Fable - Ask Rise of Darkness

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
Elra cleared her throat to get Dauner and Mira's attention. She nodded at the latter gratefully. "Yes, thank you for your help. For now, you should go home and look after your uncle." Her gaze shifted over to Jacob when he chimed in with his own suggestion, smiling wryly. "Now might not be the best occasion. We'll have more important things to discuss when we reach the Den."

Mira cleared her throat. "And thank you, for helping my uncle." She smiled appreciatively at the three of them. "I should check on him, maybe I'll see you later?"

"Certainly," Elra said with another nod. She glanced at the two and inhaled. "Yes Jacob, we will have food," she said through gritted teeth. "Now, if you'd be so kind as to follow me..." She slowly walked off in the direction of her home.

Dauner Jacob Ford

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Dauner
Dauner had thought of inviting Mira over for a drink at that very moment, but he knew better. Her uncle who had barely recovered needed someone to look after him. For this reason, Dauner thought in best to send the girl home as soon as possible. After all, he still had an eternity ahead of him to get back to her.

Dauner turned to Jacob. The apparent gourmet of the group. If not for the many flaws he's displayed so far, Dauner might have considered crowning him as the apostle of gluttony, under him. But there were still too many question marks on the vampire's head for him to consider it.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Elra who then proceeded to lead the way, as they headed to the Dragon's Den. Dauner was a little excited about what awaited him in this new territory he'd never been to.

• Yay
Reactions: Elra Mistfall
The group began to walk after Mira excused herself from the former to go check on her uncle.
But just before Jacob began to follow, he called to Mira.
"Ohh Mira... If your uncle still sufferers from frightening hallucinations, you man can contact me with this" Jacob said, while tossing Mira a black orb. The orb, round and smooth, primarily made of a glass like material, contained a mixture of blood, and scented herbs. Breaking the orb, would immediately attract Jacob, from where ever he was. The scent would be impossible to miss by him.

He then followed behind his other two companions as Elra led the way..

Elra paused when she heard Jacob speaking to Mira, raising an eyebrow at the orb he gave her. He had managed to calm the terrors before, perhaps he could do so again. If that was his intent, that is. His previous comment about feeding still had her on edge.

She led the way to the border between the Inner and Outer City. Where stood her home and business; the Dragon's Den. Though massive compared to average structures it looked quite normal when put side-by-side with the lavish mansions of the city's wealthier merchants. Here they'd have access to whatever they needed to stop these Preachers of Chaos. So she hoped, at least.

She stopped at the front door and turned to face her guests. "For the sake of our mission, I'm offering you both supplies for free. But please, don't think that entitles you to simply take anything without permission. If you need something, simply ask." With that she pushed open the door and entered.

Dauner Jacob Ford

Blood! Dauner could smell it instinctively from the orb Jacob handed to Mira. This orb was supposed to attract the vampire. In a way, it was similar to Dauner's soul tablets, though not quite. In any case, Dauner spent the time on the way making small talk.

There was little Dauner ever needed safe for his charms, his wit, and his strength. Everything else was just aesthetic. But he loved looking cool in everything he did, so in a way, they were essentials too.
If you need something, simply ask.
"You can count on me doing just that" Dauner would say, leaning in towards her, and letting his charms do the rest, if only to fluster her a little.

• Yay
At the door, Jacob took in a breath to sample the area. There was a mix of different creatures, from elves to dwarfs, to human, and also a mix of different types of magical objects.
He walked in behind the group silently, eyeing those passing by...
It wasn't too elaborate, but it was up to date in equipment, supplies, staff and.... "Food!" Jacob chimed in a whisper.

Era said sometimes about supplies being free and all. Well the first thing on his mind, was food.
"Well then, where can I get a plate of chicken soup... And a cup of blood wine too of you don't mind." Jacob inquired from Elra...

Elra closed her eyes and sighed at Dauner's advance. Why could she not have found upstanding warriors to help her with this? She turned away to face the door and started to open it. "Although naturally, I won't be giving you everything you ask for."

She nodded in response to Jacob as they walked inside. Emerging in a teahouse filled with adventurers, merchants, travelers, and locals. "I'm sure that can be arranged. You can ask-"

"Elly!" an elven woman called from the counter, waving them over. It was hard to gather much about her with the top half of her face hidden beneath her colorful hooded cloak. Aside from the red hair sticking out of both sides of it. "What took you so long? Are you trying to avoid me? And who are your friends?"

Elra sighed as she led them to the front counter. "Hello Tanith. I'm afraid things turned out to be a bit more complicated than I was expecting." She waved back at her two companions. "This is Dauner and Jacob. They'll be helping me with this."

Tanith glanced at the two strangers and cocked her head. "Hm?"

Dauner Jacob Ford

• Popcorn
Dauner giggled, though he felt a little disappointed his charms had been so bluntly ignored. Almost made him want to go all out on Elra, but then again, he'd already experience the discomfort of having every girl in around him, fawning over him during work hours, so he decided to restrain himself. There was still much time for him to sway the elven beauty, during their time together. He smiled, as he followed behind her, into the building.

It wasn't too shabby. On the contrary, it looked like the kinda place where information passed by regularly. The perfect information hub anyone who liked keeping informed would want, and the kinda place a guy like Dauner could use to further his plans. Before he knew it, his mind had drifted off to those thoughts again. Call it a bad habit of his. Analyzing any and everything for potential benefits or risks was a habit he'd picked up several millennia ago, and which had stuck to him since then.

From the counter, an elven woman called out to Elra. Though veiled, Dauner could sort of tell that it was another pretty woman. He had some sort of sense for such things. That plus the fact that such a figure could only ever belong to a face pretty enough to match it. After Elra would introduce him, he would step forth and perform a proper introduction.

"Dauner A. Light, wanderer and adventurer" he would say, taking Tanith's hand, and placing a kiss on it. "A pleasure"

• Yay
Reactions: Tanith Mistfall
Elra's words were cut short, which was a heart breaking moment for him. He was a vampire, but he was rather different from most of his relative cousins. He shared the same unquenchable thirst and hunger with the rest of his species, but unlike them, he could quench it either with normal human food, or the traditional blood. All though with normal food, he'd have to eat more often.

Their mission was a sensitive one, so feeding on anyone right now could damage his image in either Elra's eyes, or in the eyes of the locals. As for Dauner, Jacob figured he wouldn't judge, seeing as he himself was cautious about revealing the entirety of his capabilities, and what he really was.

Walking up to the counter, Jacob glaced at Tanith, Elra's sister apparently.
"Nice to meet you miss.. Jacob Ford is the name. Could I get a plate of chicken soup and a mug of blood wine? It's of dire urgency." He hurriedly said. "Unless you all would want me to go all blood crazy on these fine people." He added, but more to himself, in a quiet whisper.

Tanith hummed as she studied the odd pair of guests her sister had brought along. She didn't usually bring anyone by, not personally. And especially not two at once with a vague story about something complicated. A grin slowly spread across her face. "Any friend of Elly's is welcome here!" She heard her sister grumble something about them not technically being friends but decided to ignore it.

She kept up the smile even as the first stranger, Dauner apparently, took her hand and kissed it. Another charmer it seemed. "And my name is Tanith, but you probably heard Elly call me that earlier. So I'll have to tell you my surname instead. It's Mistfall!"

"Yes, Tanith Mistfall, my sister," Elra said bluntly, sending a pointed look Dauner's way.

Tanith giggled. Her sister really didn't like it when strangers flirted with, well, either of them really. Her gaze shifted to Jacob when he spoke up. There was a sense of urgency in his voice, how curious. She watched him a few seconds longer. "Hm, I'd have thought you'd prefer one of the blood vials Elly keeps in the clinic. But if you'd prefer wine..."

She ducked down and rifled through the cabinet, eventually popping back up and holding a bottle of blood wine out to him. "I'll have to make the soup. But I'm sure this will satisfy your urges until then?"

Dauner Jacob Ford

• Popcorn
As Dauner slowly let go of Tanith's hand, a cold chill ran down his spine. He could feel daggers pointed at him. The kind that the eyes tended to give off with sharp stares. He let a cold sweat escape. The good thing about them was, they couldn't kill. Else, Dauner'd probably have died a billion times by now.

He quickly regained his composure as Tanith handed the blood wine to Jacob. "Ahem. If I may ask, why do you cover your face? Surely your sister's beauty must run in the family, no?" he'd inquire the best way he knew how to. If he could, he might end up spending quite some time making small talk with Tanith. Though he was pretty sure he would get pulled away by Elra if he did. They had a case to solve after all. Thinking of it felt nostalgic, as he remembered the old days when something like this happened a lot each time he tried flirting around when their rebel army had important matters to discuss in the war room. Good times.

• Yay
Tanith and Dauner exchanged pleasantries, while Jacob could not help but smile at the sight of Elra piercing the side of Dauner's head with death stares. Jacob took a step closer to her. "Your not too fund of the charmers I see.". He stated.
" Well I think you better get used to it. He looks like the relentless and playful type. And for the entirety of this mission, am guessing he'll keep making advances at you, or your sister when ever possible." He added.

Jacobs ears twitched at the mention of blood vials. "If you don't mind, could you throw that into the mix as well?" Jacob said with a small grin, while taking a seat at the counter.
He picked up the mug and lifted it slightly in the air. "Cheers" He said, then took a sip, after sniffing the contents of the mug. "Mmmm." He moaned. "That there is fine wine." Jacob complimented to Tanith

Dauner's question/attempt at flattery, pulled Jacob out of his state of bliss. He took was curious, but didn't really bother himself to ask. Is belly was all that occupied his mind.
He put down his cup, and looked at Tanith, awaiting her answer...

Elra continued to glare as Dauner continued his efforts to flatter her sister. She opened her mouth to warn him away when Jacob addressed her instead. She crossed her arms and exhaled, but couldn't deny the truth of his words. "They do tend to be the most stubborn of people, don't they?" she asked dryly.

Tanith set a hand on her chin and grinned wider. "I'm not hiding my face exactly. But it makes me look more mysterious, doesn't it?" She lowered her tone to a whisper. "By the way, it's generally not smart to flatter a lady by comparing her to her sister."

Elra rolled her eyes. She smacked Dauner on the back of the head, just hard enough to get his attention. "If you haven't forgotten, we have an actual mission to discuss." She claimed another seat at the counter. She placed her new spear next to her so it leaned against it.

"Ooh, a mission!? You're not planning to leave me out of this, are you Elly?" Tanith pouted. Only to perk back up when Jacob spoke up. "Hmm, now there's an order I haven't gotten before. I'll be right back." She spun around on her heel and disappeared through the kitchen door.

Dauner Jacob Ford

• Sip
An air of mystery was never something Dauner had been known to dislike. It did play a part in adding onto the charm of many a lady, after all. He grinned at Tanith's statement. "Can't refute that" he chuckled. After Tanith whispered about his attempt to flatter, Dauner move his head closer and responded in a whisper. "And who said I was flattering?"

Painfully honest to a fault whenever beauty was concerned. Dauner never flattered, unless it was for diplomacy. He simply wouldn't flirt with anyone that didn't match his tastes, unless it was necessary. He wouldn't get to wait for a reply, though, as Elra grabbed his attention in a not so subtle way, reminding him of their mission.

"Oh, yes! There's that too" he'd remember as he snapped back into the real world. Tanith's offer to help would not go without an advocate. "That's an idea. We could use the help. Four heads are better than three, right?" he continued, also grabbing himself a seat. Seeing Jacob enjoy his drink made him thirsty. He could go for some wine. But it had been a while since he enjoyed a good cup of tea. His tea ceremony skills, which he had refined with utmost decorum and elegance, were going to rust away at this rate. He decided, he would ask for a brew from Tanith when she returned from the kitchen.

Turning back to the other two, Dauner returned to the original subject. "I think this subject is one best discussed in a more private setting. The more ears are around, the more chances of sensitive information leaking. And the higher the chances of unnecessary agitation from the populace, which might only serve to aid our 'preachers of chaos'" Dauner said, having decided to use that as their official name, until they found out what the cult's actual name was.

• Yay
This were calm, Tanith had just gone to the back to fetch some blood vials for Jacob to spice up his drink, Dauner was back on topic, and was now suggesting that they find a better, more private place to discuss.
"I think that's a great idea Elra. Do you have any place where we can have a private conversation?"
Jacob asked, between sips of if blood wine.
It would also be nice if Tanith joined it on the fun too. Jacob always love a nice small group of people to work with.
Dauner Light Elra Mistfall

Elra rolled her eyes when she overheard Dauner's next comment to her sister. It took some effort not to knock him on the back of the head with the blunt end of new spear.

Tanith's smile remained fixed on her face. "So you're an honest charmer than, can't say I've encountered many of those." She laughed as she walked off. Though even after she'd entered the kitchen she called back. "Buuut you might still want to consider being a little honest with a pair of sisters while they're in each other's presence."

Elra took a deep breath and mercifully ignored the exchange. Instead focusing on Dauner and Jacob's more reasonable point. She glanced at the nearby staircase. "The top floor is our living area. We can speak there in private. I'm sure Tanith will be along shortly." She grabbed her spear and gestured for them to follow as she set off for the stairs.

Dauner Jacob Ford

• Popcorn
Dauner would waste no time in following Elra up the stairs. As soon as they were upstairs, Dauner would fall on the closest couch. After all, he was still recuperating and so was less inclined to physical work of any form, like walking. He'd immediately make himself comfortable.

After the other would be seated in place, he would turn to them in inquiry. "So, what do you guys suggest our next plan of action should be?" he'd ask. He had an idea of what he'd do if he was working solo. But he wasn't, so he gave the others a chance to present reasonable courses of action. Or at least, a more reasonable course of action than what he'd have thought up.

• Yay
The group had moved upstairs, and were now getting comfortable in the living space. Jacob took in the cozy scenery before him before taking a seat.

"Well seeing as we've foiled one of their attacks, am guessing they'll be a lot more cautious about how the nove. But they'll probably find ways to escalate even more now, if indeed their plan is to cause widespread panic and chaos." Jacob said absent mindedly, giving a rather off-topic answer to Duaner's question.
"I would say let's fully involvd the authors in this, so as to utilize their numbers and resources, but then who knows if these preachers of chaos have infiltrated the security forces."

• Yay
Elra sat straight on a chair, folding her hands and setting them on her lap. "Cults like this tend to have some sort of leader or figurehead, someone who knows all their inner workings. I think it would be best to locate them, whoever they may be, and use them to unravel the rest of their plans."

"In that pursuit, we should learn about this cult and its leadership from some of the lower-ranking members, working with the authorities may aid in that regard, it's true." She glanced at her spear, which now sat leaning against her chair. "I also have a friend who specializes in enchantments. If they can work out the kind placed on this spear we could use it to narrow our search."

While they were speaking Tanith stepped back into the room. "Hello again!" she sang as she strolled over, setting a bowl of soup down in front of Jacob, along with a cup of suspiciously dark wine. "There's your special order."

Dauner Jacob Ford

"Using the city's guard force to help unravel the mysteries will certainly aid us in our quest" Dauner said in response to Jacob. "However, that will also generate a lot of noise, if they are too proactive in their search. We have no idea who's who, and who can be trusted. Who's a friend and who's an enemy in disguise. Spies are a common thing, especially when it comes to cults"

Dauner was well aware of how easy it was for cults to infiltrate the governmental structures. They usually took in kids and trained them into loyal weapons, before releasing them into society. These kids often start from the bottom, and slowly climb, making a lot of connections and gaining the trust of many. Dauner knew this because it was a strategy he'd used before.

In his life, Dauner had witnessed the rise of several cults, who worshiped him, the great demon monarch, and had led a few too. From those experiences, he knew of how most cults operated. One of such knowledge, was information control.

Elra's idea to get information from low level members would normally work for ordinary organization, and small cults with weak structures, but stronger cults tended to keep their information well hidden. The low level members were not allowed to know the reason behind their mission, or the identities of their superiors or even comrades. Sometimes, magic was used to seal off portions of the memory such that, speaking of it, would instantly kill them, and trying to probe into such memories would erase them entirely.

In that pursuit, we should learn about this cult and its leadership from some of the lower-ranking members
"Then we might need to find some higher ranking members. In my experience, the low ranking members usually don't know much except for how to contact their immediate superior"

But Dauner was intrigued by the idea of tracing the enchantment on the spear. He knew it was something like a soul devouring curse, but that wasn't knowledge anyone would normally have, and he was still trying to hide that he was a demon, so he kept shut about it. But if they could get someone else to tell them that, then they could start working on it without worry.

As Tanith walked into the room, Dauner's attention would shift back to her. "A cup of tea would be nice" he said, as though answering to a question which was never asked. But he kept a charming smile on, which could always eliminate the awkward in any sort of awkward situation.

• Yay
The discussions on their next move went on smoothly, with each of them pitching in their own ideas. Elra suggested combing through their lower ranks looking for info. Dauner saw it as a waste if time, unless they went in for higher ranking members of the cult. But all this was dependent on actually finding members of the court.

Tanith, who had been getting Jacob's order, finally came to the room with a bowl of soup and an absolutely pleasant smelling drink in front of him. "Now this... This is nice!" Jacob commented, with a wide grin, clearly expressing his excitement for the food about to be eaten. "Thank you." He added, shifting in his seat to get ready to eat.

The soup was delicious, and the specially made wine was divine. The sourish taste of the wine blended into the intoxicating aroma of blood in his mouth, sending his palette to an all out frenzy of desire and excitement.

"Here's an idea..!" He spoke up, after taking another sip from his come. "Why not secretly interogate a few choice officals among the police for. Maybe we could glean soothing from one of them." He said again.
"After all, both your plans depend on actually finding members of the cult." He added again looking at the others...

"And you couldn't have asked me this before I came all the way upstairs?" Tanith pouted as though her feelings were hurt. But it soon lifted back into her usual smile. She wandered back toward the stairs, but lingered and waited for them to continue.

Elra set a hand on her chin. "It's true that there are likely spies among the city guard. it would explain why their activities have gone largely unnoticed until now. But Jacob does raise a good point, we need to find members of the cult regardless. If we're able to root out spies among the guards in the process, that would be good for everyone. Furthermore it's likely that we'll find higher-ranking members of the cult among their spies."

Tanith smiled and gasped. "Are you investigating a cult without me? It's been too long since I dismantled one of those."

Elra rolled her eyes. "Very well Tanith. You may accompany us. I'm sure we'll need your talents anyhow."

Dauner Jacob Ford

• Popcorn
Dauner slightly rubbed his finger on his cheek, as he gave off a nervous chuckle in reply to Tanith. He'd only thought of it after she'd left for the kitchen, but he wasn't going to state that as an excuse. Jacob's idea was on point. Just what they needed to do. By rooting out the spies from within, and then interrogating them, they might find someone with the information they need. Although such a person might be higher up in the ranks of the guards, or might even be the captain of the guard himself.

"Brilliant idea, Jacob. Though, we'll have to be discrete. We wouldn't want to alert them. First, I propose we investigate the places where a lot of kids have gone missing and find who's in charge of the security there. We can then proceed after knowing who to start our investigation from"

Dauner looked more than delighted to have the company of yet another pretty lady on this adventure. "We'd be delighted to have you join us on our little merry adventure" he'd say to Tanith, offering a smile which gave off the same feelings his words did.

The others baught Jacob's idea nicely.
So the plan now was to go among the guard forces and find out from them, discretely of course, on the movements of the cult, and possible future plans.

And it also looked like Tanith would be joining the team on the hunt. This was getting interesting. Two elves, an old half demon and an old hybrid... Really interesting indeed.

"Brilliant idea, Jacob. Though, we'll have to be discrete. We wouldn't want to alert them. First, I propose we investigate the places where a lot of kids have gone missing and find who's in charge of the security there. We can then proceed after knowing who to start our investigation from"
"I support second that." Jacob spoke, in support to Dauner's suggestion. "That should make our search a lot less hectic." He finished, taking a sip from his cup.

Dauner Elra Mistfall