A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Saang Lusce

Arethil's #1 Big Brother
Character Biography
Link
proxy.php
Alfheimr Outskirts
Late Evening

This wasn't exactly the safest place to be, even for the Warden of the Kelpies and General of the Cavalry of Prince Kana'ti's army. Traveling alone wasn't exactly the wisest decision - normally when he came here Saang took with him a retinue of Kelpies for the job. He didn't have that option today. This wasn't official military business ... yet. He was missing a crucial accessory: a one wyld Kelpie by the name of Ianthe

But he was loathe to travel alone when he didn't have to and, for better or worse, he simply couldn't say no to his sisters after he discovered they'd been tailing him nearly a league out from home. Should have traveled by ley, but hindsight was forever perfect.

"We'll tie the horses here," he announced quietly to them as they reached the end of the forest for a rise of rocky mountain trails, "it's not much farther." His breath fogged in front of his lips, billowing upwards into an open, cold evening sky. Saang couldn't help but pass a wary gaze about the area as he dismounted and walked his steed over to a thicket of trees.

"Stick together and stay in front of me at all times. There's more than just fae where we are going."

They should have known better. He was wearing his armor when he left, not his casual clothes. Should have known where he went was not a place to take lightly, but here he was and here they were - about to embark into the belly of the Goblin Black Market.

Siobhan Lusce Sybil Lusce

• Stressed
Reactions: Ianthe
Siobhan could see the wariness in her brothers eyes but he could actually say no to the five year old terrorist sitting on the horse in front of her. Sybil listened to him, she did not listen to Siobhan unless she wanted to. So that is how they had found themselves on a horse, following Saang wherever he was going.

She stopped the horse next to his and climbed down off of it. She reached up and lifted Sybil off as well. She set the baby fae on the ground and went to tie the horse off with his. "What do you mean by more than just fae?" Siobhan was nervous as she walked back over to Sybil and took her hand gently, guiding her to where they were both in front of Saang.

She had no form of armor on, no weapon, nothing. She was starting to regret coming. There was a weird feeling in her stomach the closer they grew to wherever they were going. "And what are we doing?" Siobhan tried to be responsible sometimes, but she was still young and immature at times.

Sybil Lusce Saang Lusce

Last edited:
"What do you mean by more than just fae?"

A furrowed brow answered his sister's question in silence. It was concerning to him just how young they were - neither of them had experienced much of anything beyond their home. Not even Alfheimr, which sat not but another hour's ride to the north of them. Far too dangerous for them to visit now, they (his sisters, not him) would be eaten alive by what remained of the nobility still shored up there. Someday, he hoped, things would be different.

"Just..." Saang searched for the right response and found it in the form of a sheathed dagger hanging from the horn of his saddle. Quickly unbuckling it, he moved to stoop before Sio and fasten it around her waist, "keep this hidden at your back. Don't let the blade knick you, it's laced. As for you," his eyes, glowing gently like lanterns in the growing darkness, turned to his youngest sibling, "little Sibby. I need you to do me a favor, hm? It's very important that you help me tonight to find my friend where we're going. Her name's Ianthe, she has hair the color of mum's pretty blue necklace, and eyes like dark chocolate. You've got the sharpest gaze in the family," Saang smirked as he tugged her winter cloak more snuggly around her, "Can you help me look for her?"

Giving Sybil a job was the best way to ensure her attention and not her temper.

Last edited:
  • Scared
Sybil couldn't sit still in the saddle, she was on an adventure! She has been dead set on following her older brother as soon as she saw him preparing to leave. Siobhan had caught her in the act, and naturally Sybil begged Siobhan to take her.

There was no fear of danger in her twinkling emerald eyes as they slowed and came to a stop. Siobhan lifted her down and guided her to Saang, and she trembled with pure excitement.

She pouted when Saang gave Siobhan a dagger and not her. It was quickly dropped as Saang stooped to fix her cloak and asked for only her to help find his friend. She giggled and stuck her tongue out at her older sister before turning back to Saang.

"I can do it! I'm the best at finding things!" Her little chest puffed up with pride and she grinned as she hugged her big brother. "Next time I wanna have a dagger too, my very own."

She scanned the area around them, and with no fear began to skip ahead. She knew her big brother would never let anything bad happen to them, and she really wanted to meet his friend. "Come on Siobhan, race you!"

Saang Lusce Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan was immediately curious about what it was laced with, but Saang had already turned his attention to the youngest Lusce. He was good with Sibby and he had been the same with her. He was an amazing brother and as she had grown older, she had realized just how amazing. Their father hated his daughters so Saang had stepped up in his place.

She messed with the belt as he asked Sibby to keep an eye out for his friend, Ianthe. Siobhan was pulled out of her reverie when she heard her name and say her little sister skipping ahead. She looked at Saang with a help me look and fast walked to catch up with the tiny terror.

She caught up with Sybil easily thanks to her much longer legs and lifted the girl into the air, eliciting giggles from her. "You need to get longer legs before you can race me properly," she planted a kiss on her sisters cheek before setting her back on the ground. They were not too far from Saang and she wanted to keep it that way.

Saang Lusce Sybil Lusce

"Ehhhh sure, next time," Saang smiled dolefully after the little imp, catching Sio's pleading glance as he pushed himself back to his feet. Next time there wouldn't be a next time. Next time he'd take the ley.

Long strides carried him at a clipped pace after the girls, where he caught up and gently corralled them along the appropriate trail. Night time had quickly overcome the sky and left their path illuminated by starlight and the glow of the moons. He could feel the rising hum of his power, ever balanced at the brink without the presence of the sun. When the next eclipse was he couldn't recall, but tonight wasn't it.

They crossed gently rolling dirt slopes with their cloaks dangling at their heels and their breath bobbing over their shoulders. When the path took a hard left, they found themselves ascending a steeper incline that turned from soft dirt to hard clay to shale. The mountain rose up on their left first, and then on their right until walls of stone tunneled them in.

"Wait," he called to them as they trotted ahead, "back here. Sibby, come here-" Saang stooped to pick her up and held her on his right side. He leaned forwared, "take your hand and press it against the stone. Sio, you too."

He did the same, flattening his left gauntlet against the wall of rock before them, "Now repeat after me: hala heradi."

Magic fluttered beneath their palms and the stone rippled outwards as if made of water, its color fading until an open archway wide enough to permit them through side by side appeared before them. Smiling at the wonder of it, Saang looked at them both, "well done. It's just through here now. When we reach the entrance I need you both to remain silent. It is very important that you do. Understand?"

Last edited:
  • Stressed
Sybil giggled Siobhan picked her up and planted a kiss on her cheek. After she was put down again, she grinned and took off again. "One day I'm gonna be the most powerful Siobhan! Just wait!" She cackled as she ran up the path, disturbing pebbles the whole way.

She only settled into a walk as Saang scooted them along. She hummed softly, nothing for her to get in trouble with yet. She was waiting for the right opportunity after all.

At Saang's words, Sybil immediately stopped and hopped back to her brother. She grinned as he picked her up, and she wrapped her arms around his neck for a hug before doing as instructed. "Hala haradi!"

Her eyes widened as big as dinner plates as the magic took effect. She trembled with excitement, her mouth agape. "I don't wanna be quiet, why do I gotta?" She pouted at her big brother. She would listen though, for now.

Saang Lusce Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan continued to chase after Sybil as they moved towards their destination. She was still intensely curious where they were going and why Saang was being so weird about it all. It may have been the first time the youngest sister had tagged along with him, but not her. She had snuck out after him so many times in her younger years that she was surprised he did not take the ley every time he left. He apparently did not learn.

Once he had for them to wait and picked up Sybil, he gave them directions to press their hands against the stone that stood that was in front of them. She placed her hand on the stone and repeated, “hala heradi.”

Siobhan was pretty sure that her expression matched Sybil’s as the magic flowed out from the stone. The stone was gone and it was replaced with an archway. While Sybil pouted about needing to stay silent, Siobhan nodded. Her heart was beating with the excitement of the unknown. “Sibby, if you are quiet like Saang asks, we can go running as animals later, okay?” Bribing worked wonders most of the time.

Sybil Lusce Saang Lusce

• Stressed
"For the same reason we're quiet when mum's napping," Saang responded gently, lifting his free hand to tap her on the nose and administer a dose of emphatic calm to the child, "some things are better left undisturbed." He was grateful for Siobhan's assistance, and smiled warmly as he passed Sybil back to her, "It's just for a little bit. I'll let you know when you can speak again. Hush now."

Into the dreary stone corridor they went, following the faint flicker of torch light at the far end. They walked in silence with naught but the echo of their steps accompanying them and when they exited on the other side they found themselves within the carcass of an ancient stone city ruin. The air here was stale and the ley shivered with esoteric energies. In the shadows lurked things that dare not enter the realm of the Night Court for the very same reasons a wandering fae avoided the realms of others when alone.

Saang directed Sio with a hand at the small of her back, hurrying her strides through the rubble-filled streets until they followed a turn to the shell of a massive, crumbling stone structure. There sat the gaping mouth of an entryway where great, hulking, beastly creatures stood guard.

proxy.php

"Remain quiet," he reminded them, pressing past Sio to approach at her front.

These creatures that loomed in the doorway were not fae, but the aura of power and magick they gave off was enough to make a mountain wilt. The one standing closest to the open doorway beckoned Saang forward and he silently gestured for Sio to wait as he approached. There he spoke low with the gatekeeper who withdrew from his cloak a dagger made of gleaming red crystal.

Saang removed his left gauntlet, took the dagger in his right hand and gripped the blade in the palm of his left. A single jerk smoothly sliced open the flesh beneath, causing him to grunt in pain. What blood that welled was immediately siphoned away into the blade and it was returned to the Gatekeeper with a grimace.

The keeper stepped back, permitting them entry. Saang gestured for Sio to step in ahead of him.

Sybil scrunched her nose as Saang tapped her on the nose. She felt the calmness exuded from his will and put her thumb in her mouth as he passed her back to Siobhan.

She tucked her head against her sister as they walked, for now her brother's power keeping her quiet. They walked for a while, the air of the ruins stale. It made her want to sneeze, and she rubbed her nose with her sleeve.

She could feel the magic in the air, and it made her perk up a bit. She had never been exposed to so many different types of magic, and it filled her with energy and excitement.

Saang reminded them to be quiet as they approached the gates. Sybil resisted the urge to wiggle out of her sister's arms, and instead waited with bated breath.

Sybil realized she should be scared, but she was fascinated. Saang approached the gate keeper, and Sybil continued to be on her best behavior as she watched. She gasped as the dagger was drawn across Saang's palm, she could even see the blood from where they waited.

He ushered them forward, but all Sybil wanted to do was run to her brother and apologize for being naughty. She was sure it was her fault he got hurt. Her little lip trembled as she tried not to cry.

As soon as Sybil had tucked her head against Siobhan’s body, she started to softly rub her head and planted a kiss on the little girls forehead. Sibby could be the most adorable thing in the entire universe sometimes. Sometimes.

Siobhan watched her older brother walk up to the creatures that were guarding the entrance to where ever they were going. She could not hear what Saang was saying to the creature and she let out a breath that she did not realize she was holding when the red crystal dagger glinted in the light.

She was horrified as she watched the eldest sibling drag the dagger across his palm, she heard and felt her sister gasp. She, too, did the same, but she kept the two of them quiet otherwise. Siobhan walked past Saang and kept going through the entry. She did not stop, she did not put Sybil down, she did not speak. She was terrified now.

Saang Lusce Sybil Lusce

The Goblin Market

proxy.php

The pale, warm lamplight beyond the twisted earthen doorway beckoned the newcomers forward from the darkness of the tunnel path out onto a a narrow ledge that suddenly gave way to a dizzying drop. There, sprawled at their feet lay the chaotic Goblin Market. Every walkway and hidey-hole, every precarious edge and moulding corner was taken up by vendors stalls, bars and inns. If names were actually reflective of the places they belonged to what lay before them would be called the Goblin City though not even the permeant residents here would give it such a name. This place served one purpose and one purpose one.

To provide your hearts desire.

Were you looking for a dragons tongue for some witches spell or a demon trap to unleash upon your enemies? The Goblin Market would have it. Did you have a wife to sell, or a child you no longer wanted? Someone here would buy them. Oh anything could be bought or sold here as long as someone had the right amount and that didn't mean gold strictly either.

"Your firstborns eye colour," Ianthe twirled the little purple flower between her fingers. The Midnight Star as it was so called could supposedly make even the most stubborn will bend when blended right into a tea. They grew on the seabed which meant they were a staple of her wares. The haggard looking Banyu Witch seemed to consider it but she had already swept back to study Ianthe's stall three times. She knew she would pay.

"Deal," the slimy wrench hissed and clashed her outstretched hand. Magic pulsed, the bargain made, and the woman snatched the plant out of her fingers and scuttled into the crowd. The kelpie turned to write the entry in neat script into her large leather journal when suddenly she stopped. Her whole body grew rigid and a chill crept up her spine.

"What's wrong wif ye?" the leprechaun whom she shared a spot with stopped counting his golden coins and looked up uneasily as her eyes began to dart from alcove to alcove.

"Nothing. I just thought I felt..." Trouble.

"Don't look back, keep walking," Saang hissed quietly behind Siobhan, keeping her pace clipped as they made a hasty retreat from the entryway and the guardians within. Another long, dark hall took them through a veil of magic that felt like walking through a heady mist. As they stepped through into the other side they found themselves stepping out into not a building, but the belly of a mountain and the market city contained within.

"You can speak now," his words were tight as he folded his gauntlet under his arm and quickly wrapped his hand in gauze before putting it back on, "the blood toll is for buyers and sellers. If you had spoken you wouldn't have passed as my wares for sale." Smiling wryly, Saang gently ruffled Sybil's hair, "Don't pout. No price could separate you from me. Not even ten unicorns. The Guardians are greedy, but not too smart. Come on then - your first time at the Underground Goblin Market. Let's take a look around, hm? Keep your eyes peeled for my friend."

Sybil peered over her sister's shoulder to watch the guardiand quietly as they proceeded forward. They passed through a veil of magic and she swivled her head back to face the market.

Delight roused her from her calm stupor and she wiggled out of Siobhan's arms. "Put me down!" Her feet hit the dirt and she looked up at her big brother. "Mommy would be so mad if you sold me for unicorns."

She was beginning to feel restless, and when she was restless..she was naughty. She fell a bit behind the steps of her siblings, and when the time was right, she slipped out of sight and into the crowd.

It was easy enough for her to maneuver through the feet of different people and creatures. Most didn't pay her any mind. She came across a table of gambling creatures, and she watched quietly before slipping under the table to light a cloak on fire before sneaking off again.

She was giggling to herself when she suddenly remembered her mission. "Gotta find Saangy's friend." She murmered to herself as she weaved through legs.

She climbed on a stall as a perch, scanning the crowd of people and stalls. No blue hair anywhere. She dropped down and moved even further into the crowd, repeating her climb several more times. Finally she saw someone with blue hair!

She scurried across where she had seen the lady. She skidded to a halt as she reached the stall and looked up. Blue hair, check. Chocolate eyes? "S'cuse me lady. You got chocolate eyes? My brother is looking for a lady with blue hair and chocolates for eyes."

Siobhan Lusce Saang Lusce Ianthe

Last edited:
Siobhan had put down Sybil and then returned to looking around the Underground Goblin Market in awe. She did not notice that the tiny terror had disappeared until she realized it was too quiet. She looked down and around quickly before her eyes found those of her brother. "Saang...Sybil is gone," she was almost afraid to see what Saang would do, but Sybil was like his baby so probably nothing.

She started to panic when she did not see anything out of place in the crowds and then she spotted a cloak on fire at one of the gambling tables. She growled and pointed, "that way! You just had to give her a mission!" Siobhan took off in the direction of the fire and cursed the entire way. It was harder for her to push through people since she was not a pint sized child who could slip through legs easily.

Siobhan saw a bundle of flaming hair pop up and down several times in different areas and she moved in the direction of the red hair. She just hoped that they were the only redheads in the market today.

Saang Lusce Sybil Lusce Ianthe

The kelpie had just finished her latest journal entry when the voice piqued up and asked its rather odd question. Her eyes automatically looked up, to the height at which she would expect most visitors to be - that is over 6ft off the ground - and frowned when all she saw was empty space. She begun to frown as her eyes travelled downwards, that cold feeling beginning to creep up her spine once more like the fingers of Death himself, before landing on the pint-sized fae. And the red hair.

Oh fu...

"No, Miss. Afraid no chocolates for eyes," fae couldn't lie after all but it was all about using the persons words against them. Ianthe had no qualms using what the child had yet to learn against her but just to be certain a small glamour swept across her eyes between one blink and the next turning the shade of her eyes to a deep purple. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. She had heard, of course, that Saang's mother had produced another of the little redhaired demons but had hoped she would be spared ever meeting it. And if she was here then he was here. She tried not to let it appear obvious as she scanned the streets for any other sign of gingers.

"Are you lost? Why don't you stay here and I'll go fetch someone..." she eased her way around the stall just as she caught a glimpse of more red tresses bobbing her way at a pace. Ianthe didn't stick around to make sure, that hair colour was not a common thing this far North and certainly not amongst the kind that wandered these halls. Like a fox scenting the hounds she was off and into the crowds.

"Saang..."
"Yes?"
"Sybil is gone."
"WHAT."

He rounded, bug-eyed, on Siobhan, frantically searching her figure for the tell-tale lump that was the youngest Lusce, and moved to the immediate surrounding area when he did not find her there. "Siiioooo-"

"that way! You just had to give her a mission!"

"GET THE BABY," he shouted at her as she zipped off into the crowd. He tried to follow at pace, but his broader shoulders and larger size made for a greater challenge in slinking through the narrow passages between all manner of creatures. He growled and took a side path that wound its way up to the next level overhead, dipping between passerby until he found himself traipsing out over a rickety wooden plank bridge.

There at the center he swung to a stop and peered out over the throngs, squinting into the dim and murky distances for red - or blue - hair. He found Sio dodging off to the left and looked ahead, spying the speck of crimson mischief teetering across rails like a kitten on an inelegant mission. Further ahead: the bob of aquamarine. His eyes widened - "Oh no you don't-IANTHE!" and hot-footed across the remainder of the bridge to dog the kelpie's escape from above.

"Ianthe!" he yelled when he'd found a bridge crossing overhead of her path, watched her veer in another direction and issued a high-pitched squealing yelp before giving chase across, "I JUST WANT TO TALK!"

Sybil narrowed her eyes at the woman as she exited the stall. She seemed nervous and that made the tiny terror want to know why. Suddenly the woman took of like a bolt. Sybil blinked a few times and with a giggle took chase.

Her little legs were not fast, and made it hard to keep up with the woman. What she lacked in speed, she made up for with her ability to maneuver between and under people. Why was this lady running?

It became clearer as she heard Saang's voice calling out. The lady was the one he was looking for! Her emerald eyes glittered with excitement, as she tried even harder to catch up.

• Stressed
Siobhan watched the red move again and she sped off, slightly changing directions. She lost the hair for a bit but she kept chase by watching the reactions of those who were walking and getting pushed around by a phantom.

"Fuck fuck fuck," Siobhan yelled as she pushed through the same people just moments after. She was going to get the little terrorist if it was the last thing she did. She was not going to go home sans the youngest sibling. That would bring immediate death.

"Sybbbbbbiiillllll, stop!“ She yelled at the top of her lungs. She also took this time to remind herself to go run more.

• Stressed
IANTHE!

The kelpie's eyes raised with horror towards the voice she had known would not be too far behind the little brat. In a distant part of her mind she knew she was being harsh to Saang. He had been far from the worst Handler she had been kept by in the Palace of Alfheimr and in a wretched way she owed him her new found freedom. There were still nights when she thought about how different her life would have been if she had been taken by Zhou. But her mind was set in the stubborn way of a horse when it had decided to bolt and escape was the only thing she could think. She needed to get to the harbour.

Slamming on her brakes she careened round a sharp bend to avoid passing under the bridge Saang was running along, nearly taking out a blue skinned black eyed pixie on her way. It snarled at her with razor sharp teeth but she paid it no mind.

I JUST WANT TO TALK!

"SORRY, PLACES TO BE! MAYBE ANOTHER TIME!" Maybe never, she thought bitterly and sped on. The easiest way into the Goblin Market was through the various mountain passes but there was another way. On the far end of the market the cave opened up into the icy deep waters of the Fjirstaf ocean. It was nigh impossible to sail a boat through the shards of ice and rock but for a creature of the water navigating its depths was easy. If she could get there she would be beyond his reach in minutes.

A cart called out in front of her and without missing a step she jumped, her hands touched the top of the bulky contents taking her into a handstand, before she pushed off and landed on the other side. Shouts and curses followed her as she ploughed on but she didn't care.

• Scared
Reactions: Saang Lusce
"IANTHE-" Saang's jaw stretched into the shout as he shoved past a particularly large ... was that an abominable snowman or a Nord wearing a white bearskin? Oh. No. Nope. It was an actual BEAR - and it caught him by his hair as he pushed past, growling at him in a way that far too sentient to be anything normal. Shit.

"Uhhh - beg pardon," Saang gave a nervous giggle, cast wide burning eyes toward the flash of blue below, and then looked back up at the bear. He didn't have time for this. A bear could decidedly not help him gather more wild kelpies to the cause. His arm swung up and roughly bopped the bear on the nose, "happy!" Saang flooded it with unbridled giddiness and watched as the bear blinked away its irritation and began to ... chuckle?

Released from its death grip, Saang tore himself away and fell back into hot pursuit.

He crossed one bridge, hung a hard left and cross another, boots pounding along the wood and plank walkways above until he leapt from the edge railing of one down onto the level below, red hair flailing behind him like a banner. With an about face he turned back into the crowd. She was right below him, spied through the spaces between the boards. Fast little water pony. But not fast enough.

Saang took his chance when she appeared to be distracted by looking behind her (at what he couldn't say) and leapt down through a gap between walkways

right

on top

of Ianthe.

Those two burning flames for eyes stared down at her through a waterfall of red hair, "Stop running from me!" he yelled at her, gathering his wits with a dramatic huff and frown, "It's really quite rude."

• Scared
Sybil was giggling as she gave chase, vanishing between legs and capes. She head her sister's hot pursuit and it spurred her onward, Siobhan was a party pooper, and she was not gonna let herself be caught.

She could hear Saang over the crowd, and she grinned gleefully. She briefly wondered if she'd get in trouble, but the thought was gone almost as fast as when she got it. She never got in trouble with her big brother, especially when she gave him the eyes and the pout, a few tears would work too.

There was a crash ahead of her and finally she caught sight of her brother. He was on top of the lady that was running. She cackled and finally caught up, jumping in front of Ianthe's face. Her tiny hands were on her hips as she stuck her tongue out at the kelpie. She bent and narrowed her green eyes at Ianthe. "Saaaaaang, she doesn't have chocolates for eyes though."

Saang Lusce Siobhan Lusce Ianthe

• Stressed
Siobhan finally caught up with Sybil, who had caught up with Saang and Ianthe. "Oh good, the gang is all here!" She said as she tried to catch her breath from running after the littlest Lusce. She scooped up Sybil and held her on her right hip as she gazed down at the largest Lusce. "Sybil, you had me worried, but you did a great job catching Saang's friend! I am so proud of you!" Siobhan placed a kiss on Sybil's forehead.

She looked back at Saang and then at Ianthe. Why had she been running? Siobhan thought as she waited for her brother to remove himself from his...whatever she was. This trip was entertaining, that was for sure.

Saang Lusce Ianthe Sybil Lusce

"You blue haired bitch! Watch where you're going!" Ianthe's head whipped back over her shoulder at the snarl that sounded too loud to come from something she could deal with in this form. Sure enough what was shaking its fist at her was a wendigo with his maw opened wide. Something in her breeding made her snarl back at him, baring slightly too sharp fangs in a challenge the other quickly stepped back from. There was a reason kelpies were feared. The kernel of smug, victorious pride that she had been feeling was quickly doused under the sudden - and heavy - arrival of her Handler.

If she hadn't whipped round to challenge whoever had insulted her she would have landed flat on her face with Saang on top of her. Not an inelegant way of being captured if somewhat humiliating in the middle of the Goblin Market with the harbours crashing waves now literally within sight. Unfortunately, however, she had turned to snarl and as such hadn't been the only to land on her face.

Saang had.

On.

Her.

Face.

There was a muffled screeching like a cat stuffed into a bag before she managed to move him an inch so he straddled her throat instead of sat on her face though she suspected he only moved so he could look directly at her as he berated her. She bared her teeth and snarled back in response then begun to write like a fish out of water to try and worm her way free.

She doesn't have chocolates for eyes.

Ianthe's eyes popped open at the young fae's voice. The purple glamour was gone revealing deep brown eyes that in her anger looked almost black. She narrowed them at the child and then gave the other girl that appeared not long after a silent snarl similar to the one she had given Saang for praising the child. The kelpie returned her furious gaze to the man still on her.

"Neither is putting your dick in someone's face, now move. Before I remind you how sharp my teeth are."

He wasn't lingering there over Ianthe on purpose - he'd been distracted by the sudden arrival of the tiny Lusce. For a moment Saang fought with himself on keeping the kelpie pinned until he knew she would stay put, or lunging after the chylde to make sure she didn't dash off again.

Sorry mother, I lost her at the Goblin Market.

Only words uttered in nightmares.

"She doesn't have chocolates for eyes." Oh, good, she was distracted by Ianthe. Saang lifted a hand to reach out to the pint-sized pixie but found her suddenly scooped out of his view. Sio - thank the stars.

"Chocolate colored eyes, little fox," he corrected her with a smile, Ianthe's screeching and squirming such a normal thing to him that he did not pay it much heed.

"Neither is putting your dick in someone's face, now move. Before I remind you how sharp my teeth are."

Saang blinked, "What?" and looked down at the current ... situation, red brows lofting over a wisp of a potentially apologetic smirk, "Oh. Yes of course - how very presumptuous of me." He promptly pushed himself off the woman and back to his feet, reaching to grab her by the upper arm and haul her to her own. He did not let go and his grip was firm, but not bruising.

"You know how much I dislike ordering you," Saang leaned in to hiss gently at her, his expression was deeply set with something akin to malcontent, "I came here to find you because I need your help. Now will you please stop running?"