Open Chronicles Service With a Tail

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Simin listened, quietly. Acting as though they were too occupied with other things to avoid seeming like they were paying too much attention. When the attention shifted to them, a rag was extended in A scaly hand, but did not come near the man's face.

Tibble was always a difficult one for Simin. The man despise even having them touch the plate their food was on, and they had to always use a clean tag when bringing the man food or drink. A few times, the etiquette had been forgotten, only for Simin to have a plate knocked out of their hands or ale splashed in their face.

They were careful to not actually touch the man again, now that he was half aware of things.

"A healer has been sent for." Simin informed them, almost in a whisper. "You seem to know medicine, what should this one do?" They asked Salogon, unsure how to move forward.

Salogan looked towards the man, who seemed to be fading in and out of consciousness, before turning towards Simin. The answer, unlike before, was rather simple. He could see the hesitation in their golden eyes, framed by scales that appeared grey in the low light.

"Apply pressure to his wound, it will help facilitate a clot..." He rested his hand on the servers shoulder and smiled meagerly. "It will prolong his life, but it will be quite painful for him."

Such a thing might have been a benefit. But getting the man to sit still was a separate matter. Salogan, of course, would not offer a helping hand. This was a matter for the Pantheon now. "But...you do not have to help him. If you do not apply pressure, the toxins of the liver will enter his body and he will die...quickly."

• Yay
Reactions: Simin Omid
Simin nodded to his words. Touching would hurt the man, but if this one could at least save him, then the group might not have struck back so badly upon learning what had happened. Then Salogan added that they did not have to help, which left their mouth agape toward the other komodo.

"This one would never leave someone without help!" Simin fumed, a little astonished that the other komodo was even suggesting they not help. Hand went to the mans side, and pushed before becoming even pressure. Blood slicked their hands but the pressure never let up.

"Simin, the healer is on their way." The bartenders voice sounded from a small horn in the corner of the room.

• Yay
Reactions: Salogan
Salogan had offended this young Komodo and for that, he was glad. It meant that they weren't quite jaded yet, they still cared. The sort of consideration and passion hadn't been beaten ruthlessly from their scales. Salogan, on the other hand, had the rot and the brands and the scars to provide ample justification. Justification for the spoilage and the sapping of anything that resembled compassion.

He was a tool for the Gods now, but he hardly begrudged those who weren't. His was a path that many couldn't take and shouldn't, lest it diminish the power of his station. These were the stories he told himself to rock an aimless mind to sleep, it was what kept him inclined towards the future.

"You are very kind Simin..." He could see resentment in their eyes. For him, for the man that laid wounded on the ground. It wasn't his intent to insult the server. "I can not share your disposition, but I admire it."

Someday, Simin wouldn't know such compassion. It was inevitable. Looking towards the pipe, Salogan looked unease. He wouldn't help this man, but he could help Simin. "Do you need additional rags?"

• Yay
Simin let the shock diminish, as holding onto the feeling was like holding onto anger. Useless and harmful only to yourself as their mother had explained.

"Simin does not know why, but this one cannot expect everyone to feel as they do." they said quietly, looking to the other komodo.

"Life is different for all, and you likely have your own reasons for such things." Simin replied with a light shrug, the man winced as pressure left and quickly returned. A grimace appeared on their face at the misstep.

"Yes, the bottom drawer of the dresser has towels in it if you could fetch more for this one please." A little panic was present in their voice as they gave direction. Business upstairs continued as usual.

He did have his reasons. And when enough time had passed, Simin would as well. No one persisted in the world without some sort of scar, it was simply a matter of time. And with a nod, he approached the dresser and knelt to one knee. Pulling open the drawer, Salogan pulled out some towels that were clearly dual purposed for blood and bar cleanup. An even spread of red and brown, against the fray of white.

Approaching, he pressed a hand against Simin's shoulder and offered the towels with the other. He considered, for a moment, seeking to comfort them with the concept that it was all meaningless. That survival didn't matter in the long run, that things would play out as they would whether they interfered or not. But his serpent tongue was halted by footsteps coming down the stairs.

Entering with the Cook, a tall figure of pale skin. He was clearly an Elf with silver hair falling loosely to his shoulders. His clothes were tightly fitted but refined, with shoulders and toes that came to a point. In the low light, it could have been forest green or simply black, but Salogan assumed the former.

Standing up straight, Salogan tilted his head as he stepped to the side. It had been quite a spell since he had interacted with an Elf. In fact, his last interaction was one that had taken to dark magics to wrought vengeance on a neighboring dwarf who had taken up a similar trade. The dwarf was evidently far better at baking sweet rolls and for that, the Elf had him vanquished. And Salogan had killed the Elf for it.

"He lives...for now." Salogan said with an air of neutrality.
"Of course he does. Otherwise I would not be here." The Elf's expression was as pointed as his pauldrons, eyes of emerald shifting to the Komodo who was currently tending to the wounded. "Please step aside and allow me to work. While there is still time."

Salogan assumed the man was on commission. Likely only getting paid if Tibble made it out of this.

• Yay
Simin took the towels graciously, trying to wipe up more of the blood from the wound while keeping pressure on the wound. Footsteps alerted the young komodo to someone approaching. Eyes shot to the door as the cook entered with and elf. With the cooks return, and with who they guessed Healer in tow, Simin felt a great deal of relief.

"The kidney has been stabbed, it is poisoning him. This one was putting pressure on the wound." Simin explained quietly, removing their hands and stepping back. The cook sighed and gave a gesture to Simin with his hands that made the komodo wilt.

"Can this one go home?" Simin asked quietly, staring at their hands. The cooks frown lasted only a second before he pointed a thumb to the door.

"Just wash yer' hands before you leave. No blood upstairs." The man sighed, very much ready to be done with this whole situation. "Don't even think about skipping out on work tomorrow." The man added with a bit of bite to his words. It seemed that even though there was a mess, the man wasn't about to cut Simin out of the picture.

• Yay
Salogan wasn't particularly keen with the way the Cook spoke or interacted with Simin. While the young Komodo spoke of their choice to be there, the interaction eerily approached what would be expected between master and slave. The sort of interaction that touched close to home.

"I would enjoy a night cap..." Salogan spoke quietly before Simin could leave. Solemn expression moved from the Elf, who seemed disgusted by the response before moving to lay hands on Tibble, to the cook.

"And to be shown to my room. It has been...a day." One made overly complex by the circumstances surrounding Tibble and this healer. And while he couldn't kick the feeling that he had seen this Elf before, Salogan seemed fairly certain that he did not like the man. Or the way he turned up his nose towards the Komodi.

"Would you mind helping me?" He stated softly to the other Komodo, looking back towards the cook. "Assuming that is okay?"

• Yay
The cook looked to Salogan and nodded. Simin left with haste after washing their hands and led the other komodo further up than the main floor. The door leading to the cellar slid shut behind them and Simin gave a gusty sigh.

"Do not mind Ferral. He has drunk enough to be unkind. The man is troubled, but he is nice...at times." Simin had not seen Salogan react to the cook, but it was rather the terse tone and gruff attitude that they were trying to excuse.

"He taught this one to defend themselves a little. Not all bad. Not like Koda though, the bartender. He is quite kind." Simin explained while leading them up to the second floor. A quick stop had them opening a side door that was little more than a closet.

Retrieving a night cap, they handed the item to Salogan and closed the door.

"This one is sure everything will be fine. That elf was new to this one though, not one Simin has seen before." They spoke the last words quietly, beginning to lead the way again.

"It is usually a human man that comes here, lucky that one was so close though." Simin shrugged, dismissing the thoughts.

• Yay
"I did not mind." He replied to the comment, regarding the cook, rather stoically. While he reserved judgments continually, it was a difficult thing to see the Komodo upset or distraught. And offending him, that was a separate matter entirely.

Acquiring the small serving of alcohol, Salogan smelled notes of honey and licorice. A brandy, it would serve nicely in helping him find his sleep.

"I'm sure everything will be fine, as well..." He admitted though likely found comfort from a different lens. Everything would be fine because Tribble was inconsequential except in the divinity of the Pantheon. Salogan appraised little value in the continuation of his life.

Taking a sip from the small goblet, Salogan contemplated amidst the sound of boards creaking beneath them. "The elf species is quite capable with magic...though I am curious how a cook and bartender taught you to defend yourself." He could tell by the way the crew carried themselves that they were all capable in their own ways. But he'd enjoy the prospect of specifics.

• Yay
Simin gave a small nod at the answer, content with letting the matter go. He acknowledged the other issue before going on to asking how a cook and bartender taught them defense.

"Simin does not know all of their story, but this one knows they where sell swords. They taught Simin how to hold and use a dagger, but they are more skilled than just that." Simin cheerfully explained, continuing down the hall.

"Ferral likes the crossbow and sword. Koda likes a thin blade, for jabbing. A rapier." The last word was sounded out, as if it was new or foreign. "It does not look dangerous, but he is very skilled with it. He showed me on a dummy wearing armor."

Simin seemed excited at the last bit, eyes bright as they thought on the demonstration.

"It was so strange, seeing it used. Simin could never use something like that." The komodo added with a sigh.

A dagger. It was his preferred weapon, one that could be concealed and worked nicely in narrow corridors. The sort of weapon that favored his style of fighting, which leaned more closely to repetitious assassinations.

Of course, he had very little use for a rapier, crossbow, or sword. But he smiled when Simin spelled it out. "Rapier is correct." It was hard not to be impacted by their excitement, if not to simply find it refreshing in a conversation. Given his somber predisposition, it was a thing he was somewhat unaccustomed to.

"And why could you not use it?" Hairless eyebrow lifted in curiosity. While he had never favored that sort of weapon, he saw no reason that Simin couldn't find use in it. In his opinion, it was important to be well versed in many forms of weaponry - desperate times could call for all forms of concession.

Taking another sip from the goblet, he watched the Komodo with unrepentant interest. "Has someone told you that it would not be suitable?"

• Yay
Simin turned their head only to address the question, noting the raised brow.

"Simin is not graceful enough. Maybe after this one goes through their rite, and lives a bit longer, they might be though." Simin shrugged. Even in their own mind, Simin viewed themself as a child, or at most a young adult. But confidence had yet to come forward in the komodo. The second question received a dismissing wave.

"No no no. Simin is just, well, Simin. This one has not lived long or traveled far like others have. They do not need to learn to fight. This one prefers peace." Simin answered with a small smile to the other komodo. "Simin does not like hurting others, or others being hurt of they can help it."

• Yay
Salogan responded with a quiet smirk, understanding now. Self imposed limitations were as dangerous, if not more so, as outward critiques. There lied impossibilities in life but one could overcome much with practice and persistence.

"Peace is always preferable...but not always possible." He replied solemnly, quietly implying the importance of preparation. He had realized Simin was young from the very start. But he had not realized the Komodo would it hold against themself in such a way. He wondered if that was an artifact of their upbringing or simply the way they were.

"Most assume I am capable with large weapons. Broadswords and things like that, because of my size..." He was, by no means, sizeable compared to Orcs or Nords. But he had some mass to him. Shrugging, he looked towards the young Komodo. "But I leaned at an early age that one uses what they have at their disposal. It behooves them to be capable in many ways."

• Yay
"Simin knows peace is not always possible, and it saddens this one when it comes to such things." Simin quietly muttered in response. Their right hand came up at waist height, the young komodo examining it before letting it drop back to their side. "Peace is what this one's family wants with others, so Simin tries, but has not always been kind."

This one knew well enough peace was not always an option. Some did not deserve the peace of being left to their own. Some, Simin had followed, and brought to an end. If only to bring solace those that had been harmed.

"This one is surprised you are so capable, but also not. You seem to have travelled a lot, so this one guesses you are quite skilled." Simin offered as they gave the older komodo a questioning look. A wordless question in their eyes that could easily be pushed aside.

• Yay
Sadness was an appropriate response to the tragic truth of the world. In every way that Salogan could perceive it, it was a matter of grief. His eyes drifted to Simins hand as they inspected it, as if something was there to help explain the circumstance.

He thought he spied specks of blood beneath their nails. "You can only do your best..." He paused at their comment, wondering what capable meant in their eyes. For Salogan, it meant that there were precious few who could avoid their fate when the proper parameters were met.

He was quite the capable planner.

"I..." His lips thinned as he tugged at the corner, golden eyes drifting towards the wooden beams above. "Your guess would be accurate. I go to great lengths to not appear imposing..."

"What makes you think that I am skilled beyond my mercantile craft?" He recalled mentioning being a merchant, though his trade remained vague. It wasn't a lie, it was simply a twisting of words.

• Yay
Simin smiled, which did not hint at the words they were about to use. "You knew the wound, knew what to do. You must also be a healer of some kind, aside from a merchant." Their perception of the knowledge did not jump to that of ill intent, rather of helping.

"A merchant of medicines perhaps, and a seller of sword?" Simin added, noting the talk of weapons.

• Yay
Interesting observations coupled with even more interesting guesses. He considered himself a healer but more from the twisted perspective of spirituality, a ferry man from the physical to the spiritual.

He had stolen weapons before but he had never known the luxury of selling them. Unless this was an odd way of implying that he was a sell-sword.

"You're very perceptive, Simin. But we Komodo are rumored for disease and absent the grace of magic. It would be a desperate wound that called for our expertise..." He tipped back the goblet, finishing off the Brandy. Approaching with delicate steps, he proferred it for Simin to take.

"And I have never sold a sword, either through commerce or for services. My abilities cling closer to the shadows, to the ideas of justice."

• Yay
Simin scratched their head, there was a compliment tied into the words he spoke. He didn't deny being a healer, but made it clear that it would be a desperate situation to ask a komodo to tend to the wounded. The last words produced a small smile from Simin, beginning to understand a little of what Salogan was hinting at.

"To fix what eyes turn away from and ignore?" Simin gave a small hint that they understood what the komodo was saying. They took the goblet back, their hand nervously running along the goblet.

• Yay
He offered a warm smile in return, coupling his hands at the center of his waist. "Yes. Many people vanish from this world and are thought to be forgotten. Because those who stole them away have money or influence to make it so."

His head tilted as he watched Simin fiddling with the goblet. "But some things can not be forgotten, some things can not be ignored."

He pointed to the door as they stood in the hall, nothing but their voices and the sound of dishes being cleaned to fill the air. His gaze unwavering as he watched Simin, wading through the complexities that was their profession.

"Is this my room?"

• Yay
Simin nodded. "Somethings can never be forgotten."

"This is your room. You remember the way back down? If you should need food or drink, just ask Koda or this one." Simin spoke quietly.

• Yay
The door creaked open, revealing the faint light of a candle within the small room. It was hardly more than a closet but Salogan took it for cozy instead of small.

The room felt more like a shortened hallway, being narrow and coming to an end at a large window with a wooden crossbeam. With a lofted ceiling that came to a triangular point, the room was adorned with a single bed, a small table, and a blemished vanity with an empty wash basin.

It was a humble offering and exactly what he was looking for. The bed appeared to be made of feather, trapped within an envelope of hide that peeked out beneath a thick covering of wool. There was a pillow and a blanket, he could not ask for much more.

Stepping into the room, he approached the window. Beyond the faint reflection of his image in the glass, he peered out to a horizon split down the middle. On the left, fields that led back the way he came. And to the right, a steep drop off to the rocky cliff below. All of it was washed in the white light of Lessat, giving little definition and even less depth.

"I will be going to Elbion tomorrow...I do not know if I will come back here." He hovered a hand over the frosted glass, shielding the light of the slow burning candle. "But I have enjoyed our conversations...Thank you, Simin."

• Yay
Salogan entered, and while Simin was quite used to seeing the rooms, it seemed the other komodo was taking it all in for detail. Which in turn made Simin examine the room from the hallway as best they could. When he spoke, a small but warm smile appeared.

"This one wishes you luck then. I have enjoyed them as well. You are most welcome to return and have more if you should be this way again." Simin replied quietly. "Good night Salogan."

• Yay
Slumber came easy on the whims of brandy and hopeful thoughts for a new day. The sun crept over the eastern horizon, tugging the Komodo's eyes open as he slept soundly on the feather filled mattress. Stretching and placing two feet on the floor, he got up to wash his face and prepare for the day.

Coming down the stairs with everything he owned, Salogan appeared in the open air of the tavern below. A few men were sleeping with their heads on the tables, having favored alcohol into the early hours over the expense of a single room. Salogan had on him his possessions, a good deal of coin, a satchel for various belongings, and plans for the day; a certain tavern in downtown Elbion and a man with a scar.

Approaching the bar, Salogan pointed his piercing gaze towards the innkeeper. The sound of dishes clinking filled the air and the man was busying himself with lighting the various candles within the darkly lit establishment. The air was cold, brisk from the morning dew, and the low heat from these flames would make for a welcomed reprieve.

"Could I break my fast here?" He asked quietly, placing a few coins on the wooden counter. "Bread will do, with oil. But eggs would be appreciated."

The man seemed tired, which wasn't surprising given how the night went prior to retiring. Salogan silently wondered towards the fate of Tibble.

• Yay
Simin had gone home shortly after Salogan had entered his room. Their family greeted them with surprise, but did not ask questions about their early arrival home. The night was spent quietly, and far more pleasantly than it would have gone at the tavern. After their meal, they had all gone about their own pleasures.

In the morning, Simin arrived to see Salogan at the bar, and Koda was busy lighting the candles, while Ferral mumbled and muttered in the kitchen, trying to carefully clean dishes to avoid making his hangover any worse.

Koda nodded to the komodo, and only just spotted Simin as he smiled. "Simin, if you would please inform the cook he has an order. Bread with oil and a side of eggs." Simin nodded and made for the kitchen, peeking in at the man before disappearing into the room. Murmured conversation before Simin came out once more.

"He will be cooking it shortly. How was your sleep?" Simin informed Salogan happily.

• Yay