!”

The water stuck itself steadfast to the creatures legs and it took the thing by surprise. There was almost fear in its gasp when it first noticed, but once it depicted that it wasn't something else it just grew angry again. It's dark wings flapping powerful gusts of air towards the ground. Its entire presence was malevolent. From its stature to its aura to its power it radiated hatred. And something so... Sad.

"PAIN BRINGER. MOUNTAIN-LESS. YOU OFFEND ME. YOU BETRAY ME. IT HURTS." The creature continued to shout what must sound like nonsense to Ash. It launched itself towards him at five times the speed it had before, due to the wings it bore now. It planted the sword to drag on the ground until it reached Ashieron, where the beast would bring it upwards towards his chest.

The guards had fled like cowards. All that remained were charred corpses and the duo who could not understand one another.

• Cry
Rolling to the side, Ash smiles letting the water fall, “Why so sad?” He asks the creature jumping to his feet, throwing up his hands a watery wall will form between the two. “You’re in pain, please let me help you.” He offers the creature still trying to decipher its words.

Ash’s eyes had a bit of understanding in them as well as some of the same sadness, mixed with pity and red hot anger. You need assistance? Ash hears a familiar voice ask him as a nit of pain starts to creep up his chest and head. “Im good devil, go back to sleep.” He tells her. With a huff he holds out his hand, forming for water walls to enclose his current objective. If he could he would enclose it words it.

The weighted upward swing found no flesh but rather found the ceiling of the building they both stood in. The heaviest breathing from any living thing could be heard exiting the mask of this monstrosity. As it went to swing the sword back downward its mask turned to where Ash landed and his voice finally caught something.

"Sunshine..."
The beasts voice was toned a bit down and it spoke as if it recognized something. Amid this, the four walls that Ash had conjured closed in on The Angel. They slammed against its enormous frame and held it in place. The small glimpse of humanity that laid in its voice at Ash's words immediately vanished as the water prison held it in place.

"DECEIVER. CONSPIRATOR. BEDDED WITH SHADOWS. TRAITOR TO THE MOUNTAIN. YOU TOOK THE SUNSHINE FROM ME. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE."
It reverted to how it spoke before. Ash had The Thousand Eyed Angel in place now, but it was apparent the cage would not last indefinitely. It's arm was posed upward from being unable to swing down. Its free hand clawed at the water magic and its voice did not falter. It screamed at its peak volume for Ash to die.

• Yay
Ash tilts his head at the creature suddenly calming down for a split second. "I am only trying to help you." He tells it calmly, "While trying not to get impaled in the process." Ash looks at his wrist and cuts it, a tiny little charm appears in his hand. It is that of a glowing blue palm-sized crystal.

"You calmed down with Devil being around right?" He asks it keeping a few paces back showing the crystal to the distressed being. "Is it your sunshine or was it something I said?" The elf tilts his head with a warmth in his eye, "Let me help you."

"YOU HAVE LOST YOUR CHANCE, MAGGOT FLESH. YOU TOOK IT. GIVE IT BACK. MY PAIN DOTH NOT MATTER TO YOU. PRETENDER. GATEKEEPER. LAVA HEXES YOU, MOUNTAIN DESECRATOR." The beast had clearly lost all reason yet again upon being caged. There seemed to be a way to break the shell yet the cause was still vague. It would not be an easy task to free this thing from whatever enslaved its mind.

It continued to claw at the cage of water until finally its free hand pierced through the magic. Steam rose from its arm and it looked as if the water itself was burning the creature. It would be a moments notice before the thing broke free and continued its advance.

• Devil
Ash’s ears drooped some as the creature broke through his spell, steam spilling over it. “Yeeeaaah I’ve noticed. Atleast I was not the one who slaughtered many people moment ago, monster.” Ash snears at the creature backing up some. Every breath causing pains in his chest.

The elf gives it a little blink and gives the creature a peace sign with his hand before taking a wheezing breath and ran back to where he came from. He was not about to face this thing alone. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Wish I was an exorcist right now.

Moments after Ash's departure, The Thousand Eyed Angel barreled through the water prison shattering it to flakes of magic. It roared in pursuit of its attacker, but even with its shadowy wings could not find the one that it had been facing.

It moved begrudgingly towards the center of down. For a moment there was a silence that was only interrupted by the crackling and crashing of the village in flames. Beyond that was just the beasts breathing. Growing ever more erratic. At the peak of its hoarse breaths, the creature began to slam its sword into the ground over and over with a fury unrivaled by thunder itself.

"BLASPHEMERS. WORMS. THE LOT OF THEM. AIDES TO MY SUFFERING. HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY YOUR EXISTENCES TO ME. YOU WORSHIP THE MOON AND STARVE THE SUN. SUNSHINE. SUNSHINE. SUNSHINE."

The force of the sword smashing would quake the earth around The Angel as it let out its unbridled rage. Whatever drove this creature was either wicked or made it lachrymose. Perhaps it was both.

• Cry