Private Tales The Gem, The Soul, and The Unknowing

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Al'Kaliit

Dune Raider
Character Biography
Link
It was a dark and cloudless night. The moons both shined. The rain has stopped about 45 minutes ago. Al'Kaliit was in a party of two: she and a mercenary contracted informally while on the road. The young woman used no combat clothes, in her torso a white shirt with many brown mud spots. She wore leather pants and long boots for the mud.

"I hope there are no werewolves arround here, eh?"

Said the mercenary, trying to break the ice. They had not talked much in the two days they had travelled together.

"Shut up, Telar. Your jokes are not funny"

The coldness in her voice was such that if it were physical the water in the air arround her would have frozen.

"Now, please be quiet until we... Nevermind, we have arrived"

Al'Kaliit

"Depends where you think you're going."

I don't like snotty kids as a rule - I've spent too much time in academia. Not that I'd been eavesdropping, but sounds carries that late at night, once all the pirates and raiders went to sleep. I was still up because I'd mixed the wrong recipe; hopefully I'd be able to crash in a day or two. For the moment I was jittery as hell.

I closed my massive book and handed it off to the skeleton that follows me. I'd perched at a splintery table right at the edge of what passed for a town. Good place to make trades, at least during daylight.

I straightened up and put down my hood. "Welcome to Suckmud. Not the safest place at night."

• Yay
Reactions: Telemachus
"Only at night? What a relief... I come from a place where u safety occurs all day and night"

Al'Kaliit wandered into the place and looked arround, analyzing the construction. Meanwhile, Telar was looking at the skeleton, with a scarred look on his face and said:

"Is... Is that a skeleton, Ma'am?"

"Yes it is. I didn't think you were blind, though"

"You know I am not"

"Doesn't look like. But at least the information I was given is correct. Hey, creepy lady... I know what you do. How much do you charge a day?"

The arrogance in her voice was disconcerning and irritating. But she did seem to have good control over the man. What could a... Girl... Want with a necromancer anyways?

• Yay
Reactions: Harrier
Al'Kaliit

"By the day, you say..."

I left the skeleton and the table, stalked a little closer, and squinted. Out over the port's murky water, lanterns burned on an anchores boat. They and the moons made up all the light I had. But yes, the pale girl looked young. The other had dumb muscle written all over him.

"What's the job? Loved one brought back for a final chat? Dead pirate raised to point the way to his treasure? Bonewalker army that doesn't bleed, run, freeze, or starve?"

"I want you to get this guys soul and trap it inside a stone"

She said, hitting the pommel of the dagger on the back of his head and making him unconscious.

"Also, would you by any chance know how to make a phylactery? I don't think I'm dying any time soon, but I want to have a backup plan"

Al'Kaliit

Now, I'm what you'd call amoral, but there's a long walk between amorality and sociopathy. I felt dubious.

"Maybe," I said. "I'm looking at the last person who did business with you, and I'm not wild about ending up like him. Fortunately for you, I'm also arrogant enough to think that I'm more likely to see that kind of thing coming. So let's get down to business. What can you offer me?"