Open Chronicles The Debutant’s Birthday

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Victoria O'Connor

Red Vampire
Character Biography
Link
It was a warm and lovely night in the Reach. There were stars in the clear sky, but they were partially obscured by the paper lanterns strung up throughout the gardens. Glowing torchlight from elegant sconces on stone walls illuminated the vast courtyard and highlighted the blooming hedgerows and exotic flowers that had now closed for the evening. Several long tables had been set with food from across the continent, and they were set next to barrels of wine as sweet and rich as honey.

All about were fine people dressed in elegant clothing. Nobility from throughout the region had gathered for the grand celebration: the eighteenth birthday of a prominent Lord’s daughter. Marigold Lamontagne was as lovely as any bloom in the garden, and seeing as her father controlled fifty leagues of land in all directions, her coming-out celebration was the event of the year for most of the guests.

Money, old and new alike, was thick here. Every conversation was a dance of status and posture, a back and forth of boasting disguised as humility, and insults with the guise of kindness. It was a backhanded, twisting ordeal, and Victoria O’Connor had perfected it long, long ago.

She had not received an invitation, but she didn’t need one. Her regal blood practically oozed from every pore. Her face was a porcelain carving, devoid of flaw or defect. Her rich red hair was done up in an elaborate twist, held in place with ivory pins adorned with rubies. Her gown was a similar sanguine red, the fabric so fine and smooth that it hardly seemed a physical thing. Around her neck a garnet necklace, on her fingers more gems. Everything in its place, everything with a purpose.

The doorman had been easy enough to pass even without her entrancing powers, and soon she found herself at the edge of the sprawling stone patio, where the torchlight was dim. She hadn’t touched the food or drink, she had a different meal in mind.

Her eyes caught the birthday girl and her gaggle of friends near the center of the festivities. Victoria had considered taking the young Lady herself, but that would draw far too much attention. No, she had turned her eye to a tall, thin girl with dark hair and sapphire eyes. She looked a bit older, perhaps the daughter of a lesser noble under Marigold’s father. She wore blue, to match her eyes.

Before she could strike, however, it was time for gifts. Marigold was shown a parade of lavish presents, and soon it was Victoria’s turn. Lamontagne’s servants brought forward a silken cloth covering something tall. At Victoria’s word, they pulled the cloth free to reveal a mannequin adorned in a fantastically stunning gown. It was sleek and shining, with golden threads twisting over sky-blue fabric. It would look lovely with Marigold’s yellow hair, and the girl seemed to agree.

“From your friend to the southeast, I present you with this gown. It is made in my family’s style, with some alterations to reflect your own unique beauty. I did the embroidery myself,” she indicated the fine patterns and the Lamontagne crest that adorned the gown in shimmering golden thread.

She gave a curtsy to accept the girl’s thanks, and stepped back into the crowd.

The night was yet young. She had a meal in mind, but how else would she occupy herself this evening?

• Dwarf
Reactions: Heike Eisen
Nothing better then wine at a birthday party. Sometimes people spiked it with posion in these sort of events, intending to take out a large number of nobles in one foul swoop. Not to mention, how some plottimg was always prevalent.

Who would marry who? What new alliances were to be made? The dance of Lord and Ladies was indeed a delicate one, which Nate did dabble in from time to time.

He was wearing a simple embroidered green/blue tunic that was embroidered with gold and silver thread, his pants and boot were dark. But over all he wore items that spoke to his rank as a Lord of his own house elsewhere.

Nate had already given his gift to the birthday girl, a beautiful ring of a gem that matched not only her looks but her personality. Twirling the wine in his goblet the monster hunt sniffs the air, thought he smelt something.... infected then it was gone among the crowd. His curiosity was peeked but he could not act out, but his beastly side was hungry. Nate would wait for the beast to show itself to himself or someone else if there was one.

• Devil
Reactions: Szesh
Victoria set herself adrift in the crowd. She did not speak to anyone, she hadn't found anyone interesting yet, and her otherworldly glamour seemed to intimidate most people, and few made eye contact. She kept her own eyes on the tall, dark-haired girl. She was clearly Marigold's friend and kept close to her. Separating the lamb from the flock would take some doing...

She stopped, a strange but vivid scent had hit her, and she wrinkled her nose. She scanned the crowd with eyes of cold fire. Could there be one here? Impossible... but then again, she had known that curse to afflict a noble here and there. How they had managed to maintain themselves well enough to enter so exclusive an event was beyond her, though.

No one obvious... this one was well groomed. She would need to tread very carefully, and she wished with a pang of regret that she had brought her silver rapier.

She resumed her circling, realizing that if she had detected them, the wolf had certainly noticed her. She needed to blend in, but it was only a matter of time until she was sniffed out. As if to add to her dilemma, she noticed Marigold's friend had gone to refill her wine... alone.

It would be foolish to hunt now, not while she was being watched by one of them. Then again... she would need her strength, and this one looked so delicious. She swallowed, feeling her mouth water.

Against her better judgement, she approached, taking a glass of red wine off the table for herself. “That is a very beautiful gown," she said in a voice of silken spiderwebs. The girl turned abruptly and marveled at the ethereal creature before her. She was lost the moment she made eye contact.

“Thank you, my lady,” she said with a small nod.

Victoria raised her glass to the woman in blue. “A beautiful gown for a beautiful young lady,” she brought it to her lips but did not drink. The girl, mesmerized, took a sip.

“Walk with me,” she slipped her arm through the girl’s and lead them away from the festivities and into the dimly lit garden. It was a gentle command, but a command all the same. As far as this girl knew she was royalty, and so she obeyed.

Nate smiles as he comunes with one of the lords near the punch table. He remembered the lord a bit from when he was ten summers younger, just about that atleast. It was good hearing he had married his daughter off to a well respected gentleman from another house elsewhere but he felt the Lord’s worry about his daughter. She was like a sister to him and was incredibly sweet, still he wished her and her family the best.

The hunter would catch her scent as she walled by and he caught a glimpse of her red hair. Something incredibly rare among people, even of noble blood.

He’d follow her, but not too close, her scent was good enough among the scent of these mortal nobles. And it seemed that she had a friend, or prey, with her. He was quite hungry now that he thought of it.

And she chose a perfect spot to kill the poor thing in a dimly lit garden. Or who knows if she’d kill her, might add on to their numbers. But he wasn’t here for that either, so he’d continue on talking to his friend keeping an ear out for anything amiss.

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Victoria O'Connor
Victoria and her prey walked arm in arm through the twisting paths of the garden. "Such a lovely evening, don't you agree?" The girl nodded, "Yes, I love clear nights." Her voice seemed a bit distant, but Victoria had that effect. She could have hypnotized the girl entirely but where was the fun in that? May as well enjoy the company for a few moments before the meal.

They passed a small rose garden, and Victoria continued, "You seem quite close to the young Lady Marigold."

"Yes," the lamb replied, "We have been friends since we were children. My father serves hers, and the Lamontagnes have always been good to us." Victoria smiled to herself, very pleased with herself for her correct judgement of the girl from before.

"Is your husband here as well?" she asked, knowing full well what the answer would be. The girl's face fell.

"I... am unwed, my Lady."

"No... a precious flower like you? I do not believe it. You must have suitors lined up for miles asking for your hand." She feigned her disbelief, flattering the young thing like a child.

She laughed softly, "Oh no, not for me."

They had stopped behind a large hedgerow which blocked them from the sight of the other partygoers. Victoria stopped suddenly and turned to the girl whose name she did not care to learn. "Such a lovely thing should not live life unattended." Her tone had changed, and she stood very close to the girl, pushing her back into the leaves.

"I..." the girl's words caught in her throat, but Victoria stared into her blue eyes with bloody intensity. She lifted her fingers to the young woman's neck, stroking it gently, feeling the blood rushing within.

She could still sense that the wolf was somewhere nearby, knew it was foolhardy to feed somewhere so public, even though she believed herself hidden. Her hunger clouded her judgement, and her dinner was such a pretty thing. How could she be expected to resist?

"I could attend to you... if you would like?" she whispered, and she saw the poor thing's eyes glaze over.

"Yes.... my Lady..."

"Please..." Victoria said, leaning towards her neck. "...call me Mistress."

Nate keeps and ear on the cooing of the vampire, the young girl was going to be drained. He would give his old friend a slight bow, “Till next time my friend.” He smiles and the two shake hands before going their separate ways.

Quietly he would approach the garden and motion to the vampire to continue leaning against the wall outside of the vision of anyone and he’d wait. She wasn’t a target and he would not hunt her. He had no money from that after all, he was just a bit hungry that’s all and didn't want to have a mess all over his nice coat.

• Thoughtful
Rob couldn't help but think that the security in this place was disappointingly sub-par. He had gotten rather rusty in the time it took to travel to the Spine and all the way back here, so this seemed like it would be a good place to refresh his skills. No such luck however.

His colorful garb did him wonders for this environment. Now was the time to indulge his sticky fingers. He slipped his way through the crowd, putting up the show of an entertainer. Nothing too attention grabbing, else he wouldn't be able to do much else. He slipped the occasional trinket into a various pocket or bag as he whisked by.

He spotted a man, obviously not quite of the same stock of these folk. He looked more alert. If he could snag something from him, then that... That would be good practice. The same tricks would not work on him, so he slowly began to become more and more passive until he became just another body in the crowd, and as they moved farther from the crowd, a wandering eccentric or performer as he continued to stalk his mark.

There may be something rather interesting to a few of the more, observant, partygoers who paid attention. Perhaps something which he had forgotten to account for.

He didn't smell like anything at all.

Last edited:
Her lips grazed the girl's skin. She could feel the pulse beneath it, and she felt the building excitement and hunger come to the surface. She was about to indulge herself when something caught her eye. She straitened suddenly. Most people at these sorts of things would be stuffy enough to believe she and the girl were just having a chat, and would do their best not to think about why they were so close to one another.

Nate motioned for her stay hidden. That was... odd. She couldn't very well feed with someone watching, and while this was frustrating, she was more curious than anything. He made another motion, almost like... no that couldn't be. It was almost as if he was beckoning her to continue.

She blinked. "Who are you?" she asked abruptly. No affected tones, no pompous pretense. Clearly he knew too much about her, so she wanted to know more about him. The girl meanwhile, continued to stare at her "mistress" with glassy eyes.

Nate chuckles, “For sure you smelt me, just like I smelt your own scent as soon as I entered the event.” He tells Victoria looking relaxed an calm, “Don’t worry I dont hunt what I am not paid for. I’m just a hungry passer by myself and wanted to catch up with a few friends in there. Maybe grab a bite.”

He would look back at the party unfolding and all the people talking like they had nothing to worry about, “Maybe you would not mind sharing whats left of the husk after you are done, since we both have atleast a few similarities about us. Hopefully enough so we both can agree that... some of the seats of the high houses in there need rearranged, pernamently.”

He chuckles and licks his lips, “If you do not mind such a prospect.” Nate does not move towards the vampire, letting her have her distance with her new food. And maybe his own food perhaps since they both had similar yet different diets. Hers required blood, his required meat. Sure his beastly side wouldn’t be too pleased with human mean, or elven meat. But it would have to do until he and Jane got their hands on something more edible then a acid blood demonic cow man or rancid undead flesh.

No it needed something fresh and powerful, so nobles had to do. And he was getting paid anyways.

Rob continued to meander his way over. Eventually, when he deemed himself close enough and out of sight, he went out of his way to hide himself as he slinked forwards to eavesdrop on the conversation his chosen target had begun.

Obviously, as far as Rob figured while listening to the back and forth, this could not end well. He shifted uncomfortably back and forth. If things were going the way he figured they were going, it’d be rather morally dubious for him to just wander off. However, he didn’t particularly want to get into a tussle.

He silently drew a knife. He doubted it’s effectiveness but it was always good to have on hand.

Victoria's brow furrowed as he spoke. She did not trust werewolves, she did not like them. He seemed pleasant enough, but ancient blood feuds did not die quietly. Nevertheless, she would prefer not to fight here with so many important people around. Her own lands were just starting to rise back to prominence, and she would need connections to ensure that her own influence grew.

His offer was... interesting. Her own prejudice aside, they were more alike than anyone here. Both of them posing in roles and hiding their afflictions. Both of them hungry for power... among other things. Perhaps it would be good to have someone else "unique" on her good side. Perhaps she could also keep a closer eye on this man. A werewolf with class could be a strong ally, or a dangerous rival.

Her face transitioned from concern to a sly half-smile. "Perhaps we do have things to discuss... but I do not like to conduct business on an empty stomach." She pulled the girl roughly back in front of her, so that she was in between Nate and Victoria. The girl complied silently, still glassy-eyed. With much less ceremony than before, Victoria sank her fangs into the girl's lovely neck.

What transpired next was all too predictable. The victim tensed, as pain struck them, but they were also quite helpless against it so long as the vampire had subdued them appropriately. The body then reacted of its own accord. Such a significant puncture of a vessel would send a cascade of reactions through their system, further reducing the chances of fighting back.

Victoria's body, meanwhile, was going through reflexes of its own. The taste, smell, and feeling of hot blood awakened her most basal desires. Her heart beat quickly, and the tendons in her hands bulged as she grasped at the girl. Unfortunately, she could not enjoy the meal to its full potential, as her eyes were still locked on Nate. She did not trust him not to take advantage of her distraction, and she would not let him out of her sight. The look she gave him was savage.

She would leave the remains to him provided they were not interrupted.

• Yay
Reactions: Rob Cooke
Well, it was just about now or never. By his figuring there was probably only about one way to do this. He didn't want to cause a scene, if he did, there would be a panic and that would end well for no one. His current running plan was, to say the least, less than perfect, but it was better than just trying to stab the folk.

He quickly shot out of cover, stretching out his hands, one curled in a fist and the other palm open. His palm went straight for, as far as he could figure, the vampire's head. If all went well they would be blinded. He didn't particularly know if this would work, even if the hand manages to connect the vamp had other senses. In the meantime, the first went straight for the unlucky girl's head. He wasn't about to take any chances with thralls.

Optimistically, he could grab the girl and drag her into view of the party, say something about their failing to hold liquor, and the two beasties would be spooked off.

Optimistically

Nate’s ear would twitch, “Of course. Everyone needs to eat after all.” Nate smiles as Victoria bit into the girl. Such a shame, humans weren’t the top of the food chain. Many other things were.

Then this fucking idiot decides to try to attack the vampire and her prey whole she ate. The hunter quickly steps between them and grabs the wrist of the hand with the dagger in it. “Yah know, walking in on such an event with a weapon...” He tightens his squeeze on the man’s wrist, enough so it will feel like it was snapping in half, “Then attacking people of a noble birth is beyond bloody stupid.... death pentalty at most... or a few years in the stocks. But you’d be dead where I am from, food for the wolves.” Nate licks his lips with a smile.

“So lets drop it so we can talk.” He says quietly. Making sure that no one was looking out or noticed the altercation, luckly no one was as they were too busy getting food.

• Yay
Feeding was an intimate act. Not only did it require extreme physical closeness, it left a vampire relatively vulnerable. While she could look at Nate and see if he made a move from her, she was encumbered by the girl in front of her. It would take precious seconds to release her bite and grip, both of which were locked like iron vices through the feedback loops of a feeding frenzy. She also watched him as if through a dream. The details were fuzzy, and it was difficult to focus on him and not the sweet, sweet blood that flowed down her throat. Young, virginal people always tasted the best, and this one had the rich flavor of the well-nourished. Wealth had given the girl every advantage up until this point. Too bad... Victoria did not need any more thralls, and she had no desire to sire any new vampires.

She was distracted enough that she did not react in time to stop Rob's open palm from smacking her in the face. Her teeth tore free of her victim and she hissed like a startled animal. Blood fell from her mouth and spurted from the open wound on the girl's neck, spattering the front of Victoria's dress and staining her neck and chin. Normally she was a very clean eater, and it was good that Nate had stayed the man's dagger and prevented any further mess.

The raven-haired girl slumped to the ground where she lay twitching, blood pooling beneath her head as the neck wound bled like a fountain. Victoria looked at her ruined clothes, her meal soaking into the ground, and then back at the masked man with a fresh fury. "Talk?? He will die for this!" she said in a quiet, cold rage, spitting half-clotted blood from her lips.

She did not move towards him, though. She had already created one body, and now there was an even greater risk of being discovered. Perhaps it would be best to cut her losses and flee. The opposite pulls of anger and pragmatism kept her still.

• Yay
Yeah. He didn't get particularly lucky this time.
And by that, he meant the probable worst case scenario had come about.

Unseen eyes below the mask looked around, taking a quick second to evaluate the new situation. If it came down to a fight, he didn't like his odds against the both of them, especially the wolf. Frankly he was a little disappointed in himself for not thinking of this possibility. When he got home, he had to invest in some holy water and silver.

In the meantime, he had to get through this trickery. He silently shuffled his foot to the side, next to the girl, to see if there was anything left for his magic to fix.
. “Yah know, walking in on such an event with a weapon...”
"I mean I climbed in, so does it really count?" He particularly doubted it was the time for jokes, but who knows, maybe they had a sense of humor. They shortly requested that he dropped his dagger, to which he complied, there was no point in having it anyways.

In the meantime, the vamp's anger was more than noticed, but she stayed still. But, that didn't mean she'd be staying there, so, in his free hand, he let some fire dance between his fingers. Not enough to use it for a a full fledged attack, but a silent warning.

"You can't really blame me for trying, most have a few moral qualms about tearing people open. But I assume that you all won't just let me go and be on your way?"

Nate punches Rob in the side of his ribs, "Yah know... you do have a smart mouth considering your situation." Nate doesn't let Rob go but simply squeezed on his wrist even harder.

Poor bastard was either gonna be tossed over the edge of the wall again, drained by the bat, or eaten by Nate. Depends on how well behaved this human was and how pissed the vampire was. Nate could simply just go and start killing them all inside while she had fun with him.

"You did interrupt a dinner which is quite rude. Not to mention, no invitation." Nate's neck hair was prickling as he felt the vampire's anger in the interruption. Sadly the blood was now spilling over the earth. Shame. That would've been a good use for the vampire but now, more people would have to die or be bitten.

"Now more than one person would have to die because of your reckless actions."

Victoria’s menace shrunk just a half measure as her eyes were drawn to the flame. Cursed pyromancers and their lightshows, she hated anything that made her feel weak.

”Do you think you are fast enough to use that?” She taunted, but she did not move.

Her face held a satisfied smile when Nate struck the fool in the ribs, feeling that a small bit of justice was being served. However, when he mentioned the deaths, her face dropped.

”No, we cannot kill more here. This girl won’t be missed for hours but we will be found out if we aren’t more careful.” Already she was scanning around for other guests venturing places they ought not to go. Her ruby eyes went back to Rob. ”But... witnesses could be a problem.”

She did want to kill him... but he seemed annoyingly capable of causing a fuss. It would be a tremendous waste of time to leave the event half-satiated and without securing at least one useful alliance. Violence might not be the best course of action.

”You aren’t going to be a problem, are you?” she hissed icily at the masked man.

• Yay
Rob took the hit to the ribs rather graciously, and stayed silent as he listened and observed. As much as he would like to keep making smart quips, his friends here were churning the new problem over in their heads. As far as Rob figured, he may have had even a slight negotiation advantage, if it came to that, vamps don't particularly like being toasted, and if he was quick on the draw he could cause a fuss to ruin their whole... Whatever. He still had to figure out exactly what they were going for besides crunching on some people.

Suddenly, the vampire spoke,
”You aren’t going to be a problem, are you?” she hissed icily at the masked man.
"Well that rather depends, are y'all going to be a problem? I mean, I'm not particularly inclined towards anyone here, if that's what you are asking, just more particular to you tearing open the throat of some sleazeball rather than someone who didn't really do anything, you catch my drift?"

He craned his head to keep an eye on the wolf. Vamps were a lot scarier, sure, but he was pretty sure this was the one that could toss him around the most. Plus, as step one of his annoyance program, making it seem like he didn't view the vampire as a threat at all or just ignoring her would probably be at least decently effective. As for step two, he began to lean his weight backwards to make his wrist slightly harder to hold.

Last edited:
"I could care less of any of these nobles, we all know they mostly fuck their own cousins and probably have a great many illegitimate or legitimate children scurrying around somewhere." The wolf sighs, "Besides, everyone will just think beasts did it, which does not change much of society's built-in view on our kin."

The hunter kept his grip tight on Rob and started to dig his nails into his wrist. Man, this meat stick was probably gonna be as good as any, he'd look at Victoria with a hungry glance and lick his lips. His other side was quite hungry.

He was curious about what she was going to do with this issue. He'd eat him if he could!

The insolence of this cur was infuriating. She had been among the elite for too long and it had been quite some time since anyone had dared speak to her in such a manner. It was a rare and frustrating situation that the vampire found herself in, having to actually weigh the consequences of killing such a person.

And as disappointing as it was there was really no reason to kill this man. Why, merely by his clothing one could easily assume he was mad, and even if her accused Victoria and Nate for what they were no one would believe him. The blood on her gown was unfortunate, but it could be explained away as... oh... oh yes, that might work.

She started to laugh quietly. Oh, it was too perfect! "We needn't kill him," she said to her "companion" with a smile. She picked the dead girl up by her neck with one hand and dragged her over to the pair of them. "Catch!"

She tossed the corpse at Rob. Her goal, if he did not worm out of the way, was to cover him in the young lady's blood. "Do what you wish, but he'll be leaving soon enough," she continued to Nate before dashing back towards the party, wailing "Help! Please, help! Murder!"

How could she have been angry before? The perfect scapegoat for her crime had arrived, and what's more, she had been attacked under the Lord's own roof! He would be absolutely falling over himself to make it up to her. She should really be thanking the poor masked fool, the night could not be going any better!

• Yay
His head tilted slightly in the direction of the vamp as they began to laugh. That reaction was... Unexpected, just as unexpected was the throwing of the corpse. Sure enough, he got a good splattering of blood on himself as the body made impact and the vampire ran off screaming murder.

"Well now isn't that impolite." And as much as it was a clever move, he would be rather remiss if he let her run off with absolutely no repercussions. He raised his free hand and shot a bolt of fire after her. He didn't entirely expect it to hit her, but maybe it'd start a fire, or something, to distract people.

In the meantime, it really was time to get his arm free. "I think I, at least, ought to be taking my leave." He snapped his gaze back to the man holding his arm and sent a bolt of lighting up it and into him. Probably wouldn't kill him, but it should hopefully hurt enough for Rob to slip away.

• Dab
Nate tenses as the bolt of lightning tore through his arm, it was just enough shock to get his heart going as he felt his arm spasm with the pain. The hunter smiled as he holds his arm collapsing to the ground, "Yah know what. I'd be surprised if you don't get hanged or beheaded for this." He growls as nobles ran out of the way of the fireball with a gasp of surprise.

The hunter chuckles standing up, "Fucking get out of here, your head will probably be on a bounty board sooner or later." The hunter goes to the knife and spins it around and stabs himself with it in his torso, "You aren't a monster also..." He takes the knife and twists it, "So I do not need to kill yah." He chuckles coughing up some blood chuckling as he sat down against the shrubbery, "Fucking humans always worse timings." The hunter yanks the knife out of his torso and tosses it to Rob.

Victoria was feeling very pleased with herself. She had managed to twist events back to her favor, and she would be getting revenge as well! The werewolf seemed capable enough of disentangling himself from the situation. Perhaps he could play the part of the dashing hero, who arrived just in the nick of time to keep the ruffian from claiming another fair maiden. What drivel. The nobles would eat it up.

She felt the heat from the firebolt at the same time as she saw its light, her own shadow thrown out in front of her. Her smugness evaporated, and she dove for the ground. Too late. The bolt caught her in the hip, and the shriek of pain that came from her was so terrible that it did not seem like something human vocal cords should be able to produce.

Her flesh seared as her gown caught fire, and she desperately rolled on the ground in an attempt to quell the flames. The impracticality of such dress had always been a worthwhile sacrifice for poise and status, but now the impossible garment would be her death.

Or it would have been, had several people not already been rushing towards her. Together they beat out the fire and called for a doctor. Victoria remained on the ground, whimpering in pain, her right leg shivering as she tried to ignore the smell of her own burnt skin. The wound had not been fatal, and therefore would heal, but it would take much, much longer than usual. Fire was troublesome that way.

Those that had not stopped to help her would continue to run towards the source of the blast, and they would soon be accompanied by the halberd-wielding guards of the Lamontagne estate.

• Yay
He quickly stepped backwards from the wolf as soon as he was released, ready to keep moving as he talked. He was more than happy to let the wolf stab himself, and deftly caught the knife as it was thrown to him. "You know, you should probably like, not be a bastard, just in case, usually bites you in the ass." He quickly said to the wolf, before turning to the vampire. He yelled out, loud enough for everyone to hear, "Hey vamp! If I see ya again, I'll give you more than a warning shot!" He rather doubted anyone would believe him, but it was mostly out of spite. Along with his parting message he threw the knife towards the vampire before taking off.

Suddenly, security had become a lot tighter. Apparently a murder and being covered in blood makes you a lot more noticeable. He hurled through the garden, at the very least, he was going to be faster than those guards. A troublesome guest unfortunately got in the way, but a boot to the balls was enough to shut him down.

By the time Rob was climbing the wall, they were nearly on him. He cursed as a halberd sailed past him as he finally jumped down the wall. He had the lead he would need now, but he had to get out of the area before any angry nobles managed to get a bounty out.

• Yay