Dismiss Notice
There are tales of ghouls and the dead rising along the Eastern Allir Reaches. The Templar chapter based of Allria has gone to investigate the matter... and perhaps bring to an end to whoever is at the root of this evil...

Interested? Find out more here.

OOC:
A necromancer seems to be ravaging the Eastern Allir Reaches(near the spine). Some of the Templars are trying to stop him/her. Feel free to join in as a survivor, a passerby, maybe the necromancers servant!

Tales Something Amiss

Discussion in 'The Chronicles' started by Kaska, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Kaska frowned and shook her head. "No. I will not leave you with fewer numbers. I will be safe enough on my own. Where are these caves, show me now." She didn't look at the others, her mind already set to her task, making her brisk and borderline cold.

Lia likes this.
  2. Lia

Lia Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Take one." Lia said, clearly not looking for any argument on the subject. "Not Thier."

It wasn't that she didn't trust Kaska with the boy at her side, she knew that her friend wouldn't be fucking this up, but no one else could wield the claymore. The arrows she could give to Sarah, but that sword? That sword needed someone big enough to actually use it.

Without waiting for Kaska to argue her point, she stood up and motioned towards the others to follow.

The walk towards the cave took them back the way they had originally come from, cutting through the forest until they reached a set of cliffs near the river. Sarah went down first of course, finding a safe path to a set of three caverns that had been naturally dug into the stone. "Here."

Lia said as they found the entrance to the largest cavern.

Kaska likes this.
  3. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Kaska glanced around them, trying to take careful note of the land markings so she could find the location again when she returned. She glanced up, at the state of the lowering sun, and let out her breath with a puff of air.

"If we do not stop along the river to camp, it shoulder only take a week to return. But... It will alert any that are watching out for us." She paced for a moment, stressed.

"Though, " she mused. "That might just draw their attention to me. Give you breathing room." She turned back to Lia, concern pinched in her eyes. "This could take me three weeks. Are you sure you can remain so close to him without getting into trouble?"

Lia likes this.
  4. Lia

Lia Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She nodded slowly. "We'll stick to the caverns mostly, go out hunting in pairs."

They wouldn't have the supplies to survive out here if they didn't go hunting, plus they needed to keep an eye on just what the Lich was actually up to.

Three weeks as a long time to wait, and she was half afraid the creature would go somewhere in the meantime. He did not have an army yet, but certainly enough men to sack a village or two. It would help if they knew what this was all about, the letter had been brief, depressingly so.

"The letter told them to stay put for now." She said quietly. "But that might change quickly."

Her lips tightened. "Try to be faster."

It was an impossible task, one couldn't suddenly force the winds to blow harder, but Lia needed them to.

Kaska likes this.
  5. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I'll try my best," she swore, handing off her stash of dried meat. There was more on the boat. "As long as those bastard Templars don't delay."

She hesitated, half turned to leave just like that.

"Philp." She chose the most unassuming of them all. A mossy man, practically still a recruit. Quiet enough to not bother her. And no real help to Lia if something like a Lich came through.

She looked to Lia, eyes hard, then nodded and turned to leave.

Saul Talith likes this.
  6. Lia

Lia Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She nodded at Kaska's choice, and then spoke quietly as they turned to leave. "Good Luck."

There was not much more to be said.

All that she could hope was that Kaska's journey would be a swift one. There was no telling if it would be, no telling if they would make it back before the Lich received new Orders from whomever was moving the pieces around...but Lia hoped so. They needed to kill this thing.

Even if it was only a small piece of a larger plan.

It was still a piece.

She frowned for a second, watching as Kaska left, then slowly tuned towards the others who were standing behind her. They watched their Sergeant quietly, expectantly.

"Get a fire going, set up tents in the caverns." She looked over her shoulder. "We're gonna be here a while."
    [​IMG]

Kaska likes this.
  7. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Kaska's return to Alliria was a wet one, storms having giving her a good soaking through on more than one occasion throughout the night. It both slowed her down and sped her up, in the end she still arrived on the 7th day, her shoes sloshing and her hair frizzy around her head like a halo.

And that was the state she stood in as she stood at the Alliria Templar holdings, tapping her foot as she waiting for this commander Tal to receive her summons.

Of course that had earned an odd look as the man left to fetch Commander Tal, of which she had glared right back at. Seriously, with their attitude already.

Saul Talith likes this.
  8. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ranger? Saul thought to himself wondering as he quickly fell into stride beside Owinn.

The lad seemed to beg somewhat excited, though why he had absolutely no idea. It wasn't like Rangers were all that uncommon in Alliria, and it wasn't even all that rare for them to come to the Compound. Though their Orders had issues, sometimes advice was asked.

Other times there was arguing, but still it was never really that big of a deal.

Of course, as Saul grabbed the handle to the doorway and pulled it open, he understood. A glance was cast at Owinn for just a moment, his head shaking as he saw the half mess of a beautiful woman that was standing in front of him. The exasperation was more than clear on her face, though why he had no idea.

"You've asked for me." Saul launched right into it, no point in beating around the bush. "Why?"

Kaska likes this.
  9. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Kaska huffed, crossing her arms and kicking her weight to one hip. She looked miserable and uncomfortable, but she made no comment to it, glancing around with an edgy air before insisting, "In private. If you don't mind."

She didn't know much about Templar Holdings, but the small waiting room towards the front of the main building could very well have ear holes and spy spots that she frankly didn't want to risk.

Lia said to go to Tal. It would be only Tal she would trust.

Saul Talith likes this.
  10. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Saul raised an eyebrow at the woman for just a few moments, lips thinning at the demand.

This was why he hated Rangers. Just because they had funding and were a little bit bigger they thought they owned the world. Arrogant fools. She'd probably come here to tell him about how one of his men had groped her in a tavern or something like that. "Owinn."

The Commander said in a tight voice.

"Go stare at girls somewhere else." The lad let out a laugh, casting a glance towards Kaska for just a moment before he clapped Saul on the shoulder and headed out of the door. "The room is more than secure, Templar don't spy."

He sounded somewhat exasperated already. "Now what is it?"

Kaska likes this.
  11. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She gave him a hard look up and down, taking him in before stubbornly verifying. "You're Commander Tal?"

Saul Talith likes this.
  12. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Talith." He said dryly.

Did these fools not know anything?

"Commander Saul Talith." Perhaps she would expect him to show her the birthmark on his ass to properly identify him, he wouldn't put it past these fools. "Commander of the Legions of the Broken Sword and First Guard to the Lord Captain."

He waved his hand dismissively, as if listing the titles was more annoying that anything. "Now what do you want?"

Kaska likes this.
  13. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She gritted her teeth, thinking on Lia's safety as she forced herself. To. Play. Nice.

She dropped her arms and huffed, the next words harder to say than she would have thought. "We need your help." She hesitated on the next words, speaking vaguely. "There's a lich. With an army. And for reasons you're just going to have to trust, I cannot get back up from my own. We a need a Templar before this becomes everyone's problem."

She looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to jump to.

Please.

Oh god please jump to.

Saul Talith likes this.
  14. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    A lich?

He frowned for a few seconds. There had been no talk of a lich, no reports of villages slaughtered, caravans taken...nothing. He frowned for a moment, looking at the girl with more than a little bit of doubt. "What kind of an army?"

It wasn't that he didn't believe her...the mixture of panic and the state of her was almost enough for him to rally the troops right then and there...but he needed to know more. He had authority to take whatever forces they needed, or wanted, but he couldn't go on one line alone.

"Where is it?" This could also be some elaborate Ranger prank.

They did that sometimes.

Kaska likes this.
  15. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She became tight lipped, her nostrils flaring in slight panic. "North," was all she said. "And don't go asking me where North. I'll tell you if you decide to do the right thing and help." She struggled for a moment, then begrudgingly admitted, "This can't get out. Now I won't tell you more unless you commit to the cause, but unless you want to deal with an army of undead descending upon villages too far away for you to save in time, you'll help. Because it's getting there. I guarantee it."

"So. Are you coming?"

Saul Talith likes this.
  16. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Saul drummed his fingers against the side of his thigh. His gauntlet made soft clicks of metal against metal ring out within the empty room.

A lich was dangerous, more dangerous that a horde of Skeleton or a dozen Ghouls. Unlike those a Lich could raise more undead if given the resources, not to mention the powers that it had on it's own. He frowned for a brief second, one more question coming to mind. "Who raised it?"

He doubted she would know.

A lich often came into being through it's own volition. Either a Sorcerer lost control of his magic, the effect was intended, or someone else did the raising. The last was far less common than the other two, if only because a Lich was near enough impossible to control.

Only a powerful mage could do that, or several working together.

Kaska likes this.
  17. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She gave him a deadpan look. "A question I will answer on the boat over. You may not know me, you don't even have to like me. But trust me when I say it's important I keep this to myself." She crossed her arms again, glancing him over.

"Unless you single-handedly want to be responsible for a dozen ranger deaths and deal with those politics breathing down your pretty-little templar neck." She tapped her foot, getting impatient.

Saul Talith likes this.
  18. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Responsible?" He almost laughed at that. "It's not my fault you fools run into situations you neither understand or have the capability of dealing with."

Idiots.

Ranger's thought themselves masters of every problem. They ran around chasing werewolves and monsters, undead and Liches like they had any sort of idea what they were actually dealing with. Fools. They would get themselves killed, and Saul wouldn't even blink.

He didn't care about politics, he didn't care about Rangers, and he most certainly didn't care for this girls attitude. There was no doubt in his mind that they would have left him to die if their roles were reversed. "I don't care about politics, or your friends."

Simple truth. What was a dozen Rangers to him? They always had people lining up to join them.

"But a Lich..." He sighed. "A Lich I cannot let run free."

There was no telling what Havoc that could cause.

Kaska likes this.
  19. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She raised a brow at him.

"Well perhaps if you had been more diligent, we wouldn't have had to fill in for you. It was marching a day's ride from Alliria just four months ago."

Had it really been so long already?

"Him and his army slaughtered a noble in his mansion, or were you unaware of that as well?" She should have been biting her tongue, but she had already been silent for so far. What the hell was his problem, calling them fools. They were picking up his slack.

Saul Talith likes this.
  20. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I was in the west." Saul stated simply, as if that were explanation enough.

In truth, her words grated on him. She was right in a way, at least from how Saul looked at it all. He would absolutely never admit it to her of course, mostly because that would bring shame on the whole of the Order, but he could at least admit it to himself.

If he had a thousand Templar the Lich would not have gone unnoticed, if he had two? The entire Reach would be free of every monster, undead, and mage that would threaten anyone. Yet he did not have the numbers. He didn't even command all the Templar in this compound.

Another thing he would not admit. "Perhaps if you'd come to us earlier your friends would not be in the mess they are in now."

His voice was flat, and he continued quickly before she could respond.

"Wait at the front gates..." He glanced at her for a brief moment, paused, and then corrected himself. "Owinn can show you where to take a bath if you like, it will take an hour before my men are ready to depart."

They would need to gather supplies, otherwise the march itself would kill them.

Kaska likes this.
  21. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Kaska had the grace to nod, relief crumbling through her expression before it was neatly tucked away.

"I have a boat. An hours ride to the west river. But we will have to walk, there's no where to stable and we'll be on foot or boat for the rest of the journey," she informed him briskly.

"I will clean up." And she hoped to gods they had the manners to provide her with a dry set of breeches. It was getting musky down there.

She brushed past him, prepared to end the exchange then and there.

Saul Talith likes this.
  22. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Saul bristled slightly.

Though Templar were more than capable of fighting on foot, most of them preferred to move as cavalry. It was easier to fight the undead while mounted on a horse. Generally speaking they were slow, stupid, and didn't know enough to move before they were torn apart.

His tongue clicked, but finally he nodded his head in ascent and turned to head out the door. Kaska would be lead by Owinn to the women's bath on one side of the compound, and Saul headed to the other.

True to his word it took him only an hour to muster what troops he could.

Most allocations had been made, and although the Compound was not barren...most of their number had been sent out the previous week, save for those serving the other Commanders.

So, all that Saul managed to gather was thirty. All trained, all good soldiers, but only 30.

Kaska likes this.
  23. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Thirty was twenty-nine more than Kaska thought she'd ever be granted. She stepped out with a slight prim look about her, a real sense of relief causing bubbling excitement in her stomach. Thirty men in one week. At this pace, they might arrive in just a week more, and then...

Hang in there, Lia.

She nodded to Saul in acknowledgement, crossing her arms as if she wasn't the least bit impressed by the numbers he had amassed. "Ready then?"

Saul Talith likes this.
  24. Saul Talith

Saul Talith Templar

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Lead us to your boat." Saul said plainly.

Some of the other Templar snickered at Kaska's manner, others stared at her in disapproval. A few Templar took the rivalry between themselves and the Ranger's a tad too seriously, going so far as to cause violence. None of them were among the other twenty nine that he had chosen.

He didn't want anyone fighting the people they were supposed to be rescuing.

"At least we'll have bragging rights."
    Edwin commented slightly as he fell in to the side of Saul, stepping up in full armor and glancing at the Ranger girl for a few seconds. From his body language Saul could tell that he was somewhat unimpressed, but was also polite enough that he wouldn't say anything.

The Commander said nothing, instead simply setting off in march after the Ranger.

Kaska likes this.
  25. Kaska

Kaska Allirian Ranger

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Not rescuing. Assisting. There was a big difference.

Kaska marched them all forward, her shoulders squared and her head held high to all the eyes she knew were on her. Attention was not a new thing to her, positive or negative. She walked forward unhindered by the judgment being leveled behind her. They still did not know her name. Or where she was talking them. And she didn't bother explaining. She pressed them forward with an insistent speed, and by nightfall the sound of water was in their ears, the river and it's boat up ahead.

She nodded in greeting to the old ranger captain, relieved for a familiar face.

She slowed and half turned to Saul, leveling with an authoritative tone, "You have an hour to eat and load. We will sail through the night until mid day. Tell your men to piss in the trees before then, we're not stopping for them." She turned to leave him with that order, intending to load herself onto the boat now.

Saul Talith likes this.