LFG The Search for a Lost Library

Gretta Agal

Character Biography
Link
proxy.php

Sanghelios caverns, by John Liberto

There's a distant legend of a library lost with time tucked away within the ruins of a long-forgotten city. While most dismiss this tale as nothing but fiction for a bedtime story, it hasn't stopped scholars from the pursuit to be the first to locate such a find. It is said this library contains a vast wealth of knowledge as well as dark secrets rumored to be the reason the library is nothing but a rumor, and the city ruins nowhere to be found.

It is said the one to find this library will discover a great power.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some may know of the author Jhaunesse. It is rumored the somewhat-famous writer intends to pursue the search for the Lost Library of Ludyr and the ghost City of Amnevier. The author would be looking for scholars, spelunkers, treasure hunters, and anyone interested in finding a myth and pursuing what little trail there is left behind by supposed explorers who attempted to venture forth, but only got so far. What little is known is a few possible locations, and the dangers therein.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

I don't know if I want to start off right at adventuring or not, or if I want to figure out a way to bring your characters into this pursuit more naturally. The idea is that there is documentation that this place is a thing in history, but whether or not it's a real thing has always been up for debate. Anyone who would have tried to find it would have notes and theories but nothing concrete unless the right people put the right information together. I like the idea of making this a slow build, but if you'd rather, we can just decide what the characters know and have them start out right at the location.

Let me know what you think and if you're interested!

Absolutely. I think once enough people are interested to make a good core group, things can get a little more fleshed out on how to proceed.

It's been a good while since I used my College mage, and this seems like something that'd fit. Count me in!

As of late, Leyus is rethinking his whole life, diving into some studies and trying to find new ways to profit, and this seems like a thing that might touch all of that.
Although I do have to warn that my posting speed isn't overly consistent.

I haven't determined the frequency of GM posting, but as long as your confident you wouldn't get overwhelmed with reading backlog posts, I don't mind. I would like for participants to feel included and have fun. Definitely don't want the plot to end up as a chore.

A search for a lost source of ancient knowledge? I would be overjoyed to partake in such a spectacularly great quest.

Awesome!

So what I'm going to look into is how to bring the characters together. I'll be going through everyone's wikis to get a sense of how to do this. And I'll probably start drafting a wiki page for the lore that will go into this adventure so that if your character is versed in anything, you'll have a resource handy.