Open Chronicles The Bounty

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Uhfred

Character Biography
Link
Udalof crouched in the brush outside the lavish house. He had a longbow in hand, knocked with a blunted arrow to avoid lethality or severe injury. His quarry was in the house he was currently watching as the sun set behind him. He had prepared for this for a week, he could not fail now.

Myrcella was preparing to call it a night. As per her usual routine, she had to give her golden stallion Akhal his bedtime treat and a brushing. It was a quite bonding time that they both enjoyed.

With an apple in hand, she exited the house and made her way towards the stables. The sunset itself was beautiful. If only she could paint it. But the colours often changed so quickly that her brush strokes could never keep up. Perhaps one day she'll be quick enough.

His breathing slowed, his vision narrowed. He drew back, inhale, exhale, release. The blunt arrow flew swiftly towards its target. His aim put the arrow to her temple, the arrow itself was knocked upward by the violent collision with her temple, she would be knocked unconscious, or at least dazed enough to be quietly subdued.

He dashed from the bushes. If she were to be struck unconscious, he would quickly bind her hands behind her and wrap a cloth around her mouth to keep her silent.

If she were only dazed, he would get her in a chokehold until she passed out. After this he would do the same thing before dragging her into the bushes.

• Yay
Reactions: Myrcella Bochanan
Myrcella tossed the apple a foot up in the air, catching it soon afterwards while she walked away from the estate, her mind only on her usual routine.

A split second later everything changed. A blunt arrow struck her in the head. Colourful fireworks of light clouded her vision before everything went black and she fell in a heap on the ground. The apple rolled away from her body, coming to a stop at the edge of the grass.

As she lay unconscious, her assailant had the time he needed to secure her wrists and gag her mouth. This was not turning out to be a good evening.

Once her hands were secured at her possible vocal resistance hindered he threw her over his shoulder and carried her into the forest just a short ways away from her house. He took her some distance in and set her down in the temporary bunker he had set up the past few nights. It was simply a dug out crevice in the side of a hill covered up with dug up bushes, their roots set in rucksacks for moving about. He set her inside the cozy but comfortable space, and waited for her to wake before pressing on.

• Yay
Myrcella was having a strange dream. It involved flying. Was she on a dragon? A winged horse? Or something else? Regardless she was moving by other means than her own two feet.

Pain got her to wake; a pain in her head caused by the arrow that struck her. She opened her eyes and discovered darkness. What was worse was that her hands were bound behind her and a cloth was wrapped around her mouth. Panic struck then, washing over her like a cold wave. She cried out for help, not caring that the cloth muffled her voice. At least it was something. She wriggled her wrists, twisting her hands in a bid to free herself from the rope as she sat up, keeping her legs in front so that she could kick anyone that came near.

Azlum strode swiftly through the forest glancing behind him and scanning the area for any soldiers or bounty hunters. Every now and then he would open his mind to check if anyone was around, but since the last village he didn't sense anyone. He hated the forest, ever since that day he couldn't stand being in the forest. But it was the safest place for someone like him.

Not too far, but far enough where his powers couldn't pick up thought, he heard a twig snap. Dawning a illusory cloak, Azlum slowly crept to where the noise was coming from. Soon he came upon a man carrying an unconscious girl to the side of a hill. He opened his mind to hear the thoughts of the man. Of course, he thought to himself, a bounty hunter. He wanted to help the girl escape, but at what cost? What if he gets caught himself? Maybe it would be better to leave it alone, who knows, maybe she deserved it. Azlum decided to watch a bit longer to find out the bounty hunter's objective and to tell if the woman really deserved this.

• Yay
Azlum strode swiftly through the forest glancing behind him and scanning the area for any soldiers or bounty hunters. Every now and then he would open his mind to check if anyone was around, but since the last village he didn't sense anyone. He hated the forest, ever since that day he couldn't stand being in the forest. But it was the safest place for someone like him.

Not too far, but far enough where his powers couldn't pick up thought, he heard a twig snap. Dawning a illusory cloak, Azlum slowly crept to where the noise was coming from. Soon he came upon a man carrying an unconscious girl to the side of a hill. He opened his mind to hear the thoughts of the man. Of course, he thought to himself, a bounty hunter. He wanted to help the girl escape, but at what cost? What if he gets caught himself? Maybe it would be better to leave it alone, who knows, maybe she deserved it. Azlum decided to watch a bit longer to find out the bounty hunter's objective and to tell if the woman really deserved this.

(I'm sorry, but are you supposed to be in this RP? I wasn't told about a third party.)

Myrcella was having a strange dream. It involved flying. Was she on a dragon? A winged horse? Or something else? Regardless she was moving by other means than her own two feet.

Pain got her to wake; a pain in her head caused by the arrow that struck her. She opened her eyes and discovered darkness. What was worse was that her hands were bound behind her and a cloth was wrapped around her mouth. Panic struck then, washing over her like a cold wave. She cried out for help, not caring that the cloth muffled her voice. At least it was something. She wriggled her wrists, twisting her hands in a bid to free herself from the rope as she sat up, keeping her legs in front so that she could kick anyone that came near.

Her movements would earn her a hard smack across the face. "Keep still, and keep silent, or a throbbing head will be the least of your worries."

He spoke in a low, threatening tone. He gripped her shoulder roughly, enough to hurt. If he needed to, he would grip her by the hair to keep her in check.

(I'm sorry, but are you supposed to be in this RP? I wasn't told about a third party.)

(Didn't realize I needed permission, my apologies! I'm new to this so I'm still not entirely sure what I'm doing haha. I'll delete my reply.)

(Didn't realize I needed permission, my apologies! I'm new to this so I'm still not entirely sure what I'm doing haha. I'll delete my reply.)

(I'm new to this too so don't worry about it. And if I came across as rude please forgive me, such was not my intention.)

Myrcella had never been struck before. It caught her by surprise. The pain on her cheek, coupled by his iron grip on her shoulders got her to stop shouting and moving altogether.

This man meant business.

She had never been in danger before, had never really been out from the safety of her family's lands. And now the harsh reality of the real world enveloped her.

What did he want? Who was he? Who did he work for? Why was he doing this? Myrcella had a million questions going through in her mind. But she couldn't ask any of them at this moment. The stinging sensation of her cheek was enough to remind her of that. So instead she just remained silent and still while her heart pounded against her chest.

Myrcella had never been struck before. It caught her by surprise. The pain on her cheek, coupled by his iron grip on her shoulders got her to stop shouting and moving altogether.

This man meant business.

She had never been in danger before, had never really been out from the safety of her family's lands. And now the harsh reality of the real world enveloped her.

What did he want? Who was he? Who did he work for? Why was he doing this? Myrcella had a million questions going through in her mind. But she couldn't ask any of them at this moment. The stinging sensation of her cheek was enough to remind her of that. So instead she just remained silent and still while her heart pounded against her chest.

Udalof did indeed mean business. That's all it was to him, business. As a mercenary, he did things either because he was paid to, or it was personal. This was not a personal matter, so he was paid.

A week and a half ago, a man in a hood came to him carrying an envelope and a bag of coin. The letter detailed his mission, and the bag was half of the promised pay, the other half he would get when she was delivered.

He kept her still for roughly half an hour, making sure that nobody followed him. Then he moved the false bushes and pulled her to her feet. He pushed her along by the arm. He did this until the sun rose in the east, that was when he pushed her to the ground.

"I will remove your blindfold and gag. If you scream, or call for help, it will not end well for you."

So he pulled the blindfold and gag off of her face.

Myrcella was not used to walking so much. Especially over night when she's normally in bed asleep. That was where she wished she was now. But instead she was being pulled along by her kidnapper. That was what Udalof was to her. She didn't know anything else at the moment other than the fact that he was mean.

Finally it came to an end. For this part anyways. Myrcella was pushed to the ground and with her hands bound behind her back, she didn't get to catch herself very much, so she took a tumble. As she sat up he finally spoke and took the cloth from her face.

Now what?

She looked up at him, silent for a moment before she quietly spoke. "I'm tired. My feet and legs ache. I'm thirsty and hungry too. I think that you've made some mistake. I haven't done anything to anyone to warrant this."

"I don't care what you have or haven't done. That business is no concern of mine. What I care about is that my employers want you brought to them alive. So that's what I'm going to do. We rest here for an hour, then we keep going."

He stood up and walked over to where he had set his satchel down. Inside were dried rations and a waterskin. He tossed the dried food into her lap and set the waterskin next to her.

"There's your food and water."

Myrcella furrowed her brows. "Why me? Who are they? How much did they pay you? I'm sure that my parents would pay you more to take me home." It was a fair guess that that's what they would do. They haven't chosen to marry her off yet. That could be partly because they'd miss her too much.

She looked down to the food and then to the waterskin. Her hands were still tied behind her back. "Are you going to feed me? Or untie my hands and let me do it myself?" An hour wasn't long to rest. It might feel like long, but she was used to getting a good, long sleep at night.

He got behind her, but before untying her bonds he let the blade of his dagger glide across the side of her neck without cutting her. "If you try anything, I promise you that you will be wishing for death by the time I complete my assignment."

So her undid her ropes and let her hands free, ready to respond in case she attempted to flee or fight.

Her body stiffened as the blade touched her neck. Would he really cut her? Were his threats real? The mark left on her cheek from his hard smack suggested as much. So for now she told herself to comply to his orders. She didn't even get the answers to her questions, but maybe in time she would.

Myrcella rubbed her wrists and then took hold of the waterskin, having a large gulp of it before she started on the rations. "Thank you..."

"Don't thank me for this." He says bluntly. "I'm doing this for money, otherwise you would be nothing to me. Start eating, the sooner you digest it the better, I'm not waiting for you to be ready to move. Whether or not you are ready, we move in an hour."

"I told you that my parents could probably pay you more than whoever your employers are. Why won't you listen to me?" She took a bite of the rations and then began pulling her boots off so that she could rub her aching feet. "And don't think that they won't notice that I am gone." They were on foot, while her family had horses. Surely they'd be able to catch up. No doubt the house staff would start to notice that she wasn't in bed.

"No, they'd take you back and get some of the lawmen that they've pocketed. And as for them knowing of your absence, I'm prepared for every contingency."

His contingency plan was simple, butcher anyone who followed them and leave their heads hanging from trees. It was a barbaric method but effective, very effective.

Myrcella furrowed her brows as she took another bite of rations before continuing to massage her feet. She wasn't liking what she was hearing. This whole situation was awful. Right now she'd give anything just to be home.

"How do you know that you have kidnapped the right person? Who hired you? And who are you, anyways?" These were just some of the questions that she pondered. Only some.

"I know because I have information about your habits. Your daily ride and scrubbing your horse every evening. As for who hired me, you will find out before too long."

He intentionally left out his name, he didn't want her to use it. The use of names breeds familiarity, familiarity breeds softness, softness got you killed.

Myrcella frowned slightly. Whoever hired him had to be someone that knew her family. How else would they know of such details? Was it someone that they trusted?

Suddenly she didn't feel hungry anymore. She took another sip of water and then put the waterskin and rations aside, before putting her boots back on.

"Do you know what they are planning to do with me?"