Open Chronicles The Garden That Was Once A Town

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Alani watched in surprise as the tree shifted and took on the form of a humanoid. She stared at it blinking for a moment "I did not know they could do that... this should definitely improve our speed. Though I don't see a need to rush. Unless you feel there is a need for urgency." She said. She spoke out loud but the entire time she continued to look at This-One as if she was addressing it.

• Yay
Reactions: Caelia
Hearing Alani, Caelia wordlessly translated it to This-One. The Mycolyp's mushrooms flexed once more, emitting their scent through both air and the mycaelial network. (Alani seems to be addressing you. She says that she was unaware you could change your form like you just did, and that it will assuredly improve our speed. However, she does not see a need for rushing, unless we see a need for urgency.) She left an open and unspoken question present in the message, a wordless inquiry if This-One believed and was worried about an ambush being launched upon them.

("Form is fluid... I will grow to change.") This-one began to move, their travel to be another long one. It realized that Alani was trying to communicate, and could get the idea of what they meant, but there was a barrier that would take time to cross. The young tree hoped that Caelia knew their appreciation for the translations, but was beginning to wonder if it would not be better for It's learning to simply suffer without. Already the differences in verbal and postural expressions between Caelia and Alani was a learning experience. Staying ahead in the group, This-one kept close to Alani as they moved, the elongated limbs adjusting to the new gait. Its attention was split but it would not be caught unaware.

Alani sensed the change in This-ones smell. She didn't quite understand it but she managed to understand a determined confidence in This-One's tone. She carefully adjusted her own scent to give the dear and the others directional instructions, like a compass pointing them in the right direction. She smiled, her tusks showing as a soft breeze rustled the trees. She ran her fingers through her bangs trying to brush them out of her eyes as the wind played with them.

(OOC: you want to do a time skip soon?)

• Yay
Reactions: Caelia
Caelia was about to translate for This-One, her gaze shifting towards Alani as she readied her message. However, upon her vision locking onto the woman, she recognized the look of understanding that flushed into her face at This-One's message. She gave a silent nod, looking ahead once more. Her mount followed the scent, accustomed to being led by another, even through unordinary methods. Her hands drifted from the neck of the Overgrown beast to her side, the palm open and welcoming. Suddenly aware of the beckoning gesture, the panther, its movements graceful and fluid even in its newfound condition, quickly snuck under her touch, following her pace. The herd of the Overgrown deer with no rider followed the compass hidden within scents sent by Alani, meeting their pace in an odd synchronized fashion unfound even in natural herds.

(Yeah, a time skip seems fine. If anyone else wishes to join, they can pop in during the journey or at our destination.)

They traveled through the day, occasionally breaking into small bouts of conversation but for the most part traveling in silence. A soft breeze rustled the leaves of the trees and Alani took in a deep breath. The deep earthy scents of This-one, the Mycolyp and the forest around her. A warm welcoming sensation filled her as the scent filled her lungs and they began to walk through more familiar forest.

It was growing dark, the orange rays of sunset seeping through the branches of the trees as they came into a clearing. A small cabin with clay walls and a thatched roof stood in the middle while off to the side a garden plot with a wattle fence around it stood, spring vegetables starting to grow in the carefully tended plots.

A large woman stopped and turn to look at them. She looked a lot like Alani but much bigger and broader, brown hair tied in a braid down her back. She had a yolk over her shoulders, two full buckets of water hanging from the ends. Her eyes lite up when she saw the Mycolyp and This-One.

She placed the yolk down and beamed. A natural sent began to carry from her, strong and clear. ("Welcome, people of earth. Welcome to our home,")

Alani dismounted and walked up to the woman "Ma ma, these are people of Earth, they wish to learn more of our kind, I told them you and pa could tell them more of the world beyond the Spine,"

She placed a large hand on Alani's shoulder warmly, "You have done good." Then turning back to the house she shouted "Degvan, get out her, Alani's home and she brought guests!"

A slightly disgruntled man came out of the hut scratching his blond beard and muttering. He seemed very dwarf like if a bit taller and less stalker than your average dwarf. He stopped short eyes going wide when he saw the nature of the guests "While, I'll be buggered," He mused.

(OOC: Sorry guys, I kind of dropped the ball on this one, I was hitting a writer's block when it came to Alani's parents.)