Private Tales The Most Ridiculous Thief

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Ellory was locking her door when she heard her name and turned around to see Finnick smiling at her.

"I was but I do have the ability to go by myself," she smiled back at him as she walked down the steps to meet him. "I will be honest though, I didn't know where you were playing tonight so I am glad that you stopped by." The last part of the sentence came out sounding almost grudgingly.

She hated admitting when she didn't know something.

Ryder

"Oh, I'm sure you do have such an ability, my dear. But perhaps I just enjoy walking beside you." He would say with that grin and as she came down the steps, he would offer his arm. "You didn't, but like I said, I'm sure you could have figured it out."

Then he would begin guide her down the street. "You know, it's pretty dangerous letting strangers know where you live." He teased. "I could be a serial cuddler. Sneak in while you slept, be the little spoon and slip out before you awake." He smirked at her. "I hear its a real thing. At least we had someone do that Elbion."

Ellory Ashford

Ellory placed her arm through Finnick's offered on. He was such a gentleman. She hated to admit that she had been wrong about him and he may even be growing on her. She was not going to tell him that though! Ohhhh no!

His next comments made her throw her head back in a laugh. "First, I do not believe that is a real thing! Second, serial cuddler is better than serial killer or serial thief."

She looked up at him with a smile. She studied his face as they walked. He was handsome man even with the scars on his face. How a bard got scars like that peaked her curiosity. She would ask him at sometime.

Ryder

It didn't take a man like Ryder long to understand the shift in her attitude. Hell, it wouldn't even take Finnick long. After all, they were both trained by the same man, both of them knew the game well and were masters in their own right.

So when she laughed, he would smile. "I'm telling you, its a real thing. Use your Guard powers and contact the Elbion Guard. Request information on one Geraldo Haynes. He did it to forty six people before he was caught. Various ages, various races, various genders. Serial. Cuddler." It was his turn to laugh. "Oh yes, it really is much better. I see you would rather be cuddled by a stranger then robbed." He teased with a grin, his hand giving hers a gentle squeeze.

Ellory Ashford

"I still think you are full of shit and I will not believe otherwise. What does someone gain from being a serial cuddler?! Nothing," Ellory laughed again. "They don't even really get cuddled back!"

His squeeze of her hand was nice even though she didn't want to admit it. This man had inserted himself into her life for what purpose? There had been plenty of girls who were more beautiful and less bitchy than her there last night.

Ryder

"You, my dear, underestimate the power of physical contact. Perhaps, he was from a broken home and such niceties repair a fractured mind?" He offered with a side look. "Perhaps it's just the thrill of doing it and not getting discovered." He smirked at her. "How would you know? Some of them may have grabbed ahold of him like you would an extra pillow."

His gaze was now fixed on her. "Ellory, you're puzzling."

Ellory Ashford

Ellory laughed several times during Ryder's reasoning that the serial cuddler may do his job. He sure had some very convincing arguments there.

Ellory stopped walking when he just stared at her and told her she was puzzling.

"What do you mean?"

She had been called many things, but puzzling had never been one of them.

Ryder

"What do I mean? I mean your face is doing that thing when its trying to work out a puzzle. Whats on your mind, my dear?" He would ask before continuing to walk with her.

"All the hate in the world for a serial cuddler and here you are being a serial puzzler. For shame, my dear. For. Shame." He teased with a smile.

Ellory Ashford

"Oh," Ellory let out a genuine laugh and some red creeped into her cheeks. "I thought you were calling me puzzling...like confusing," a smirk still graced her lips as they walked together.

"I was just wondering why you chose to insert yourself into my life when there were so many other ladies there last night..."

She raised an brow in his direction.

Ryder

His turn to laugh, though at the revelation of her true puzzle he would look around conspiratorially before leaning in. "Maybe because I was searching for someone to break into their home and cuddle with." He teased with grin.

"Honestly? You're puzzling. And far less easy then the other strumpets that crowd the bar."

Ellory Ashford

"That would a poor idea. I am notorious for kicking and punching in my sleep. My sister refuses to ever share a bed with me again!"

Ellory smiled at Finnick as they strolled through the darkening streets. His real answer made her smirk. She was alright with being labeled as not easy. It wasn't like she went out looking for someone to take home and she certainly didn't care about someone's celebrity.

"Are you calling me a strumpet, sir? You said I am far less easy than the other strumpets." Both brows rose this time in a look that said his answer better be fucking good.

Ryder

"My dear, that is merely considered foreplay." he would respond with a smirk. "Oh? She has a sister." He would muse.

At her question, he just gave her that grin. "Just making sure you're paying attention to my words and not admiring my features too much."

Ellory Ashford

"I have genuine concern about you, Finnick. The fact that you believe kicking and punching in one's sleep is foreplay is just one of them." Ellory shook her head at him.

It was not long before they arrived at The Tattered Quill. "I suppose this is where we go our separate ways until you are done with your performance?"

Ryder

"Well, I would more or less have more concern for yourself. After all, I am the world's greatest lover." He would say with a wink and a grin.

When they reached the Tattered Quill, he would come to a stop and take her hand, pressing a gentle kiss atop her knuckles. "Until my performance is done, my dear. I hope you will be cheering for me the loudest."

Ellory Ashford

Ellory stumbled at his words. Had he actually made that claim? Yes, yes he did. She was not sure what to do with this man. Her mind was still telling her that she needed to run far away from him but, fuck, she was so intrigued by him. She needed to know what his game was.

The Guard smiled at Finnick as he disappeared and she made her way into the tavern. She took a seat at the bar in a darker corner and ordered a drink. This should be interesting.

Ryder

He was well into his second hour of performing for the unwashed masses, actually that would have been Alliria. Anirians were all about bath time. And, it wasn't like he was in the slums of the Elvish Quarter. The crowd was rowdy, drunk, and full of gorgeous women. Three of his favorite things, but for the entire night, his gaze had been fixed upon but one. The Guard.

Everyone in the tavern seemed to know the current song. It was one of his most famous and told the tale of how he and a band of 'heroes' had slain a dragon. Unlike the real Finnick, he couldn't sing forever, but that was a small detail people seemed to miss. Probably due to the fact that most only ever saw him drunk and that Ryder was just as agile and able to do just as many acrobatics.

"We snuffed the magic dragon, smote her hatchlings in two! Stuck her with some pointy sticks, and covered her corpse in fuel!" The crowd would sing the chorus in drunken stupor, all throughout the show, Ryder had leapt from table to table, this time he landed on Ellory's.

As they sang he grinned down at Ellory and crouched low to take her tankard from her and took a long pull from it before passing it back with a wink. At their completion, he would bring home the last line. "Some may call us murderers, breakers of the fam! So our band of victorious heroes, are going on the lam," A hearty laugh. "Fleeing fast and furious, back to save the day!" His hands would fly furiously over the lute nailing each note. "We proudly hoist the missing sword and singing all the way, say.."

Roaring the patrons would take it from there. "We snuffed the magic dragon, smote her hatchlings in two! Stuck her with some pointy sticks, and covered her corpse in fuel!"

While the crowd took the chorus, he would take an offered mug from some fan and took a pull from it, and upon the completion of the last word, he would spew the ale through a nearby torch, releasing a "dragons breath". As the crowd cheered, he would hop down from Ellory's table. "Thank you, thank you! I will take a moment for some drink! Ten minutes until I continue." The people kept cheering and he would turn to Ellory. "So? What do you think?"

Ellory Ashford

Ellory quickly figured out that she did not care for taverns and bards. It was loud and she was quickly annoyed by the drunken crowds who were singing out the lyrics.

She was on her fourth or fifth mug of ale by the time Finnick came and drank half of it. She frowned and narrowed her eyes at him as he winked. He was such an asshole and she wanted to punch him very hard.

He went back to his entertaining and eventually when he was finished, he made his way over to her speak with her.

"Oh, it is great..." She said with a stiff smile and took a drink of her ale.

Ryder

Why did it not surprise her that she was the antithesis to fun? Could have been the badge. Either way, he could tell during the whole time and upon his question, that she was not enjoying it.

"Fear not, you don't need to watch me again." He offered a smile. "The fact you showed means a lot. I take it your speed is.. drinking in silence then going home and studying a case or reading.. a cheesy romance novel?" He would tease playfully.

"If you haven't yet done so, I would like to pay for your drinks to thank you for supporting me. Even when this isn't.. your scene."

Ellory Ashford

Ellory grimaced at his reassurance that she did not have to watch him again. She felt bad that it was that obvious that she had not been enjoying herself. She couldn't help it. She was very much a drink in silence and go home to read kind of woman.

"You caught me, Finnick. I am a huge fan of cheesy romance novels," she said with an actual smile this time. She did enjoy romance novels but she usually was working on cases when she went home.

"And thank you for the drinks. I shall stay until the end if you do desire," Ellory smiled again and took another drink.

Ryder

Ryder would take her hand in his, slipping into the booth beside her. Her hand was lifted to his lips where he placed a gentle kiss upon her hand. "I've no doubt about it. Perhaps I can retire from "bard-ing" and start my own brand of romance novels. Perhaps impress you in those regards." he would say warmly.

A waitress would come by and place two tankards onto the table before him where he slid one over to Ellory with his free hand. "My dear, since I drank some of yours. I hope you would know that I would always desire your presence.. But only if you care to stay present for it. I don't wish to bore you.. nor sour any positive opinions of myself."

Ellory Ashford

"I am afraid that a romance novel about a serial cuddler would not be of interest to a large group of people," Ellory said with a rather sarcastic smile in reference to their earlier conversation. "I am sure that I would read it though...just for you..."

Ryder slid one of the ales towards her and she nodded at his gesture. It was nice of him even though he had drank some of hers. "I will stay, Ryder. I would hate to have to walk home alone with all the crime in the city." She winked at him.

Ryder

"Hmmm.." Ryder would muse aloud. "I don't know.. a serial cuddler redeemed by love could pull some following." He jested, before winking at her. "Perhaps I will write it, just for you. Single copy serial, true exclusive." There was definitely appreciation in his voice that she referenced an earlier conversation.

Her hand was still clasped between the two of his. "Perhaps I will do a low volume story time. Keep these people guessing." He joked. "And good, ill make sure my arm is prepared to host you."

Ellory Ashford

"I would very much appreciate some low volume story time. Let them slow down their drinking just a little bit. They are quite rowdy and no one on the Guard wants to have to come break up a brawl."

Ellory leaned over and kissed Finnick on the cheek. "You better get back to it before they revolt and come after me for stealing your attention..."

Ryder

Ryder shot her a wink. "Low volume story time it is. I'll make tonight easy on you and your counterparts."

He grinned at her when she kissed his cheek, oh how easy a tilt of his own head would have been, but he thought against it. So instead, he accepted the cheek kiss. In return, he placed a lingering kiss upon the palm of her hand, his eyes intently focused on hers, before easing from the booth and releasing her hand. "Something tells me that you would manage to hold your own."

A flash of a smile as he grabbed up his lute and began to play, this time a little lower. "Quiet friends, we're going to dial it back... let me tell you a tale about a man who was a serial cuddler.. and the woman who broke him free of that."

Ellory Ashford

Ellory nodded at his assertion. She could absolutely hold her own but that did not mean she wanted to fight tonight. She was off and she was here to enjoy herself. Period.

The Guard lifted her tankard to her lips and was half way through a drink when she heard Finnick's words.

"Let me tell you a tale about a man who was a serial cuddler.. and the woman who broke him free of that."

Ellory choked on her ale and started to cough. She would punch him later for that.

Ryder