The Empire The Sifting Sands

Threads open to all members of the The Empire group
Medja might have cackled madly if she was not so disciplined a woman. Such a simple trick, yet such marvelous results. Time now for a twist of the knife. The sorceress cleared her throat loudly from the "balcony" of the golem.

"If the two of you aren't too busy fraternizing, the servants have finished preparing a wonderful meal for the lot of us. You are both welcome to join me, should you wish," she paused a moment, tapping her fingers against her jawline. "Unless, of course, you both would prefer some privacy..."

The scholar was completely and utterly lost in this situation. His little magic used for animating his tools came to as much of a full stop as his mind did when became as close to Safiya as he could possibly get. She was treating it as if he had intentionally pounced her. And worst of all she was welcoming it. Sweet Alliria what was going on and what was he to do?

Instinctively as his mind was shutting down his body decided to go rogue. His hands somehow found their way to her hips. His lips seeming to be inching ever closer to her own. Then she said his name in his ear and his body just....

Medja's words were not a bucket but a tub of winter water upon him. His mind returned and his body fell back in line. Sweet Alliria had granted him some luck!

But then he processed what was being said....

Oh no. On no oh no! An invite to dine with the Empress after being seen like this.... What did this even look like?!

The scholar was back into panic mode. Thankfully this time he was able to compose himself again.... Barely.

"Apologizes Mistress Safiya." Theo said as he scrambled himself off of her. "Seems I tripped. I will need a moment to put things away then I shall be on my way. Can not say no to a direct invitation from the Empress."

With that he swiftly retreated and busied himself cleaning up the mess his lose of control over his magic had caused. All the while Sammy was nervously chittering and "helping" with the food. He did his best to calm down while sorting everything out. Goodness did he need time to gather himself after that soft, ample....

Theo nearly slapped his own face but knowing he was likely still being observed stopped him. Bad thoughts would only cause more trouble. He managed to finish up quickly then collected his food gremlin and headed to join Medja and Safiya for that dinner.

Safiya Medja

• Smug
Reactions: Medja and Safiya
Safiya's lips followed after Theodore's with a longing gasp as he pulled away. Then, with a cat-like essence in her movements she withdrew, both feet coming daintily together and her fingers lacing themselves behind her waist as she turned to Medja while she addressed them, albeit only after a thorough display before the Empress' eyes.

With her back to Theodore and her features displayed plainly to Medja, Safiya wore a devious and playful smile, one which she was certain would be understood in its totality.

"Not at all my lady," she said as she pulled her shoulders tightly into herself, then twisted them gently back and forth with a feigned innocence, "I would be more than delighted to join you for dinner."

She was practically beaming up at her in the finality of the moment, turning her attention away only after Medja was satisfied to turn her own attention away first. It was then she dipped her chin some as her eyes slowly tracked their way back around to catch him in their corner.

She lifted her hand and drug her thumb across her bottom lip, letting out a soft breath as Theodore spoke:

"Apologizes Mistress Safiya...
Seems I tripped. I will need a moment to put things away then I shall be on my way. Can not say no to a direct invitation from the Empress."
"I'll see you at dinner," she said so gently as to almost whisper, and then a smile slowly crept across her face as she watched him turn away, back to his business. Then, after a moment of staring long enough that she deemed to be sufficiently uncomfortable, she turned and departed with the same alluring sway in her hips with which she approached - just in case.

Last edited:
A wry smirk upon her face, Medja fell back into the cabin of the palanquin and waited for the arrival of her most esteemed guests.

Based on the spread, one might've been forgiven for believing they were not out in the middle of nowhere, but rather back in some terrace in the Emerald Tower. What Medja's servants had presented for the sake of the meal within the palanquin was, as with everything Medja did, the peak of excess.

The low-sitting, wide, round table in the space's center was filled with a variety of fruits, breads, and even cheeses; the sumptuous scent of cooked meats hung in the air, tantalizingly fresh and well seasoned. And, of course, a selection of wines and meads in corked bottles sat ready at the table's center, alongside cups to hold them.

All in all, a refreshing miniature banquet to provide a well-earned break from the ardor of the trip so far. Medja reached forward, plucked a white grape from a stalk, popped it in her mouth, and smiled as its flavor burst in her mouth.
"You may commence and enjoy," she announced to her guests, including the few other Hands and servants in attendance.

As eating began, the regent's eyes fell on the researcher's.
"So, dear Theodore...how fares our progress?"

• Smug
Reactions: Safiya
What greeted Theo and Sammy was a feast compared to what he was going to feed them himself. Fruits, breads, cheeses, meats, and drinks in bottles. By Alliria it was making him feel like Sammy during snack time. There was only so much he could do with his own travel rations after all. Hard bread could only be spiced so many times and still be appealing.

He had to hold on tightly to the food gremlin in his arms. Normally the chubby raccoon would make an attempt to look graceful upon entering a place, but it was obvious she realized what awaited them before he had. She squirmed and chittered at him begging to be allowed to indulge. The fact she had already devoured both their meals he had prepared minutes earlier forgotten already.

When Medja allowed them to finally eat, Theo let go of Sammy and the food gremlin seemed to teleport from his arms to the table as if she had taken a waystone from the speed in which she left. She grabbed at whatever was within her reach and made threats to anyone reaching near the same things as her at the same time. Truly a fat little demon had been unleashed upon the place.

Before Theo could think of getting his own food or putting a stop to Sammy, Medja approached. The scholar straightened up and did his best to look her in the face. Gods, he was noticing how attractive the Empress was now after that accident with Safiya. He needed to get a grip on himself and stop acting like a freshfaced teen in their first year at the college.

"If my calculations before your invitation to dinner are correct Empress then we should arrive sometime tomorrow. Your people are skilled. We have been making good time."

A loud ruckus was made by the food tables. His eyes glanced over and saw Sammy trying to steal meat off of some poor soul's plate while hissing and climbing all over them. Gods. Why was she being such a problem now of all times?

Theo looked back to Medja. He bowed to her as he said, "Excuse me Empress. It seems I am needed."

Then he backed up after a moment before turning and walking as fast as he could towards what he hoped was his biggest problem right now. A deep frown on his face as his eyes burned into the raccoon. Sammy sensed she was in trouble and froze up. As he came to her she climbed down and began to squeak and chitter as if she was sorry and trying to express how she wouldn't do it again and would do better. He just stood there staring at her intensely. Gods please let this be the end of his troubles today.

Medja Safiya

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Safiya
Safiya did little to hide her enjoyment, leisurely partaking of the generous feast that the empress-regent had seen prepared for them, and more specifically their guest. But it took little time for her enjoyment to be sullied. The wretched little vermin that Theodore seemed so frustratingly incessant on bringing along with them was quick to go about its irritating work. One disturbance one thing, but several was another.

She bit down on one last grape with an air of finality, for even as Theodore fled to the creature's rescue, the Abtati witch's patience was spent. In what was perhaps her most blatant display, Safiya showed forth a side of her that had not yet been unveiled.

"Enough of this," she growled, standing with a frightful elegance. Then she lifted her hand in preparation of... something, and then said, "Empress, allow me to rid us of this gnawing pest."

A careful eye would see her fingers arranged in a way as if to snap them, but Medja would know that one of those rings on Safiya's delicate digits was barbed, and would draw forth blood with which she could channel her magic.

• Scared
Reactions: Theodore Aleson