Something was born!

Light

Hi hi, my name is Light and I'm new here! I have a few questions considering the type of character I had in mind.

1. Are there things I can not do when creating my character considering the way they were brought into this world?
2. Do I have to keep the species list in mind specifically?
3. What is the "magic energy" called that flows through this world?

Please read the following before answering my questions if you wouldn't mind:

My character will be called Lumina, at first sight one would simply think of her as a floating orb of light or magic energy. If she decides to show any other form to someone it will usually be in the form of a young adult female. If not the one you see in my profile picture then it will be a female with blonde hair.
While in her orb form Lumina can do basically nothing except for defending herself with runic defence magic, the more she uses this magic the weaker she gets.
While in her human form Lumina can use magic that connects to the earth, meaning she can control stuff like plants and even throw large sized boulders from the ground at her enemy, she can also use light magic such as healing spells. The more magic she uses the more exhausted she becomes, eventually returning to her orb form which would already be pretty weak because of the large amount of magic used.
At that time she can do nothing but trying to run.

Please let me know what you think and help me with the questions if you can! :D

Hi Light, welcome to Chronicles!

We're generally pretty casual about letting folks create on the forum and we highly encourage new races, locations, etc. You'll want to familiarize yourself with our setting and our rules before you dive in, these explain a lot of things. The "Getting Started" dropdown at the top of the forum is the best place to go first.

To answer your questions specifically:

1. Are there things I can not do when creating my character considering the way they were brought into this world?
I will need more context here to give you a clear answer. Feel free to send me a DM with your idea if you like or hit me up in the Chronicles discord.

Nope! You can create new species - just write the information for your character in her bio for now before making any official species wiki entry. All wiki articles require In-Character threads that showcase the subject of the article in-use first (character bios are the exception to this rule).

3. What is the "magic energy" called that flows through this world?
We do not have one singular word for it as Arethil is VERY big with many cultures and kingdoms and races. Each one might have their own word or name for it, though if you're looking for a simple traditional term you can use "mana" without fail.

Hi Light, welcome to Chronicles!

Were generally pretty casual about letting folks create on the forum and we highly encourage new races, locations, etc. Youll want to familiarize yourself with our setting and our rules before you dive in, these explain a lot of things. The Getting Started dropdown at the top of the forum is the best place to go first.

To answer your questions specifically:

I will need more context here to give you a clear answer. Feel free to send me a DM with your idea if you like or hit me up in the Chronicles discord.

Nope! You can create new species - just write the information for your character in her bio for now before making any official species wiki entry. All wiki articles require In-Character threads that showcase the subject of the article in-use first (character bios are the exception to this rule).

3. What is the magic energy called that flows through this world?
We do not have one singular word for it as Arethil is VERY big with many cultures and kingdoms and races. Each one might have their own word or name for it, though if youre looking for a simple traditional term you can use mana without fail.
Okay I will look through the Getting Started dropdown, as for the first question. I had the idea Lumina was a Aspect of Light born into the world after a great battle occured, I'm sure there's been 1 or 2 of those where massive amounts of mana were used during the fight/war.

She can choose to show herself to others in her human form or her actual human shaped form which you can see in my profile picture.

That's basically my idea for her.

• Yay
Reactions: Velaeri
Alright everyone! After some time and melting my brain with brainstorming Lumina was born!

If anyone thinks they are compatible with my character please hit me up! I love adventureous stories and can't wait to get started on something.

-
Light