Fable - Ask Secrets of the Traveler

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Ashieron

Dragon Keeper Founder/“Leader”
Character Biography
Link
Evening time was always a nice time for Ash, particularly in the tropical Sheketh Isles. The nice and cool sea breeze coupled with the scent of the ocean was actually quite nice. Though he did miss the cold and brisk smell of the Spine, as well as its bitter cold. But that was mild compared to the safety they had now.

After arriving at the Isles and settling down after securing themselves a few islands Ash and a few of the other remaining dragon keepers used a portal stone and over the course of about a week they transfer the smaller folk and items. The larger folk and items were carried to the Isles by those that could not use the portal stones, which took a while longer but they all got to their new home safely. Which was the best outcome in Ash's eyes.

From there they began to rebuild from inside the mountain out. So far the mountain city's stone and magical walls were being built with magic, it was a slow start but it was finally coming together quickly and people started to move in. Ash couldn't be happier, particularly since a few of the more artistic keepers and citizens built their own little sculptures to decorate the new keep even more.

Still, there was no time to dwell on the past and upcoming project, the elf had a meeting to get to. One which was going to be most peculiar indeed.

Stepping down the stone steps into the sort of judging hall that they had built from the mountain's resources the trees around the area Ash looks out over the little hall that could house many people when it came time to cast a vote as to what the people wanted. Particularly if there was a crime involved. There was no throne, no place that stood out for the leader to sit. It was equal in every way in terms of looks and austenitic. Carvings of dragons and people lined the walls and ceilings, and rugs ran under the tables and chairs. On the right wall, there was a huge open window that leads to a courtyard where the larger dragons would partake in such discussions laid.

The elf sat down at one of the chairs and waited for the contact to arrive, he had given him specific instructions so then he would not learn of where the entrances and exits of the keep were. Not to mention to make the trip as long as possible as to even elude the traveler from figuring out the exact location. Something which Ash himself meticulously lined with magic to confuse and to make everything seem the same.

• Yay
Reactions: Rob Cooke
This had been quite the trip for Rob. Probably the longest he’s had in a long time. It felt like he had hoofed it across the entire continent.

He followed the instructions sent to
him as well as he could. It was easy enough to figure out that there was plenty of magic being used to make his life more difficult. Still, he’d hate to deny them their security, and even if he dispelled the magic, he was still pretty sure that the instructions would do their job.

Once he arrived, entering the hall, he quickly shot his gaze around. He took a second to inspect the area, standing while holding his box. He would much prefer to take every precaution available.

Once he was satisfied, he turned his gaze to the elf. He studied him up and down as he walked over, sitting down across from him.

“Thanks for meeting with me. As I’m sure you know, I wish for you to take care of something. This is it.” He patted the box, which he had laid in his lap. “I’m willing to pay a considerable sum if necessary, or negotiate some other form of payment.” He carefully studied the elf for his reaction.

Ash chuckles, "My friend we don't value gold here. It is of no use to us, and what money we do get is fed to the hatchlings so they grow strong scales." He would motion to the box in Rob's, "We just want to make sure if what you say is real, then we just want to keep that item out of something like the Empire or the Dreadlord's hands."

The ancient elf gives Rob a tilt of his head, "Though you would know of where it is at... and if people do press you for that information we can't leave you being able to reveal information. Since nothing screams more than "an elf with dragons has it".

Ashieron jumps up onto the table and examines Rob, he had a mask on. No matter, the White Swallow hardly shown his face also, "So I would like the benefit of security, as in you will be magically bound to not speak a word of where and who to you parted this item. Even if people torture you for that information, it will not be able to leave your lips and will be locked deep into your mind."

Ash claps his hands together and starts to pace on the table, "Oh, and some more information on this item. Is it volatile? Does it require certain things to work? What else is it you are willing to tell me? That is all I wish since I hate debts." The elf shrugs, "They kind of ruin the finer things in life sometimes."

Ashieron waits standing on the table as he paced for Rob's answer, it was a simple request after all. One which left no strings for either of them to worry about. And one which left Ash with the knowledge.

• Yay
Rob carefully listened to this elf. He raised some valid concerns. He quickly chipped in “I’d be willing to agree to the spell, although I may eventually bring a couple of people here, using the same instructions of course, and for purely personal reasons to do with the item we are discussing.”

He was then questioned on the various properties of the item. After a moment of internal debate, Rob spoke, “It may simply be easier to show and explain.” He produced a rather impressive key from a pocket, slotting it into the lock of the box. Once the box was opened, he turned it around so it would be easier to inspect.

The first thing that would be likely noticed was the size of the lock and the reinforcing on the sides of the box. Closer inspection of the lock revealed the insignias of many a different lock maker. Ash could no doubt recognize some. Some were old, quite old in fact.

In the middle of it lay a small jeweled necklace. “This necklace here can be imbued with a spell,” Rob suddenly spoke, “The special thing about it is that it greatly magnifies the power of the spell inside of it. Now, what spell it currently has is none of your business, but you understand that it could be problematic for not only be but plenty of people if more questionable parties got a hold of this and replaced the spell currently imbued with something more destructive.” He gingerly picked up the necklace. “Now, as it stands it won’t actively harm anyone here. I doubt it will explode and it should be fine so long as it is kept securely. I’m willing to answer most questions you may ask, should you have any.”

Ash ponders the idea of letting outsiders visit the new Keep, it wasn’t even completed yet. Not to mention the elf was a bit suspicious of outsiders after the Dragon Keeper’s recent events.

“I will consider allowing some of your acquaintances to visit, however they must be willing to go through the same spells. They will still be able to talk about the item in itself, but again not where it is at blah blah blah. Same thing you will be bound to.” He would explain his terms in allowing Rob’s partners visit, “Just as long as you do follow the instructions as well.”

The elf’s ears would twitch a bit as Rob brought out a key of sorts and he turned the box around revealing old insignias and runes, “Been a long time since I have last seen those runes.” Nate points them out with wonder sparkling in his eyes as the necklace was held and Rob explained it. He would need to meditate to see what he could remember of the runes.
Now, what spell it currently has is none of your business

He would listen quietly as Rob explained, “Understandable, since you did say there may be a destructive spell within it. I will treat it as a weapon of destruction, provide and ensure the proper protections of this ancient item.” Ash chuckles, “They won’t be able to set a foot near the Isles from the mainland without us knowing. And yes that includes you as well.”

Ashieron thinks for another second then snaps his fingers now realizing a slight issue, “It would be nice to be informed of when you and your company are coming here and the estimated time you will arrive at the mainland coast. So what dragons and keepers on patrol won’t be alarmed and cause you issues.”

• Yay
Rob eyed the elf carefully as they answered him. "Seems reasonable enough." He responded in answer to the terms. He still wasn't sure if it'd happen or not, but it was good to confirm ahead of time, just in case.

He held the necklace still as Ash inspected it, though he squirmed a little at the mention of the age of the runes and family markings. However his attention was quickly returned as the elf began to speak again, discussing how it would be treated.

Finally, he asked about when he might bring his company over. "It's probably going to be some time off, if it happens at all. So I can't really say for sure when it might happen. How about if I mention you by name, that way they may feel less inclined to burn me to a crisp and also send word ahead of my arrival. If that's a reasonable solution, what shall I call you?..."

"Perfectly fine if you do both, since knowing magic and sending by bird or whatever messages can get lost or sent to the wrong person." Ash nods, "I do not want any more people getting burned to a crisp." He tells Rob with a flash of pain in his eyes as he remembered the Spine and the Battle of Ninagal... and the events of hundreds of years ago.

But that lasted only a second, he has lost his taste in getting mixed up in matters of combat that did not directly affect the Keepers as of yet.

If that's a reasonable solution, what shall I call you?..."

The elf's ears twitch a bit as he thought, "Call me The Keeper." He tells Rob. "They will know what that means regardless of whom it is." He tells Rob as he was indeed the first Keeper. Having rescued Stella from certain death as well as other dragons throughout his life and raising them. Sort of a name he had been given by the dragons who had come to his organization that were alive at the time.

"If someone does find this item and decides to attack us, would you be okay if we did anything to protect it and our own from the enemy?" Ash asks Rob waving a hand in the air, " Also who might be after it, so we will know if they try to send in spies to try and seek it out."

He carefully put away the necklace as the elf talked. "The Keeper, right. I'll remember that." He re-locked the box as the elf spoke, explaining some things.
"If someone does find this item and decides to attack us, would you be okay if we did anything to protect it and our own from the enemy?" Ash asks Rob waving a hand in the air, " Also who might be after it, so we will know if they try to send in spies to try and seek it out."
"So long as you do not override the spell within it, I am fine. As for whoever might be after it, I can't say I'd know anyone. It's been a well kept secret for plenty of years now, and most who knew about it are long dead, I'd figure." He turned the box back towards himself, while stowing the key.

Ash nods furiously, “Welp! Mr.Rob. I think that is it from me. Though if something does pop up with this I will message you immediately.” The elf tells the human with a happy smile putting his hands together, “Now! Do yoooou have anything else?” He pipes up asking Rob, almost as if his serious demeanor changing as he had nothing else to question on really.

Since the elf seen it all in the course of his endless time on this earth, he knew how people would act if they wanted something really badly. Spies, thieves, armies even. But he had dragons and a huge hunk of them also that kept expanding as time went on. It would be foolish for someone to attack, now that his dragon, Alccarion, returned and she was much much older than Ash!

“Oh! And just follow the same way you came, just a heads up. And the spell would take effect when you get to a spot where you will know your own way from there.” Ash smiles as he waited for a response.

• Yay
"No, I don't have anything else for ya." Rob relaxed a little, sensing the mood change. All in all this had gone quite well. The security of the box was secured and he didn't have to lose an arm and a leg for it. Now all that was left was to make the return trip before Wren killed her sisters.

"I won't keep you any longer," He reached out the box for the elf to take, "Unless you wan't to discuss anything else or if you need me to do something, I'll be on my way." He moved to stand while waiting for the elf's response.

Ash thinks for a second taking the box in his hand then shakes his head, "Nothing about this but.." He waves his hand in front of Rob's eyes.

"That is the spell we talked about earlier. Good luck out there and we have our eyes on you." The elf smiles happily as he sets the bo within his robes.

"If another need does arise with something such as what is in the box, then please, don't hesitate to call." He gives Rob a bow then disappears out of thin air in the blink of an eye. Leaving nothing but stars that would fade away where he originally was.

• Yay
“Hell of an exit. I’ll see you around.” He stood, making his own exit. He had another long trip back, and the sooner he started the better. He hoped this was worth it, because he was still uncertain about this whole thing.