Open Chronicles Ripples In The Pond

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Shocked colored his features, but only because he had not expected the sudden forcefulness.

There was nothing wrong with it per say, the words were simply out of character from what he had seen from her so far. His lips thinned for a moment as he stared at her, eyes wandering slowly around the small enclosure as he wondered about what she had said.

Her admission of course made perfect sense, even before she'd said the words Ishar had already suspected something of the sort.

Everything she'd said laid there.

"I…" He began slowly, not entirely sure whether to state things out loud or indirectly. The former Templar wasnt exactly the same as her. Did not have the same control that she had told him her people had. Fingers tightened for a moment and he took in a deep breath.

"I am something all together different." He stated plainly. "I cannot control that which lays within."

Even if he could Ishar wasn't entirely sure that he would want to in the first place. The mere thought set his stomach on edge. "The last time I accepted safety and comfort it did not end well."

No. It had ended in blood and slaughter.

A little smirk curled her lips, as she had to admit, she liked the look of shock on his face, it was about time she surprised someone. She had always been shy, conserved did as she was told, and hid herself, after all in her clan she had to be like her mother, strong, fearless, a true warrior.
She wasn’t, the creature before them was different, and wanted to walk the path of magic. Her eyes turned from amusement to sympathy as she understood what he meant, this didn’t mean she moved from her position or touched him.
He was a warrior a prideful one at that, among other things, templar’s where what they were for a reason, be it brain washing or simply something else. She felt for him, understanding the mourning process of what he had lost.
It was time for him to slowly come out of mourning and she’d be damned if she wasn’t not going to help him, besides the tribe would devour him alive if they knew he was around, and he wouldn’t survive. Again, her eyes studied him, watching him react and soon she understood what was going on, she could smell his pheromones oh, they were of fear, not of her no, him he was afraid of himself.
“Be that as it is, first things first, I need to know what you are to help you, I am not saying I have a complete cure, but I may have a way to give some hope.” A deep sigh after she allowed those words to pass through her pink lips.
Hope, a word that had power, it was a dangerous thing, but it was true, she didn’t think otherwise, she wouldn’t have said it if she didn’t truly believe she could help him. Her eyes narrowed now the spark of determination brightened them in a way that made them glow beautifully. It could have been a trick of the light, then again.
“Be that as it may, you also never met someone like me.” She waved a hand in front of her face.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Ishar Morrad
Hope was something that he had given up on many years ago.

The only time that he had not ended himself long ago was the cowardice. It was not something he would ever openly admit, not to anyone, but that didn't make the fact of it any less true. He frowned for a brief moment, lingering in thought and wondering if he should be truthful of simply end this here.

At the very end of it he supposed she would not attack him, after all in the eyes of many she was just as much a monster as him.

"I carry with me a curse, and old one." Ancient really.

There were tales of Werewolves almost as old as the stories about the Age of Wonders. Some of them took on different curves, talking of unleashed beasts, fierce warriors, half a dozen other things. His own affliction was different, a true curse.

"Ten years ago I was bitten by a werewolf during battle." He frowned again, remembering it well. "There now lays a wolf within me, one I cannot control and one who wants nothing but flesh and freedom."

The pieces began to slowly come together as the Templar spoke, and now she knew what she had smelled, it was a wolf, but not just a wolf she smelled the history within his blood. She kept her posture well, but now she looked more alert, as she listened.
Her mouth drew in a thin line as she was contemplating on what he was, werewolf, interesting she had only ready about lycanthropes in books and there were many variations, in away her kind was almost cousins to them, but they were different.
If he was what she thought he was, there wasn’t away that she knew how to cure him, there could be, but she hadn’t come across it yet, but that didn’t mean there wasn’t something she could do. She could with practice and some testing might help him control the beast or rather not control it in the sense of changing back and forth, but something else.
Her mind swirled with the excitement of the possibilities and figuring a way to help him, but first she needs to know more, so she gave him an encouraging look to help continue his story.

For a few moments Ishar remained quiet, unsure of just how to continue.

His story wasn't particularly unique. "We were on a Hunt."

He offered slowly.

"The Blightlands is controlled by a Fire-Giant, he's pushed out most civilized people over the last few years..." Ishar didn't really intend to give a history lesson, but in an odd way it sort of turned out that way. "He employs...all sorts of creatures."

For better or for worse. "Werewolves are rare, but this one must have been sent my Giant himself."

Ishar had run it over in his mind a thousand times, he was confident of that statement.

"I managed to kill it, but not before it's teeth sunk into my shoulder." He shrugged. "Since then I've turned every full moon. I have no control of when I turn, nor why. I remember the nights, like watching through my own eyes but never being able to move."

It was like a horrible theater. "The beast is not stupid, though it is bloodthirsty."

More than once he'd seen the wolf rip into an innocent.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Runa
The information moved about her brain and swirled around a hidden library inside, it was all coming together and how she could help him. She could help him not run any more and maybe could possibly not see himself so bad.

“I can help, I can’t cure you, but I can help.” Replying before she adjusted her position in front of him, with both hands placed behind her bracing her leaning as her legs were stretched out before her.

“I mean it would be a lot of work, you would have to trust me fully, also you’d need to understand a few rules of magic and well getting use to not being alone, as I’d have to be around you for a while.” It was apparent the look on her face though rather cute was now full of determination.

She would have said she was sorry he had gone through that, but honestly, she wasn’t because she believe it was all meant to be, plus it would change anything.

“Also, there are steps, that are painful to go through, but rewarding in the end.” Her shoulders shrugged.

“It’s all up to you, and before you say you’ll rip me to shreds, I am not like the typical innocent and I can handle my own.” She leaned more on her right hand so she could gesture with her left.

“So, what path do you want to take, the one of lonely wandering until you finally die either by other’s hands or your own by succumbing to the nightmare of watching innocent people torn to shreds, or two you go down a painful path that may lead you back to looking at yourself with respect again and maybe, you might just like it and manipulating the nightmare your way?” Her lips thinned into a smile.

• Thoughtful
Generally speaking Ishar did not trust magic.

He was from a land where magic was used to subjugate, kill, and slaughter on almost a daily basis. It's use was not forbidden, but tightly controlled by the reigns of Molthal.

Over the years he'd seen magic do terrible things. Twist life, break cities, slaughter entire families with the flick of a finger. Trusting yourself to something like that, particularly when you didn't know much about it, didn't really sit well with him.

It wasn't that she seemed evil or mistrustful, but the fact of the matter was that Ishar had spent his entire life in the opposition of the use of magic. He was a Templar, and in the Blightlands at least that meant hunting down the mages of Molthal so that they could not harm what innocents remained within the blight. He frowned deeply, looking up at her. "I would need to know more."

Ishar answered finally.

It was a step, a small one, but a step nonetheless.

This made her sit up fully crossing her legs into a more comfortable manner, the way he looked at her, she could see he was very skeptical. Runa couldn’t really blame him, honestly it would prove how wise he was but then again, she wondered what portion was wisdom, then prejudice.

Taking a deep breath, this was going to be hard to explain, but she had to try right?

Here goes, she thought to herself, there were a few large stones still left near the campfire and so she began to grab one and place it before him on the soft ground.

“First step in which you take has nothing to do with magic, it has everything to do with retraining that mind of yours, for anything to have any hold in helping you, you will need to finally come to terms what you are.” She gestured and continued, her bright eyes locked on him, never looking at the stone as she continued.

“You are no longer Human, Templar, you are now a werewolf, you will need to see this as not something to be ashamed of, it is fact good or bad, it is fact and you'll need to truly know that this is how it is and your ok with it and all that you were told, was only seeing this from one side of the story. You must learn to now seen it differently. Yes, this will be painful, Yes, you will be in morning for some time, this will not take days, it will take months, years and so on, but the start of this, will help and soon make what steps come next easier.” The expression on her young face, was now not so young but almost wise and old.

She gently reached over and placed the next stone beside the third and looked to him.

“The next step is also not magic, this is where you learn about the creature inside of you, you understand nature. Yes, it’s a beast inside of you, but this beast is a wolf and a wolf works differently, you’ll need to study this creature and all its habits, for you to truly yourself and what it needs to live. It’s not for the faint of heart, I have journals to help you, as well as other ways."

A third stone she places next to the second and she now pauses and stares at it, and her brow furrows as if to show she was trying to figure out how to say what she was going to say. She looks up at him and her lips parted.

“This may be only painful because you’ll again have to open your mind then what you’ve seen or been told, other then that it isn’t that painful, magic is a neutral thing, only the one wielding makes it what it is, but in general magic neither good or bad and yes, there are some magic that is made to be bad but as I said depending on the wielder it can be turned from bad, to good.” Her face was stern and she would make this clear.

"What I am doing, is coming from a pure place, if I wasn't, I couldn't wield this gift." Continued.

“That being said, this is what I purpose, now you said this creature is smart, so I cannot enchant a piece of cloth, because you’ll either rip it in the change or it will tare it off, I cannot enchant a trinket such as a necklace etc., because I’m pretty sure the beast will just get rid of it, now I’m thinking of a tribal mark that is permanent on your skin, placed in an area it can not get to, also I can enchant it so that it can never come off your form.” She paused.

“The magic I offer is to enchant this mark with the ability to not control your werewolf side, but more give you power of some influence of the beast, as in instead of just being a watcher you would be that voice inside its head to try and stop whatever you feel should be stopped, basically like a conscious inside, granted this may work or may not, it depends on you and how effective you are on the beasts mind, but it is worth a shot.”

"There is no cure, as far as I know, but this is the closes I can come to, to help."

She then thought a moment. “Now I can also give you three stones, like I have here, where I can do an invisible cage, so if you feel the mark may not work, you can’t leave the cage until the shift is gone, that being said, it would be tricky, but I can have it traps your werewolf side only.”

She finished now staring at him, glancing from the three rocks before him and then back to his eyes studying him.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Naghi
For a brief moment he considered her words.

It was...a lot of information to say the least. He couldn't help but feel slightly overwhelmed with it all. Part of it he couldn't even really follow, either lost in translation or something that he had to think about twice.

When she mentioned a permanent mark however his face tightened. Some of the muscles in his neck seemed to tense, and he could sense his discomfort at the idea of having someone he did not truly know mark him permanently.

In the blightlands such techniques were often used to create mind-slaves. Drones that were held by shamans and their magics.

He doubted this woman was of that sort. She had shown him kindness, but a few moments of such things could not overcome a lifetime of teachings. A frown touched his face for a brief moment, lips thinning as he wondered to himself.

"The first of your suggestions, the second as well." Even those seemed...alien to him, but he could at least try it.

"I will..." Ishar trailed off. "Do them."

Why did it feel so sickening for him to agree to such a thing? The Wolf was not him, it was not a part of him, never had been...but if it meant he could understand it, control it? Perhaps he could be willing to try.

His head shook. "As for the mark. I appreciate the offer, but...I cannot take it. Such magics in my lands are used for evil purpose and though you have been nothing but kind, I cannot subject myself to someone I do not truly know in such a way."

Yet perhaps in time.

• Sip
Odious . . . Male. She thought to herself, as he rejected the magic in which could save not only his life, but others. She let out a sigh, then again, she couldn’t really blame him, but when he spoke of evils, and no matter if he intended it to not be offensive it was, specially if he put her with those he dealt with.

Her eyes sparked with a flame and then it slowly began to disappear, she was a stranger, he didn’t know her like she knew her, so he was just going off what she spoke of.

Runa calm yourself, it will take time, he at least agreed to the other two, those are big steps for him. She once again told herself, trying to calm the want to give him a tongue lashing he’d never forget,

“I understand, thank you for wanting to do the first two.” She started.

“It’s a brave thing you are doing.” Her features moved into more of a reassuring expression.

“At least, allow me to create a sort of invisible cage, so in case your beast appears, that only the beast can’t get out of it, you as a man can leave when ever you feel, but the beast can’t, it won’t need anything from you to do so.” She stated, they had to make sure, that the beast was caged and couldn’t harm anyone until he could control it, if he even could.

It was a compromise that even he couldn’t just deny right away.

• Cheer
There was another moment of hesitation, and then a slow mod as he agreed.

Doing so was difficult for him. Trust was…never something he had really been good at, but this woman had been kind. She had listened and not immediately condemned him for what he was. That had to count for something. At least a little bit of decency.

"Alright." Ishar said slowly.

Briefly he had wondered how it had all ended up here, how he'd managed to make it this far north without dying. It seemed odd go him that he would rely on a stranger to finally help control him.

He had tried with Rose, truly tried, but the beast inside had never really relented. Perhaps it was his own fault. The emotions he carried over,the rage and the anger that still seemed to cling to him.

"How do we do that?" He asked. "Or is it all just you?"

• Cheer
Relieved that he at least agreed to what she offered.

Smart man, she thought to herself as she then pondered what he asked.

“Mostly me, and well a wolf.” She said softly, she had to make sure the stones knew the difference between the wolf side and the humanoid part. It was going to be tricky without the man’s blood but could be done.

She just needed some wolf hair and a bit of time, and the cage will be ready.

“Just me and some wolves.” Her lips thinned a little, it wasn’t going to be easy and she wasn’t excited about it, but it had to be done, also he could come with her, and start his healing process.

“It’ll help you start those steps we talked about, but first.” She paused and gestured.

“You are going to need new clothes, a place to call home and supplies.” She glanced around this little camp area was perfect, but she could easily get a rather large tent here, and supplies and make this place a good home.

“I can get all that you need, but first.” She stood up and moved toward her horse once more, flipping up the satchel and pulling out soap and a towel. She moved back over to him and held it out to him.

“How about you wash up, you stink.” A sarcastic smirk placed on her lips.

She was trying to lighten the mood.

“I’ll take care of your clothes while you clean up, just leave them where I can't see you from the pond.” She stated as she was going to make his clothes look good, but she would be lying to herself is she wasn't curious to see what he looked like under his outfit.

Bad Girl she thought.

“I can bring some items to help shave if you like when I go get the supplies.”

Last edited:
He hesitated for a second, then nodded. "Aye I'll clean up."

It would have been silly, petty to deny that. She was doing so much to help him that not doing so almost seemed childish.

"Shaving I cannot." Ishar said. "There are some traditions I've lost, but I prefer to keep this one."

He ran a hand over his beard.

The small braided tassels were a mark of the Blightlands Templar. Not many knew it, but they denoted a bit of his heritage. The small metal clasps within his beard told a story of who he was, what monsters he had managed to slay.

Silly to some, important to a man that had lost so much of himself. "A home is...appreciated."

Could he even call it a home?

He supposed that was her intent. To give him a place to do as they had discussed, allow him a bit of room where he would not be a danger.

Perhaps this would all work.

Despite himself Ishar couldn't help but feel a small twang of home in his chest.

• Cheer
A nod of her head to his comment, it wasn't the first time she heard if this, many men in her clan felt the same way about their beard.

"As you wish." She stated moving to her feet and back to the fire to keep it going.

As he said a home was appreciated her heart flinched with sympathy, she had been there herself, but the only difference was that she was within her own tribe and felt not home.

She'd look back to him and with a nurturing manner.

"Go on then." Gesturing with a nod of her head back to the pond.

• Thoughtful
He glanced back for a brief moment, and then simply nodded in answer to her.

In Ishar's mind there was not really a lot to talk about more. He had agreed to her terms, and perhaps in time it would turn out that he had made the right decision. There was always a chance it would not be so, but he figured that would just be a matter of consequence.

Without any further hesitation the former Templar stood.

He looked around for just a brief moment, unbuckling his sword and placing it against a nearby boulder. The blade was one of the few tokens of his former life that he had left. It'd been forged in the Blightlands, quenched in the blood of a troll.

It held many memories still.

Quickly he stripped himself down, wading into the cool pool of water without so much as a flinch.

• Cheer
Runa waited a few moments before she went and found his clothes, as promised she didn't sneak a peek but she was a woman and the curiosity didn't of what he looked like, did tease her.

She resisted and moved quickly to begin to clean the clothing, she'd take soap and moved to the high ground where the river was connect to the waterfall.

It wasn't to far from the pond and still safe as she began to wash his belongings.

Thoughts continued to way on her mind at how she could help the Templar and found it interesting that she and him had something in common.

He was still stubborn, as this emotion ran threw her mind she scrubbed his clothing harsher, until the dirt, stains and etc was afraid to stay.

Once finished she moved back to camp, there was a towel left for the Templar to wrap himself in, once her finished.

Runa had grabbed her needle and thread and began to weave a simple enchanting spell on his clothing, as she sewed and touched the fabric, it began to bring life back into the fabric.

It started to look brand new and soon in matter of moments his clothing was dry, clean and perfect.

She'd fold them and place them where her was sitting before and await his return.

• Thoughtful
In the blightlands they washed themselves sparingly, usually with rags.

Actually using water to wash was a luxury that most people couldn't afford. The Templar had always tried to ration as much as possible. Surviving was often more important than being clean, though they did use a thing called 'dry soap', in order to not stink to high heaven.

It was hard not to reflect on times back in the Blightlands as he cleaned himself. Mind went wandering, slowly filtering back to that time as he ran a hand through his hair and slowly scrubbed himself clean.

Eventually he managed to break the trance, pulling himself back into reality and shaking his head as he wrung out his hair.

Slowly he stood out of the water, trudging through the muddy bank and returning back towards the camp. He did not appear to show much modesty, not really making an attempt to cover himself until he reached his clothes again.

The thought of appearing scandalous never quite occurred to him.

• Wonder
Runa was making the fire last longer as she gently stabbed at the flames with a stick. The heavy footsteps were easily heard at least to her acute ability and as she smirked and turned to look at the Templar.

Her eyes didn’t bulge per say, no they trailed over his body and then down toward. She cleared her throat and turned quickly back to the fire, trying to avoid the blush appearing in her cheek as she cleared her throat.

“I left a cloth where your clothes were by the pond, next time might want to use it, unless this is another one of your traditions, which it seems you have something in common with my people.” It wasn’t as if she hadn’t seen men naked before, it was a thing, but this felt different.

She couldn’t understand why though, I mean it was just a male who was lost and simply needed help. Runa stabbed at the fire again, trying to deflect her thoughts to something else.

“I need to ride back to my village; I will return before sundown with your tent and other items.” She stated placing the log down.

• Popcorn
"Not tradition." He said with a slight smile, trying to hold in a laugh. "Simply a lack of culture."

He was from a land where such things simply weren't a priority, brought up among a group of people who simply did not care. Templar did not live for multiplying, for relationships, or anything of the sort. They lived to fight.

Molthal had long loomed over them, and they had managed to survive only through singular focus.

As Runa spoke of returning to her village Ishar quickly dressed himself, at the very least to a standard where he would embarrass her further. It was an odd thing, though earned no apology from him was ever said. "Alright."

He said with a nod.

"I will remain here." Ishar spoke slowly, then added. "As promised."

It was odd for him to stay, and doing so made him feel strange. Yet he had given his word.

• Sip
Runa smiled back with amusement.

“Good to know.” Her reply as she moved toward her horse, swiftly untying the stead, and with one big motion holding tight of the reigns she was up and over, sitting gracefully on the saddle of the equine. She pulled on the reigns to make the horse do as she wanted and turned around and with a nod of her head in understanding, she was off toward her village.

Time would tick by, the forest busy with the sounds of wildlife and the air began to grow a bit chillier as the sun moved through the sky, until it would kiss the moon in greetings. It would give him a chance to take in all that had happened and even some time to rest.

As Runa promised she returned but returned with a wagon being pulled by her horse, it was a large one but not too large enough for as she said to carry the items, she’d need to make a home tent and well, supplies.

It would be surprising that there was no one with her, surely those of her village would think her mad, to be bringing such things out here, but then again maybe not. In all honesty, Runa only gave half-truths, she simply stated that she needed to get away for a bit and go on a self-exploration quest, which her people honored such quests.

Though her Aunty was becoming suspicious but she through her off with a simple look of trust her and holding up a new magic tome and soon the subject was no more. It wasn’t that her Aunt disliked magic she just didn’t understand it, and what she didn’t understand she stayed away.

It was that ignorance that annoyed Runa, but she had dealt with it all her life. She moved toward the tree once more, hoping off the stead, she wore now a longer fur hooded robe and had daggers and Chakram Sais at her hips.

“I’ve returned baring gifts.” A smirk calling to the Templar.

• Yay
"Never much been one for gifts." He said with a soft smile.

Such things were entirely unheard of the Blightlands. Even among the free nomads gifts were rarely given save for among close friends and sometimes lovers. In a land where even water was scarce every possession was sacred.

Among the Templar there it was a similar story.

Things were not hoarded, but carefully maintained and looked after at all times. It was mostly to ensure that things survived, that everyone at least got a piece. Ishar had never done well with receiving things he felt he did not earn.

The mage had already given him much, and it was clear from how he stood that he felt somewhat uncomfortable at the idea of taking even more.

Runa winked at him as she un-straddled her horse hopping down with reigns still in hand, her movement was fluid like the water, as she turned the Templar.

“Let’s not called it a gift then, say it’s an investment into a brighter future.” Replied with a gentle pat to her horses’ neck as she gestured with her hand.

“Come one Templar now let’s see how those old muscles of yours are doing, need help putting up the tent.” She moved over toward where all the items were neatly placed in the small cart, it was a lot, but it was apparent this wasn’t her first time setting up a decent home.

Runa had noticed every little tells of how uncomfortable he was, and so she countered it as she did, putting him at ease that he was working for these items and they weren’t given to him.

She would untie a strap and glanced at him.

“I brought some weapons; help clear some cobwebs I see in your hair.” She stopped pulling the decent sized bag open.

Weapons were needed after all they were still in the middle of forests and well, they weren’t the only thing on the food chain and magic didn’t always protect fully. It had weakness’s just like everything around them, it was just harder to find then most.

• Thoughtful
Ishar moved forward alongside the cart.

Helping Runa unload what she had brought posed no problem of course. Before he'd been bitten Ishar had been quite fit. Daily training with the Templar had seen to that, and although he was getting up there in years, he showed no signs of slowing down.

Part of that, he knew, was the curse.

Had he been an ordinary man he likely would have felt the effects of his age. Aching joints, slower movements. Such things were common enough, but the wolf inside of him had gone far to halt such things.

Ishar could still move like a man twenty years his junior. Probably faster if he tried. "I have my sword still."

He offered with a smile.

"Never needed much more than that." Was it different here. "What sorts of creatures roam these parts?"

Ishar had not been north for long, and if she could tell him more while he set up the tent he could at least familiarize himself with the area.

After all, it seemed he'd be here for a while.

• Popcorn
He sniffed the air and sighed. 'There's a wolf here...'

Arathos crept out of the shadows and into the forest - greeting the darkness of the skies and the light of the stars with a slight smile. His journey across the Blighted Lands had somehow led him to this...no man's land in the middle of nowhere. He looked to the side, his eyes briefly scanning over the corpse of the Blight Orc whose blood he'd drained the night before. 'Damned slavers....'

'At the very least, their caravan shouldn't have traveled too far from here...' He'd been tracking a party of orcs traveling to Molthal for the last several days now. The miserable band of slavers and mercenaries slaughtered and plundered an entire village on their path of destruction; a village that Arathos had been staying in. They slashed and burned in the afternoon, killing all, who stood in their way - men and warriors, women and children; no one was spared.

He'd awoken to a scene of death and carnage. Oh that did not sit well with him at all; the death of warriors, he could allow, but the death of innocents was something else entirely - unforgivable - and so the ancient being quickly caught the scent of the orcs travelling through the night and began following them.

This particular one had wandered off to relieve himself in the trees when Arathos pounced from the shadows and dragged him into the darkness, kicking and screaming as both his blood and flesh was ripped from him.

Orcs and mercenaries, he could deal with quite easily. But now there was a Werewolf here as well.

Runa nodded her thanks for him with the unloading and it was a bonus she got to watch him do so, to study how the change had affected his body.

“That may be, call it we have a few just in case.” She waved her hand in reply as she moved to hammer a wooden stake in the ground.

She stopped for a moment looking back up to him from a knelt position, thought a moment.

“Well, the typical, bear, wolf, deer, and so on, but of course, like your things that are not native here sometimes finds themselves a home here.” A smirk grew on her face as she winked at him, before looking back to the stake and began to tie a string to it.

“You’ll see in time, when we take you out hunting and tracking tomorrow morning, ah there were go, now only a few more to go.” She stood satisfied with her knot.

Her eyes drifted toward the dark shadows of the forest as she sniffed the air, in subtle way that not many would have noticed. The night had more for her it seemed, turning on her heels, moved toward the other side of the tent, which killing two birds one stone.

She’d check out one of the three stones she put around the area like a triangle of protection, making sure that it was still strong, that nothing could enter their camp without permission from her, there will be different stones later, that will help contain the templar’s wolf side within the camp, but that was later.

Runa’s eyes would drift toward the shadows once more then back to the stake she pummeled into the ground.

“So, Templar, what beasts have you come across in your past?” Asking more wondering what he knew and didn’t know about creatures of the unnatural type.