Private Tales Take it to the old perry pear

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The stranger followed, bending over a bit to take a whiff of the various herbs that were spread across the stalls. Taken together as a whole, they all had quite a beautiful aroma.
"Hm...fascinating that the town would import somthing so...selective...herbs...is there really a market for such a things around here?"

»Well, rarely, « Ermengarde spoke.

»But these are local!« The old lady behind the stall waved her walking cane. Her voice seemed rather proud. She looked rather ragged and wore a sky blue dress with an apron and her gray-white hair was tied into and she only had three teeth left in her mouth.

"I see...quite an impressive feat then...I assume the process must not be easy, given that this is not it's natural climate." The stranger nodded, as he examined the herbs closely, rubbing his chin with his free hand... his eyes still hidden under his hat until he raised his head to look at the elderly merchant. "If you may, madame, how much are you willing to part with a sample of these herbs?"

• Yay
Reactions: Ermengarde
»A denar per bushle,« the old woman spoke out, standing up and putting her weight on her walking cane. She seemed rather elevated after the compliments.
»What herbs do you fancy my dear?«

"Certainly seems fair to me." The stranger nodded with a polite smile, as he placed a hand on his frontal knapsack, before turning to the women right next to him. "And what about you? Anything you would fancy today? It'll be my treat..."

The older lady began to unpack some cloth and strings to packet the chosen herbs.

»Oh... « Ermengarde seemed a bit startled, though her facade was much too calm to hint at it too strongly.
»... «
»Some chamomile please, and thank you,« she nodded, quite a generic herb, but useful nonetheless.

»And what does the lad want?« The old lady inquired as she packed up the chamomile.

"Ah, I'd think may give this...home grown hibiscus, a try...though, you would understand if I don't take an entire bushel...it would be far too much for a traveling individual such as myself to carry..." The stranger said, as he reached into his frontal satchel to grab somthing out of it. "...although, do keep change, as well as the rest of the herbs for yourself...these kinds of things are good for the body and mind, after all..."

»What a generous young man,« spoke the elder as she seperated out some dried hibiscus leaves and packaged them into the cloth piece and tying it up with a ribbon knot.

Ermengarde only oh so slightly smiled at the exchange.