Fable - Ask The Nyklinnor

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Eohan

Character Biography
Link
Believers of Astra and Her Court sing of many tales and prophecies. One sung by those looking for a messiah chanted:
When the Scourge's embers reignite the land,
When the Tower stands broken and land sundered,
Gazing down, Nykios sees,
And casts the chosen upon the world,
The Voice's will unites the People,
The Arken shall call him Nyklinnor,
From lands afar, he reclaims and reforges the spear,
And with its tip, shall end the time of great despair

Eohan stepped through the doors of the half-ruined Temple Shorai of Sharyrdaes. Compared to the Aerai pilgrims within and about the sacred temple, Eohan could easily be spotted as a foreigner among these elves. The earthy-colored clothing he wore - abundant in natural fiber with minimal leather - resembled a very Falwood typical outfit. The weariness of travel across the continent also showed itself on Eohan's face.

The guards at the Temple's entrance paid little attention to Eohan, though. He bore no visible weapons, magical staff, nor armor.

Within the antechamber before the grand hall, a junior cleric greeted those passing into the Temple. Due to the youthful appearance of many elves, this cleric's rank could be discern primarily through the plain robes he wore.

"Greetings, traveler," the cleric said to Eohan, "May I ask how I can help you in your visit today?"

With a nod, Eohan told the cleric, "Yes, thank you... Is there anyone I can talk to about... an artifact? One I think the priests here may find interest in?"

Thump, thump, thump, thumpthumpthump. A great shadow fell across the ground and grew larger as the sound got louder. Then the shadow disappeared as a winged figure dropped the last five feet to the ground. There was thud and the scrabble of feet hitting something loose on the ground.

Solina settled her wings and folded them behind her. She had come to commune with the god of this temple. With the recent reopening of Thyasari to the world, Solina had been one of the many younger Avariel who had eagerly left to explore the greater world. And while she had been doing so in secret for most of her life it was amazing to be able to donit openly. She could also range much further than she ever had before. And no more making excuses for her absences. It was freedom.

The Helm of the Thirteen had chosen to go onna pilgrimage of sorts and experience different temples and cultures. This was her first visit to Temple Shorai of Sharyrdaes and her goal was to learn something. She wasnt sure what yet.

Her arrival attracted a lot of attention. She knew why. She was brightly colored from her hair to her wings to her clothing, but really it was her wings. Winged elves like her were things of legend, but she was determind and she moved forward towards a cleric who was already speaking to someone. She settled for waiting a couple steps back behind the first traveler. To occupy herself she let her blue gaze freely travel around the semi ruined area. It was oddly beautiful and she wanted to examine every plant. See what she recognized and what she did not. Try those new plants and see how they affected her. Ah the wonders of the botanical world!

She didnt realize it but a little smile played about her lips as she became lost in thought. She fell into a prade rest by habit as her rainbow dyed feathers occasionally twitched and resettled.

"An artifact?" said the priest, curious, but also not himself one who would be so well versed. He could find the knowledge yes... but that would take time.

His dimly lit eyes studied the newcomer, opening his mouth to speak before he was distracted by the arrival of no less than an Avariel, in the flesh! He knew that they had come to the city after the onset of the war, but he did not really expect to see one of them here. At least not yet. And if he was not mistaken... it was one of the Thirteen.

He remained awestruck for a moment, before turning his attention back to Eohan and inclined his head, "forgive me, yes. In fact, she is..."

"Already here,"
she said, stepping alongside the priest from amongst a small group walking by.

She presented herself in far more regal attire than the one who had greeted them, dressed in finely fitted cloth and adorned in ceremonial attire. But, where the priest had presented himself as quite strict in his posture and noble in his speech, there was a casual air about the woman now alongside him that didn't quite match. She was leisurely, or so it seemed, but there was more than just a curious depth in her eyes.

"An artifact," she echoed, a smile finding her lips, looking first to Eohan and then to Solina, "and one of the Thirteen..." she studied them each for a moment, her gaze passing between the two, mischievous excitement growing on her features.

"I am Rinvië," she placed her hand over her chest, and then gestured inward, "come, tell me of yourselves."

• Frog Eyes
Reactions: Eohan
Eohan spared a glance toward Solina Torid's arrival. He gave a slight nod toward the fellow traveler before his attention returned to the young cleric.

Then, Rinvië spoke to announce her arrival. Eohan turned to Rinvie and gave a slight bow with a hand over his heart in deference. His gaze briefly returned to Solina as Rinvie announced her as one of the Thirteen. A downward glance to the left and slight twitch of the eyes followed.

Upon Rinvie's gesture, Eohan began to make his way past the antechamber and into the impressively decorated Temple Shorai interior.

"My thanks, Lady Rinvie," Eohan said with a tired voice, "I'm Eohan of Fal'Addas. I was told to bring word of a finding in the west to Temple Shorai."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Rinvië
"Well met, Priestess Rinvië. It is an honor," she said softly in the musical voice her people were known for. If you could call it knowing. Solina bowed deep with a hand on her chest. She hoped this was enough of a show of respect. She offered another smaller bow to her fellow traveller when he looked at her again. Something about her identity....seemed to bother him. Why? This wasnt the time or place to inquire so she left it and only inclined her head slightly to the priestess. Rinvië had identified her correctly.

She stayed behind Rinvië and Eohan as they went inside. She tried not to look like a gawking fool and instead maintained an calm, composed exterior with only a slight smile as she looked around. But inside she was delighted, excited, and so curious.

"Thank you for the warm reception. I am Solina, Helm of the Thirteen. I have come to experience the worship of your shrine," she said. She was not sure how else to explain it. She wanted to connect with the outside world.

• Orc
  • Yay
Reactions: Rinvië and Eohan
The Temple Shorai left very little to be desired. It was vast and encompassing, a blend of spartan lines and ornate intricacies, truly a dedicated homage to the reverence the Aerai people held in their beliefs. Starkly different from the cousin-kin of Fal'Addas, almost dwarf-like with its stone-work, albeit... taller. But it did, as any hallowed place of their people, resonate with that timelessness the elves often embodied.

Rinvië's hands clapped together and a gentle, excited laugh escaped her and she said, "oh how I had hoped with the way once again open that our cousin-kin would once again find their way to us. And here you are Eohan, you are quite welcome, I am very eager to hear what this find must be."

She turned her attention to Solina then, her clasped hands drawing closer to her chest and her smile persisting, "and you have come to no better place. Even in the height of Aeraesar's time, the Temple Shorai here in Sharyrdaes has always been its heart."

She led them down the center of a vast chamber with stone images of their gods standing proudly along either side, they came nearer to the greatest image, that of Astra, standing at the cathedral's far end. As they walked, for Solina's sake Rinvië elaborated on some of the Aerai's practices. How each of them regarded Nykios very deeply, and due to her prominence there was also a natural regard for Astra. But also too, how many regarded other gods, such as Tychan or Aionus with great prominence in their own personal lives, and in these followings did their people differ in how they conducted themselves, despite their overwhelming similarities overall.

They came before Astra's image. She stood tens of meters tall with staircases winding up along either side of her, each one coming to a balcony there behind her leading even deeper into the temple. There were corridors leading down either side as well, just a short distance away.

"So, Eohan, shall we find ourselves a place for a more... involved discussion?"

She looked to Solina, sharing yet another endearing smile with her, and then said continued with, "I hope you take no offense to Solina's joining us? I see this as a wonderful opportunity for us to partake in a ritual of friendship together."

She clapped her hands together excitedly once again.

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Eohan
Eohan followed Rinvië along with Solina Torid through the temple. He gazed upon the Aerai works. He examined each and every statue of the divines as the group walked through.

"This is a much nicer temple to be in than those of Metisa's in Alliria," Eohan commented during the journey, his eyes looking up upon the Queen of the Stars, "The gestalt mind makes the priests there a little... impersonal."

In response to Rinvie's questions, Eohan replied with, "Yes, I'll follow to where ever you wish to meet."

Then looking over to Solina, Eohan added with a gesture to her, "And I don't mind Solina joining, if that's what you wish."

His expression seemed to be halfway between blank and weary. His voice remained even tone.

• Smug
Reactions: Rinvië