Private Tales Tarnished Silver

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Confused and alarmed was the best way to describe the orc in the moments between the entrance of Blackwall and his clawed hand reaching towards her.

Condition?

Pern made a face, caught between a scowl and a rare moment of agitation, "Fine," she grunted, pushing herself up to her feet on her own. She hadn't made a show of declining his help, but the orc had more reason than most in Elbion to place her trust in herself and herself alone.

"I'm fine," well, she'd be fine. Maybe. Her arm hurt quite a bit and she'd lost all feeling in her hand. Pern numbly curled the afflicted fingers into a loose fist and cradled it at her middle, "Hish father ish ill," she said, "he meansh to return to Myshtmarsh." But it seemed he didn't actually want to go. She failed to mention his insistent invitation for her company home - it was a subject she felt she'd answered well enough already.

• Yay
Reactions: Kaelen Silverblood
Kaelen just sat with his head in his hands. Silently he prayed to the Storm God. Internally he prayed as well. He needed his weakness destroyed so that new strength could return to him. It was the way of the god he had chosen to serve after all. Magic ran too thick in the silver blood and too divine its root were set. He had always known his fate was not his own, but he was beginning to question as he prayed in who's hands it laid.

Blackwall listened to Pern as he kept one ear on his commander. Silence meant prayer. As massive and as quickly as the storm had been summoned up above the silvery haired human would be at it for some time. How he remained conscious as well was a mystery. Magic is a double edged sword. Too many a battle mage would lose their lives to forgetting one of the laws and their life would be consumed as payment. The amount of willpower and stamina his commander must possess for the powers he only released at these rare times was beyond the aging wolf's knowledge.

The orcess said she was fine, but the way she held her hand and arm said she was not. The little movements of her body spoke of what her words did not. The scent in the air gave him an idea as well, but now was not the time to press. It was confusing however when she told him that all of this was over Kaelen learning his father was ill. Why would such news effect the human so much? There was no love between the father and son of the house they served. Everyone in the company knew that. And returning to Mystmarch while he had such important duties ordered by the High King and council of Nobles directly was as unfathomable.

"This news makes no sense. Why would the commander leave if his father is ill? People get ill often. The letters of those who can read and write mention as much. None of them leave their posts and forsake their duties." Blackwall said with a deep frown. His ears twitched in annoyance as he tried to puzzle out this riddle. "The commander would never do such a thing for his father either. I was not even aware they exchanged letters. His brothers and mother perhaps, but not his father."

The frown on her face only deepened, saffron eyes glancing between the wolfkin and the armored man with uncertainty.

"It sheemed fatal," she said carefully, "the illnessh. Either way, I am not the one to ashk - thish..." she gestured to Kaelen currently in the throes of his religious ministrations to calm the fury within, "ish not my bushiness. Thish-" another gesture to the roof over her head, "ish. I musht kindly ashk for you both to leave."

The orcess straightened her stance, finding resolve in knowing her place in all this. It was here, in Elbion, with her father who took her in and raised her, and the Master who took a chance on teaching her his trade.

"I musht closhe the shop and get home to my own father."

Kaelen Silverblood

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Kaelen Silverblood
Blackwall's face formed what might be a frown. It was hard to say with beast folk what the little movements of their faces meant. The black wolf just listened to Pern explain the situation. A fatal illness would be cause for alarm. The Silverblood family had a unique tradition for the succession of their house revolving around his commander's unique heretical trait. Between the differences in his relationship between his father and brother it might explain the situation.

With them being asked to leave, Blackwall glanced over at Kaelen. The silvery human was still praying to the Storm God. His attention went back to the orcess. "House succession. Explains this." His ears twitched again out of irritation. All of this had to be happening now. "Thank you for your aid Master Pern. I will see my commander out so you can get to your work."

A fist went over the wolf's heart then followed by a bow. Blackwall knew his commander enjoyed this one's company, although he did often get attached early to others. His brothers and sisters in arms were too aware of this yet also grateful. It was the only reason their kind was so able to excel by their merit instead. He went over and placed a hand on his commander's shoulder. The human flinched from being lost in his own activity for so long. The wolf had to help him to his feet and let his weight lean on him.

As the pair was heading out the door, Kaelen stopped Blackwall and turned to face Pern. He said in a voice devoid of energy yet filled with sincerity, "Sorry for all of this. Give your father my appreciation. He is a good man and raised a wonderful daughter."